[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shooting with shit eyes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 213413242314.jpg (215KB, 1500x1142px) Image search: [Google]
213413242314.jpg
215KB, 1500x1142px
>Finally go get the eye exam I've been putting off for years
>As I figured my eyes are shit, turns out I have to wait a year before corrective surgery to make sure it's stabilized otherwise there'd be no point
>Have to spend a year wearing glasses (or preferably contacts so I don't look like a freak) at all times otherwise it could get worse
So I'm having a pretty fucking shit weak, tell me impaired eye anons, how do you deal with shooting with glasses/contacts/LES? Is it safe to shoot wearing contacts or would you recommend wearing glasses to the range?
>>
>>33565948
Use bigger targets.
>>
>>33565948
Are you fucking 12 years old to whine about glasses? Just put safety glasses over your prescription glasses and be done with it unless you do some really stupid shit. Or if you want it all high-speed-low-drag, there's ballistic goggles/glasses with corrective properties/inserts, too.
>>
>>33565993
Ok, anon. Time for a physics lesson.
There is this thing call refraction, glass will bend light. You can put your finger on the other side of a glass of water to see this!

For those of us that learned to shoot without glasses, that shift fucks our aim.

That said. Try contacts OP, I can shoot just fine with them.
Or you cam take off your glasses before you shoot.
>>
>>33566060
Which is why you practice. I wear glasses and shoot just fine. It takes two weeks, max, to adjust to new lenses.
>>
File: 124132412341234.jpg (74KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
124132412341234.jpg
74KB, 500x496px
>>33565993
>Are you fucking 12 years old to whine about glasses?
Sorry, it's just that I was considering some sort of LEO type career and you need a minimum of 20/40 vision, and I got the measurement done in Czech where they use some strange measurement unit so I'm not sure if I'm quite there or not.
Been pretty stressed for the past few days.

I mean, I could read the third line with only one mistake so I'm probably somewhere between 20/30 to 20/40 (unless they use some weird kind of chart) but I'm not entirely sure.
>>
>>33566207
I'm a czechfag and there's a lot of "glassed" shooters out here that shoot just fine, including military.

One year isn't a big deal, really, you'll get used to it within a month.

Hádám, že ti diagnostikovali krátkozrakost.
Kolik jsi nafasoval dioptrií? Do jedné a půl se dá ještě nějak fungovat, já se třema bych si nevěřil na nic zásadního bez brýlí, ale kdyby náhodou, figuru na padesát metrů jakštakš vidíš a strefíš, kdybys náhodou byl bez brýlí, což se ti po jen tak nestane.
>>
>>33566362
Not actually a Czech, just visiting family and eye exams are way cheaper here, but with the power of google translate I can answer that my number was -1.5 I believe.

It's not horrendous, I can still drive completely safely without glasses and know what stuff hundreds of meters away is, it's just reading smaller letters from further and making out faces is a bit more difficult.
>>
File: IMG_1527.jpg (29KB, 419x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1527.jpg
29KB, 419x400px
meanwhile I'm going to get lasik next week
>>
>>33565948
>I might have to wear glasses
>Waaaaah!!
What are you? 15 years old? You'd rather look 'cool' and have shit vision?
>>
File: 1487902377040.jpg (113KB, 640x848px) Image search: [Google]
1487902377040.jpg
113KB, 640x848px
>>33565948
>tfw nearsighted, but not bad enough to need glasses for everyday tasks
>but too nearsighted to shoot guns accurately because I aim at a blur
>try shooting with glasses: can see target great, front sight is very clear, but rear sight is a massive blur
>shoot without glasses, can't see target well; shoot with glasses, can't fucking aim

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP FAMILY
>>
>>33566438
Doesn't that severely mess with your night vision?
>>
>>33566417
Ah, good. As I said, glasses aren't that bad and you can pick up ones that aren't looking all autistic and with minimalistic frame so you keep your peripheral vision. If you seriously consider law enforcement or whatever that acronym stands for, one year isn't that bad till surgery and if you pass barely, you make do with your sight+glasses for the time being and when you can, take a week off and go have the surgery. No problems to be seen.
>>
>>33566563
Already picked out the glasses, went for very minimalist wire frames.
Problem with surgery is that you also need a certain level of night vision to join the police or any kinda policing/government security job in my city which I know LES can fuck up, so it's kind of a gamble.

Basically if my eyes are within 20/40 I can get away with contacts in glasses, if not I have to get LES which in itself may also fuck my shit up.

