[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey K! I live in one of the most unfriendly gun areas in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: ariz_border_militia_group_photo2.jpg (493KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ariz_border_militia_group_photo2.jpg
493KB, 1800x1000px
Hey K! I live in one of the most unfriendly gun areas in the US (northern NJ). I have a moderate amount of firearms training and was looking to expand out to joining a militia. The problem is most militias are either extreme right wing groups or extreme left communist groups. Im looking to join a group that supports the community and trains for disaster relief. The only political stance im willing to take with a group is being pro 2A. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>33576691
>most militias are either extreme right wing groups or extreme left communist groups.
Well, since you are an enlightened centrist I'd suggest picking a side, or just joining your local volunteer firefighter department, and finding some range buddies separately. You'll learn all your S&R shit in your local fire-department plus for a few nights a week you can rescue cats, and put out stove fires.
Political """extremism""" and militias go hand in hand.
>>
>>33576691
National Guard, anything else is an FBI, ATF,LMNOP honey pot.
>>
>>33576831
Thought about becoming a first responder, its just defeats the purpose of looking for tactical firearms related training

As for the National Gaurd, They are not really a militia group they are secondary army reserve imo since they can be drafted over seas.
>>
>>33576691
I know that feel. I'd enjoy being in a militia but they're always so radical in one direction or another. I want a group that's mostly skill oriented, training at shooting, tactics, radio, combat medicine, and going /out/. Basically adult Boy Scouts sans the religion and traditional shit and with a shit ton of guns. Maybe slightly sufficiency/prepping related but not really political other than pro 2A
>>
>>33577146
Exactly what im looking for. Almost considering starting up my own group but then you risk the FBI labeling you as some sort of anti government terrorist.
>>
>>33576691
Fellow NJ fag here. Don't join a militia in NJ. It isn't too long that Crispy Creme is going to finish his second term and things are not looking good for a republican government coming in after him.

If you want to have a community support organization, form one yourself with your neighbors. Once you have them comfortable with the ideas of general preping, plan a day a "bonding exercise" or "team building exercise" at a gun range. Slowly introduce the idea to them of guns as a part of preping.
>>
>>33577170
Come on up to Maine, people here love guns and are less scared of preppers and militias. What the hell is a /k/omrade doing in NJ anyway
>>
>>33577205
Born here, work here, probable going to die here

Everything is expensive and illegal, but i cant help being addicted to gun life
>>
>>33576691
There are plenty of DoD contractors in NJ
Become a security contractor and go to the trainings
>>
>>33576691
Look up CERT training in your area - these are free (funded by FEMA) disaster/emergency response classes, open to the public. It sounds like exactly what you're looking for. Once you've finished the training, you'll be able to volunteer for your community's CERT team. Just as an example, here's the homepage for Fair Lawn's CERT team (a similar one, I'm sure, exists for your town): http://www.fairlawn.org/content/205/563/565.aspx

It sounds like just what you've been looking for.
>>
>>33577185
Whats the public perception of Crispy Creme in Jersey?

As for militias, I wish there was just a network of like minded veterans or outdoorsman/hunters that could be raised at a moments notice
>>
>>33577280
Sorry for double "looks like what you've been looking for" sentiments there - the mail came while I was writing the post, and I got distracted opening up my envelope from NEET Patch Guy.
>>
>>33577244
or move across the river to PA: way chiller gun laws, closeby to your family/friends, lots of innawoods areas, cheaper cost of living, get fancier gats...
>>
>>33577293
NJ politics is insanely corrupt for a state that's so heavily suburban and middle class. I can't think of a single NJ politician (except for maybe Tom Kean) who wasn't a grifting shitbag. As grifting shitbags go, though, Christie's probably one of the least bad of them. I mean, at least he's no Flimflam Florio.
>>
File: Angry Pepe.png (341KB, 455x692px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Pepe.png
341KB, 455x692px
>>33577306
Even the way you guys talk on the internet sounds like something out of a mob movie

I used to know a guy from Jersey and he said there was still some rural parts in the state
>>
File: smile.jpg (5KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
5KB, 226x223px
>>33577205
>What the hell is a /k/omrade doing in NJ anyway
Canadian here... waiting on immigration paperwork but I feel his pain behind behind enemy lines....
>>
>>33577280
I joined the Hoboken CERT team when I was in college to put something on my resume. It was a fucking joke. We were only used to give tourists directions during street festivals.
>>
>>33577452
All of northwest and far south jersey is rural.
>>
>>33577578
>I joined the Hoboken CERT team when I was in college to put something on my resume. It was a fucking joke. We were only used to give tourists directions during street festivals.
Your mileage may vary. I know people who've done it and were happy with it. If nothing else, well, free training, right?
>>
It's for not you, you fence sitting Reddit pussy.

You've even witnessed what statism is like in NJ and you're still not a "extreme right winger" you're hopeless.

>>33577146
Check above weanie.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.