[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this normal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

File: 20170407_185502.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_185502.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Hey /k/ommandos. I just picked up my CZ-P01 from my FFL, ordered online.

Now that I'm home I'm noticing some blemishes/issues, I'm unsure whether or not these are normal

1. Sight is .5-1.0 mm to the right

2. They stamped the slide using a punch to, I'm assuming to mark where it should be zeroed

3. The ejector has a blem on the finish

Is this normal? If not what should I do, contact CZ-USA?

No return option since it was ordered online.
>>
File: 20170407_185705.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_185705.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
File: 20170407_185756.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170407_185756.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>
>>33570434
yes it's normal, it's also shitty but >cz

unless you got a lemon that didn't get snagged by QC - the gun is zero'd, if you are not a strong enough shooter to test this either have someone do it for you or buy a bore sight and confirm
>>
>>33570434
It's a gun, meant to be used.

Man the fuck up you little bitch
>>
>>33570434
CZ isn't known for impeccable finish work, those seem like pretty minor gripes considering the manufacturer.

Don't worry too much about the sight drift until you shoot it, perhaps it needs the adjustment to be on.
>>
>>33570463
It's my first gun and I'm not familiar with what to expect.

You should man up and not attack people because they are trying to learn
>>
>>33570498
Yeah that threw me for a loop but I can't wait to get it to the range to test it.

Does that mean the whole gun is torqued in one direction? Or the slide wasn't milled straight?
>>
>>33570434
Those blemishes look pretty minor, and to be honest your gun is going to get way bigger dings on it than that just from regular use. If this is your first gun, don't be afraid to have it get beat up a little. Everyone gets a few idiot marks on their first gun, it's a learning experience. The only way to have an unblemished gun is to keep it locked in a safe and never fire it. And even then you might ding it while moving your guns around in the unlit depths of your safe.

As for the sights, I would recommend shooting the gun and see how it does. If it's not shooting right, absolutely contact CZ. They're known for good customer service.

You bought this gun new, correct?
>>
>>33570519
No its fine. That is the whole reason the sight has some adjustablity. Or else they would make it rigid and it would shoot perfect every time. They make the gun as best as they can and then adjust the sights to show the point of impact.
>>
>>33570567
Yes, factory new. Just opened up a few hours ago.

The rear sight lines up with that tiny stamp they made on the slide so I assume they were marking it for zero.

If it shoots straight then I'm happy. Just a bummer for someone like me who cares too much about a e s t h e t i c.

And if they had to move the sight far enough to the right that it's noticeable, wouldnt that mean it doesn't shoot straight? lol
>>
>>33570607
I think the even milled the hole for the set screw to the right.

As long as I can hit what I'm aiming at I'm happy though. thanks
>>
>>33570434
>1. Sight is .5-1.0 mm to the right
this might be off or it might be what was needed to zero the gun only way to find out is shoot it
>2. They stamped the slide using a punch to, I'm assuming to mark where it should be zeroed
normal
>3. The ejector has a blem on the finish
normal
its a "Cheap" production gun what do you expect
>>
>>33570875
Thanks. first handgun so just wanted to hear from experienced shooters. cheers
>>
>>33570505
>waaaaaah why are people being mean to me on 4chan

Man the fuck up you little bitch. I bet you will think the recoil is too high when you finally get the courage to go to the range 2 months from now.

You are a waste of testosterone.
>>
>>33571616
drunk posting and/or pol posting isn't encouraged in didactic threads anon, chillax and save the sick burns for the tomfoolery threads
>>
File: 1464004137663.jpg (144KB, 800x491px) Image search: [Google]
1464004137663.jpg
144KB, 800x491px
Do not expect sights to come zeroed from the factory. As you get proficient enough to be able to shoot a pistol accurately at 25 yards on a B8, you should get it properly zeroed.

As for the machining, apparently CZ's don't have the best quality but they make good quality guns that function well and that's all that matters.

It's a gun, it's going to get wear. Especially if you carry it.
>>
>>33571695
>Do not expect sights to come zeroed from the factory

This is a stupid and dangerous statement, guns come 0'd from the factory barring lemons, every time.
>>
>>33571616

lol stfu you noguns faggot.
>>
File: 1461922663642.jpg (52KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
1461922663642.jpg
52KB, 550x413px
>>33571742
>This is a stupid and dangerous statement

Do you actually think a factory will zero all their guns precisely? Sure, you suck ass and never shoot outside of 5 yards. You do realize different loads have different grains? You do realize these loads effect POA/POI? I zero all of my guns at 25 yards regardless of "if they shoot oke"

Better email Kyle Defoor and Mike Pannone that they're retards for zeroing their pistols. They could definately get the heads up, you seem really knowledgeable bro.

