[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M1 Garands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: M1.png (359KB, 1368x1191px) Image search: [Google]
M1.png
359KB, 1368x1191px
Think this may be the last big stock of M1s left so I wanna get the ball rolling on doing what I need to do to buy one of these. Anyone got the nitty gritty on the needed requirements to get the CMP to ship me a Gerand?
>>
Does /k/ still have the CMP group to qualify for their shipping?
>>
http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/
>>
>>33573095

These rifles are in very rough condition.
>>
File: thumb3[1].jpg (129KB, 650x326px) Image search: [Google]
thumb3[1].jpg
129KB, 650x326px
so sekkksy...
>>
I have a CCW and 03 FFL what else do I need to order from CMP
>>
>>33573095
What about the South Korean garands? I know they're beat to shit but I'm sure there's some good ones out of the thousands they have.
>>
>>33573126

the South Korean garands were/are improbably stored, they are in open air outside exposed to the elements.
>>
>>33573111
If you google a lot of articles are saying these rifles are in good shape.
>>
>>33573111
And they'll still find their way to the secondary market for +1000 burger bux.
>>
>>33573126
The info I gathered is not great on them. They are beat to shit and stored poorly.
>>
>>33573136

70% are receivers only
>>
>>33573136
>the mexicans of asia took better care of our gifts than snobby Koreans

Really makes me think
>>
>>33573152
These are 86000 completed rifles being brought over
>>
i would have low expectations for old rifles from 3rd world tropical countries that only recently replaced them
>>
>>33573106
>Current or past military service

What documentation do they want? Dad served and we share a name. When I talked to him he said he would love to have one but doesn't have any paperwork that says he served.
>>
File: hra3-12.jpg (680KB, 970x640px) Image search: [Google]
hra3-12.jpg
680KB, 970x640px
I hope they're cheap. I could always use another one.
>>
I wonder how fucked up they are from 70 years of pacific humidity?
>>
>>33573168
Mil ID or DD214 is the usual for satisfying that requirement. Could also send a copy of some old orders provided they have identifying information on them.
>>
File: 1450111368824.png (2MB, 800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1450111368824.png
2MB, 800x2000px
>>33573105
I got this image from 4chan, so I don't know if it's up to date or not. Take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>33573169
do you even shoot that? looks too nice to shoot
>>
Even if you're not in the CMP, thanks to simple supply and demand this should drop prices for Garands dramatically across the board. Be looking for deals in the next year or two.
>>
>>33573126
The South Korean Garand's are being sold on the civilian market, so they will not come through the CMP if they ever make it here. And word is they are rough.
>>
>>33573336
>thanks to simple supply and demand this should drop prices for Garands dramatically across the board

lawl, good one
>>
>>33573345
"Rough" does not mean unusable. The SAMCO Spanish Mausers are "rough", but with a little TLC they clean up just fine. The Nepalese Martini-Henrys were even rougher, but same deal - a little love and elbow grease and most of them can be made perfectly presentable again. So are these Garands "rough", or are they trashed? That's the big question.
>>
>>33573153
We make do to make them last. Who knows when you have to arm more CAFGU (National Guard equivalent, but only poorer) personnel, even civilians, in case the Chinks go all willy-nilly.

>>33573163
Only the aforementioned CAFGU use Garands and BARs.

>>33573179
I don't really know, it's not like they just stored them outside and not in a warehouse.

>tfw I would never find the lost Costa Mesa AR-180 tooling in my country
>>
>>33573377
>CAFGU
>NG

If anything, they-re state militia tier, but financially more challenged
>>
>>33573373
TLC won't fix a shot-out barrel
>>
>>33573126
The ones in South Korea aren't not US Army property and the CMP only gets guns from the Army. There is rifles given out under lend lease, then there are some that are given out right and then there are ones that were sold. Only lend lease rifles are owned by the US Army.
>>
>>33573394
No, it won't. So again, that's the question: What exactly does "rough" mean?

In other news, the barrel on my own Spanish Mauser (I got the original 7x57mm) is just fine.
>>
>>33573394
The flips are too poor to to equip their men with more than 2 clips of 30.06

>CAFGU personnel were supplied with a box of 30.06 per men per operation
>>
>>33573405
I've heard rumblings that the South Korean Garands probably should should have been returned to the US and shouldn't have been sold, but supposedly their poor condition kept anyone from caring too much.
>>
>>33573421
we're talking about the korean garand's, dingleberry. they shot the shit out of them.
>>
so is there a difference in price between CMP and gunbroker in terms of garands?

I plan on buying one eventually but the cmp seems to take a while.
>>
>>33573391
That seems to be an even better analogy.
The government pays them, yes, but all in all a militia.
>>
I might just shell out the big bucks and get a Fulton armory M1.
>>
>>33573422
But they haven't been sold. South Korean WANTS to sell them. The rumblings were over the fact they wanted to sell them when there was a stipulation in giving rifles to other nations that they cannot be returned to the US without approval for whatever reason. The US Army and the CMP doesn't care if they are in shit condition. They pretty much break all the rifles down for parts anyhow, but again they aren't lend lease rifles or at least the majority are not.

The reason no importer is jumping at the chance to buy them with South Korea wants top dollar for shit.
>>
>buying anything but a 100% USGI Garand
>>
>>33573373
if its from the phillipines you can guarantee they were used every single fucking day until they ran out of 30-06 then stored badly in tropical conditions
>>
Thought the Korean Garands couldn't come in because former President Obama had the importation held up? In any case I don't care if they're halfway to garbage so long as the price would reflect that.

Will have to get to work on CMP paperwork for one of these Philippines Garands though. I need to get one before everything hits four figures. When are they expected to hit the rack?
>>
>>33573464
They were sold at one point. Whether or they buyers had a clause to void the sale should they be unable to import the rifles into the US is anyone's guess, but if so it was never made public.
>>
How much do the rifles actually cost once you've signed up and got all the requirements?
>>
>>33573153
To be honest the Koreans probably used them a lot harder given the Philippines didn't have to deal with human wave tactics. They were rattled out from use, some rust is repairable but wear isn't

>>33573503
Century had to lay off a bunch of folks they bought in expecting the shipment so they got fucked pretty hard.
>>
>>33573574

Right now cheapest is $830. They had some that were like $670 or some shit but they sold out end of last month.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.