[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Namibia Farmstead: Defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: farmstead.jpg (218KB, 778x518px) Image search: [Google]
farmstead.jpg
218KB, 778x518px
Realistically, how would you defend a small town that would be largely isolated from outside assistance in the African countryside of Namibia?

Mind you, the firearm laws while being "permissive" to Africa, are "restrictive" by American standards.

>Semi Auto and Automatic rifles are prohibited
>shotguns, bolt action, and pistols are fine
>each individual is limited to 4 firearm permits
>no limit on ammunition

What would be the best load out for the average farmer/towns person? 2 rifles, 1 shotgun, 1 handgun?
>>
>>33561316
1 rifle, 1 shotgun, 2 handguns.

Specifically the handguns will be one full sized and one concealed carry, whether you're allowed to or not since Africa is fucked, but in case you need to do anything worth a long trip to civilization. This way you're always armed.

Bolt actions would have to be, could supplement with lever actions but, you know.
>>
>>33561316
How do they define semi auto?
If its british standards where you can have a straight pull semi auto that trips the bolt release with a trigger reset then youre fine.

Otherwise:
Glock with 33 round mags (maybe a roni stock if thats kosher)
Mossberg MVP/Other detachable mag 308
>>
>>33561357
The gun laws are a bit vague as most of Africa adopted the same Firearm Laws in 1996 as encouraged by the UN. I do not know for certain if lever action are permitted though if so that would a good alternative as well.

I don't recall conceal carry laws, though I believe firearm permit holders may open carry outside of federal buildings in Namibia.

>>33561363
>How do they define semi auto?

It's rather vague as they use the term "weapons of war." The few online photos of gun stores in Namibia contain Hunting Rifles, Shotguns, and pistols. Granted Big Game hunting is the main reason for firearm ownership so that may be the reason other rifles are less common, though it does seem that anything resembling an AR or AK is prohibited.

IIRC the Semi-auto ban only applies to long guns, not handguns.
>>
>>33561405
Well if they allow open carry, I'd still give the option to conceal carry, never know about personal business rules and of course, not drawing attention to yourself.
>>
>>33561456
Agreed. Better to avoid telegraphing your ability to defend yourself. If things every get off the ground and I make a trip out to Namibia, it would be alone and unarmed the first time or two.
>you need at least a 4month visa to purchase a firearm
>Visas over 3months are only granted to students, workers, and residents

Though when land is purchased and a business established, then firearms permits can be obtained. And always being armed would be the plan as well as traveling in groups with others once they arrived.
>>
I would say probably 1 bolt action or lever action (either rifle rounds in a box mag or high power pistol rounds in a tube mag) per person, one pump action 12 gauge per person, and a pair of pistols- a larger double stack for general use, and a single stack concealed carry.

Are stocked pistols allowed? Any limits on magazine sizes? Stocked pistols with extended mags would work great if people get too close or within the town itself.
>>
>>33561547
>Are stocked pistols allowed?
I'm going to assume no, as they'd likely consider that a semi auto rifle.

>Any limits on magazine sizes?
Not that I am aware of. I was thinking that bolt action rifles would work well for watch towers and then pistols/shotguns for inside the town itself. If there isn't a limit on magazine size then I agree, extended mags would be great.

The full 1996 Firearm Law PDF is here. It is a long read and rather ambiguous on some points.

http://www.lac.org.na/laws/1996/1338.pdf
>>
>>33561504
Wait are you actually planning on buying property in Ebolaland?
>>
File: namibia ebola chances.jpg (32KB, 567x331px) Image search: [Google]
namibia ebola chances.jpg
32KB, 567x331px
>>33561656
>Ebolaland

Well, partly because it's one of the few regions in Africa completely void of Ebola. It's a stable Democratic country, the Namibian dollar is pegged 1:1 with the South African Rand, their laws protect the rights of private property to citizens and foreign nationals, they have an incentive program that encourages foreign investment, their constitution forbids unwarranted land seizures (AKA, no Mugabe stealing from white farmers), it's one of the least populated countries on earth. Oh and English is the Primary language.

Perfect place to make a small farming community for those that are interested in building something from nothing.

http://www.ebolahub.com/namibia/
>>
>>33561316
smuggle in the good shit from boers in the cape, raise a militia, eject all nig nogs in the southwest of the country and declare the new oranje state
>>
>>33561728
No. Not looking to spend the next 30 years in Namibian jail.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6937396.stm
>>
>>33561711
>Ebolaland
I was very specifically talking about Africa in general. Play up Manibia all you want, it's still a piece of slightly nicer shit on a mountain of turds.
>>
>>33561802
Never said it was perfect. Europe isn't what it used to be, the European Union regularly neuters the joined countries' gun laws, immigration to America is difficult for anyone outside our borders, South America is a mixture of Favela, cocaine, drug lords, and communism/fascism. Any country within 300 miles of Russia or China lives life looking over their shoulder. The Baltic and Easter European states change borders every 10 years.

