[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General click click bbrrrrrrrrr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 31

File: BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT.jpg (24KB, 291x235px) Image search: [Google]
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT.jpg
24KB, 291x235px
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

click click bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtt editions

>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed) (embed)

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253 (embed) (embed)
>>
If you ain't infantry, you ain't shit.
>>
>>33563589
Have fun with your shit knees and back when your 25. Meanwhile I'll have a 6 figure salary with no debt and a qt Asian wife. I'm glad I picked intel
>>
>>33563572
I didn't mention my childhood asthma and eartube surgery at meps and my 68w contract requires a security clearance. Will it come up? If yes, what are the odds that im fucked?
>>
>>33563996

Neither of those are disqualifying for military service. Why didn't you mention them?
>>
Will I get to shoot a gun in the raf?
>>
>>33563996
you're gonna have to get a secret, you'll fill out a form, they only care about major substance abuse, debt, foreign ties, and pot smoking. you won't ever talk to anyone unless there's an issue on it
>>
>>33564220
I've smoked pot and have a juvenile record. That was 8 years ago and I've been clean to this day, alongside consistent work, academic honors in college, and martial arts training (I only include that because it was something competitive which kept me away from smoking weed). If war breaks out tomorrow, what are my chances of serving in the military?
>>
File: 1489115786528.jpg (545KB, 1200x746px) Image search: [Google]
1489115786528.jpg
545KB, 1200x746px
>>33563572
Was thinking of joining my colleges ROTC program.
I'm out of shape as fuck but I have a high GPA and I'm a take charge person. Also really enjoy public speaking.

Should I get in shape more before going to sign up or should I just go now because of whats going on in the news?
>>
>>33564447
What branch are you trying to join and what exactly were you charged with as a juvenile?
>>
>>33564529
The army. I had two alcohol related charges, and a marijuana possession charge.
>>
>>33564567
All those separately should be waiverable but getting all 3 might be a stretch.
Just ask a recruiter.
Try the marines if the Army wont waiver them.
I'm getting a waiver from the marines that the Army wouldn't give.
>>
>>33564663
Thanks. Does it matter if I have done diversion for them and have had the record sealed?
>>
I tend to get a bit nervous around people, which makes me really quiet. Do I stand a chance of enlisting in the Army? Should I even worry about this? Or am I just being a faggot?
>>
>>33564688
Diversion don't mean you wont need a waiver but it can help your statement sound better. And you've smoked less than 5 times through your entire life. Remember that. You tried it. Got caught. And decided it wasn't your thing.
We're you charged with a misdemeanor or felony?
>>
>>33563572
Well with a impending war against Syria coming up, and Trump showing a hardline stance against North Korea, would now be a good time to join as a 0311 marine?
>>
>>33564708
People "on the spectrum" fit in better in the Air Force, champ.

But as long as your assburgers isn't diagnosed you wont be disqualified just for being an awkward beta.
>>
>>33564729
Misdemeanor. Before I went to college, I had a recruiter from the Marines get me into MEPS but I got cold feet right before it due to my mom freaking out and wanting me to get my degree instead of enlist. Either way, they were aware of my situation and seemed to not really care so long as I kept to my story which is just what you said (less than 5 times, hated it).
>>
>>33564752
That's where you're wrong kiddo.

Autism is the next step in human evolution.
>>
>>33564750
Well you can't "join as a 0311 marine" unless you are going reserves.
You can enlist in the infantry field but have no say in what MOS you get.
>>
Lets see how many people bitch out of joining now that a ground war is possibly starting up.

It'll be fun to also see how the facebook kiddies who joined as 03s and 11bs for the gi bill will try to get out of deploying.
>>
>>33564844
You should be good to go then.
>>
>>33564860
Yea my mistake, any 03 field. Would now be a good time to join if i want to see some combat deployments in Syria or North Korea?
>>
>>33564865
I'm joining to see combat though.
>>
>>33564895
I highly doubt we'll be fight North Korea any time soon at all.
But Syria does look promising.
The U.S. functions on war.
Don't ever expect us to go too long without putting boots on the ground somewhere in the world.
>>
>>33564865
I swore in as 19D yesterday and I'm hype as fuck that I might actually see some real action. Shipping out next month, can't wait.
>>
>>33564889
Groovy. Thanks for the help, anon.
>>
>>33564943
>>33564905

Of course you guys are excited to go, probably even more so than the people who were excited to go 15 years ago before facebook and the boot licker community existed.

We'll see what happens when people start coming home without limbs or in flag-draped boxes. I'm sure the support for yet another regime change in the middle east will go away pretty quickly.
>>
>>33565026
Breaking necks and cashing checks mayne.
Stacking bodies.
>>
I had to go to the ER once when I was 19 for Chest Pains, it felt like I was having a minor heart attack (runs in my dads family), but the Doctors never said I actually had a heart attack and I was discharged without any sort of medicine/treatment plan, and all the tests/scans they did found no issues with my chest/heart. Would this make me unable to enlist infantry or should I be good?
>>
>>33565089

Keep chugging that kool aid, broseph. You're gonna need to when trying to reconcile how the things you will be ordered to do will make America great again.
>>
>>33563996
So will they actually check your medical records for a security clearance of any kind?
>>
>>33565094
if they didnt find anything wrong then no
>>
>>33565128
I'm not doing it for America.
I'm doing it because I want to slay bodies.
>>
>>33565158
from what ive heard, being infantry sucks
>>
>>33565172
Cool I can't wait.
>>
>>33565094
When they tell you to "tell us everything" they mean things that could cause you problems now or in the future.

So they don't care about things that aren't a current problem.

I went in for some really damn strange stomach pains but after they ran EKG and urinalysis it turned out to be nothing more than acid reflux. So when i enlisted they said that's not what they're looking for when they ask about medical conditions.

So you should simply not mention it because it doesn't count as a current medical condition or something you were hospitalized for.
>>
I want to do infantry but 100% of people I've spoken to have said to go into the RAF instead.

:-(
>>
>>33565388
Don't let other people influence you. Make your own decisions.
>>
>>33565388
Better let other people decide stuff for you.
Don't think for yourself.
>>
>>33565158

Ok, so you're a sociopath.

No judgment here. I just hate it when people can't/won't admit it.
>>
>>33565422
I wouldn't go that far. I feel empathy/sympathy. I care about the people in my life.
But ISIS is in Syria.
And those sick fucks behead women and children. I'd love to stack those bodies.
They're the perfect enemy to hate and dehumanize. And they'll put up a fight.
>>
>>33564943
>I swore in as 19D yesterday and I'm hype as fuck that I might actually see some real action.

What action are you expecting to see? Do you really think we'll invade Syria anytime soon?
>>
>>33565422
It's called being an edgy teen who wants people to think he's a real killer. He'll definitely love stacking up bodies after his MRAP hits a 'bump' in the road.
>>
>>33565556
Bush: Iraq has weapons of mass destruction

Trump: Syria has chemical weapons

Yup.
>>
>>33565569
Not a teen, bud.
>>
>>33565589
Tillerson said the strategy with Syria hasn't changed a bit after destroying the airfields. Oust Assad through political means just like Obama's plan.

