[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Killed in action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How do i stop worrying about dying when im in the military?
>>
>>33562535
quit or don't sign up

Why do you think the ones that join have no paths left in life?

They don't worry about dying, they hope for it
>>
>>33562535
Don't enlist.
>>
File: 1487280287013.jpg (30KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1487280287013.jpg
30KB, 600x549px
>>33562535
Come to terms with it man. It's just part of the job. Well unless you're a fucking pog that is.
>>
>>33562535
The rule of the thumb says one has to be stupid enough to join them in the first place.
If he does that he probably cant see further than his nose so the death doesn't look like anything more than idea.
>>
I already enlisted. I ship to basic soon as army infantry. Why am i so worried about a job? Can any combat vets shed some light on how to just oper8?
>>
>>33562607
Watch out for PTSD,be sure to tell everyone that you served for your country and they give you a discount.
>>
>>33562607
Not military but if I had to guess how to survive and not dying in a third world shithole I'd do my job, don't take unecessary risks, remember my training and again, just do my fucking job.

I'm sure once you're wherever you're supposed to be after basic there'll be people in your unit for you to rely on and keep you safe
>>
>>33562535
Join a better MOS.
>>
Catch 22

If you aren't afraid of dying and want to go to war you're fucking crazy and should be discharged.

Admitting you're afraid of dying and asking to be discharged to avoid war is proof that you are sane and thus you cannot be discharged.
>>
>>33562653
Im in for 4 years so I'll have to wait
>>
>>33562675
Why does this make sense?
>>
>>33562535
Basically there seem to be two schools of thought:
1. It ain't gonna happen to me (because unlikely, or I'm 18 and think that I am gonna live forever etc) -> hence no reason to worry.
2. I'm pretty much guaranteed to die anyway (apparently pretty common thing in long military conflicts) -> no reason to worry anymore.

...and rest of poor bastards keep worrying.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.