You can buy decent arable land in Namibia for close to 50 dollars an acre, enjoy the basic amenities of America in the Capital, get all the resources you need shipped in through South Africa, enjoy being in the top 5 safest countries in the region, and enjoy being left alone to the best of your own ability.

I like it, you don't. Nothing wrong with ether of us feeling as such.
>>
>>33561852
Oh you're from Europe, that makes sense, one shithole to another lol.

Proud to be an American.
>>
Lee-Enfield and Webley
>>
>>33561711
>Perfect to go get murdered in the middle of the night by darkies
>>
File: population density namibia.jpg (115KB, 1017x777px) Image search: [Google]
population density namibia.jpg
115KB, 1017x777px
>>33561922
>anyone outside our borders

No, I was referring to the difficulty of people outside of America to come here. I'm Proud to be an American as well but it feels like our entire nation has lost any all motivation we once had. Manifest destiny, American Dream, Explorers and Settlers, that's what we used to be. Now we're just...waiting. I've grown tired of waiting, I want to start doing something again.

>>33561940
This is a solid vintage answer.

>>33561950
If you get murdered in a country with an average population density of 2 people per square mile you deserve it.

Especially when the average local is too poor to own a firearm and you're living in a walled community consisting entirely of armed people, which is the basis of this entire thread.
>>
>>33561316
Rifle: Lee-Enfield assuming you can find the ammo for it
Shotgun: Mossberg 500
Pistol: Glock 17 because high magazine capacity

And 1 other gun of your choice.
>>
>>33561940
>Lee Enfield
>Not her majesty's glorious Martini Henry
It's almost like you don't know how to remove Zulu.
>>
File: remington_7615p.0.jpg (19KB, 544x169px) Image search: [Google]
remington_7615p.0.jpg
19KB, 544x169px
>>33561316

What would be the best load out for the average farmer/towns person?
>primary: Remshit police pumps in 223 and/or 308
>secondary: Glock 17

>a few guys with well scoped 300wm/338wm rifles for primary
>secondary: Glock 17

imo shotguns are too slow, ammo is too heavy and cumbersom to be useful.
>>
>>33561974
>I want to start doing something again.

Like moving to a shithole?
>>
>>33561996
>nobody rates post

;_;
>>
>>33561990
Colour Sergeant Bourne: It's a miracle.

Lieutenant John Chard: If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.

>>33561979
I think the previous suggestions of two pistols, 1 shot gun and 1 rifle are sound. Lee-Enfield does seem to be the rifle of choice if they are available in quantity and ammunition is available. There are a few decent sized gun stores in the capital that import ammunition from around the world, I would imagine they can import .303

>>33561996
I was a bit wary of shotguns as well. Any benefit from a slug is well over, beat by a large caliber rifle. I'll have to look and see if a pump action rifle like that is permitted there.

>>33562010
I've been to shitholes before man. Namibia isn't as bad as them.
>>
>>33562048
I know how you feel. /k/ is so fucking slow at night. I feel so lonely on my night shifts when nobody replies to my posts ;_;.

Anyways, why the Remshit pump action? I don't think it would hold up well in the Namibian desert conditions. Glock 17 is a solid choice though. Can't beat 20 rounds per magazine when dealing with dindu bandits.
>>
>>33562060
>I think the previous suggestions of two pistols, 1 shot gun and 1 rifle are sound.

I really don't. Isn't this war? Why would you want two sidearms with little to no significance while only having one example of your primary (rifle)?
>>
>>33562060
How long does it take to import ammo in Namibia? Is it a bureaucratic nightmare?
>>33562090
Faster rate of fire. Remember semi auto rifles are illegal in OP's country.
>>
>>33561711
>the Namibian dollar is pegged 1:1 with the South African Rand
>South African Rand
Mate, I have bad news for you...
>>
File: rsa0407p31p1.jpg (111KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
rsa0407p31p1.jpg
111KB, 600x378px
>>33562066
>Anyways, why the Remshit pump action?

