[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post interesting World War 1 stuff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0625.gif (12KB, 690x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0625.gif
12KB, 690x459px
Post interesting World War 1 stuff
>>
FUN FACT:

There were almost NO black soldiers in the Western Front that did anything remotely useful besides guard supply caches and get shot for deserting!
>>
>>33559927
well the french used them, though really just them, and primarily as cannon fodder
>>
Fun Fact: Britain bribed a notable British scholar to fabricate a bogus story about Germans melting the bodies of dead soldiers, women, and children into paste to make rations and soap.

This same bullshit story would later be used at the Nuremberg Trials to condemn the POW labor camps.

http://www.smashculturalmarxism.com/the-myth-of-germany-as-an-evil-nation/
>>
>>33559973
And there it is
>>>/pol/
>>
File: Passchendaele1916.jpg (528KB, 1278x729px) Image search: [Google]
Passchendaele1916.jpg
528KB, 1278x729px
most ww1 aircraft had airfoils that were far too thin

Germany built the worlds first full scale wind tunnel during the war and realized this problem. This lead to the fokker triplane prototypes having thicccc wings with no bracing.
>>
>>33559864
It's the hundredth anniversary since America joined the fight against germany
>>
>>33560009

>F-facts make me sad!
>>
>>33560009

The first part about germans melting bodies down during WW1 was a BBC article of all things, so... not really made up.
>>
>>33560098

It most certainly was made up. It was pure unadulterated propaganda. Not a single shred of evidence was ever produced.
>>
>The 1918 Influenza Pandemic. The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history.

It was called "The Spanish Lady."
>>
>>33559864
German surface navy was the 2nd biggest in the world, next leading after Britain
>>
>>33559973
The real tragedy of exaggerations of German atrocities in Belgium is that people now believe ALL of it was fake. The Germans indisputably committed atrocities against civilians in occupied territories in WWI. Not the weird soap thing I'll grant you. Mostly just good old fashion violence.
>>
>>33559864
The Third Reich started the war with less than one fourth the U-boats the Empire did.
>>
>>33561340
German soldiers raping nuns was def faked
>>
>>33559927
>what are senegalese tirailleurs?
go back to /pol/ The French used tons of blacks. There were also black British construction battalions and tens of thousands of Indians (poo variety) on the western front.
>>
>>33561340
Go to any graveyard in Belgium, you will find old graves with the words "Killed by the Germans"
>>
>>33561484
French African troops were used as cannon fodder and regarded as inferior. Ten thousand or so Indians were a drop in the bucket compared to the millions of UK troops.

In Africa the Indian troops were a source of supply for German Askaris.
>>
File: Germangraves.jpg (167KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Germangraves.jpg
167KB, 960x720px
>>33559955
Except most were Moroccans and Algerians, with few sub-Saharan Africans Divisions. They also fought in battle of France during WWII. Most of the heavy "black" fighting was with Von Lettow-Vorbeck, the Kings African Rifles and German South West Africa.

>>33559864
I got to take part in a Wreath laying ceremony for Remembrance day last year in Algeria. There was a Commonwealth, German and Serbian elementary all connected to each other that was extremely well respected and cared for. I was surprised to find out that a good number of Serbians after WWI decided to settle in Algeria and are interred at the cemetery. The German cemetery included WWI and WWII dead and most of the graves contained 3 bodies.

The Commonwealth section had soldiers from all over, from British, Polish, Netherlands, Canadian, Indian and even one Red Army soldier.
>>
>>33563412
*cemetary not elementary
>>
ww1 didnt't exist you fucking pro assad shill

cuck and sage
>>
>>33559927
>>33559955
>>33563241
>>33563412
You guys are full of shit.
407 000 "indigene" troops took part in ww1 on the french side.
218 000 were from the Maghreb.
Losses were similar to metropolitan troops (around 16%). There was no mutiny in the colonial regiments either.

The Tirailleurs were shock troops and in no way cannon fodder. They were well respected by their peers (read "Les Croix de Bois" by Dorgelès for a direct account), and the french were often appalled by the racism of the US army (see the treatment of the 369th Infantry Regiment by both countries; on a sidenote the USA will prevent the french from using black troops on military parades in ww2, withholding materiel when their demands aren't met. Probably from fear of use by german propaganda).

Back on topic, since varicose veins disqualified you from the early drafts in France, it's one of the countries where this deficiency is the most prevalent today.
>>
>>33559864
How many of them ware Polish, Czechs, Slovaks etc?
FUCK Germany.
>>
>>33566225
>You guys are full of shit.
>407 000 "indigene" troops took part in ww1 on the french side.
>218 000 were from the Maghreb.

>At the outbreak of war in August 1914, the Army of Africa in Algeria and Tunisia comprised nine regiments of Algerian Tirailleurs, four of zouaves, six of chasseurs d'Afrique, four of spahis and two of the Foreign Legion. In Morocco nineteen battalions of tirailleurs and nine of zouaves were on active service, along with elements of the Foreign Legion and the African Light Infantry. Large numbers of these troops were sent immediately to serve in France, mainly drawn from the peacetime garrisons of Algeria and Tunisia.

>In 1914 33,000 Muslim Algerians were already serving with the spahis, tirailleurs and other units of the Army of Africa. In the course of the war a further 137,000 enlisted either as volunteers (57,000) or as wartime conscripts (80,000). Of the total of 170,000, 36,000 were killed.

>The Chasseurs d'Afrique were a light cavalry corps of chasseurs in the French Armée d'Afrique (Army of Africa). First raised in the 1830s from regular French cavalry posted to Algeria, they numbered five regiments by World War II. For most of their history they were recruited from either French volunteers or French settlers in North Africa doing their military service. As such they were the mounted equivalent of the French Zouave infantry. The other major cavalry element in the Armee d'Afrique were the Spahis—recruited from the indigenous peoples of Algeria, Tunisia, and Morocco with mostly French officers.

>The first Senegalese Tirailleurs were formed in 1857 and served France in a number of wars, including World War I (providing around 200,000 troops, more than 135,000 of whom fought in Europe and 30,000 of whom were killed[2])

So yeah exactly what I said before, the majority were Moroccan/Algerian Divisions with few Sub-Saharan Divisions. Were they present? Yes, but good portion got used as garrison troops in North West Africa.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-07-21h00m59s962.png (350KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-07-21h00m59s962.png
350KB, 720x544px
>>33561471
You didn't see what i've seen, you weren't there, man!
>>
>>33566457
53% isn't a clear majority, and 190000 soldiers isn't a few divisions. And those are numbers for troops engaged on the western front, not those left in Africa. I don't have figures for the Balkans front but I know african troops were engaged there as well.

>exactly what I said before
what about the the "regarded as inferior" bit?
>>
>>33560098
>It's a BBC article so it couldn't have been fabricated

Son, have a seat. Let me tell you a little something about war time propaganda and total war.
>>
File: Louvain_Library_Destruction.jpg (221KB, 868x560px) Image search: [Google]
Louvain_Library_Destruction.jpg
221KB, 868x560px
>>33561340
The main thing I hate about the German atrocities in Belgium is the destruction of the library at Louvain. Countless one-of-a-kind novels all many centuries old were burnt : /
>>
>>33568326
The eternal kraut strikes again.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.