[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will my dogs hate me if I ever have to shoot a home intruder?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: 1491440802766.jpg (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491440802766.jpg
317KB, 1920x1080px
Will my dogs hate me if I ever have to shoot a home intruder?
I have two dogs that sleep in my room, and I constantly worry that if some dindu breaks in and enters my room, that my eventual mag dump will deafen them and make them all sorts of fucked up.
>>
>>33585172
My black lab sleeps at my feet every night. Luckily I started shooting over him when he was 8 weeks old so he doesn't care about guns outside, inside might change his mind though. He's fucked if the intruder has a vacuum.
>>
>>33585172
Have you considered gun training your dogs? It's not that hard. Dogs are pretty forgiving as long as they know who's in charge and what's expected of them.
>>
>>33585172
depends on what your dog is

if your dog is a tiny shaking bark machine with any kind of pommeranian or yorkie in it then you failed as a man
>>
>>33585191
I have a chihuahua and a doberman.
The doberman is a fucking stupid bitch that my girlfriend trained in the worst way possible, shes now four and does not listen to anyone except me because I talk to her in a commanding tone.
My chihuahua is obviously a scared little fagguette, I doubt he could handle gunshots of any kind.

I think gun training would cause the doberman to just be even more on edge, and the chi would just straight up not trust us anymore.

I guess this all boils down to poor taste in dogs and shit training.
>>
>>33585203
should have >inb4'd
>>
>>33585207
I don't mean to be a dick, but you're shit out of luck on gun training both of those dogs. >>33585191 forgets to mention that most dogs need to be gun trained from a young age, you can gun train older dogs but it requires a lot of work and patience. And bacon treats.
>>
My dog already hates guns, dunno why but she's a shelter dog so her prevvious nigger owner might have had sonething to it.

Can't even clean guns around her, she doesnt run off to piss in the bathroom anymore but she shakes something awful.

Though the few times I got a gun when she started barking at sonething she didn't mind, maybe I need to shoot someone for her to get over it.
>>
File: small.jpg (171KB, 610x812px) Image search: [Google]
small.jpg
171KB, 610x812px
>>33585172
If you deafened a dog from operating, it would be forced to rely on what senses and abilities it has. Your dog would still recognize you from vision and particularly smell. What bond exists between you and the dog would be reinforced. If your dog trusts you, it will look to that existing instinct in the hearings absence. If the dog's already skittish it definitely would not help. Gun training a house dog for a blue-moon-scenario (depending on your situation, anon) doesn't make much sense to me.
>>
File: 1477340856115.jpg (16KB, 480x465px) Image search: [Google]
1477340856115.jpg
16KB, 480x465px
>>
>>33585285
That being said a single gunshot indoors won't deafen a dog anymore than itll deafen a person.
>>
>>33585172

My dog grew up on a farm and grew up with guns.

Eventually I moved back to the city (no guns) and when my dog saw my airshit she was scared shitless. One day I wanted to shoot a pidgeon from my window (sitting on my car) and the airshit was nowhere to be found.

Eventually one day it rained alot and I noticed something in the dirt. It was my airshit, which my dog had buried.

Smart lad.
>>
>>33585296
Pretty sure dog's have stronger hearing that's more susceptible to damage, but maybe I'm mis-remembering. Either way I agree that one round in an average home wouldn't cause permanent or extreme damage.
>>
File: M4Qd.jpg (60KB, 429x386px) Image search: [Google]
M4Qd.jpg
60KB, 429x386px
How about a suppressor? Good for your own hearing too
>>
>>33585172
Well it wont be good for his ears (or yours), but they kind of sense if you feel threatened, so if you attack and kill someone in an emergency, he probably wont hold it against you, in fact he might even respect you for defending the pack against a predator.
>>
>>33585228
Maybe take her for a long walk in a shitty hood and until you stumble upon someone demanding your wallet, then just ventilate him.

It'd be kind of fucked up, but it could give her the right idea, and it's not like the dude would be a contributing member of society.
>>
>>33585375
Not a bad idea.

The HPA might happen too.
>>
>>33585316
>Eventually one day it rained alot and I noticed something in the dirt. It was my airshit, which my dog had buried.
That's hilarious. Weird but hilarious.

>>33585375
>How about a suppressor
WHAT, YOU WANT YOUR DOGGO ATFed?
>>
>>33585868
You know it's perfectly legal to have a properly registered silencer, right?
>>
>>33585191

Use a pillow as a baffle, place on exit wound so carpets aren't ruined, let dog get a taste for human flesh, problem solved
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.