Everyone and their mother knows destroying the airfield was a political message. Joining at this time and expecting any action is insanely retarded but I guarantee you're around 18-24 years old so you don't know any better.
>>
>>33565618
We'll see about that in the next couple years.
>>
>>33565618
Trump is not as levelheaded as Obama, and he's surrounded by blood thirsty neo-cons. Not only that, his approval ratings are terrible, and a good war will boost those up real quick.

Im fairly sure Trump will get us into a large scale conflict somewhere. It's probably going to be either Syria, Iran, or North korea.
>>
>>33565678
>Trump is not as levelheaded as Obama, and he's surrounded by blood thirsty neo-cons. Not only that, his approval ratings are terrible, and a good war will boost those up real quick

This must be a joke. America, as a whole, is sick and tired of fighting in the middle east. If Trump decided to invade Syria I guarantee you the backlash would be at catastrophic levels. Don't come up with bullshit to give yourself a better excuse to join.
>>
>>33565600

Being an overcompensating adult who joins later in life is so much worse, bud, you'll find that out pretty soon though.
>>
>>33565698
Overcompensating?
I'm 22 and been trying to join since 18.
Great assumptions though faggot.
>>
>>33565589
Bush had the "benefit" of 9/11 to back that up
>>
>>33565128
>You're gonna need to when trying to reconcile how the things you will be ordered to do will make America great again.

I'm pretty comfortable with enforcing foreign policy.
>>
>>33565696
No we're not, have you been to the US? We've been looking for something to actually fight for the longest time, not some shitty police action either, we want an actual war.
>>
File: 1295146505200.jpg (88KB, 440x540px) Image search: [Google]
1295146505200.jpg
88KB, 440x540px
>be in Muhreen Reserves for 3 years
>work in a grocery store
>helping a very pompous customer out to her Lexus
>mentions in a really snotty voice that I'd have a great career in the military since I'm very squared away
>tell her that this is only a part-time job
>she says "Well I want MY son to join the Air Force. They're more academically advanced!" in the stereotypical rich snob tone

If those are the kind of people the Air Force attracts then I made a damn good decision by not joining them. I can't wait to get my degree so I can go Active Duty and not have to deal with these fucking asshole civvies.
>>
Can a 31yr old "criminal " join?
>>
>>33565963
I'm from the USA and what you're saying is just bullshit. No one wants to repeat Iraq and invading Syria would be just that. If Trump invades North Korea, that would most likely get support but middle east? You lost your marbles.
>>
>>33566039
You'll need a waiver for age alone. What "crime" was it, and did you serve time in the clink?
>>
>>33566102
Hell no. Just a day, the times I went.... ha. Nothing major. I can own weapons and actually am very good with them. I feel I could be more effective with my experience at 31 then 18 really. Not disclosing anything over this site. Anyone could look it up. It's public record.
>>
>>33566037
This is kind of why I want to join the army over the air force even though it would suck more.
>>
>>33566175
Talk to a recruiter.
>>
Will the UK be effected by this Syrian war?

I'm so tempted to do infantry but will hate myself if I don't get deployed.
>>
>>33566037
You can choose to be with dumbasses or you can choose to be with pompous snobs, both get paid the same, both have the same rank.

Question is, do you wanna shoot people in the face and get respected for it or turn wrenches and people ask if you flew planes?
>>
Who enlisted recently? How big bonuses did you get and what MOS?
>>
>>33567047
35F, no bonus because I had a medical waiver and had to take whatever the ROC would give me. Headed to Sill in May
>>
>>33566450
There's a certain level of arrogance and ignorance among civilians that becomes blatantly obvious when you enlist. They're the same people saying "Become an officer!" like you can immediately walk into a recruiting office and get set up for OCS. Those ones are pretty bad.

And then you have the "I was going to join but" people. Seriously, you don't need an excuse. It's a job. I didn't become a pastry chef, and I certainly wouldn't go around telling other chefs the reasons I didn't go to culinary school.
>>
>>33567192
>>33566037
Both of these posts describe my dad. He wants me be an officer in the air force while I just want to join the army.
>>
>>33567311
Be an Officer if you want to make a career out of it. If you want to serve your time, get out in 4-6 years, then enlist.

You get treated better as an officer (obviously) and quality of life is a cut above enlisted men, but you've also got a lot more responsibility, much more training, and it can take years upon years to even get your foot in the door. I personally know a guy who spent FOUR YEARS waiting to go to OCS.
>>
>>33566450

>Question is, do you wanna shoot people in the face and get respected for it or turn wrenches and people ask if you flew planes?

The real question is whether you want to stand around beating off and wishing someone would deploy you or have an actual job builds out your civilian resume.
>>
>>33565147
Not since HIPAA I believe. Not for sure though, they mostly check credit score, finances, tickets, jail time etc.
>>
>>33567391

You voluntarily waive HIPAA for your clearance investigation. It doesn't really matter though, there's very few things that can medically disqualify you from a clearance.
>>
>>33567386
>Air Force have great jobs after their contract expires

Sometimes. It's all about who you know. Degrees are still the most important thing, but your military service will definitely open doors for you. Especially if the one hiring is a veteran too.

I personally think it's silly to choose a branch you have no passion for in the hopes that it MIGHT give you beneficial skills later, but that's just me. Every branch has POG jobs that can translate back into the civilian world, even Marines.

t. Broadcast journalist
>>
File: 1375931272586.png (43KB, 542x602px) Image search: [Google]
1375931272586.png
43KB, 542x602px
I'm 23 right now and when I leave I'd be 28. I don't have a college degree at the moment, but I want to become an officer and go career. I couldn't become an officer in the Marines at that point, right?
>>
>>33567133
Really? Not even an bonus for signing up for 3 years? I got 3000 in bonus for signing a 4 year contract alone, then two other bonuses giving me 16k total for a cav scout contract. I thought going into the 35 series would get you a good bonus but i don't qualify for a TS. What kind of waiver did you have that screwed you over that bad? I had medical waivers too.
>>
>>33567411
What if your recruiter told you lie about something minor? It's too late for me to get it changed, I'm in too deep
>>
>>33567631
I got fucked, I'm aware. Waivers can throw shit like that off
>>
Is army paying recruits in dep yet
>>
>>33567702
They process tens of thousands of recruits every single day. If you have any incriminating shit, odds are they will not find it. Just don't stop lying.
>>
>>33567631
Astigmatism. It wasn't that specifically. It's just that you can't pull the big list of jobs with a waiver so your recruiter has to call the ROC and hope you get lucky

I did not
>>
>>33567736
Well at least you got a good MOS.

Good luck.
>>
>>33567702

They do NOT give a fuck.

I'm currently in and believe me that they are lying to you just as much. You already fucked up by going to a recruiter.
>>
>>33567631

If you picked 19D then you're going to spend more time mowing lawns and police calling parking lots. You might go to the range once a month for a couple hours. You might go to the field 3-4 times a year anywhere from a week to a month at a time. You will be called gay EVERY other MOS whether they are combat or not. Just be prepared for for the green weenie to fuck you!
>>
Are all recruitment offices incompetent or just mine?
Every step of the way there has been a cock up in some way.
>>
Any advice for becoming a Marine JAG, I already answered the basic recruiter questions and need to get in shape for OCS.

