[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tfw the "bug out" meme is finally dying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

>Tfw the "bug out" meme is finally dying
>>
>>33574864
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>33574864
it was until you brought it up
>>
>>33574864
The meme is dying but people still do it
>>
>>33574920
Positive
More and more prepper types are realizing that abandoning you homes to live like a refugee is retarded.
>>33574945
Nice shitpost
>>33574951
Of course, hence why I said dying not dead. Over the next few years fewer people will fall for the bug out bag meme
>>
>>33574864

Dont ruin this, I just picked up 2 NBC masks with filters for 59 USD.
>>
>>33574864
>>33574920
>>33574945
>>33574951
>>33574968
>>33574986
Everyone can go home now, preparing is a dead meme. It has nothing to do with people realizeing that talking about it makes them a target.
>>
File: 0044 - qMsf6NI.jpg (112KB, 767x559px) Image search: [Google]
0044 - qMsf6NI.jpg
112KB, 767x559px
>>33575109

Good luck finding me fucko.
>>
>>33574864

not if you're a boomer.
>>
>>33574864
Bugging out is stupid. I live in a nice 2 bedroom apartment on the third floor with nice sight lines and close access to the ocean. I'll just bug in, covert one of the bedrooms into a storage/reloading room and turn my balcony into a hanging garden. Then I'll just round up some of my neighbors and go fishing.

That's what we did for katrina and it worked out pretty well. Sure we had no power, and we had to boil our water. But that's what solar lights are for, and water jugs and powerade is cheap as hell at walmart.
>>
>>33574864
Yes it is and it was always stupid.
>>
>>33575121
Wyoming
>>
>>33574968
I disagree. If something major happens, it is most likely you will have to leave.
>>
File: hudsonaliens.jpg (39KB, 635x346px) Image search: [Google]
hudsonaliens.jpg
39KB, 635x346px
>>33574864
>all I can think about anytime someone says "bug"
>>
>>33574864
It was until the recent "Happening" cock tease the Syrian situation just gave everyone. You better believe there will be a new surge of preppers and bug outers.

To be honest i'd rather punch my own ticket early than live in a post WW3/apoc Earth.
>>
>>33575218
Good luck finding anybody in wyoming
>>
>>33575476
I found you.
>>
>>33574864
Is it not good for things like natural disasters or accidentally pissing off the Russian mafia?
>>
>>33574864

"Bugging in" and "bugging out" each have their disadvantages. In the military usage of the term it's not even a really deliberate attempt to leave, but a forced, last ditch effort with minimal gear to GTFO. Making that your prime plan already shows lack of understanding and planning.

The advantage of staying inside during some emergency is obvious, if you are somewhat prepared you have all your things and familiar environment on hand. It's severely depending on your living situation, neighborhood, etc. how safe that can be though. A high rise condo in some ghetto suburb in earthquake country would not count as "safe" in my book.

The disadvantage is that you can't remain hidden in there. You have to defend any urban location and if someone studied the past centuries of warfare, he surely learned that static defense is suicide. Remaining pinned to your apartment and hoping everything will just pass over will not work in many cases. Anyone with some form of capable weaponry can fuck your shit up, even from great distances. Cutting gas, water, electricity, setting fire to the building, taking pot shots at you or RPGs, mortars and worse, booby-trapping your building, ambushing anyone who tries to leave... oh there's a lot of shit that can happen to you in such a situation. Let alone gangs of robbers cruising around looking for places to loot and go apeshit on people.

On the other hand, the idea of leaving your home isn't perfect either. In the best case scenario you planned ahead and have multiple presumably safe locations with friends and relatives all over the country which you move to if SHTF. A cabin in the woods if all else fails. Light but sufficient bug out luggage, a lot of caches between you and your target and on the road it goes is not the worst decision. In most cases, when choosing this route you will be forced to do so anyways.

The disadvantage obviously is that you have to leave all your possessions behind and give up what they provide.
>>
>>33575650
post proofs.
>>
File: 1490936775238.jpg (56KB, 490x746px) Image search: [Google]
1490936775238.jpg
56KB, 490x746px
>>33575299
if you are under 50, and dont have a wife and kids you should never bug out, but stay and defend your homeland you coward
>>
>>33576103
>domestic emergency
>the right weaponry or RPGs
Nigga what are you smoking? The things that will drive people out of their homes are fires, floods, earthquakes, and landslides. Not roving packs of norks/chinks/russians/ayys/niggers with military explosives or hmgs.
>>
>>33575183
>3rd floor
So I just set fire to the first floor and shoot you on your way out?
Apartments are death traps during legit happenings.
>>
File: e56_0.jpg (47KB, 689x602px) Image search: [Google]
e56_0.jpg
47KB, 689x602px
>>33576385
>implying I wouldn't jump off my balcony headfirst at you, firing wildy, loudly singing the intro to Mr belvedere.
>>
>>33574864
My bug out plan is vague but if anything it makes me feel better,