With the shooting I'm concerned that substantial recoil could shake a contact (which I reckon would work better with goggles/sunglasses) and fuck my shit up, and glasses could result in what the anon above us is talking about in regards to not being able to see the rear sight well enough.
>>
>>33566060
You're being a dramatic woman. The change in shooting with or without glasses is completely negligible. Well, except for the fact that you can see better. But go ahead and tell us how your corrected (via eyewear) vision completely threw off your point of aim.
>>
>>33565948
I just shoot with my glasses, doubles as eyepro. Win, win?
>>
>>33565948
I have a little shit eyesight, to the point where I'll wear glasses while driving, shooting and movies, to avoid tiring out my eyes.
It's not so bad at all if you're using a regular riflescope or iron sights, and I cannot imagine red-dots or whatever else being any worse.
Just make the most of it - Show up to the store wearing your favourite outfit, ask the people there for advice on a pair of frames to match your face and style, and enjoy not needing to strain your eyes to focus anymore.
>>
File: 1412313971950.jpg (26KB, 482x277px) Image search: [Google]
1412313971950.jpg
26KB, 482x277px
>>33567214
>Show up to the store wearing your favourite outfit
>tfw have a mustache that you pretty much have no choice to get rid of now lest you look like a pedophile
I could get away with it without glasses and just look odd at worst, this is gonna be a painful transition.
>>
>>33566650
>With the shooting I'm concerned that substantial recoil could shake a contact
many levels of wrong and stupid
>>
>>33565948

Scopes exist for a reason anon.

t. near sighted
>>
>>33565948
Contacts are fine.
>>
>>33567632
P-pls no bully
I've never worn contacts in my life and I've never met a single person who wears contacts in my life (that I know of at least), I don't know jack shit about them.

Basically imagine trying to explain the difference between .223 and 5.56 to a recovering liberal who asked you "couldn't you fire 30-30 out of a a G41?" (and yes, before you ask, I have actually seen someone ask that before)
>>
Protip: bitches love glasses. I pull easier with them. Can't shoot for shit while I wear then, but I have contacts for that.
>>
>>33565948
Jesus christ anon, glasses aren't that bad, just get some that fit your face shape and stop bitching. This isn't HS
>>
>>33566060
Except both the target and the sights are refracted

I absolutely does not change anything about aim
>>
>>33565948
I shoot wearing my glasses, they're lenses that are impact rated enough that I feel comfortable using them as my shooting eyepro. There's also shooting glasses that go over normal ones and RX inserts for goggles (I have a set of these).
>>
>>33567703
IOW, mang - no, recoil won't fuck up your contacts. Shoot with God, my son.
>>
>>33565948
make sure to use your insurance to cop as many prescriptions as you can, that way when your eyes inevitably deteriorate after lasik again during shtf you won't be blind :^
>>
I have been wearing glasses for more than 40 years. Well, I tried lenses for a few years but went back to glasses - having to claw into my eyes on a regular basis never got comfortable. I spent my army year with glasses and have been shooting guns since I was 10. With glasses. Now my eyesight is getting both old and catharacter and got that sideways thing as well. Need eyedrops on a daily basis.

But you know what? I still aint shooting that badly. You won't die at old age as ol' Hawkeye, but you can still hunt. And that will just have to do.
>>
>>33566417
>-1.5
There are three aspects to a prescription: spherical, cylindrical, and axial.

My girl has a spherical prescription similar to yours, but because of the pressure behind her eyes she has a massive cylindrical prescription (5.0 in one eye, 0.5 in the other).

I, on the other hand, don't have pressure, but i do have -6.0 in both eyes.
>>
File: Air_Optix_Night_and_Day_Aqua.jpg (33KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
Air_Optix_Night_and_Day_Aqua.jpg
33KB, 300x187px
Shit is relatively cash... I probably should look into getting lasik at some point, but contacts you can wear 24/7 are pretty swell too. I just rinse them out once a week and put them back on for another week...
>>
>>33565948
>tfw the glasses I picked out YEARS before I became interested in guns don't fit under ballistic glasses (which are required where I live)
>>
>>33565948
>or preferably contacts so I don't look like a freak

are you some kind of faggot?

>tfw i own rated shooting prescription sun glasses i wear daily

i'm always wearing eyepro fucker

get on my level
>>
>>33570939
I've been wanting some prescription eyepro for a minute what do you have?
>>
>>33567703
As a person with contacts, they don't move when you shoot
>>
>>33566484
>Trying to aim with low iron sights with glasses
>Glasses sit too low to aim through sights

This is why I got a scope
>>
>>33573327
>mfw i have never had this problem
>>
I just shoot from one blur to the next. All the targets are blur. Aim for center mass of blur. You must adapt or the blur will kill you.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.