What workouts should I do?
>>
Got accepted on an officer track for submarines. Anyone got useful advice?

>inb4 lol it's going to suck kiddo
>>
>>33567898
I hope you're ready for some gay ass shit
>>
>>33567904

homo erotic undertones are never more fun than when they're a coping mechanism for a high stress enviroment
>>
>>33567837
My recruiter was pretty decent and got me the easy way out through some medical bullshit. What is your guy fucking up with?
>>
File: displeased hank.jpg (24KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
displeased hank.jpg
24KB, 512x384px
>>33567969
We're assigned personal recruiters in Canada, as far as I know, but the office I'm dealing with is such a shit show
Like at a basic fucking level, they never answer the phone. So I have to go in person if I want to talk to anyone
Which is frequently because whenever they email me saying that I have an appointment (e.g. interview, medical) the follow up email with the specifics never shows up. So I have to go in person to book a date.

Today I was in to give another instance of proof of my citizenship. They already have a copy of my birth certificate, my certification of citizenship, and my healthcare shit. I'm clearly a citizen

But no, they needed this stupid laminate card with my baby picture on it. The guy I ended up talking to didn't even know why I was requested to bring it in, but we filed it anyways.

I live in a big city so maybe they're purposefully incompetent to weed out the people who won't put in the extra effort.
>>
>>33563996
i'm worried about something like this as well, considering was diagnosed with meme depression so they could shill me drugs i never took.
>>
>>33568076
keep. on. lying.
I'm in the exact same boat and my recruiter said
"shut up and never talk about this to anybody ever again"
I swear my local office is enlisting full blown aspie spergs. You'll be fine.
>>
>>33567940
nice excuse gayboi
>>
HS senior here, went down to meps for the army, got DQ for acne decide i want to be a marine how can i get them my meps paper work?
>>
>>33568398
i had acne when i joined, yours must be pretty bad
>>
>>33568393

thanks bb
>>
>>33568440
"acne" is a general term for someone who lacks obvious hygiene.

buddy was a recruiter and he was telling me that often kids with really bad acne just refused to bathe or didn't do laundry etc... even extremely poor guys will at least wear clean-ish work clothes and deodorant. The true "drop them" cases were kids who smelled of actual human shit and piss or were so dirty that the head doc in the processing station is afraid of him spreading MRSA

either that or its so severe that he was literally bleeding and oozing pus.
>>
>>33568398
If you get DQd at meps you're dqd for all branches.
>>
File: 1489879768121.jpg (126KB, 1000x773px) Image search: [Google]
1489879768121.jpg
126KB, 1000x773px
Can I justify fighting in a war that might not actually be about defending the liberty of the USA but really about profits for corporations?
That's my major hang up for enlisting, I'm happy to go abroad and shisk the kabob but the idea of killing civilian families for some BS really irks me.
Has anyone else struggled with this issue? Is the only solution to just get over it and do whatever I'm told?
>>
>>33568487
ah okay
>>
>>33568530
You support the plutocrats at home anyways

If you don't like the idea of personally killing people for them, just don't go Army
>>
>>33568608
Being a tax paying citizen makes you complicit in the war anyways?
>>
>>33568487
Feelsbadman Doc told me it was cystic,looks like i'm just stinky
>>
>>33568625
Not just the taxes
Everything you do
It's all a web

You can pretend you're not complicit, but you are every time you ever buy something
>>
>>33568641
you tried not being a nasty thing and washing your face?
>>
>>33568642
So in the end it doesn't really matter if your the trigger man or not.
Interesting
>>
>>33568670
Of course i don't enjoy looking like a damn pizza. multiple clean and clear treatment, completely cut dairy. And all i want is to serve this great country
>>
>>33568743
stop being a female

you don't need all that shit on your face. stop picking at it and scratching, wash your face with mild soap and water twice a day and drink more water
>>
>>33563572
So my Marine Corps pool is going to this major once a year pool function. The Sergeant Major of the Chicago recruiting center will be there.
Anyone have any experience with? I'm really worrying because I'm not in shape yet. I don't want to be DQ'd for being a fatty despite not shipping out until October.
>>
>>33568882
why not put it off until tomorrow like you've been doing?
>>
>>33568743
>>33568773
Hell is say only use soap once a day and just rinse with water before bed.
But yeah seriously stop using a bunch of products.
I also found the more physically active I am the clearer my face is.
Idk maybe the sweat purges the pores from the inside out or something.
>>
>>33568398
Go to your derm
get accutane
use accutane for a couple months
your acne will then be gone
???
profit
>>
>>33569059
>rub more shit on your face
>>
>>33569133
Why would you rub a pill on your face?
>>
>>33569151
to intimidate it and show it whos the alpha so it knows better than to fuck with you
>>
How many credits to get E-3?
>>
>>33569363
how ever many an associates degree is

for army at least
>>
>>33568374
won't they throw you in the slammer for that shit or is that a meme?
>>
>>33570060
lol faulty enlistment is totally a fucking meme. theyre not gonna spend a bunch of money on you and then dump more money just to send ONE RECRUIT to the pokey for "not disclosing medical info"
Theyre gonna tell you to "pls go" and thats that
>>
>got hype as fuck during the little video ads they show at information sessions.

I think I'm getting too into this.
>>
My push ups, sit ups, and run time are reasonably ok (not at apft standards yet, but gradually improving). However, high intensity endurance stuff during DEP PT is killing me.

Will Army basic get me used to this, or will I just suffer and fall out of everything?
>>
File: 1425315659462.jpg (138KB, 782x591px) Image search: [Google]
1425315659462.jpg
138KB, 782x591px
Any reservists here?

How do you like it?
>>
>>33571232
No you will get better at that at basic
>>
>>33571378
>>33571174

Will the other privates and I be gradually introduced to that high intensity stuff, or will it just be hell right away and we'll get used to it?
>>
>>33571232
depends what youre going for

if you are infantry get in shape now
>>
>>33571318

It's a good move if your prospects for a high-paying civilian job are good.

If you're uneducated you'll end up underemployed in all likelihood - and should just go active to get the real experience.

Overall it's frustrating because nobody's super competent.
>>
>>33571543
Intel at a coed base, so not so much
>>
>>33571622
Is it worth reserving to avoid prolonged stays in the barracks?
>>
>>33569363
48 credit hours an associates degree
>>
>>33571704
Can you currently pass the IST? When do you ship?
>>
>>33571925
not currently. I'm at 30 push ups and have a 17:45 two mile. I ship in about a month and a half
>>
Has anyone suffered shin splints or running injuries while at boot camp / OCS?