Shit starts to hit the fan, head North into the wilderness to where my hunting cabin is, have enough supplies to last 3 months, hopefully in that time i can provide enough food to stay alive. Im in Canada so there is already limited populaton distribution
>>
>>33576356
>implying
>>
>>33576356

Biker gangs and your fellow hood rat have been known to own and use such weaponry. If you look at Yugoslawia an ethnic conflict in urban territory leads to buildings being damaged in such ways.
>>
>>33576264
Who said I was leaving nigger?
>>
>>33576441
Be ready to fight to get your cabin.
>be my uncle
>fires in my mountain home drives hundreds out of their home
>pack stuff and move on to hunting cabin 100 miles away
>pull up to dirt road where the cabin is at
>gate/fence is open
>another fleeing family took over his cabin
>argument ensues
>rifles came out
>uncle let's them stay a night but have to leave the next day
>>
>>33576264
It almost came to that once already. But I decided my family was more important than my stand on family land. You don't know shit boy.
>>
>>33575304
F
>>
>>33576572
>hood rats
>having anything other than $100 problem solvers and the odd semi Century ak
Also
>biker gangs
>at all relevant past the 80s
Also
>40 year old slavic conflict
>at all relevant to anybody with internet access
Toppest of keks
>>
>>33574864
The fantasy of being a Battle Royale Survivor is stupid but it's not a bad to be prepper

Seeing how the mainstream media has done a hit job on YouTube I can totally see how that doomsday prepper show was basically trying to find the weirdest and craziest doomsday preppers to discredit the concept and make all preppers look bad.

Just last week the power went out for three days in my neighborhood and everyone on the block was wondering why I still had lights.

Answer is that I had a outdoor generator shed and had it hooked up to the house.
I'm not saying you need to go full Mormon like Nutn Fancy but every American despite their political leanings should have at least two fire arms a large tool kit or bench & chest drawer to have the typical tools every home owner should have which also encompasses survival tools a month or two supply of water and canned food and other home supplies and have a shelve of SHTF camping gear and a bug out bag in case of a fire driving you out of your house.
>>
>>33574864
Bugging out was always dumb. Having emergency supplies at your house was always a better idea
>>
>>33575460
My only concern is the real implications of atomic weapons being used causing our DNA to be damaged by DNA...if that happens, even if I get to live ten years after surviving a nuclear blast, I wouldn't be able to breed healthy offspring.

That's the only time to kill yourself or go full War Boy.

If the world ends by "green eco friendly means" like old fashioned explosives...then honestly you should just tough it out and survive.
>>
>>33576385

>Im going to make what is probably the most visible "I'M A BAD GUY!" move possible in a situation where people are actually paying attention
>In addition to the guy(s) on the third floor, the ones on the second floor, the ones on the first floor, and all the ones next to the building with the three floors, are now going to be fucking mad as shit.
>At the end, even if i succeed, I won't get anything useful after the fighting stops. I burned it all.

A retard is you, and you're gonna get people as a whole real sick of your shit pretty fast. I guess you want a burning tire around your neck or something I dunno.
>>
>>33577297
>>33576572

utterly BTFO
>>
>>33574986
You should have gotten civ respirators. Better protection, better fit, more options.

But at least you assigned a dollar value to the continued functioning of your lungs.
>>
>>33577297
Not him, but in California, a US Senator...A SENATOR; was caught selling RPG's to Chinese Street Gangs in LA

So yeah military gear is hidden around our blue cuck state despite the magazine bans and on top of that, there are quite a few guard armories in ghetto neighborhoods that will easily be looted.

That and making semi junk made rockets is not that unfeasible. Rednecks from the bayou and Syrian rebels have put stabilizing fins on propane tanks strapped with other explosives and shrapnel on makeshift launch sleds on technicals.
>>
>>33575183
Fire starts on the first floor. Now you're a refugee.
>>
>>33577513
This.

Bugging out is still on the table during a disaster, it's just a last desperate measure that you should be prepared for.
>>
>>33577508
>US Senator...A SENATOR; was caught selling RPG's to Chinese Street Gangs in LA

Wrong. Leland Yee was a state senator, not US. Nor was he selling to street gangs.

