[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Tactical light general/ I just got a Springfield RO Operator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 31VvUnkfy2L._SY400_.jpg (16KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
31VvUnkfy2L._SY400_.jpg
16KB, 400x250px
/Tactical light general/

I just got a Springfield RO Operator and I need a light for it. How does the Inforce Apl compare to the Streamlight Tlr-1? I want something that will hold up well, as this is gonna be my primary nightstand gun.
>>
Bumping a good thread
>>
File: FNSlights3_zpsofy9zqzt.jpg (272KB, 800x813px) Image search: [Google]
FNSlights3_zpsofy9zqzt.jpg
272KB, 800x813px
>>33564559
I've got both (well the TLR-1 HL), INForce is fine, my two problems are - way too low lumens for my taste, the paddle system isn't all it's cracked up to be and is easier to accidentally activate.
>>
batteries in the streamlight will last alot longer
I have both & the inforce has a constant drain on batteries
>>
>>33564559
>putting a light on your gun
>so bad guys know where to shoot
Tip top bait kid
>>
>>33565170
Yeah look at the piles of dead cops and CCrs due to using WMLs

Hush child
>>
>>33565181
Except that is exactly what they fucking do you dumb wannabe
Just turn the lights on you fucking retard
>>
>>33565215
>calls me dumb
>he's truly a retarded moron

delicious

find me one article, one case or one study to support your claims.

Meanwhile every legit self defense instructor on the planet recommends a WML when possible

retarded no guns faggot
>>
>>33565306
>refers to articles written by shills as proof
Dumbest thing I have ever fucking heard
OF COURSE THEY LIKE WMLs
THEY PROFIT OFF OF THEM IDIOT
>>
>>33565326
shills? Instructors who teach people how to fight with weapons are now shills for companies they don't work for or get paid by?

Jesus christ you truly are a retarded moron, I was just teasing but sheesh now I feel bad.
>>
>>33564559
>I want something that will hold up well

Then you don't want an APL, unless your round count is laughably low. That shit breaks. Surefire X300.

Or TLR, if you insist. TLRs aren't that bad. They've got different switch setups, so find a way to test them to see which one you like.
>>
>>33565337
Wow I forgot my trip
Now as I was saying you dumb shill, WMLs are just a way to get civilians killed in standoffs with police you statist bootlicker
If you get paid to sell a product or service you are a shill
Simple as that
#rekt
GGEZ kid
>>
Surefire x300u. Any other answer is wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33564559
I've had the APL, a XC1, a X300u, and have used my friend's TLR-1.
I loved the APL, paddles are super easy to use, but it eventually broke at the mounting point.
The TLR-1 took some getting use to, before I felt comfortable using the controls. But would be my recommendation for someone on a budget.
If concealability is also a factor, the inforce is much easier for IWB.
If budget is not a problem X300u would be my overall recommendation.
>surefire shill
>>
>>33565404
TLR-1 HL is g2g as well, there's room at the top for both
>>
>>33565484
It's pretty much the poorfags X300u
>>
File: P30L 4-3-17 2.jpg (767KB, 996x747px) Image search: [Google]
P30L 4-3-17 2.jpg
767KB, 996x747px
>>33565526
In many cases, yes, sometimes it's just personal preference. In my case I don't find any real quality advantage to justify the x2 price hike.

That said SF makes excellent lights, not taking a shot at them.
>>
File: fotayshotay_zpsw5eai6rs.jpg (261KB, 778x450px) Image search: [Google]
fotayshotay_zpsw5eai6rs.jpg
261KB, 778x450px
>>33565586
>>33565526

Also the design of the TLR-1 gives my support thumb a comfy ledge in exactly the correct location for my support thumb to apply some pretty hefty counterfoce against muzzle rise, it's a matter of personal function at that point.

Also I'm a logofag and I just like SL branding more - they got me.
>>
>>33564559
DON'T get an APL. I had 2 of them. 1st one had the shit-tier QD latch which didn't worked. Returned under warranty and got screw attach one. New one drains batteries when off. Batteries last 1-2 months max. Get a streamlight or surefire
>>
>>33565161
this
>>
>>33565586
>>33565627
I was just ballbusting, you can't really be a poorfag if you have a WML. Like I said in >>33565480 , The TLR-1 is probably the biggest bang for your buck.
>>
File: totallysociallydialedin.gif (976KB, 245x286px) Image search: [Google]
totallysociallydialedin.gif
976KB, 245x286px
>>33566358
Fuck I'm like 0/100 on my ability to pick up on humor lately
>>
Owned a Surefire X400 Ultra, and a Viridian X5L.

Surefires build quality was absolutely the best of any weapon light I've ever seen, no question about that. It was also bulky, heavy, and I discovered the laser was a waste. Sold it to a cop.

Still have the X5L, mounted on my P30L in my nightstand. The original one had an issue with the battery holder, but they replaced it and have since updated the design with a new locking mechanism. I haven't had a problem since. It works really well, and the size is perfect. The laser is still unnecessary but they make a version called the XTL that's light only.

Build quality is good, but I wouldn't honestly be incredibly confident submerging it for very long. It's perfect for a nightstand gun, but I'd probably go for an X300 for pure beat-the-shit-out-of-it, anytime-anyplace-anycondition reliability.
>>
I use a Rogers Rail Light. It makes it easy to have a dedicated light on my CCW at night. It just pops off when it's time to leave the house.

https://holsterops.com/products/rogers-rail-lite-rrl
>>
Anyone know where to get an m2 light for a usp? Or the light that's on the socom?
>>
>>33566710
There is one Amazon seller that has them for like $300. Good luck finding the LED upgrade.
>>
>>33565181
It's funny considering most people who cc that have been in shootings report that they did not need a light to properly ID the threat.

Still, that other anon is dumb as fuck.
>"can't plan my stealthy j-frame ambush with a light or laser, those will give my position away!"
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.