[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

YankeeMarshal Issues A Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19

File: yankee.marshall.carry_.gun_.jpg (92KB, 410x229px) Image search: [Google]
yankee.marshall.carry_.gun_.jpg
92KB, 410x229px
Anyone here want to take him up on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOQKhUYDPos
>>
>>33581703
But he's (partially) right.

If you have roughly the same barrel length and you have good self defense .357 and good self defense 9mm the 9mm is outclassed.

However that goes from being an argument of engineering to a philosophical argument

Are six rounds of epic better than twelve or more of great?
Why not both? Or a revolver and a semi auto backup piece?
The argument is stupid and flimsy as it all falls back to the words "I feel safest" and that honestly can be smashed with the argument that simply having a gun is better than no gun at all, thus it winds up being a moot point to even do this...

Also, I'd do it but it would be more than a year off because of work, and problematic because I'd be biased (I also like revolvers)
>>
>>33581703
this stupid faggot douchebag needs to fucking die.
fuck this fucking douchebag
>>
>>33581815
So, we have a taker?
>>
i really hate these theoretical arguments
just filler shit so these dumb youtubers can meet their weekly quota of views from fuddlore-bible thumpers
>>
>>33581853
Did you watch the video? That's what he's trying to put an end too.
>>
>>33581703
>Betting that .357 outperforms 9mm

Wow, such a brave bet on his part.
>>
>>33581864
no, he's sparking a pointless debate for pageviews
he's doing no service to anyone
>>
File: viet_kong.jpg (4MB, 3488x5380px) Image search: [Google]
viet_kong.jpg
4MB, 3488x5380px
>>33581703
>doesn't define performance
he should have a metric for penetration, cavity
no one in their right mind thinks that 9mm does as much damage as a .357 but it has other advantages: low recoil, High capacity, price, semi auto.
>>
Both rounds, 9mm and .357, are ,38 caliber. The .357 is always loaded much hotter than 9mm, or even 9mm+p, or however many plusses it takes to blow up a Glock.

Antone who doesn't know that .357 mag is the more effective round is a complete fool and knows shit about handguns.
>>
>roll up with specially handloaded cartridges loaded to +p++ with custom tooled, tungsten core bullets
>use a custom, mark 23 levels of overbuilt pistol for the event so that it can handle the super hot 9mm
>kick yankee's ass
>toss his revolver into the garbage on the way out
>>
File: wut.png (48KB, 408x137px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
48KB, 408x137px
>betting the obvious
wew
What I'm willing to bet is him mocking the wound of the 9mm and its lack of destruction when they shoot at a feral hog.
>pic related
I don't see what this is all going to accomplish.
>>
File: crying faggot.jpg (12KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
crying faggot.jpg
12KB, 316x316px
>>33582081
>>
>>33581703
I think he needs to build up an immunity to 9mm by immunizing himself with two to the gut and one in the head.
>>
>>33581815
Anon he's a grown ass man
>>
>>33582169
you mean: "He's a grown ass-man"

And we already knew that, he's married to a dude after all.
>>
>>33581703
see >>33581887
>>33581772
not even slightly

There is no evidence to suggest that marginal velocity difference has any effect on terminal performance. The fact is that critical organ damage and blood loss are the primary causes of death by handguns. Once you get above about 0.4" expanded diameter you get pretty huge diminishing returns. Because you have to trade off magazine capacity for that larger wound you're losing a lot and gaining little.

Some people like to spout dumb memes like a bigger hole means more rapid blood loss. That's not really the case. Blood is lost mostly by circulation so a slightly bigger hole is not going to do shit, especially when the wound channels are about the same size.

