[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mystery gun identification?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 7788_1491694088314.jpg (676KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
7788_1491694088314.jpg
676KB, 2048x1536px
Hello /k/.
A co-worker of mine dug this up while building a garden. It was buried about a foot deep.

From what I can tell, it looks like it may have been a break action pistol of some kind, the hammer is too far back to be a revolver.
Any clue as to what it might be? Or how old it is? I know there isn't much to go on since there's no markings that survived the burial, but I thought I'd ask.
>>
>>33579741
it looks like an old cap gun that used the paper rolls of ...poppers/caps? if it were a break action the receiver would be much much thicker.
>>
time stamp whore
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
>>33579741
It looks like it might be an H&R top break revolver, but it's in far too bad of condition for me to really tell.
>>
>>33579783
This, I had a few when I was little
>>
>>33579783
This, it's a pop gun.
>>
>>33579741
Toy gun.
>>
>>33579741
it was buried for a reason. it's a murder weapon, call the police and turn it in
>>
>>33579741
It looks like a gun cocoon. With a wimpy revolver waiting to morph into a majestic semi automatic
>>
>>33579783
I had these kind of cap guns when I was a kid, back when a kid could play with toy guns without being called a nazi terrorist. It had the caps on a paper roll that wne ton the peg you see just above and to the left of the trigger, and just right of that the guides for the caps.
>>
>>33579783
>cap gun that used the paper rolls of ...poppers/caps

This. I pulled a broken one apart when I was a kid. It took paper rolls of caps and was made of some crappy cheesemaster pot metal.
>>
File: s-l225.jpg (10KB, 225x150px) Image search: [Google]
s-l225.jpg
10KB, 225x150px
>>33579783
I was thinking cap gun at first too, but the thing weighs almost 2 lbs, and doesn't seem to have enough room for the spindle/winder thing in it.

Also, I remember those old cap guns being made of super thin pot metal, this one is pretty solid.

I'll try to get more pics of it from my bud.
>>
>>33579918
>the thing weighs almost 2 lbs

Well, it has about a pound and a hilf of oxidation tubercles on it. It was made to look like a revolver, but it certainly isn't.

Cap gun is the only possible answer.
>>
>>33579823
Sell it on a police buy back.
>>
>>33579741
It literally has no bullet firing mechanism and I can see the cap spindle and mechanism. It is an old cap gun.
>>
i had a cap gun just like it
paper cap roll goes in the side
>>
>>33581867
Do this
>>
>>33579741
Don't listen to all these fudds, it's clearly a Glock 40.
>>
>>33579741
a little WD-40 and elbow grease and itll be back on the range in no time
>>
>>33579792
Waaaaay off.
>>
>>33583620
I wonder what problem it solved.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.