I'm off to OCS in a couple months, and I'm not too worried about the PT but I have hurt my knees a couple times while pushing myself during longer runs (5-10k). If that happens during OCS am I basically fucked? Do I just run through the enhanced pain?
>>
>>33572075

You'll be fine as long as you keep going to PT.
>>
>>33572215
Awesome. Thank you
>>
>>33564865
Get some.
>>
File: General-William-Sherman.jpg (29KB, 472x591px) Image search: [Google]
General-William-Sherman.jpg
29KB, 472x591px
Are there actually people who go Infantry without understanding that they could possibly die?
>>
>>33572422
no, but there are a shit ton that think it'll never happen to them.
>>
>>33572422
better to die fighting with countrymen then die in a hospital bed at age 80
>>
>>33572451
I'm not knocking grunts, but flag covered boxes guy is.
>>
>>33572422
You could possibly die any day doing anything. Its not really a big deal. Yea its a slightly higher risk than most other jobs, but its still very rare.
>>
>>33563572
I had a Hypospadias repair when i was younger and my penis looks funny. Will need a waiver and will this prevent me from getting a ranger contract?
>>
>>33572798
*Will i need a waiver?
>>
File: L382fhC[1].jpg (66KB, 604x451px) Image search: [Google]
L382fhC[1].jpg
66KB, 604x451px
>>33564514
bumping this
>>
>>be me
>>stationed in Germany
>>friends deployed in Afghanistan
>>never going to go shoot ppl in the face in the Middle East because it's not my units mission
>>
>>33573921
dont worry m8

syria deployment soon.
>>
>>33573939
Not for me :-(
My battalions focus is elsewhere, that's just how the mission is set.
>>
>>33573954
are you 11B?
>>
I am planning on enlisting soon and I was wondering if jerking it to hentai, bestiality, and Shadbase will affect a security clearance?
>>
File: 1451367156150.png (279KB, 776x561px) Image search: [Google]
1451367156150.png
279KB, 776x561px
>>33567603
I dont recall details but if you enlist its pretty much -4 years or whatever off officer comission age limit. You could do imo but im just anon.
>>
Are furries allowed in the military? I honestly want to be a Marine officer, but I don't know if being a furry would be allowed.
>>
Just graduated navy boot. Ama
>>
File: enlisted cuck.jpg (177KB, 1080x1069px) Image search: [Google]
enlisted cuck.jpg
177KB, 1080x1069px
What's with enlisted personnel raising other militaryfag's kids?

Why don't officers have these same lifestyles?
>>
I'm interested in joining the Reserves for the supplemental income/school benefits.

I already have a 4 year degree, but I would like some extra financial assistance for pursuing a PhD.

Are the reserves worth it?
>>
>>33574756

Guard might be worth it depending on your state. Sometimes you can get huge assistance with state schools

The regular reserve GI Bill isn't going to help much with PhD costs though, and the "supplemental income" is negligible. To get the good GI Bill as a part-timer you have to deploy.
>>
>>33574611

My current CO has two stepkids, anon.

That said, officers make less poor marriage choices because they don't get cut a big fat check for being married like junior enlisted do.
>>
>>33574232
>>33574410

Nobody in the military cares what you beat off to.
>>
Just graduated Marine boot yesterday. If you wanna know any bullshit that goes on there I'll do my best to answer.
>>
>>33574880
thanks I'll look into it

PhD costs are usually much less than undergraduate degrees because they usually get their tuition waived and you have opportunities to do teaching assitantships.

The supplemental income would mostly just help with things like rent or food, so that I can spend more time with school stuff.
>>
>>33574978

Assuming you're talking about enlisting, you trade a weekend for a couple hundred bucks. It seems like a good deal until you actually do it.

Part-time officers get a decent check for their weekend, but they can't get away with only working on that weekend. As leaders, they're get called up during the rest of the month to do stuff (mainly paperwork) off the clock.
>>
>>33574468
What's your best tip to make it through
>>
>>33575130
Its boot. Just exist. No boot is hard.
>>
>>33575173
THIS
>>
File: 1491531486303.jpg (119KB, 1200x842px) Image search: [Google]
1491531486303.jpg
119KB, 1200x842px
Don't get rused.
>>
>>33572422
Statistically speaking there is more of a chance of me dying in a car accident on my way to work than dying in the Infantry.
>>
>>33575957
modern battles are won by intelligence and air superiority, infantry is just there to occupy land and secure it
>>
>>33576074
>modern battles are won by intelligence and air superiority
I guess that's why we have been losing so much recently.
>>
>>33576074
no
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
25KB, 480x360px
i have degenerative disc disease. i'm currently getting shots to fix it. I plan on enlisting when I'm better. would that be disqualifying for the army? could I get a waiver?
>>
I signed a contract for AECF. What am I in for?
>>
>>33576899
Were you too stupid to do nuke?
>>
>>33576899
I'll need a drug waiver for nuke. I signed AECF in case the waiver is denied. If it's accepted I'll likely switch to nuke.
>>
>>33577015
>>33576899
Meant to reply to your post
>>
88L a good job? Anyone heard anything about it or done it?
>>
>>33577507
good fucking luck finding an opening
>>
File: RIP Anastasia.jpg (370KB, 650x894px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Anastasia.jpg
370KB, 650x894px
I would deeply appreciate replies. Making a condensed post about a long ass subject.
Current age: 27 (Age limit 28. (29Reserves?)
Mixed race.
GED + college credits.
Teen: Diagnosed with depression because I did not tell the psychiatrist my mother had me visit I was actually just being abused at home by my elder brother. May have been prescribed meds/SSRI, and if I took them it was very short. Was never actually chemically depressed, felt immediately better after situation was resolved. Currently handle stress very well. Though the depression I think is mentioned elsewhere in old records relating to other stuff. (I was examining my records.)
Scoliosis: Diagnosed at age 15 with 15 degree left curve, currently 25+ degrees left thoracic(?) curve. No real pain. Curve is confirmed correctable somewhat with exercise. (Was exacerbated by a year where I was not able to exercise regularly, core muscles got weak.)
History of: Iliotibial Band Syndrome (Inflammation of bands in thighs/knees, MRI confirmed, possible scar tissue inside.)
Sprained wrists left+right from exercise.

Chronic joint pains on record for years. Resolved by losing weight and exercising. (Was obese, then /fit/, now a bit chubby working on fit again.) Pains might have been caused by diagnosed hyper-mobility though. Was prescribed Cymbalta for pains, but do not think I ever took it.

Attempting to enlist in Muhreens Reserve Military Police and continue current life. (Pls no bully, it is the only MOS for the unit.) MP policy specifically states that history of mental/neuro/emo issues are DQ and not waiverable as with other MOSs.

My dilemma: I do not know if I can get waivers for all of this combined, and/or clarify that the depression diagnosis was basically faulty. As well, getting an Age Waiver could be hard, even if I am able to get stellar fitness/ASVAB results by the time I need it.
I have considered lies, insofar as the old depression diagnosis goes, but I cannot hide physical things so well.
>>
>>33579102
Christ, I usually lurk so my post format is butchered. Sorry friends, just really trust you all more than other places I can ask.
>>
>>33579131
>>33579102

I'm not going to read that shit nor is anyone else. Call a recruiter. If you're scared, call an out of state one.
>>
>>33579102
Meps will not investigate your medical records unless you give them probable cause to do so.They only know what you tell them initially , so be consistent. Try to get a waiver for the things you cannot hide ie, scars from surgery. Everything else didn't happen. No idea about age.
>>
What's the best way to prepare my aptitude test and OASC?
(RAF)
>>
I look exactly like this fuck, already passed asvab with a 58. What are my chances of landing a combat role?
>>
>>33580005
>58
Nuke qualified 10/10
>>
>>33580013
Excuse me, what is nuke?
>>
>>33580065
Nuclear Engineer.

