[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LSWs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: m27_1-630x320.jpg (64KB, 630x320px) Image search: [Google]
m27_1-630x320.jpg
64KB, 630x320px
When will militaries and branches realize LSWs like the HK M27 and RPK will never fill their role? Also wouldn't the Shrike kit beat an M27 since it's belt feed and doesn't have to rely on misfeeding and breaking of Beta C mags.
>>
Automatic rifles aren't LMGs, so the SAW isn't going anywhere. The Marines have more SAWs in inventory right now than before they adopted the IAR.
>>
What is the LSAT going to start being fielded?
>>
>>33577561
Because not being belt field is the whole point of an IAR you stupid fuck
>>
>>33577734
*fed, fuck you
>>
>>33577561
Oh please, we all know the marines are just sneaking in a new rifle under the guise of an MG.
>>
>>33577734
Okay, so you want a 30 round mag to suppress enemies. Plus with a 100 round mags have fun getting popped primers in your eyes
>>
>>33577779
you suppress in short bursts
>>
The entire role of these rifles is idiotic. Automatic rifles fed from small box magazines stopped being practical by the mid 50s, and drums are terrible jammy pieces of shit. Let this garbage concept die.
>>
>>33577970
Just for clarification, by "automatic rifle" I mean a fully automatic rifle meant for suppressing fire.
>>
>>33577561
M27 and RPK fit the DMR role

they are not suitable for LMG role
>>
>>33577561
The Brits learned the hard way with the L86.
>>
>>33578026

We tried it out, found that 30 round mags for LSWs just wasn't enough and got Minimis instead.

Thankfully, the L86 functions as a pretty good DMR. So in the end while they weren't for their role, they weapons didn't get wasted.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.