[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /k/ which surplus 7.62x39 ak mag are the best?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: ak mags.jpg (99KB, 1022x425px) Image search: [Google]
ak mags.jpg
99KB, 1022x425px
hey /k/ which surplus 7.62x39 ak mag are the best?
>>
>>33590635

East germans have the best fit and finish in my opinion. Bulgarian circle 10s are the best non-steel mags (with soviet bakelite a close second)
>>
File: more ak mags.jpg (169KB, 1184x1287px) Image search: [Google]
more ak mags.jpg
169KB, 1184x1287px
just a few
>>
>>33590635
China because it doesn't have annoying piece of extra sheet metal on the backside of it. Very clean looking
>>
also what is /k/s opinion on the new Croatian mags being produced
>>
>>33590635
Bakes, Bulg waffles and Finnish waffles.
Gotta get those weight savings.
>>
>>33590635
Best for what exactly? I use romanian mags, they are cheap and work.
>>
>>33590699
best mag in general
>>
>>33590649
Shit, why are those bulgarian mags so cool?
>>
>>33590755
Bulgarian and Russian mags are generally regarded as toptier, but just about any decent steel mag will work similar, which is why I use romanian mags. They are ugly but function just great. Avoid any new Croatian magazine, they have been having issues for years.
>>
I like aim surplus' $10 polish refurbished magazines
>>
>>33590635
chinese, no rib to jam into your hand, solid construction.
>>
>>33590652
I love Norinco mags, just not very common around my parts, have four and would consider them my favorite.
>>
>>33590662
They are not milspec, just commercial junk
>>
>>33590635
I've had a bunch of the steel comblocs over the years including some "collectible" ones like the Russian aluminum waffles and, a North Korean, Bosnians etc. All have pretty much worked perfectly fine. Started weeding out to just the Yugo BHO's for my Yugo Ak and the new Russian Izzy poly's from my Saiga AKs. (Also kept the fleur le dis.)

Anyway, any combloc mag is fine. The BHO feature is pretty cool. I heard the Chinese ones and the new Croatian mags can have issues chambering a round
>>
>>33590635
Yugo and Chinese are the best IMO.
I have more Hungarian mags than any other kind and they're all great
>>
Tapco.
>>
ak103 mags are the king
>>
Russian Bulgarian or polish steel, yugo's are incredible too but heavy.
>>
>>33590662
they suck ass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlS_TCwB8sM
>>
>>33595905
>>
>>33590786
Arms Of America has non-refurb blued Polish mags for $10.
Much better deal, and no fitment issues with globbed on paint.

>Link for brevity

http://armsofamerica.com/polishradomearlyproductionak4730rdmagazinesbluedfinishexcellenttounissuedcondition-1-1.aspx
>>
>>33590775
I thought you only had a 74?
I don't recall ever seeing you post a 7.62x39 rifle.
>>
>>33592009
wtf i love chinese mags now
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>33596055
I had a VEPR in 5.45, right now I have an SLR107. Pic related
>>
>>33596072
Hmm.
For some reason I could've sworn you had a 104.
It's plum, right?
>>
East German are top tier.

If you're looking to pay the smallest amount for the best "tank" of them all, get Yugo. They're insanely solid.
>>
>>33590662

The only thing worst are Korean mags.
>>
>>33596039
Thanks for the link
>>
>>33596100
Yes it's plum stock. They are fairly similar and can easily be confused.
>>
Romanian steel mags are pretty good mags. I have two for my AKM. Anything Russian is good. Hell, everything is good. Just avoid Worst Korean steel mags, ProMag, and TAPCO, I know those are not milsurp
>>
>>33590635
All of them are gtg, except for Korean and croation. Stay away from those two anon, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>33590662
The work just fine in my N-PAP underfolder. My friend had to file his slightly to fit in his Century C39
>>
>>33595955
huh. no wonder they were so cheap. time to get the files out i guess.
>>
I like my Yugos
the steel on the ones I have is very thick, they lockup very tight and I actually like the bolt hold open

if you don't care for that, most mags are the same except weight
so bakelite or toth tool/bulgarian waffle
>>
>>33590786
I bought 10. They have too much paint on them
>>
>>33595955
so basically only VEPRs have correct non ape tier mag wells? Checks out desu.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.