It's a meme job. Comes with an enlistment bonus of 100k but its an awful job with an extremely high suicide rate.
>>
>>33580133
Are the suicides mostly caused by stress during schooling/training or is the job itself just that terrible?
>>
>>33564752
AF here, can confirm this is true
>>
>>33580183

Buddy of mine was a nuke tech, you know how they say the military is long periods of border interrupted by occasional moments terror? Well being a nuke tech is LOOOONG periods of boredom with occasional moments of terror... Where you have to weld shut a breach in a nuclear reactor.
>>
File: milhouse - not a nerd.jpg (69KB, 417x593px) Image search: [Google]
milhouse - not a nerd.jpg
69KB, 417x593px
>>33580190
Pic related: The Air Force
>>
>>33580238
Did he ultimately regret going nuke or was the payoff worth it for him?
>>
Does Navy Intel(CTR) do anything cool
>>
>>33580261

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/architecture-and-engineering/nuclear-engineers.htm#tab-1

It's bad and getting worse.
>>
>>33580133
Ah, i see.
So, no combat for my agile, stealthy 115 pounds?

I believe i have pretty good aim too.
>>
File: 1343090862399.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1343090862399.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
I got a tattoo of a duck, will I be able to join the Marines?
>>
>>33580348

What type of duck is it?
>>
File: duck.jpg (39KB, 310x342px) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
39KB, 310x342px
>>33580398
>>
>>33580418
That's a rabbit
>>
>>33580418
That's a pretty big duck.
>>
>>33580418
lol you're fine.
>>
>>33580348
where on your body is it?
>>33580342
jesus, put some muscle on those bones mr skelly. Not just for the military.
>>>/fit/
>>
>>33580418

Could be considered a gang symbol at worst.
>>
>>33580245
>tfw
It hurts, but this is the best that a college dropout can hope for I guess
>>
>>33580425
>>33580433
>>33580434
>>33580442
Will my duck fit in?
>>
>>33580495
Im absolutely sure you'll see or meet other marines who come from the south and have fucking full hunting scenery/murals tatted on their back. Your duck will fit in gr8
>>
>>33580342
Do you even meet the weight to join at all? There's a minimum limit you know.
>>
>>33580326
What I'm gathering from that site is that the number of jobs in the nuclear field is shrinking. Did your friend struggle to find work in the field?
>>
>>33580610
Not the same anon, just posting what I know in statistics to add to the conversation.
>>
Is a polygraph required for 35f? My recruiter did my paperwork for me because I am a dumbfuck and also told me not to put anything down that wasn't on record.
>>
>>33580850
generally no. Only in rare circumstances like working under the nsa
>>
>>33580495
Why exactly do you have a duck tattoo?
>>
>>33580549
Probably not for combat roles. But army recruiter wanted me to sign anyway. They said i had a pretty good score on the asvab. Even mentioned NASA.

CO didn't like my weed habit though. So i didn't enlist. Their loss, since im not a fucking addict.

I Didn't follow through because i don't want to join the volutary torture victim club to be stuck on a desk job, i want to shoot fuckers in the face because im angry at life and i need to vent.
>>
So I'm 19 years old and I'm taking he ASVAB on Monday and MEPS and a psych eval down in Brooklyn on Wednesday. Any advice? (also I'm already done with my associates and will it factor into anything?)
>>
Whoa whoa whoa, am I understand National Guard retirement correctly?

>For 20 years of service, members receive 50 percent of the average of their highest 36 months of basic pay

Okay soooo..... let's say I do 20 years in the Guard, get a few deployment in. Let's say I make it to E-7.

Does this mean I'm looking at nearly $2k a month for the remainder of my years?
>>
>>33581199
If you go AF with an associates and a 6 year contract they will give you E3 to start with, so there's that.
4 year contract and you get E2
>>
>>33581221
For active duty soldiers, it is cut and dry like that.

National Guard retirement pay uses a more complicated and convoluted calculation method.

http://myarmybenefits.us.army.mil/Home/Benefit_Library/Federal_Benefits_Page/Retired_Pay.html?serv=243
>>
>>33581270
>6 year contract
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, I'll fucking pass.
>>
>>33567047
25s, 25k for 4 years
>>
>>33581056
Duck is the ace of land, sea, and the air. A true master of its own destiny.
>>
>>33581282
Hey man, some of us don't mind serving our countries for an extra two years if it's gonna put a few grand into our pocket. No need to be a bully
>>
I have astigmatism, how would this effect me in enlistment?
>>
>>33581378
Depends on how bad it is and what role you're looking for.

For reference I got cleared to join the ADF commandos, who are a SF unit despite needing glasses.
I'm not sure you're gonna be able to do shit like fighter pilot but ayy who cares about the chair force.
>>
>>33567047

>68N
>40,000
>suck it
>>
>>33581461
>40,000
Over how many years?
>>
>>33581378
I had it and got it waivered no problem
>>
File: Major Steuber.png (145KB, 252x292px) Image search: [Google]
Major Steuber.png
145KB, 252x292px
>>33579368
I can't imagine causing probable cause through any means. I do not tell anyone about this stuff either, so I do not have a habit of slipping my tongue.
Seems like it writes off TSC though, unless I pull off some godly paperwork shufflings. I was interested in Intelligence since it sounds like a pretty cool and autismo job.
I want to be honest with everything, but this is a lot of shit to work through if I'm going to prove I was misdiagnosed for just life circumstances and am okay. Thank you though, at least I'm glad I looked through my old paperworks.
>>
Thinking of joining the National Guard for field artillery. Good idea or nah?
>>
>>33581523
>>
>>33581605
Branch?
>>
>>33581691

What state? What do you want to actually do with your life?
>>
File: 1400898585964.jpg (146KB, 950x684px) Image search: [Google]
1400898585964.jpg
146KB, 950x684px
What would happen if the draft gets reinstated? Would people get assigned an MOS or would you be able to select one like if you were to enlist?
>>
>>33563572
Any point trying to get waiver for assburgers?
>>
>>33581889
Kentucky, I'm 21, work for a utility company and I just want something more
>>
signing up for MACP and was wondering about logistics. my wife and i are the same MOS but I'm airborne qualified and going to RASP and she is at at strategic/non-tactical unit. how would that work, exactly? i know that the army tries to move the couples to the same base, but how would that work with regiment? i know if I'm V coded they'd never put me at a nontactical unit, much less let me out of batt. would they just opt to give us separation pay?

is ricky still alive?
>>
DO NOT BECOME AN MP
DO NOT BECOME A 2LT.

