[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question on attaching a rifle scope to a AR-15.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: Bushmaster 90940.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Bushmaster 90940.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
So /k/ I had a question on how to attach a rifle scope to a Bushmaster XM-15 M4 A3 rifle (order number 90940 for the type) pic. is it. So I have a new rifle scope, including the rings etc for it, that I want to put on it in place of the red dot with no magnification scope, that came with it. The problem is that the front sight sticks up in the way. There doesn't seem to be any way to remove it, other than changing the upper, i that correct? If so, are my choices then either hacksaw off the post, or spend a bunch of money on a new upper? This is on a new un-fired gun, that has sat in the box since being purchased a couple of years ago, so has no wear and tear on the barrel already. If I go the hacksaw route, do I just spray paint the shiny spots with some flat black gas grill paint, or would there be something else better to put on it.

No this isn't bait, serious question. Am new to AR-15's, and trying to get it set up to shoot.

Thanks for any help/advice /k/ can offer.
>>
File: 1489548993371.jpg (155KB, 700x729px) Image search: [Google]
1489548993371.jpg
155KB, 700x729px
This is bait.

Learn to use the irons first.
They make scope rings that are raised for it.
Use goggles.
>>
>>33561578
>Option 1
>buy rings to actually put the scope at eye level and the front sight will just be a barely noticeable shadow at low power

>Option 2
>hacksaw the front sight post and now the stock is too high for proper cheek rest, you'll be looking through the top half of the scope
>>
>>33562303
Thanks. Any suggestion of something better than grill paint for covering over the cut marks? Is the only thing can think of that's higher heat and a full black.
>>
File: IMG_1124.jpg (657KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1124.jpg
657KB, 1632x1224px
>>33561988
And no, not bait. Pic is the scope I got on the right, with high scope rings. Have never mounted a scope onto a rifle before, so don't really know what am doing on it, that is why I came here for help.

How high off the gun should the scope be then? Manual for the scope said lowest rings you can use, that allow it to clear the gun without touching it, is what you should use, and that's what I got, but then the post sight does interfere with the line of sight of the scope.
>>
How about you try putting this shit together first and look through it before hacking up your sight? The front sight will probably not even be an issue.

I have a 4x optic on a carry handle ar with a fixed front and all you see of the fsb are these comically narrow gray lines at the very bottom of the view. You have to go out of your way to look for them.
>>
>>33564371
I did put it together, looks a bit blurred, although not terribly, on lower magnification.
>>
File: 1452689797195.png (567KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1452689797195.png
567KB, 1024x768px
>>33564883
Well then I guess you have your options and information you need:

1. keep it as is and deal with it
2. hacksaw off the fsb, it will look like ass but work for your purposes
3. buy a new upper with a lowpro gasblock
4. get a free float rail/forearm for this ar, lowpro gasblock and install it yourself

That is all the information you need. Get thee to google fgt.
>>
>>33561578
Nigger just get taller scope rings, they make them for this purpose. Or get a low profile gas block, it's held in by two pins basically.
>>
>>33564038
Look up what sight co-witnessing is. I don't think people generally do that with an actual scope though. Haven't used glass before. I'm fairly /newguns/
>>
>>33561578
Look into a Burris PEPR mount, nake sure its the right size for your scope (either 30mm or 1")
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.