[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ , is this nade active? How dangerous is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: vlcsnap-error859.png (2MB, 1344x763px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error859.png
2MB, 1344x763px
Hey /k/ , is this nade active?
How dangerous is it?
>>
>>33576577

Put it in the microwave. That will deactivate the explosive .
>>
give us a time stamp and then chuck it in a microwave
>>
>>33576577
Probably been inert for ages. Put it in a microwave and find out.
>>
>>33576577
>>33576577
yes

quite
>>
>>33576590
I left it in the woods, first I want to know the risk. I found it in a pile of at least 3. Didn't dig out the others.
>>
>>33576617
were you live? is the area you in likely to have UXO?
>>
>>33576642
In ww2 area. There are tons of UXO here, I went metal detecting and found these nades along with a bucket full of ammo.
>>
>>33576660
shit nigger, you want to lose a hand?
depending on filling it could be safe or MUCH more unstable
>>
>>33576577
Probably still is dangerous. I recently had a mine field drift into my yard after flooding. I had to use other explosives to get rid of them after the military was going to charge me to come out and clear it. If you can get your local PD to come and look at it then that's your best idea, otherwise buy a couple grenades and stand back.
>>
>>33576679
How do I know what the filling is?

I did't check whether there was a screw on the bottom
>>
Old explosives become more unstable with time, not less. There's a reason the army arrives and evacuate the whole neighborhood even for ww1 shells. While a grenade from ww2 is not going to explode with a bigger bang than when it was new, the splinters can still rip a nice hole through your body if you should do something inane like shoot at them with a pistol. If you found 3 of them in a cluster like that, the rest of the crateful could be right under the earth you stand on while 'carefully' inspecting them.
>>
>>33576699
you dont. dont risk it
>>
>>33576702
>There's a reason the army arrives and evacuate the whole neighborhood even for ww1 shells.

kek in what kind of pussy country do you live? in Ieper the police just throws the obus in the back of a truck and drives off.
>>
>>33576699
Just dont touch on it.

Call the Police to them remove it.
>>
>>33576711
the fuck are you? iraq?
>>
>>33576719
>Ieper
Belgium
>>
>>33576711
>>33576719
ignore my retardation.
i guess its due to the fact that you guys get a shit ton of UXO. you guys call it the iorn harvest, right?
>>
>>33576719
>doesn't know about bomb removals in all parts of Europe where bombs were dropped in WWI and WWII
Take a look, it's in a book.
>>
>>33576577
It's not active, these cocksuckers don't know how an actual grenade works.

t. actual commando
>>
>>33576697
Too bad you didnt splode you worthless piece of shit
>>
>>33576588
>>33576590
Microwave doesn't do anything
That was the first thung the kid that blew his toilet and half his house up did
>>
>>33576737
see >>33576735
mainly the top part
>>
>>33576699

Generally I just bite into them. Sometimes it's cream, sometimes it's jelly. I like the surprise, personally.
>>
>>33576735
Yep. I myself found a 50Kg bomb. I also posted it on here, people thought I died lol.

NOPE! still here, still finding dangerous shit.
>>
>>33576743
Because I'm careful and also not a retard.
>>
The pic shows a grenade that might be a Mark 2. The latter models were filled with TNT. Fresh TNT is basically nitroglyserine mixed with an earthlike substance and is incredibly safe in itself - you can throw it into a fire, jump up and down on it and so it. Used in vast quantities both miliary and for civilian purposes.

But as TNT ages, the nitroglyserine starts crystallizing. You can see it on old dynamite, like ice rivulet forming on the surface. THAT shit is lethal and a hammer blow or even a random kick can make it go boom.
>>
I remember in belgium seeing piles of shells lined up next to hedgerows. The farmers stack them there and a guy comes round to get them every do often, they dig them up all the time.
>>
>>33576778
nice, in a scary, blow you to bits way. what do you do with it all?
>>
>>33576782
You are thinking of dynamite. Not TNT. TNT is a single type of molecule, tri-nitro toluene.
>>
Nice OP, I had used to have this huge auto cannon round, Not sure on the caliber it was probably 12-13 inches tall, but my dad made be hand it in to the police
>>
>>33576813
this. can TNT degrade chemicly?
>>
>>33576779
Youre pretty fucking retarded id say due to the fact you didnt even understand that post

Fuck you.
>>
>>33576837
I understood that post 100% kiddo. I specifically didn't blow myself up because I'm not an idiot, all your wishing and fantasizing can't change this.
>>
Random question, how much would these sell at on a black market?
>>
>>33576861
nothing. it wont work or would explode in your hand
>>
Two options
>call bomb squad, never see grenades again but also definitely not die
or
>very very carefully bring them to some place that's not inside your house but is still secure like a shed or something, and have some grenades to throw on Independence Day or for home defense or something, you'll probably blow yourself up though
>>
>>33576861
Depends on the country. In the balkans you can get newer ones for around $40-70 USD for half dozen.
>>
>>33576861
Seeing as he walked out into a random field with a shovel and found three with minimal effort, and they are from wwii so they might explode at a small drop or be duds filled with dirt, they can't be worth much at all.
>>
>>33576887
>he
>with minimal effort
It took me years of metaldetecting to find my first handnade.
>>
>>33576898
Time spent is not the same as effort. The act of metal detecting and digging a hole is so easy that anyone can do it.
>>
>>33576697
why waste explosives when you could run them over like you did with those poor swedes
>>
>>33576737
>Reading raaaaainboooooow
>I will now be humming this all day
>>
>>33576845
Keep telling yourself that you faggot, kys
>>
File: 2017-04-08 16.57.01.jpg (812KB, 1594x897px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-08 16.57.01.jpg
812KB, 1594x897px
Does this make it clearer?
>>
>>33576922
Why dirty a clean truck?
>>33576933
I'm so sorry about your feefees.
>>
>>33576779
I know something that's retarded.
>>
>>33576697
Should have stepped on one.
>>
>>33576945
Kys faggot
>>
>>33576738
>It's not active, these cocksuckers don't know how an actual grenade works.t. actual commando

Look genius you can't see if it is fused or the state of the springs you can see that the retaining pin is rusted to fuck.

