[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my newly bought Ruger Lcp has been having some issues. 20%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20585920.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20585920.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
So my newly bought Ruger Lcp has been having some issues.

20% of the time it won't chamber a round unless I ride the slide. Even when doing that, it pushed my .380 ball ammo deep into the brass. Way beyond acceptable levels. I've tried researching this problem and people just say it's to be expected of a pocket pistol. I don't find this acceptable at all for a pistol I trust my life to.

Is it the ammo? There are no indentations like most 9mm and 45 ammo have to keep the bullet in place. Should I try to get it fixed? Ruger doesn't have a good track record for customer service and it seems like this is a "non" problem in their eyes. Does anyone have any experience with this?
>>
So your gun isn't working and you haven't tried anything to solve it?

Switch your ammo first. Then stop riding the slide.
>>
I'd also first check your ammo. My cousin has a Ruger LCP that has never failed to chamber a round, and my wife has a S&W Bodyguard that has also never failed to chamber a round.
>>
>>33590844
How hard is 'ride the slide forward'? Regardless, I wouldn't think that would be enough to set back a bullet. What ammo?

2nd vote for try another ammo and call Ruger if it does it to both.
>>
>>33590844
>Ruger doesn't have a good track record for customer service and it seems like this is a "non" problem in their eyes

Baloney. Ruger has some of the very best customer service in the firearms industry. Call 1 (603) 865-2442 on Monday and tell them what the problem is.
>>
Case setback is not normal on anything unless you chambered the round 50 times and ball shouldn't be catching on anything. You do not ride the slide either, that will make it hang. Another vote for "switch ammo" and just use a brisk rack and release. Disassemble and clean it, check for debris, try another magazine. If you can visibly see a wear point on the feed ramp or something then ask Ruger about it.
>>
>>33591202
It's not hard, but riding the slide in a semi is not the way it's supposed to work. I use Sig elite performance ammunition which is recommended with the Lcp.
>>33591127
This is what I'm worried about. I'm using ammo recommended by Ruger and it's not chambering it unless I ride the slide. Even then it doesn't chamber it all the way and I have to hit the slide forward.
>>33591303
I contacted them and told them the issue. They said sometimes you need to hit the slide home to chamber a round. That isn't right at all.
>>
>>33591428
It's the opposite for me. If I full stroke the slide it hangs the round. If I ride it slowly it chambers it fine.
>>
>>33590844

>buying a ruger

you could have just found a dog turd on the street, it's the same quality
>>
>>33591458
For a nominal fee I'm sure they will sell you the II, which fixes everything they failed at whilst making the first series.
>>
Buy an lcp2 faggot. Mine works flawlessly.
>>
>>33590844
1) Give it a thorough cleaning. Disassemble the magazine and clean that, too. You'd be shocked how much gunk you'll pull out of a new gun.
2) Put 500-800 rounds through it before you worry. All semiautos need that for a break-in period.
3) It's a really light gun. Be sure you're not limpwristing it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.