[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AK and SKS question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

I am planning on buying an SKS and an AK (And a T33 Tokarev) sometime soon, and I have a question on manufacture quality.
What is a decent manufacture of AK variant? I have seen NPAP rifles for like $600 or so on some websites, and some say Yugo, some say Serbian, etc. I know that Century Arms is not well regarded in any case, so that one isn't really among my options.
What is a decent SKS variant?
Classic Firearms has some Serbian Police turn ins in good condition for pretty cheap.
I want to start expanding my collection a bit. Any help or advice is appreciated. Pic not what I"m considering buying. It's only for reference/attention.
>>
>>33577594
OP here...also, what is the reputation of I.O. AKs? Are they of any decent reputation?
>>
>>33577614
absolute fucking shit where its a miracle they are still in business.
the only reason they dont have a 100% failure rate is the poorfags who buy them cant afford enough ammo to make them break. the gun sits there with 100 rounds though it and a satisfied owner.
>>
>>33577732
Noted. What about a Yugo M70 NPAP? There is one for sale on Classic firearms for $650
>>
>>33577753
Those are fine. Stick to /akg/ next time, though.
>>
How is $425 for a russian SKS?
All matching numbers, including the stock. Bayonet is not blued.
>>
I'd try to buy a VEPR, Saiga, or Arsenal for your AK. WASRs are also acceptable.
>>
>>33577594
Yugo PAPs are not century made, just imported. They are built in the same plant as their military counterparts. $650 for an NPAP in today's market is fair, but if it's an OPAP(built on an RPK receiver) it's a great deal. I haven't seen an OPAP up for sale in a while now

Pic related, see the bulge under the bolt carrier
>>
File: IMG_2450.jpg (46KB, 550x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2450.jpg
46KB, 550x239px
>>33578021
>>33577594
son of a bitch
>>
>>33577594
>to complete the must-haves in 762x39
>an arsenal slr-107, russian sks, and czech vz58
You could substitute the sks with a chinese pretty easily though, but russian will look best with the blade bayonet.
>>
>>33577897
In the us? Great
In leafland? Terribad
>>
>>33578086
In the US, yes.
Only problem is I can't tell for sure if bubba got to it with sandpaper and minwax stain. It's sort of reddish a little bit kinda, but it doesn't really have that deep dark red color that most russians have.
>>
>>33577614
Head to the AK general. They have a pastebin with a condensed guide of what kind of AK you should buy
>>
>>33578104
even if the stock was refinished that is still a great price.

If the wood was cut ... nope.
>>
File: IO KWALITEE.webm (647KB, 200x360px) Image search: [Google]
IO KWALITEE.webm
647KB, 200x360px
>>33577614
>obligatory
>>
>>33579115
It's all there. I think I'll go back monday and pick it up.
>>
>>33579140
is that a pin that holds the trunnion in the receiver
>>
>>33579140

Sweet! Quick change barrels on an AK.
>>
>>33579202
that's the barrel pin
>>
>>33579140
I've been firing my 74 without that pin for like 3 years
it's in there tight
>>
File: 1377228625979.gif (828KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1377228625979.gif
828KB, 200x189px
>>33579436
>I've been firing my 74 without that pin for like 3 years

pics or gtfo
>>
>>33579140
>Quick detach barrel
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.