If you wanna kill assholes, just enlist as infantry. Fuck this shit.
>>
File: starshiptroopers.jpg (41KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
starshiptroopers.jpg
41KB, 640x350px
>>33581899
If you're drafted, it's "Needs of the Army" or whatever branch you get stuck in. Similar to an open contract.

Volunteering lets you decide where you go, and gives you a little control over what you might do, but if it's wartime and shit has gotten desperate enough to revive the draft, the demand for intel weenies and REMFs is pretty low.
>>
I can't join the military because I have diabetes (which is controled by diet and exercise, no meds required) and thyroid disorder (that needs medication).

How should I kill myself since I will never be able to join?
>>
>>33582806
Yes, life isn't worth living if you aren't shitting inna desert portajohn, hoorah.
>>
>>33582854
my man. someone who understands me.
>>
>>33574936
How are the recruits there? Is there a lot of chads? Just want to know if I will feel lonely being the only Dungeons & Dragons fag there.
>>
File: 1463348858045.png (210KB, 379x345px) Image search: [Google]
1463348858045.png
210KB, 379x345px
I've heard some max comfy stories out of Air National Guard, is it true there are still plenty of open slots for aspiring jet pilots or is that a meme and will I end up being security if I do ANG
>>
File: gestapo.jpg (54KB, 736x568px) Image search: [Google]
gestapo.jpg
54KB, 736x568px
>>33582806
Dress like pic related in a ghetto neighborhood and start shouting German-sounding gibberish.
>>
Any tankers on here?
>>
>>33583049
Are you one? I'm looking to become one but I'm afraid I'll just get sweet talked by a recruiter while he makes sign up for tactical desk jockey
>>
What can I do with intel experience from the Air Force reserves?
>>
>>33583124
They can't give you anything you dont sign for. Put your foot down right away and they will realize they shouldnt waste their time on you.
>>
>>33584151
Yeah but how do I say it? Should I just go along the lines of "unless I'm going be a tanker I'm leaving"?
>>
>>33584342
yes, the recruiter tries to put you where they need you the most, not where you want to go
>>
>>33580433
For you.
>>
>>33584342

In my experience here is what helped me get infantry with no trouble and a 96 asvab score.

>Tell them your desired MOS on day 1 when they ask why you want to join
>Ask to start filling out the paperwork before you even schedule an ASVAB date
>Research on your own, don't ask a lot of questions
>Only speak to the recruiter when you are advancing your enlistment process

Basically, show confidence early and they won't try to walk all over you. Once you're in the DEP you can be all buddy buddy with them at weekly PT but before that, it's all business.
>>
>>33584500
To expand on the first point. Never mention another MOS at all or show any interest if your recruiter tries to steer the conversation toward one.

You don't need to be an asshole about it, simply saying "I want to join the army as a 19K" or whatever MOS will get you a much different response than "I'm thinking about joining the army."
>>
>>33574468
I'm supposed to swear in next week for Navy. How long did you wait to ship? What kind of shape were you in before you left? How is daily PT?

I can currently do 40 sit ups in two minutes, around 25-30 push ups and run a mile in 11 minutes...would I have a hard time?
>>
>>33582013
There are plenty of V coded folks assigned outside of combat arms; nobody is forced to stay in Batt either, you volunteer for selection, and you then you volunteer every day following that. If you want out, nobody is going to stop you because there are plenty of folks who want to be wearing a Scroll.

Aside from that, there plenty of units your wife could be assigned to that are in proximity to any of the Batts.

I just got back CONUS, so I'm about ready to go to bed.
>>
Is 4 months enough time to get into PT stud shape? I'm a weakling.
>>
Can anyone give some info on the Australian gap year and leadership requirements for an army officer route?
I wanna have a go at the officer year and stick around in reserves but i'm a sperg so doubt i can, but that is mostly with regular social shit like making friends and being with strangers, in situations where i'm in charge of a project or know the people i do pretty well communicating and organising
>>
When you go for a waiver is it the branch or the DOD that actually issues it?

Like if meps dq'd me trying to join the Army and wouldn't give me a waiver so I talk to the Marines, is it the Marines or the DOD that actually issues the waiver?
>>
>>33584720
yes
>>
Joining the Airforce, got armament systems, what's this job like?
>>
>>33584757
branch
>>
>>33583473
Pls respond
>>
>>33584700
you're the man, thanks for the quick reply

I'm at benning now lets go get hammered and watch the end of the best ranger comp lol
>>
>>33585141
You get a job in the Marines as their chief of intelligence.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490718305317.jpg (41KB, 415x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490718305317.jpg
41KB, 415x960px
3 years ago I was wrongly accused of possessing marijuana by the police (I had no marijuana on me or in my vehicle), and was arrested. My case was dismissed by the judge within seconds of my being in court, and the officers recieved disciplinary action for arresting me despite not having comitted a crime. LEOs and oper8rs of /k/, will this bullshit show up when I attempt to get a SECRET clearance?
>>
>>33584700
Missed you, Iceman.
>>
>>33586788
It likely won't even affect a TS.
>>
>>33586788
It'll show up, but won't need a waiver or anything since you were 100% in the right.
>>
>>33586788
Only if you try to lie about it. This is the rare case where telling them will actually help you.
>>
>>33581795
Army
>>
>>33583473
>What can I do with intel experience from the Air Force reserves?

Go to college and get a degree with the GI Bill.
>>
Is it possible to change a DEP date? Just wondering, in case I can go at a sooner date.
>>
>>33588244
What sort of civilian jobs does that experience open the door for?
>>
>>33589191
Yes, nothing is final until you actually ship.
>>
How does a non american gets to join the line of duty?
>>
Is it possible to go straight into active service as an Army flight warrant officer or is there a TIS requirement?
>>
>>33589499
You need to be a permanent resident. I'm actually sitting down looking at how to file for citizenship after I ship out next month. Lel.
>>
Is anyone preparing for the APFT, if so how?
>>
>>33589951
Run
Pushups
Situps
>>
>>33582925

If you aint Active Duty, you aint shit.
>>
>>33563572
Thinking about joining the army and trying for 35m.
Any one have and experience/insight with this MOS. Thanks.
>>
>>33590001
It's becoming language dependent again. if you have a natural aptitude for languages you'll be good. If not, language school will be a bitch.
>>
>>33590043
I dont think i will have a problem, in fact I am excited to learn a new language. I was thinking Russian bc of things that have happened recently.
>>
>>33590076
you don't get to pick. You're probablt getting arabic, farsi, or mandarin
>>
>>33590096
Ahh okay, thanks for the info. If i have learned some before hand, can i get a better chance to get Russian?
>>
>>33590129
Unless you're a fluent (see: native) speaker, no.
>>
Air Force cyber officer select heading to OTS in three days if anyone has any questions about the application and board process.
>>
>>33582925

In the ANG, and specifically to be a guard officer, you apply for specific jobs. If you aren't selected for that job then you don't have to get thrown into like security forces or something.

There are quite a few pilot spots available all over the country if you google around. The only thing is that the guard likes to hire experienced professionals, not kids out of college; they want people who are already pilots for like airlines and such with thousands of hours in the seat - that is why those spots stay open for so long.