All handgun cartridges suck pretty much equally. If you're not going a good 2500 FPS the additional velocity is not significant. There is simply no evidence to suggest that the additional velocity .357 Magnum offers has any effect other than reliable expansion at further distances, and that's about as irrelevant as it gets.
There is pretty solid background to show how much rimmed cartridges suck, though. Hint: Worst of All time
Revolvers: Significant loss of pressure at cylinder gap, unnecessarily complicated, inferior actions, inferior capacity, inferior reload time, inferior manual of arms.

pistol calibers over ~.40 when expanding ammunition is an option is dumb
carrying a revolver, an inherently inferior archetype, when anything centerfire is an option is dumb
making major sacrifices in order to make use of something no better than what you already have is dumb

Then again I handload 22LR for competition.
>>
>>33582081
He never says luger or parabellum in his vid so I'd just as soon show up with .50 BMG necked down to 9mm. Perform this.
>>
>>33581703
lol, I was robbing someone at knife-point last night and they shot me 3 times in the chest with only 9mm out of a 3 inch barrel. "What are you fucking stupid" I said, "9mm isn't even comparable to .357 as a self defense round. You should really check out some of YankeeMarshal on youtube so you can learn more about these things." I then proceeded to login to my youtube account on my iPhone 7 and using my wireless headphones I let them listen to a few of his video. They thanked me, and paid me for the help, no need to rob them anymore. I still stabbed them, just to drive home the point that 9mm was not a good self defense ammo. Wasn't letting them off that easy.
>>
File: 1196899205690.jpg (71KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1196899205690.jpg
71KB, 768x576px
>>33581815
none of the other youtubers want to collab with him which means he's a faggot
>>
>>33581703

Until caliber snobs take a 9mm round to prove that it isn't effective, I don't believe a word they say. They have to demonstrate it by being shot by a 9mm handgun and measuring the results. Until then it is all circle-jerking.
>>
File: 1278645465797.jpg (26KB, 471x355px) Image search: [Google]
1278645465797.jpg
26KB, 471x355px
>>33581703
"Well your round over penetrated every time, looks like mine performed better. Hand me my new free gun."
>>
>>33581703
If we extend this same argument to home defense then we must all use rifles for home defense, since they're more effective.

9mm and .357 are about the same size, one is just at a higher velocity. So is velocity king?

Everything should be high velocity.
>>
>>33582309
>Until caliber snobs take a 9mm round to prove that it isn't effective, I don't believe a word they say.

Would you take an .25acp n the gut to prove it's ineffective? How about a ,22 short?

Dumbass.
>>
>>33582478
So you agree, 9mm is effective.
>>
>>33582335
yankee doesn't believe in overpenetration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k72SMtlDJgE
>>
>>33582478

No, you dumb shit, I wouldn't. You just are proving my point for me, dumbass.
>>
Why are people so obsessed with straight up tissue damage? 9mm is "the best" because it combines capacity, relatively low recoil, relatively low flash, and generally good weight and concealability with a generally more than adequate amount of expansion and penetration.

With defensive situations being completely unpredictable, doesn't it make sense to get something that covers multiple bases relatively well, rather than going for full retard power? If you're carrying to defend against a specific type of threat it's worth specializing, but I'll go for 9mm because it's versatile.

"But anon, just learn to shoot and you can handle the 357 like a champ!". True, and I think I can. But if you can handle the 357 recoil, you should be able to handle 9mm better, no? "But anon, don't you want to go for overkill JUST IN CASE YOU NEED IT?". I guess, but what if I'm in an instance where I NEED more ammo? Why don't I get a reasonable performance level of more aspects of my carry ammo rather than putting all my eggs in the POWAH basket?

I dunno, again, I just think balance is best if you're unsure of what scenario you're going to face.

Also, Yankee barely seems to shoot, so fuck that guy.
>>
>>33582570
>Why are people so obsessed with straight up tissue damage?
Yankee Marshal is a literal gay-fag anon. He’s obsessed with penetration for pretty obvious reasons.
>>
File: Derp2.jpg (49KB, 547x331px) Image search: [Google]
Derp2.jpg
49KB, 547x331px
>>33582533
>>
>>33582291
I don't think hes a faggot, but I'd honestly say he's definitely got to be one of the most awkward and autistic firearms youtuber.
>>
File: neilsen-penis.jpg (40KB, 630x300px) Image search: [Google]
neilsen-penis.jpg
40KB, 630x300px
>>33581703
Biggest faggot on youtube since Samwise, stop shilling for this retarded fudgepacking clickbaiter.
>>
File: 9mm.jpg (16KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
9mm.jpg
16KB, 550x550px
He never mentioned that it had to be a handgun.
>>
>>33582570
Intermediate barrier penetration (specifically car windshields, specifically your own) is a fairly big concern. And small/light/fast rounds like 9x19 are fairly shit at it, even with the primo defensive loads (and significantly more shit at it with FMJ, especially roundnose FMJ). Yes, it wins on capacity and controllability, but CCW is all about gaming odds. And odds are EXCELLENT you won't need more than [a few, you determine what that means] shots because odds are EXCELLENT you won't be facing multiple determined armed assailants that don't immediately flee or surrender after you ventilate the first one.