Here. Link with all of the details that you got wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/25/ex-calif-state-sen-leeland-yee-gun-control-champion-heading-to-prison-for-weapons-trafficking/
>>
>>33577620
Your link is broken.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/25/ex-calif-state-sen-leeland-yee-gun-control-champion-heading-to-prison-for-weapons-trafficking/
>>
>>33575218

cold
>>
>>33577626
Fuck. Try this one.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-yee-sentence-20160223-story,amp.html
>>
>>33577438
The radiation would last weeks for beta, remember beta is no ones friend. But surviving it is easy(ish).

Food, cannot become contaminated by radiation. Washing food covered in fallout is fine.

Water can, when mixed with radioactive fallout. But charcoal filters it out, obviously you want to overdo it here because once you swallow beta rads, youre done.

Alpha no one cares about.

Gamma is literally the fucking nobody of radiation. Bug in, buy some lead roof flashings from your local hardware store or amazon. Survive for 2 weeks indoors and youll beat most of the rads from gamma.

My interior shelter is a workbench from lowes with 5 lead plates, one is already under it and another is beneath the work surface. Just swing down the other 3 and I'm probably going to be fine given my distance from any likely source.
>>
>>33578028
Could you hide under ammo cans full of ammo?
>>
>>33574864
Bugging out should only be done as a last resort when bugging in simply not an option anymore.

You should be prepared for both; stock supplies at your home but have a bug out bag, bug out location(s) and multiple planned routes to reach it in case its needed.
>>
>>33574945
this
it's how it works
>>
>>33574951
This. I live on the ring of fire, having a bugout kit is sensible.
>>
I have a farm a couple hours out of the city that i lease out. Surrounded on 3 sides by national forrest, away from the highways. Solar power, plenty of water, around 1000 sheep, yabbies (freshwater crayfish) in the dams and plenty of roos to hunt if need be.

I don't need to prep or anything. Even if shit royally hits the fan i'll still have electricity so i can watch movies while the prepper faggots are hiding in the woods trying to survive another day or 2.
>>
>>33579949
Dirt filled cinderblocks/bags would be more effective.
>>
>>33580423
>>33578028

This is way to do it. Basically bugging in is better for the first few weeks. Then when you know the worst of the shit is gone, move to bug out to locations you know would not have been hit.

For example: I have a cabin in an area where you have less than 3000 people in 100 miles. No where near a targeted area, lots of lakes and woods. But because it is 5-6 hours out with good roads I would most likely be dead before arrival from the initial fallout.
>>
File: mongols finland.jpg (20KB, 325x295px) Image search: [Google]
mongols finland.jpg
20KB, 325x295px
>>33576264
>not buying a property away from your regular house, and preparing a literal innawoods fortress for your aryan ubermensch family
>>
>>33576572
Yeah. Swedish bikers used a Yugo M-72 clone once or twice and some "French" gangsters used the same kind of weapon once or twice. That's a maximum of four uses on a continent of 550 million inhabitants and over a period of 20 years.
>>
File: 027.jpg (39KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
027.jpg
39KB, 640x512px
>>33575304
What I think about
>>
>>33577297
Caseríos would like a word with you
>>
>>33586982
French dealers in north of Marseille uses AK on a weekly basis to kill each other
>>
>>33574864

Only because Trump is President and the tinfoilers switched sides again.
>>
>>33574864
It's good that the meme is dying, but I think the pendulum is swinging too far in the other direction. Now, people plan to "bug in" with no plans or gear ready to evacuate at short notice.

Yes, bugging in is better, but there are a lot of circumstances that could require you to bug out ASAP. Bombing, gas attacks, natural disasters, violent looters, etc. could all make your home unsafe to stay in, and require you to bug out.

I kind of liked the "bug out location" meme, provided it's used wisely. Many people like me live somewhere that's not good for long-term survival, for work or money related reasons. The idea of having a plan to evacuate to a different location where you have more privacy and resources to survive is good. I live in a trailer park because I'm broke and it's near work, but I would never try to stay here if SHTF. If the bombs drop, I'm immediately evacuating my parents' house, which is in a rural, small, tight community with lots of farms. I have gear packed and ready to go at a moment's notice.

However, people whose "bug out location" is an empty patch of woods somewhere are morons who are gonna die.
>>
File: 1475175518633.jpg (74KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475175518633.jpg
74KB, 720x720px
>>33577490
>4 point suspension straps
>full face
>easily fit adapters for 40mm to bayonet

Nice try kiddo.
>>
File: 1458090190624.gif (427KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
1458090190624.gif
427KB, 200x198px
It's been dead for a while though
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.