Sure there is a fair chance it is gone but a small chance it will fuck him up

so stop being a larping wanker. Barium nitrate and TNT is the explosive in British ww2 grenades.

That one looks like an American Mk 2 some of them are filled with flaked tnt and some have black powder uses, neither of which go off readily with time although TNT may become if anything more unstable

So fuck off and die you cunt instead of encouraging this kid to

t. ex reserve EOD
>>
>>33576968
That's what we use white people for.
>>
>>33576813
>You are thinking of dynamite. Not TNT. TNT is a single type of molecule, tri-nitro toluene.

ww2 vintage mil tnt was designed to be more stable so it would not sweat but when something is this old you are just tossing a coin. You have no idea how much heat it has been exposed to or what state the fuse is in.

Plenty of similar stuff is quite capable of still going bang.
>>
>>33577016
TNT wont sweat. thats what he is saying
>>
>>33577016
>You have no idea how much heat it has been exposed to
well, it's been lying underground in a wood. I guess it can't have been too much heat
>>
>>33576980
>reservist
There's your problem. It's not active, faggot.
>>
File: mk2.jpg (24KB, 300x286px) Image search: [Google]
mk2.jpg
24KB, 300x286px
>>33577035
>TNT wont sweat. thats what he is saying

Some old stuff using in mining/blasting will. It is not cut and dried. The mil stuff in ww2 was composed not to ideally but that is just a fucking hazard. You have no idea what state the internals are in or what happened to it just priot to being left there.

e,g As far as you know there is an old box mine another 6 inches under it and it is part of a booby trap, you can't even see if it has a fuse fitted in that pic
>>
File: 1439135736258.png (398KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1439135736258.png
398KB, 480x600px
>>33576834
Yes TNT can degrade. That's the reason they switched to comp B and later RDX based fillers.
I always feel a need to issue a warning in threads like this and especially in the retarded "lol here's how to make organic perchlorates at home" threads.
Don't Fuck around with explosives, in my younger days I had an experience that truly cemented this in my mind.
Picture a nice sunny summer day around the forth of July, two young men shooting off mortars and having a blast. Young man number one goes to drop a particularly loud and large mortar into the tube while he lights the half meter safety fuse. Apparently that fuse was defective and with several inches left guy number one's hand turns into shredded meat and shattered bones while guy number two standing a few feet away receives a healthy application of bone and sinew shrapnel to his face and chest.
A defective commercial firework can cause a whole lot of pain and suffering, messing with UXO can put you in the ground. Be safe and use common sense guys.
>>
>>33577093
Dynamite sweats. It's the nitroglycerin slowly dripping out of the kieselguhr.
Military explosives like TNT do not sweat.
>>
>>33577108
thanks for the info and the warning.
>>
>>33577139
He's right ad let the cops know don't leave it there for some kid to find. The whole area may need clearing depending on what is there.

A couple of people a year die in Europe from found old explosive ordinance.
>>
>>33577108
So were you guy number 1 or 2?
>>
>>33577053
>>reservistThere's your problem. It's not active, faggot.

The only faggot here is you encouraging kids to fuck with UXO because your larping ego places no limit on your bullshit. Ordinance that old that is fused is a fucking hazard period. All it takes is a tap on the detonator which is in fuck knows what state of instability and there is plenty of rusty metal there to do that.
>>
>>33576945
why not just cut out the middle man and run over the mines yourself
>>
>>33577233
is EOD as pants shiting as i imagine?
>>
>>33577201
Guy number 2.
My ears still ring almost every night.
Imagine how guy number one feels.
>>
>>33576762
I like you
>>
>>33577233
>encouraging kids
how old do you think I am?
>>
>>33577275
>is EOD as pants shiting as i imagine?

Depends. I found time clearing in bosnia and Croatia occasionally bad as the locals did the leg work and we only got stuck with the bad stuff that was lodged in e.g hospital basements. After three months of that only ever was called out to help get rid of pipe bombs and similar shit that the cops called us for. I nearly got sent to ISAF in afghan but managed to worm out of it.

Don't fuck with UXO.

Not worth it
>>
>>33577321
storys, if you don't mind?
and i dont plan to dick around with UXO.
>>
>>33577337
>storys, if you don't mind?and i dont plan to dick around with UXO.

Lots of scumbags kids missing fingers on Halloween night making crap of the internet and people doing abysmal shit to doggers.
>>
>>33576943
Do I see mushrooms?
Did someone die over those grenades?
>>
>>33577362
i meant your EOD work. unless that was your EOD work, in which case is my bad
>>
>>33577363
I saw muchrooms in the area, don't recall seeing them on the nades. That being said, people died there. definitely yes.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.