>>33589981

If you ain't active duty then you probably ain't poor.

You know how I can tell you're in the air force? You capitalize "Active Duty" for some reason like the rest of those mouth-breathers.
>>
>>33590970
I've been looking into cyber roles in the army just out of curiosity. I'm older (33) and have been in software engineering and securities for about 8 years. Would I get anything out of enlisting?
>>
>>33590970
What can someone with intel experience do after the military?
>>
>>33590999
Waste of trips to bully the Air Force. Best bases and best career opportunities post service.
>>
>>33563572
What branch will give me the best chance to see action in this upcoming Syria war, marines or army?
>>
>>33591029
FYI 35 is the cutoff,

>>33582925
unless you have quite a lot of flight hours already, and several pilot ratings, chances of you getting a jet slot are extremely miniscule. additionally, most guard pilots fly the transport heavies, not jets.

but, yes there are a lot of pilot slots open across all branches atm.

>>33583473
>>33591032
human resources, private contracting, FBI/federal police work, higher level security stuff for businesses, maybe? if you had old coworkers who retired, hit em up and ask.
>>
>>33591115
This is why people hate your retarded ass
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_United_States_Air_Force_nuclear_weapons_incident
kek
>>
>>33589331
>What sort of civilian jobs does that experience open the door for?

It depends on what you mean by intel.

GEOINT analyst, SIGINT analyst, HUMINT collector, All Source Analyst, Cyber Defense, etc.?

Those all are different jobs.

It's also going to depend on what you actually do while you're in. In general the school house for any MOS is garbage and you're going to really learn your job once you get out of TRADOC. So it depends on the unit you go to, the deployments you do, the TDYs you do, what extra MOS related (and unrelated) training you get.
>>
>>33589500
When I was going through Huachuca recruiters came to our class one day while we were in formation to go to the chow hall and asked for volunteers to flight warrant officer school.

>>33591389
I forgot, you're also very likely going to need a civilian education just to get your application looked at as a federal civilian. Sometimes that applies as a contractor but it depends on what your specific type of and level of experience is. As a general rule civilian education is a plus.
>>
>>33585033
lol
>>
>>33591452
So is it a good job field or does it suck? Be more specific to the guy.
>>
Drunk USAF nonner here, ask any Air Force or nonner related questions.
>>
>>33591029

No, if you're wanting to advance your career as a computer scientists or security person then there is no reason to join the military as an enlisted person or officer.

Just keep doing what you're doing, go to college if you haven't.

>>33591032

That isn't a question for me.
>>
>>33591115

Every branch has all the same jobs save for a handful of specialties, way to parrot misinformation though.
>>
Hey gents. Heading to recruiters tomorrow.

Looking at OCS but can't decide if I want to go Navy or Army. When I imagine myself doing shit in the forces I imagine myself either trying out for Rangers or doing fuck knows on a ship in Asia.

I like the idea of the Navy more for it's travel opportunities, but I don't like that there are far less combat roles.
I don't know if I would ever be physically capable of going full SEAL mode. So it seems like I would miss out.
I'm sure with my degree and experience in management and econ Army would like to have me more, seeing as how Navy is far more technical.

Anyone have any advice for my big day?
>>
>>33581221
This dude is great. I see his shit on Instagram all the time.

I love his responses to trolls
guy 1- "Iraq is gay FUCK JIHADIS"
Swatiraqi - "Fuck bitch you! IRAW SQATI we fight stupid ISIL guys for power we kill him HAHAHA, AMerica brothers fight together you cow shit pussy, we win Swatstyle"
>>
>>33591133
Is there a better way to find related work than just poking around USAjobs and what not? Or is it less of a crapshoot?
>>33591389
>It depends on what you mean by intel
I was mostly thinking HUMINT, GEOINT, and all source analysis
>it depends what unit you go into
How about the 192n intelligence squadron of the VA ANG?
>>
>>33591571
Officers ain't going to see combat lad
>>
>>33591752

It is interesting how seals running around in the field in movies are always like lt commanders.

I think hollywood just likes uniforms with shiny stuff and cool sounding ranks. I guess po2 doesn't sound good enough for a main character.
>>
>>33591752
Buddy of mine is a Ranger. He's O-2. Are you telling me if shit kicked off he wouldn't be in combat?
>>
Do 68Ws deal with more or less shit than other infantry jobs?
>>
>>33591492
>nonner
what's a nonner? is it like need of or undesignated

How often do you PT after getting to your station or unit?

What's your schedule like? I've heard some jobs are like working two 12s then two off, three 12's then three off, other jobs are 8 hours a day, ect

Is the USAF handling the waivers they recently announced or is it going to be a while before it kicks in?
>>
>>33592098
less shit coming from command, more from your dumbass soldiers.
>>
>>33592102

Faggy air force clique name for people who don't directly support sorties.

Basically, the people in the shittiest jobs of the air force call everyone else nonners. It is like the air force version of the pog thing.

It is hilarious because everyone in the air force is unaware that people outside of their branch have no idea what they're talking about, and if they were to tell others then they'd get made fun of for all being pogs.

>inb4 but muh tacp
>>
>>33592024

An O-2 in regiment is among the most likely of officers to see direct action. That said, the answer is still probably not.
>>
>>33592024
regiment or ranger tabbed? 2 completely different things
>>
>>33592260

That is what I was going to ask.

My cousin is an sfc who went to the little ranger school but he is an mp. It is a big no-no in the army to try and represent yourself as something you're not.
>>
>>33592260
>>33592280
Honestly don't know for sure. I know his rank. I know that he's a Ranger. That's about it. He might be tabbed. I know he went to OCS. Don't know exactly what he did for his MOS. But he finished up Airborne school and then last I heard he went to Ranger school and supposedly passed.
Whether he's in a regiment or tabbed can't say for sure. Havn't spoken to him in over a year and got this last bit of info from his father who goes to my gym.
So if he's Tabbed, and an O-2 does that mean he can't serve with a regiment?
>>
>>33592353
Also just to clarify I don't know if he's in the 75th. No idea. SO if he's not. then I guess he's tabbed.
>>
>>33592102
>what's a nonner? is it like need of or undesignated
Nonner means you don't make sorties, i.e. you don't work on the flight line or you're not aircrew.
I do... computer stuff. 3D1X2 but it's a strange assignment for my AFS.

>How often do you PT after getting to your station or unit?
Usually three times a week, do what you want in the gym.

>What's your schedule like? I've heard some jobs are like working two 12s then two off, three 12's then three off, other jobs are 8 hours a day, ect
When I'm not doing ops, I work 7:30-4:30, PT time built in. When I'm working ops, I do 10 hour shifts, no PT.

I'm not sure what waivers you're referring to, and I'm not a recruiter so I probably don't know, but I might be able to ask my AFRS buddy and find out.

>>33592135
You're not wrong. It's how the MX people feel better about their lives.

