[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which magazines should I get for my SKS, Tapco or ProMag?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 10

File: 76809_ts[1].jpg (144KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
76809_ts[1].jpg
144KB, 1155x1155px
Which magazines should I get for my SKS, Tapco or ProMag?
>>
Steel promags are more aesthetic.
>>
rifle is fine
>>
>>33581338
Steel mags are heavy and i hear tepco mags are a bit more reliable. All are less reliable than the stock box and unless you do the bolt mod, you will not be able to quickly swap mags.
>>
File: file.png (188KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
188KB, 550x550px
>>33581338
Neither
>>
File: images(6).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
>magazines
There called clips anon. You are confusing clips and magazines.
Usually this conversation requires me to state the opposite, but you are a special sort of retard.
>>
>>33581544
Butthurt troll creating SKS threads.
>>
>>33581338

Neither, stick with the regular 10 round magazine. If you absolutely must get as many rounds as possible, try to find one of those neato 20 round fixed magazines with the star on it.
>>
bought a tapco for the fuck of it to use in my Chink
had to grind it to fit, still had feeding issues
gave it to my buddy with a Yugo, same deal

stick with the internal, if you really want a detachable mag you should have gotten a WASR in the first place
>>
>>33581527

If you're getting straight up milsurp then rifle is fine, but a lot of us got an SKS that someone had already fucked with.

>>33581602

OP here, I didn't know this was a thing. Can you give me more information?
>>
>>33581338
Doesn't matter if it works and you can kill it's alright.
>>
>>33581661
this
just buy a WASR
>>
>>33581338
Which is better, dog poop or cat poop?
>>
>>33581338
theyre both shit. keep it stock faggot
>>
>>33581338
ProMag teamed up with Archangel to make this thing. Expensive, but the lever is fucking nice, and the only other ways to get a lever mag release requires modification or is ugly as fucking sin.

Steel promags are jamomatics. Not entirely sure their normal line of polymer are really any better, seems like it's a dice roll that favors Type 56s or something.

I have Tapco 20rounders that work really well.
>>
File: levermag.jpg (8KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
levermag.jpg
8KB, 264x264px
>>33581642
Those jam even more than ProMags.

>>33581661
You know you're supposed to file the stock and even then, you shouldn't have to file much. Mine fit in my 56 after maybe ten seconds on either side with a nail file.

Why buy a WASR when it's twice the price and shittier in every way?

>>33585783
Pic got ate
>>
>>33584186
Unless you have Yugo, or preferrably BXN clips, keeping the SKS completely stock makes it a fucking hand-eviscerating nightmare to reload.
>>
very lightly internally oiled tapco-20s with de-burred/sanded followers.
>>
>>33585794
What?
The only thing that is even marginally annoying is topping off.
>Fire til it locks back
>Insert stripper clip
>Strip rounds into magazine
>Remove stripper clip
>Pull back charging handle

How in god's name would you hurt your hand doing that?
>>
>>33586749
Because most stripper clips are complete and total shit that rounds fall out of, cut the fuck out of your thumb, get rounds that get stuck etc. You know, shit that you would know if you actually owned an SKS and tried anything other than surplus clips. The rounds falling out or getting stuck and impeding loading are the biggest issues.

Why not just use a fucking magazine if you can?
>>
File: 1490672383956.jpg (552KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1490672383956.jpg
552KB, 1280x1920px
10 or 20 round box magazine
>>
File: nyet.jpg (143KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
nyet.jpg
143KB, 570x760px
>>33581338
>>
>>33588476
You must have a shit SKS then, My SKS internal mag feeds like butter, The tapco mags that i have expierence with are super unreliable, cant even get through a full mag without a ftf
>>
>>33589210
Nigger I'm talking about the stripper clips, the stock mag is fine.

It's sitting on a shelf, but it works great.

Dunno why your tapcos have issues, mine run flawlessly. Did you file the wood flush to the receiver?
>>
>>33588476
that is bullshit, new stripper clips can be a bitch but after a few reloads the bullets easy slip in.
>>
>>33588934
That's a very pretty SKS. I have a Yugo that I got tapco'd that I've been saving. Can't get the tapco off the gas tube; that pin is all mangled and stuck. It's not really pretty. Plus I lack an original 10rd mag.
>>
>>33588476
nigga are you fucking retarded? open up the magazine by pulling on the latch on the bottom, then drop 10 rounds in and close it, super easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c7ZTcNTC5s

based jerry reloads it that way, about 1 min into the video
>>
File: bait.gif (3MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3MB, 500x207px
Guys...
>>
File: SKSM.jpg (88KB, 879x659px) Image search: [Google]
SKSM.jpg
88KB, 879x659px
>not having a proper SKS-M.
>>
>>33581570
>not having SKS-D.
>with norinco drum mag.
>>
>>33581338
Tapco
>>
Why do u have a mag for an sks anyway?
>>
File: 1436149878051.jpg (55KB, 598x370px) Image search: [Google]
1436149878051.jpg
55KB, 598x370px
>>33593408
>>33593426
>Not knowing that SKS-M/Ds are literally Norinco factory nigger-rigged Bubba-tier shit.
>>
>>33593408
hmmm

Is that AK mag catch connected to the trigger housing? I see a screw running through the stock there that looks like it might be holding it.

More info pls
>>
>>33591106
this is the second best method IF you dont have stripper clips. Tried doing some drills today like that and i noticed it named more frequently. If you are in a situation where you have a few bullets you need to quickly reload i say this method is best. For a full reload a stripper clip is preferred
>>
>>33594166
i dont have to much info on the SKS-d/m variants other than they accept AK mags out the box. Are they more made shittier tier than say my Yugo sks?
>>
>>33594271
> Are they more made shittier tier than say my Yugo sks?
Yes.

Norinco commercial guns made for export run the gamut from "complete shit" to "fine." This is in contrast with ChiCom surplus Type-56s, which are generally some of the most solid SKSs you can get provided they haven't been beaten to shit (which is the condition you're most likely to run into one in 2017)
D/Ms are made-for-export Norinco guns put through the same exact reliability-ruining bullshit that Bubba does in his garage when he modifies an SKS to take AK mags. There is no military on the planet that fielded an SKS with those modifications, because they suck compared to fixed 10rd mags+strippers.
>>
>>33594166
>Not knowing that SKS-M/Ds are literally Norinco factory nigger-rigged Bubba-tier shit.
>never owned or shot one
shit posting is just pathetic anon.

>>33594211
>Is that AK mag catch connected to the trigger housing? I see a screw running through the stock there that looks like it might be holding it.
the screws on either side attaches it to the trigger house. There is another screw inside the mag well that holds the metal mag well.(to protect the wood.

>>33594271
They are pretty quality, Nornico in general is quality. They are in a way the apex of the SKS platform(simply because it has detachable magazine). Alot of fags hate on them because they are not surplus and that they are the actual fruit of capitalism.

>>33593426
this one has been slightly modified to take drum mags. The owner opened up the magwell.
>>
>>33594429
you are such a fucking queer, you do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

>There is no military on the planet that fielded an SKS with those modifications, because they suck compared to fixed 10rd mags+strippers.

no military has fielded them because they came out after pretty much every modern semi auto rifle was made and adopted. The SKS is an expensive gun to make compared to M16's, AK's, and G3/cetme designs and its an antiquated open top design.
>>
>>33586730

How the fuck do you oil a detached mag?
>>
>>33588476

The "magazines must remain stock" thing is a meme pushed by people who are Russaboos and believe strongly in Soviet spirit rather than realizing that guns are practical tools, or people who want a polished 100% authentic safe queen.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.