About rifles, fuck zeroing them because they come from the factory zeroed amirite?? Exactly.
>>
>>33571985
Yeah, guns (pistols and most certainly fixed sight rifles) are zero'd at the factory, literally like zeroing a steering wheel on a factory vehicle, got a link to those instructors claiming otherwise?
>>
File: 1480936089283.jpg (194KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1480936089283.jpg
194KB, 750x1334px
>>33572054
>got a link to those instructors claiming otherwise?

https://youtu.be/p4ioCWVehtg?t=77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzSHXemDSm0
>>
IT'S A FUCKING CZ YOU MORAN
>>
>>33570434
>1. Sight is .5-1.0 mm to the right
Doesn't really matter, but can be adjusted. CZ isn't too precise about this kind of thing. My SP-01 rear sight is just a little off center to the left, but it doesn't affect the shooting.
>2. They stamped the slide using a punch to, I'm assuming to mark where it should be zeroed
That's just a dimple to retain the rear sight from sliding around. Commonly referred to as "staking."
>3. The ejector has a blem on the finish
It appears to be a brass mark from when it was test fired. Normal, and not a big deal anyway.
>No return option since it was ordered online.
I'd love to see any gun store that will accept a return on a new firearm.
>>
>>33571742
>This is a stupid and dangerous statement, guns come 0'd from the factory barring lemons, every time.
The zeroing from the factory will be roughly done. It's possible to get it a little more precise.

OP, did your gun come with a test target? How is the grouping?
>>
>>33572190
Your first link proves my point, first one (video) and first string has him hitting literally 0 but 4" high at 5-0 yards vs the 25 yard factory bullseye, not going to waste another 2 minutes on whats next. These guns are 0'd via electronic devises out the door, if your gun isn't you are buying from a junk company.
>>
>>33572266
It was decent I guess. 25 yds, 5 rounds. 2 on POA, one was an inch to the right, one an inch up, one 2 inches up 1 to the left.

From what everyone is saying Im sure i will be able to refine the adjustment down the line, once I find my preferred load, maybe get some sights that extend rearward.
>>
>>33571742
guns come zeroed for a specific brand and weight of ammo at a specific range
this ammo is usually not the same ammo you are using so point of aim is not guaranteed to match point of impact but will be close enough
>>
>>33572250
Thanks, all sounds good and your insight makes me more confident with my purchase

>>33572231
kek thanks for the insight. I didn't realize they were considered "budget" guns.

>>33572190
interesting how he says flat black sights for accuracy, fiber for speed. Good insight.

>>33571616
this is a new level of projecting. sorry about your balls mate
>>
File: cajungunworksEZD.jpg (640KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
cajungunworksEZD.jpg
640KB, 2048x1536px
>>33572250

10/10 post.

>>33570505

The machining on the P-01 is really good. I didn't even notice the rear sight was staked until I saw your pic. I was actually surprised with how good the P-01 sights were based on what I heard, but I'm still replacing them with these.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/ezd-9-40-for-9mm-and-40-sw/

FWIW, my stock rear sight is also drifted to the right somewhat but it hits accurately in terms of drift. For a compact thought it's sighted for 25 yards, which means you have a pretty big vetical "hold" at practical distances with the stock sights.
>>
czs look like shit most of the time, but their damned good guns. theres a reason they and the cz clones dominate the top in ipsc here in europe.

the gun doesnt have adjustable sights, so get someone good to test shoot it, and see if its on point. if it shoots high or low, you can use different ammo, change your sight picture slightly, or change/modify the height of the sights.

if it groups left or right, you have to get someone to drift the rear sight or get an LPA or something rear sight
>>
File: Unconventionalshooting-CZ75.jpg (604KB, 1226x1579px) Image search: [Google]
Unconventionalshooting-CZ75.jpg
604KB, 1226x1579px
>>33571742
>This is a stupid and dangerous statement, guns come 0'd from the factory barring lemons, every time.

You do realize that guns shoot differently with different ammo, right? A 115gr JHP from Fiocchi will likely shoot a bit different from a 124gr FMJ from Geco...

