[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rather than do 59 missiles, why not do 2 missiles a day for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0673.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0673.png
1MB, 1334x750px
Rather than do 59 missiles, why not do 2 missiles a day for a month?
Seriously asking.
>>
When the first two missiles hit, it kind of gives away the general area you're targeting. It's like a clue.
>>
Because shock and awe tactics don't really work when it's routine enough that it's neither shocking nor awesome.
>>
>>33577737
>>33577751
But if the goal is just to makes the airfield unusable...
>>
>>33577768
2 conventionally armed Tomahawks aren't going to render an airfield unusable. They could take off from taxiways and use the given window to move to another airfield. The aim is to destroy both infrastructure and materiel.

It would be like raiding the home of a druglord one room per day and removing all police at night. Your target will just start playing Whack-a-Mole.
>>
Saturation strike, google it.

The idea is to overwhelm Air Defences with the amount of targets.
>>
>>33577768
You obliterate it quickly, before the enemy has time to move assets and begin construction of fortifications.

In this case, the airfield in question is still usable, but, vatnik shills aside, the fear of papa trump has been instilled, and they're gonna watch their step in the future. There's munitions specifically designed to destroy infrastructure like runways, and the fact that they weren't used gives me the impression that complete annihilation wasn't the goal.
>>
>>33577814
>There's munitions specifically designed to destroy infrastructure like runways

Assuming you're not bound by whatever the American equivalent of the OSA is, could you name them? I fully understand if you're notm there's topics discussed on here that I'd love to discuss at length but am forbidden from because of my job.
>>
>>33577838
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matra_Durandal
>>
>>33577859
Thanks. I was expecting something that chemically/thermally attacks the tarmac.
>>
File: 1464826322452.jpg (101KB, 378x434px) Image search: [Google]
1464826322452.jpg
101KB, 378x434px
What about 59 separate targets across Syria?
>>
>>33577720
Because that doesn't achieve the desired effect. It's idiotic to think that it could.
>>
>>33577859
it's a bunker buster for runways, neato
>>
>>33577891
this was actually one of the opyuons, but TRUMP and Mattis decided just bombing the one airfield where the bomber originated was a more clear message about the chemical weapons being used, and a better signal to russia to reign in Assad
>>
>>33577720
Shock and awe. Applying maximum firepower to a single target in a short amount of time sends a greater psychological impact.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.