It's accurate enough while being dramatically faster than even the best bolt action guns. it also takes all manner of AR-15 mag so you can go with 5rd, 10rd, 20rd or 30rd mags. this is not the case for the 308 version though you you'll be stuck with proprietary remshit mags. the wilson combat sights variant is great. I don't think reliability would be an issue.
>>
>>33562118
Namibia is mainly desert. There's a possibility of sand getting into the pump action and I wouldn't trust their QC.

I've never actually shot a pump action rifle in any caliber larger than .22 so the whole concept of it seems foreign to me.
>>
>>33562135
it's the same as a 12ga pump, only it's a rifle. you have to keep any gun clean and lubed, the odd grain of sand might even put your Glawk out of commission.
>>
Does a slamfire shotgun count as semi auto
>>
>>33562154
If they're accurate enough I don't see why not. Somewhat fast shooting and quick reloads would give it an edge over a Lee Enfield.

I'd say OP should get a police pump action or whatever it's called instead of a second sidearm.
>>
>>33562111
South Africa is going to shit and while Namibia's economy is on the rise I wouldn't keep too much money in either currency. Stick to dollars and convert as needed, though I believe they accept US currency.

>>33562090
I realize that /k/ has a lot of "how would you arm this group fight these people", but I mean realistically just defending a small farming town.

If you want to go "war defense" picture a worst case scenario of armed bandits (though they are very rare outside the few major cities)

I was thinking two rifles, one main, one backup would be good to have. Ideally sticking to one caliber and model for a singular ammo and replacement parts.

>>33562094
You need a permit to import ammo yourself. Best bet is to order through a gun store in one of the larger cities.
>>
>>33562185
How are the prices for guns and ammo there? In my state there's always at least a 10% markup because everyone's constantly panic buying before the next wave of retarded gun control laws hit.
>>
>>33562165
I do not know, though they consider it to be.

>>33562175
That's not a bad idea, assuming they are available. Most gun stores seem to stick to big game rifles and shotguns As trophy hunting and skeet are the two big reasons to own firearms there.
>>
>>33562185
if it's life and death it's war in my book so I'd want every conceivable advantage. in fact, I'd sent up traps all over my property.
>>
>>33562154
incidentally, the pictured Remshit rifle is Australia legal according to my last research....
>>
>>33562211
Can you have a guy import guns?
>>
File: ruger rifle nam.jpg (53KB, 969x425px) Image search: [Google]
ruger rifle nam.jpg
53KB, 969x425px
>>33562200
>How are the prices for guns and ammo there?

Never been there and most of their gun sites don't say, but I did find one that has what I assume are average prices.

Unfortunately I am not seeing .303 on there.

https://www.outdoorcentre.com.na/product-category/hunting/hunting-ammunition/hunting-ammunition-rifle-ammunition/

Apparently you can buy semi auto rifles, you just can't import them. Though a Mini Ruger 5.56 is going to cost about $1500

https://www.outdoorcentre.com.na/product/ruger-rifle-5-56-nato-mini-145/
>>
File: 97195708.jpg (388KB, 1024x674px) Image search: [Google]
97195708.jpg
388KB, 1024x674px
No4 and a Hi-Power for some retro asskickery.
>>
>>33562308
>https://www.outdoorcentre.com.na/product/ruger-rifle-5-56-nato-mini-145/
lokks like they have ARs for less:
https://www.outdoorcentre.com.na/product/ruger-rifle-5-56-nato-ar-556/

so the whole premise of the thread goes out the window. my revised armaments:

>2 ARs
>one high powered rifle for game/long distance (300wm/338wm)
>one CC Glock 26 for when you need to look unarmed.
>>
>>33562351
I'll email the gun store later this week and make a new thread this weekend with revised firearm options.

Goodnight gents
>>
>>33561316
>>Semi Auto and Automatic rifles are prohibited

And? Who cares about the law, let them try and enforce it.

Select firearms in the local caliber, suppressed.
Barrets with tracking point tech
>>
Long guns, I'd take my durr rifle in .308 on account of being familiar with it and it being precise, and having a few ten-round magazines for it.
Maybe a lever gun in .45-70 for when they get closer, a nice shotgun, and wrapping it up with a pistol because it seems kinda logical.
So I'd say my Weatherby Vanguard, a Marlin 1895G, a Benelli Supernova, and on account of me knowing exactly fuck all about handguns, I'd go with any stylish 6''+ revolver in .357 mag, if only because revolvers are cool.
>>
>>33561316
I don't know if he still posts, but there used to be a Namibian that posted on /int/.

He was a white guy, his family was involved in cattle there; it must've paid pretty well, because if I recall correctly, he studied some sort of agribusiness-type university degree in America before returning to work for the family business.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.