Odds aren't great that you'll have to shoot through your own windshield, but they're higher than facing multiple determined armed assailants. And IF you have to shoot through your own windshield, odds are good that if you're carrying the "standard" 124gr +P JHP load, you'll get enough deflection you never touch your assailant even with a [high or "higher capacity than"] magazine.

With American adults spending an average of 21 hours a week in their vehicle, it's a fairly major concern. It's not a universal one (this is the >inb4 b-but I take public transit/walk everywhere/only drive a few minutes a day!), but it's close enough.
>>
File: fuckingcuckbitch.png (400KB, 556x317px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingcuckbitch.png
400KB, 556x317px
!!!YANKEE MARSHALL HAS A BEASTFORUM ACCOUNT!!!
>>
>>33581703

People watch this?
>>
>>33582734
FYI: Some posters aren't from the USA and are forced to watch it.
>>
>>33582734
Why not? 237 million people watched at least 1 whole episode of Honey Boo Boo. That should indicate the level of stupidity of the world in general.
>>
>>33581825
Hi yankee marshall! Nice shilling. I like the challenge you put out there, but next time don't be so obvious. 4chan don't approve.
>>
>>33582689
>odds are EXCELLENT you won't be facing multiple determined armed assailants

People always assume that people want more ammo for more targets. I think the majority of shooters GROSSLY overestimate their ability to put relatively easy shots on target under stress.

At USPSA/IPSC events, people tend to miss "easy" shots more often than you'd think with just the minor stress of a timer.

I practice a LOT, and I am honest enough with myself to know that there is absolutely no way I'm going to replicate the amount of stress I'd be under if I was in fear for my life. I like to think I'd perform as I'd practiced, but like I said, I've seen misses that I would've thought anyone could hit enough times to want the capacity.

The windshield thing I think speaks to specialization. For myself personally, I don't consider it a big deal due to the nature of my commute and areas I drive, but everyone works through the scenarios in their head differently.
>>
>>33582828
You have a point to a degree, and I'm not arguing for a 5 or 6 shot revolver compared to a 15+ shot 9mm semi. More intending to say that the barrier penetration gains from going to .40/10mm/.45acp or to a lesser extent even heavy .357sig outweigh the relatively minor hit to capacity in a similar sized semi.

My way of thinking, and what I've seen in practice running drills, is that if I can't hit something with the first 10 rounds I'm not going to hit it with the remaining rounds (whether that's 1, 2, 5, 10+) unless I change something (slow down, grab cover and catch my breath, change stance, etc). Things that simply aren't gonna happen in a real gunfight vs. a single attacker or a group of not-so-determined attackers (since you haven't actually hit any of them yet).

And yeah, it's somewhat situational. However for the majority of Americans it's the most likely single place they will have to draw their weapon because they spend a shitload of time there and it's a relatively difficult position to escape from.
>>
File: 357maximumand357magnum.png (2MB, 800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
357maximumand357magnum.png
2MB, 800x1578px
>>33581703
Being a bit of a cunt, I have already devised a way to beat him, and beat him without much effort.

So he was clear in his video he would be using a handgun chambered in .357 Magnum, and I need only bring something chambered in 9mm. But that would beg the question of WHAT 9mm?

There are plenty of 9mm cartridges that exist, and he has failed to specify that the competitor was to use 9x19mm. So this leads to an investigation into the most powerful 9mm pistol cartridge that can be found: the .357 Remington Maximum. If he thought his .357 Magnum was good, the .357 Maximum is a Super Magnum cartridge. It is still a 9mm cartridge, it has just reached the level of absolute absurdity for a (9mm) handgun cartridge.

