[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pistol id from pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Was the shit is this little guy? Im forced to only go from the pic here and the owner is less than helpful. He has zero fun knowledge
>>
looks like a cobra arms freedom .380
>>
Pretty sure raven in 25 acp, if you're considering buying don't.
>>
Raven it is. Blurry ass proof marks are the same. Not buying. It's his carry gun. I have no interest in it beyond comedy.
>>
>>33585544
Pretty sure it's an old Raven Arms MP22 or MP25 (in .22LR or .25ACP), could also be a Jimenez JA22/JA25 (ditto on calibers). There was a whole clusterfuck of offshoot companies copying the design once Raven Arms closed up shop, but the shiny chrome/nickel finish and wood grips make me think it's a Raven Arms.

They, and their offshoots (Jimenez, Bryco, Lorcin, Davis, etc, the ATF dubbed them the "Ring Of Fire"), are generally regarded as absolute junk.
>not dropsafe (lots of people sued Raven Arms and a bunch of others from these things maiming, paralyzing and killing when dropped on the floor)
>safety is actually known to make the gun fire (those were some other lawsuits)
>magazines will generally refuse to feed if fully loaded
>and will fail to feed a lot anyway if not
>extraction and ejection failures aren't rare
>neither are failures to fire
>the frame and slide are zamak (zinc alloy) castings, and not well done either, breakage and catastrophic failures are known
>striker assembly known to break, I've seen the breech fail and blow out the striker assembly through the back of the slide

>>33585559
Not far off, it's based on the MP25.

>>33585656
Jesus Christ, tell him to at the least carry with an empty chamber, that shit is dangerous.

And he really needs to step up to something that isn't utter garbage, even a KelTec .32 pocket piece or whatever.
>>
File: BabyBrowning.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
BabyBrowning.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>33585656
>It's his carry gun
Jesus Christ. If you need to carry a micro pistol, you'd be better off with a NAA revolver (similar price) or a Baby Browning (More expensive).

And if you're only carrying it for the price tag, and no other reason, you'd be better off with a hipoint or a P-64.
>>
Evidently there is some sentimental value. Dad gave it to him.

Thanks for the help all. Figured it was trash, chambered in garbage.
>>
>>33585670
>carry with an empty chamber, that shit is dangerous

Why? It has a safety
>>
>>33586834
Because the Ring Of Fire guns are not drop-safe, especially not the early ones (which also may fire if you work the safety).

I say as much in my post, a bunch of lawsuits happened because there were quite a few people who carried one with a loaded chamber, then either dropped it or bumped it against something and the gun shot them or someone else. I think at least one person was paralyzed from the neck down.

And then there's the safety itself, one case that comes to mind is a kid finding the gun and fooling around with it, his babysitter grapples with him for it and as she puts it on safe the gun fires and kills the kid.

These things REALLY are terrible by design AND manufacture.
>>
>>33586834
>answer to question literally in the same post

Fucking day/k/are
>>
>>33587172
Well I take my personal experience over some guy spouting shit on the net. Mine's never done that.
>>
>>33585559
>>33585643
>>33585670
>>33585656

It's a Raven arms MP25.

Period. That's what it is.

>>33585769
.25 ain't bad. It beats nothing. And the ravens are actually some of the few "Saturday night specials" that actually work worth a damn.
>>
I had a Raven .25 that I got as part of a complicated trade about 10 years ago. I already had a stockpile of .25acp, and I tossed it into the range bag.

I probably ran about 300-400 rounds through it, and never had any sort FTF or FTE. It'd print about a 4" group at 25 feet with an occasional flier.

Although I swapped it for something else after a few years, I was actually fairly impressed by this cheap little pistol. I wouldn't ever use it as a carry piece, but it went Bang every time I pulled the trigger, and it was fairly accurate for what it was.
>>
>>33587344
second this. I have one. Not a bad pistola for plinking. Jams occasionally (mine at least) and they're heavy as fuck for their size. They're cheap though.
>>
>>33587325
The ATF literally made a public warning about it.
>>
File: ravenL2.jpg (514KB, 1375x927px) Image search: [Google]
ravenL2.jpg
514KB, 1375x927px
>>33585544
It's a Raven P-25. The early models like that are a bitch to rack, since the slide serations are large and slick, and it's hard to get a good grip with your firing hand while keeping clear of the trigger. Also, as pointed out above, the safety is for shit.

So, you have a gun in a minimal caliber, that you daren't carry chambered, that is difficult to manually cycle.

I keep mine as a curiosity, but if you want a defensive weapon, I'd say look elsewhere.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.