For your "factory zero" to even matter, you'd need to know which ammo they used to zero it in the first place.

Of course, that is indeed assuming you shoot further than 7 fucking yards.

>>33570434
>the gun doesnt have adjustable sights, so get someone good to test shoot it, and see if its on point. if it shoots high or low, you can use different ammo, change your sight picture slightly, or change/modify the height of the sights.

Here in euroland, there's a chance that complaints might get you somewhere, but from what I can tell, americans seem to think this is "normal" for a new gun.
You could try complaining, maybe you'll get a gift card from the vendor that you can use on something else? But most likely nothing will come of it.
>>
File: cezee.jpg (694KB, 1110x786px) Image search: [Google]
cezee.jpg
694KB, 1110x786px
here's the low down on cz's

they're not going to be pretty, at least not internally. Their factory springs are not the best, and if you want the DA/SA trigger to be good, you either shoot it a lot or polish the parts.

At $500-600, they're fine options for a metal receiver hammer pistol. The biggest thing about them is that they have a very forward swept grip, giving it very good ergonomics in the hand. The Beretta 92 is also a great gun in these categories, but for manlet hands, it's fuckhuge in the hands. There is also the Lionheart/Daewoo and a few other metal frame hammer fire handguns in the $500-600 range.

Don't listen to the cz fanbiys who think everything CZ is perfect, it's a solid gun, but it definitely has a lot of cosmetic issues and a bit of functional issues depending.
>>
File: ff.jpg (174KB, 1680x935px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
174KB, 1680x935px
>cz

Normal. they don't like to finish their guns.

Honestly though mines only bad in areas you do not see.
>>
>>33570434
The sights are most likely like that due to zeroing,the bir on the ejector shoud be from test fired brass,should just wipe off wit a moist towellette.
>>
>>33574212
I think its the cz clones in general.
my tanfo looks like someone made it with an angle grinder internally.
>>
>>33574099
gee wiz did you really just point out that elevation printing changes with distance/ballistics? Wow truly we were not all aware of that.

Fuck off
>>
>>33574568

Only elevation, huh?

Fuck off.
>>
>>33574623
yes, moron, guns leave the factory zero'd at a certain distance, using logical reasoning one can conclude windage is resolved at the factory.
Once again, fuck off
>>
>>33574774
>yes, moron, guns leave the factory zero'd at a certain distance, using logical reasoning one can conclude windage is resolved at the factory.

What part of "the ammo you shoot affects both elevation and windage at all distances" do you not understand? This means factory zeroing is just "ballpark" correct, unless you know the exact ammo they used to zero.

The point was that up close the difference might appear minimal and might escape notice if you only shoot at near point blank range.

Were you dropped on your head when you were a child, or what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>33570434
CZ is shit, you should have bought a Turk clone.
>>
>>33574822
Windage doesn't change with ammo you tard, not in an meaningful or measureable way with handguns.

700 yard rifle groups? Yeah you are going to get spin drift that will vary with loads and bbl twist. handgun shooting- particularly duty guns like the CZ in question? Fuck off windage is zero'd at the factory.

Maybe stop jerking the gun like a bitch and blaming the ammo for your incompetence.

Fuck off moron
>>
>>33574865
>Windage doesn't change with ammo you tard, not in an meaningful or measureable way with handguns.

A lot of things will affect windage. You can perceive differences due to different weight, bullet length, thickness, softness/hardness of the jacket, powder, load, etc. Combine all these and a .22LR hyper or high velocity round might actually a far different windage and elevation than a .22LR subsonic. I've personally perceived it most in handguns with magnum calibers.

I bet you're also one of those people who thinks a bullet moves in a nice smooth arc without oscilation?

Experience will eventually teach you the truth if you look for it. But you can stay an ignorant asshole for all I care...
>>
>>33570441
That little dent in the middle of the rail is there to keep the rear sight in place once it's zeroed.
>>
>>33574136

>polish the parts.

Nah. The only thing I'd polish is the trigger bar where it makes contact with the frame, but unless you have a gritty trigger I wouldn't even bother. Keeping it clean there is going to make more of a difference than polishing.

If you want a lighter double action pull you change the mainspring and firing pin spring to match. That's very easy even if you've never worked on guns before. If you want to lighten the SA, you can change out the hammer which requires taking out the sear assembly. It's not that complicated but it is a project. If you're going to all that trouble you might as well get an aftermarket disconnector and replace the factory sear as well.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.