Poor little baby will cry when his .357 Magnum is defeated by a Ruger Blackhawk throwing 180 grain projectiles at close to 2000fps with 2000J of energy.
>>
>>33582956
Or you could be extra cheeky and simply get a drop-in barrel for a G29 in 9x25 Dillon.
>subcompact autoloading pistol
>9mm round, even named 9mm and not just by a similarity in bore diameter
>both the case and COAL are shorter than .357mag
>produces higher velocities and higher ME than .357mag out of a much shorter barrel
So not only do you stay within the technicalities of the challenge but also the spirit of it.
>>
>>33581703
This fucking retard needs a clearing bucket in his house because he doesn't know how to unload a firearm safely. I don't care what he thinks.
>>
>>33583012
This is also a good option. He claims to be such an expert on cartridges, yet fails to do the most important thing when talking about cartridges... state the actual cartridge, just just a caliber.
>>
>>33582607
>I don't think hes a faggot
No, he's gay.
>>
>>33582683
Yes, he did
>>
>>33582771
Nope, not him. Sorry
>>
>>33582212
This, but be Australian.

>free $2000 plane ticket, thank you very much
>>
>>33581703
>hover mouse over link
>see "caliber cucks"
99.99% chance that whatever is in that video is stupid shit that isn't worth the time to watch or debate by anyone who has an IQ above room temperature.
>>
>>33582207
>hand loaf .22lr for competition
Fucking how?
Where did you get the machinery, the chemicals, etc?
It's a pain in the ass for a factory to tool up for it, much less a regular person?

And on that note, the greater velocity added to the equation (both 9mm and .357 are actually .38) means greater energy and therefore, even if minimal, greater hydrostatic shock. (Assuming energy is properly transferred; I haven't settled on a "test bullet" yet)

This means greater tissue and organ damage, as you mentioned in your post.

Thus, .357 would logically be a better "man stopper" (bullshit phrases for $200, Alex.) but is sadly limited by the factor of being a rimmed round.

This means revolvers, cylinder gap (a damn near meaningless problem now that it's not 1898) and thus Lowe capacity.

In the end, as In my original post, it comes down to preference?

Do I want a single large amount of tissue/organ liquification or a few smaller bits of organ/tissue liquification?
It's all owner preference, and therefore nobody can argue either way.

I like both.
As I said earlier, perhaps the solution to this debate is to carry one as a primary and the other as a backup.

Anyways, I doubt you even know what you're talking about due to your whole "bigger hole" comment as it's purely and completely bullshit and wrong because, as previously stated, they're exactly the same size.
>>
>>33583398
is he actually gay though?
>>
File: 1482861437674.jpg (118KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1482861437674.jpg
118KB, 572x303px
>>33581922
Couldn't a .357 semiauto have the same capacity as a 9mm of similar height?
>>
>>33581703
he is a faggot who lets men ram his gay asshole, why should we listen to what he says
>>
>>33584915
Sounds like he's an expert on penetration then
>>
>>33581772
I've seen videos of cops magdumping into bad guys with multiple AR-15's and the bad guy gets up and starts running away until one of the bullets connects with his heart or head. It doesn't matter if someone gets hit with 9mm, .32, .357 mag or any other handgun caliber. If it doesn't hit the central nervous system or heart, any bad guy of the proper mindset can and will just walk it off.

Pic related. It's literally no less effective than TYM's .357 mag revolver if the bullet doesn't connect with a vital.
>>
>>33581864
If he actually "put and end to" pointless caliber debates, then he'd be out of a job. You really must be new if you believe this.
>>
>>33582269
underrated. you put some work into that.
>>
>>33582607
I'm fairly certain that he's gay-married. Didn't he make a video addressing this at some point?
>>
>>33584651
Good luck getting rimmed cartridges to play nice in a straight double stack magazine.
>>
>>33581703