95% of the AF is POGs, but it shouldn't bother you because your job still contributes to the mission.
Unless your personnel/finance, then you're job is to take 2 hour lunches and fuck up everyone's pay.
>>
>>33592353
>>33592380
Getting tabbed is basically a requirement for any infantry officer. He's almost 100% not in the regiment.
Do you know where he's based?
>>
>>33584750
Bump
>>
>>33592353
>he went to Ranger school
Then he absolutely is not in the regiment.
Ranger School is nothing more than a leadership course.

RASP (Ranger Assessment and Selection Program) is the course to get into the 75th Ranger Regiment.
>>
>>33592393

>95% of the AF is POGs, but it shouldn't bother you because your job still contributes to the mission.

It is just American culture. We're all supposedly on the same team but you're also encouraged to step on the neck of your neighbor and downplay the contributions of others.

It is that "me me me" thing that is a part of our socialist-capitalist culture.
>>
>>33568049
Montreal?
>>
>>33592413
Georgia. So I'm assuming Ft. Benning.
>>
>>33592591
hmm. He actually might be in the regiment then, the 75th has two battalions in Georgia.
>>
>>33592616

There's quite a few Army posts in Georgia. I still wouldn't bet on it.
>>
>>33592591
regardless of whether hes in regiment or not, PL's are not considered a fighting force. they are c2 and are the ones who make the decision for doorkickers to go in.

in today's conflicts a pl will still be unlikely to face down the enemy.
>>
Had a few bouts of costochondritis (inflammation of ribcage cartilage) for a year or two over 5 years back, like 2009-2011 period or so I think.
It is on record. Think I was just prescribed Ibuprofen and exercise for it.
Any way this could muck with me? Would it shoot chances for waivers on other medical stuff?
>>
>>33592636
I don't know. I gotta talk to his dad next time I see him at the gym. That being said, Any reason I should choose Navy over Army? Like I said, I'm leaning towards Army, but I like Navy for it's special chugga chugga travel.
And I'm definitely trying to get into OCS. I took a half assed ASVAB online and got a 82. Without studying basic highschool shit in over 6 years.
I can pass PT for sure as well. Don't know what I would score though.
58 pushups
51 crunches
(This is without me making an adjustment or taking a breather, just one solid go, so I can probably do better)
Run time 7 minute mile for the first mile. All in all about 14:30 for 2 miles. Definitely gotta improve on that.

I'm just not too sure what else I can do for work i n the military, and someone told me I should just do reserves but fuck that. I'm poor and bored.
>>
>>33592664
What in the world? Broksi, PLs might not be leading the way into doors, but "unlikely to face down the enemy" is just silly talk. They integrate into the platoons and take just as much fire as anybody else. Infantry Lts on a deployment take part in as much combat as their platoon takes part in.

When you start looking at Captains is when you see guys who go out more rarely, but even then they get a decent amount of face time. Above Captain is when they fly desks 24/7.
>>
>>33574936
Gilpatrick?
>>
>>33592702
>take just as much fire as anybody else

they dont though.

their role in combat is not the same as a grunt's

im not trying to take away from the value of an officer but if you want to be a hardxcore commando you dont do it by going officer
>>
>>33591427
How long ago was that?
>>
>>33592732
If a platoon is on a movement and gets shot at, the fire doesn't really discriminate. Just because an officer is on a radio and is talking to a PSG instead of shooting doesn't mean he isn't still getting shot at. The meme that a Lt on a deployment is less likely than his troops to see the enemy is so fucking silly.
>>
>>33593063

The lt is in the coc, derpy.
>>
File: 1468995905751.jpg (176KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468995905751.jpg
176KB, 1280x1024px
Do you get to choose whether you can be a line medic or hospital medic? Would having airborne in my contract increase my chances of being a line medic?
>>
>>33593092
I mean I only did multiple deployments with Lts moving with the platoon and directing it on a daily basis, but yeah. Hallucination, I guess.
>>
>>33593092
>coc

So what if they are chain of command? The bullets don't magically just bend around them.
>>
>>33593140

If you say so, never happened on a deployment I've been on.

I'm sure all sorts of overzealous kids out of college were doing all kinds of wacky things because they wanted their cars and cibs... I believe you.

>>33593152

Cp then, some people call it a coc.
>>
File: 1432863816421.jpg (51KB, 399x582px) Image search: [Google]
1432863816421.jpg
51KB, 399x582px
Should I reserve in the Marines for two years while I get my Bachelor's degree and then go active duty?
>>
>>33593330
>degree then active duty
Are we talking enlisted or Officer?
>>
>>33593478
Enlisted. I don't plan to make a career out of it.
>>
>>33593510
Let's lay this out.
>get through uni, have a degree in engineering/comp sci/whatever
>enlist for 3-5 years
>maybe do something related to your degree, maybe not
>get out and have to recertify in everything
>also no GI bill for undergrad

What are we trying to do?
Enlist then uni gives GI bill.
Uni then enlist gives...?
If you're getting an accounting or physics degree, that shouldn't expire, but it may still hurt you competing against other college grads unless it was related what you did while enlisted.

What's the thinking here?
>>
>>33593579
Most likely enlisting to pay off student loans. That's not uncommon.
>>
>>33593619
Bingo. I figured I would enlist and then pay off debts using loan forgiveness and use the GI bill towards my Master's.

I take it it's better to just enlist with an associates and tackle the Bachelor's after?
>>
Will I be able to see my GF while at OCS? BOLC? Ranger school?
>>
I'm joining the Navy, leaving soon to be a corpsman.

>How is bootcamp and should I be worried as a younger guy who is in very average physical shape?

>I will try to get an FMF contract , or however that works. How is being a corpsman with the marines?
>>
>>33593029
>How long ago was that?

>>33591665
>How about the 192n intelligence squadron of the VA ANG?

Unless you deploy your experience will be worthless.

>I was mostly thinking HUMINT, GEOINT, and all source analysis

You're going to need a civilian education to continue working after you get out. Even more so if you're going Natty Guard or Reserve and don't get an actual deployment under your belt.
>>
>>33593261
>Cp then, some people call it a coc.

I've never heard anyone call a command post or check point a chain of command.
>>
>>33593889
no to the first and last
>>
>>33594027

Everywhere I've been used it interchangeably in the sense that it was where the people in the coc were, so it was the coc.

I've been in since 2001 though, lots of shit has changed over the last nearly two decades.
>>
>>33593976
>Unless you deploy your experience will be worthless
I won't be able to deploy while taking classes. I guess I won't be joining
>>
Which of the various USAF MOS offer the best post military career options? I'd honestly love to fly but I have low magnification glasses and little college time, it's shooting for the stars but I'll give it my best shot regardless. No I haven't talked to a recruiter yet.
>>
>>33594402
Any AFSC with a top secret or above clearance, contractor work pays big money depending on what you do.
>>
>>33593152
They dont?
fuck, i gotta call my recruiter, the lying dirtbag.
>>
File: 1489002435191_1.jpg (151KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489002435191_1.jpg
151KB, 768x1024px
If we do go to war with assad/russia, how likely is it I can get in with a waiver for a childhood mental illness diagnosis if I get a therapist to say I don't have it as an adult?
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.