[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1911 Magazine Identification

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: A.png (1MB, 1152x876px) Image search: [Google]
A.png
1MB, 1152x876px
Can anyone help me identify this magazine. All I know is that it fits a 1911, has 8 rounds, and has only one mark, which is on the follower.

I will answer questions if anyone has one.
>>
File: B.png (821KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
B.png
821KB, 1152x648px
>>33592423
The base plate and follower. Not pictured is a silver plate with a pin in it that keeps the base plate in place.
>>
>>33592423
>posts 1911 magazine with no distinguishable marks
>says there's one on the follower
>doesn't post the follower
It could be from any of the thousands of 1911 magazine manufacturers. Anything on the baseplate?
>>
>>33592431
>>33592451
Welp I feel retarded anywhoo it's hard to say due to the millions of aftermarket magazines made for the most iconic pistol of all time.
https://www.google.com/patents/US6560907
>>
>>33592472
Yeah, I looked up the patent number hoping to be able to find who the patent holder worked for/what company, but wasn't able to link Thomas Vieweg to any company. I got two of them for free +16 Speer JHPs, so I guess Ill just plink with the magazines at the range and see if they're any good.
>>
>>33592508
Magazines are hard to fuck up, the only issue you may have is with the spring. Try it out and if there's an issue a quick and cheap spring change will probably solve the issue.
>>
File: Comfy Trump.jpg (688KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Trump.jpg
688KB, 900x1200px
>>33592598
Sweet. Will look into it. I've got plenty of USGI mags, so I don't really need these, but I figured "hey, free mags"
>>
>>33592451
He did post the follower.
>>33592423
My guess is it's an old Colt, since Colt was the first maker of 1911s, but it's not blued, so maybe it's something else. I wish I could help you more.
>>
>>33592598
>Magazines are hard to fuck up
i would disagree. a gun is only as good as its magazine, and there are a shitload of bad ones out there.
>>
>>33592423
OP this definitely looks like an 8 round mag for a Ruger SR1911 minus the Ruger Logo.

Do a search for who the OEM for that is and there's your answer.
>>
checkmate industries

looked up patent number
search thomas vieweg
obituary, dead ceo of checkmate industries which makes pistol magazines.
>>
>>33592804
Checkmate is the OEM for Ruger, /k/ actually comes through. Miracles do happen.

>>33592846
I found that obituary too, but somehow missed the ceo of checkmate part. Shame that he died.
>>
>>33592598
Damn I deleted my 1911 folder I had a shit ton of info, different followers are better for different types of bullets. People have been playing around with 1911's for over a hundred years so people had time to figure out which one feeds which type of bullet shapes better or worse
>>
>>33593006
Damn, that would have been neat to see
>>
>>33592423
Check Mate Industries
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.