[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How big is the difference having a carbine gas tube in a 16"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How big is the difference having a carbine gas tube in a 16" AR barrel vs mid length? Ruger is selling a fully built AR at 475 but it's carbine length.
>>
Noticeable.

Get a middy from a better manufacture.

If you don't care, get the ruger.
>>
>>33575664

This.

A midlength shoots noticeably smoother and doesn't look retarded.
>>
>>33575664
I'm considering building my own, but people are saying with prices where they are it's getting harder to beat factory
>>
>>33575695

You can get a PSA (not PTAC) kit for $379 right now and it will be at least as good as any of the bottom of the barrel factory ARs.
>>
>>33575618
Unless you shoot them side by side, the difference is negliagble.
$475 is a great deal for a complete factory ar, as long as its mot radical firearms
>>
BUMP for more opinions
>>
The rugers go on sale for $450 now.
>>
>>33575664
not noticeable unless compared side by side with a focus on finding the difference
i guarantee you that most people could not tell the difference if the gas block was covered by a full length rail and the rest of the gun was set up the same.
they would shoot a mag and be yep thats an ar.
not that ones the carbine and thats the middy with any real accuracy.
>>
>>33575748
A complete Radical Firearms AR ain't worth $300. I know this.

I'd rather have one of those ATI Omni Hybrid polymer AR's all day long.
>>
I would normally say there is no reason nor excuse to ever do a 16" carbine, but considering prices these days its probably worth it
Depending on price you could switch out the barrel and tube later and still be better off

That said, if you ever plan in changing out parts, build it from the start
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.