Look at the crazy eyes on this guy. Hoo boy.
>>
>>33581772
So...a semi-auto over a revolver is basically the perfect carry piece. To save space, you'd need the firing mechanism to be partially electronic.
>>
>>33584651
Not even remotely, no.
>rimmed round can't into reliable doublestack mags
>round so long they have to be at a steep enough angle to severely impact mag capacity in any through-the-grip "traditional format" pistol
The few that have been produced actually have lower capacity than .45acp and about the same as .50GI.
>>
>>33581703
Can I get the meat and potatoes?
>>
>>33582291
he literally is a faggot/pedo (same thing) with an adopted coon baby.
>>
>>33585673
>faggot/pedo (same thing)
Wow, really?
>>
>>33584618
Yes. That's why I said "He's gay"
>>
>>33581703
>taking a faggoty obese manchild seriously
>>
>>33586453
yep. he has a husband. total queer. hopefully we return to Christ and the government rounds these sick fuckers up.
>>
CLEARING

BUCKET
>>
>>33582756
None of the firearm-related channels that I know of restrict their videos to US. You are dumb.
>>
>>33581703
I ain't giving that fat manchild any views.
>>
>>33586475
>return to christ
>>
>>33586475
No, no. You misunderstand. I wasn't asking for conformation that he was gay, I already knew that. I was making fun of you for saying fags and pedos are the same thing.
>>
>caliber cuck
>hurr durr people only look at one aspect of their SD rounds!!!
>uses an old fud cartridge because only a single reason and refuses to accept others are good for more than just STAWPAN POWWAH
No, YM, you are the cuck.
>>
>>33581703
How many dicks has he sucked /k/? Is he \ourgay\?
>>
>>33587378
>pedo, fag, rapist, liar, Satanist, pedophile, commieshit, queer, tinkerbell, polesmoker, murderer, narcissist, insane person, manipulative, deceitful, hates God
>not synonyms
sure thing fag. you'll be in hell soon
>>
File: 1487960450825.jpg (11KB, 211x212px) Image search: [Google]
1487960450825.jpg
11KB, 211x212px
>>33586475
>Christfag
>>
>>33581874
I'm not a brain sciencer but I think that's his point
>>
>>33587450
Judge not lest ye be judged, brother.
>>
>>33582910
>More intending to say that the barrier penetration gains from going to .40/10mm/.45acp or to a lesser extent even heavy .357sig outweigh the relatively minor hit to capacity in a similar sized semi.
On which basis did you assume barrier penetration gains? ???
>>
>>33582517
I mean he isnt "wrong" i guess.
>>
>>33587450
They all may be bad, but they're all not the same.
>>
>>33588083
>Judge not, that ye be not judged.

>2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

>3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Good luck with your pre-school devotional tier church buddy.

>>33588719
All fags are pedos. That's the reality. Why do you think faggots fight so hard for access to children? Fag propaganda points them out specifically as trustworthy and great with kids.

Fuck them. They're pedos.
>>
>>33582956
Thats not even comparable, You can load .357 way hotter than you can 9mm, its physics
>>
>>33590158
whoops
>4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

>5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

fags are irredeemable and condemned to hell as God turned them over to their vial affection anyway. But fuck weak Christians and there "don't judge bro" horseshit from limp dick preachers.
>>
File: bear.jpg (63KB, 530x353px) Image search: [Google]
bear.jpg
63KB, 530x353px
>>33586500
>sarcasm went miles over your head
>>
Pretty sure the niggers that were shot in the Cincinnati night club were shot with 9mm. 16 shot with one dead. 9mm is pretty weak
>>
>using the word "cuck"
what a fag
>>
>>33581703
Isn't Yankee Marshal a faggot?
>>
File: ignoresodomiteorders.png (32KB, 512x510px) Image search: [Google]
ignoresodomiteorders.png
32KB, 512x510px
>>33586453
>>33586525
>>33587378
>>33587548
Found the samefaggin fag enabler.
>>
>>33592973
I thought he had a wife and two adopted autistic kids
>>
>>33582047
They're actually .355, and.357/,38 are the same. Functionally identical. You can ream your cylinder out and shoot 9mm with moonclips out of your revolver no problem.

It's also why the Phillips-Medusa 47 could shoot .357 and any 9mm auto cartridge.
>>
>>33581703
Ill take this fuck's challenge.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.