[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japanese Self-Defense Forces

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 15

File: 1418476606629.jpg (128KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1418476606629.jpg
128KB, 1024x768px
What does /k/ think of Japan's defense force?

And since this is an imageboard, does anyone have pics of said defense force to share?
>>
>>33559103
I've never actually seen or heard anything about them outside of that picture. Curious myself.
>>
>>33559103
Not bad and good equipment minus their inexperience.
>inb4 jap tank with thrown track pic.

Just wish they sold more shit to other countries and were less stuck up (specifically their right wing who make hilarious shit like GATE which somehow implies Americans wouldn't ass rape them all. Like in Okinawa all the time).
>>
>>33559103
According to "gate" they are better than green berets
>>
Have these documentaries on how awesome the JSDF is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate_(novel_series)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipang_(manga)
>>
>>33559250
>>33559273
Is Gate worth watching?
>>
>>33559286
Not really once it goes full magical realm and brings in stupid mary sue waifu gods.

Its just a time traveller slaughters the natives comic. The only difference is its the japs winning this time around.
>>
>>33559286
Watchs GitS (1995) , jorgumand, and girls und panzer instead man
>>
File: Gate 2.jpg (529KB, 1278x695px) Image search: [Google]
Gate 2.jpg
529KB, 1278x695px
>>33559286

Sure, not like you have better things to do.
>>
>>33559365
I've seen GuP. The movie was really something.
>>
>>33559365
Gates better than jormungand and worse than gits senpai. and i honestly liked jormungad, the tactics and realism were just kinda meh sometimes. Ks just butthurt over all the fan traffic it created to this sub when it came out.

>>33559286
I'd say so, it's pretty entertaining. little bit of JAPLAND STRONG to it but then again it's literally a show about them invading a magical world with like late roman empire era tech. pretty much they just fuck shit up. More realistic military tactics and weapons usage than almost any anime i've seen. they actually use Arty, armor, aircraft, and things like pre planned kill zones.
>>
>>33559286
No, but the grils are cute
>>
>>33559286
Good luck getting an honest answer, K decided not to like Gate despite it being the best K related anime in about a decade because it has totally unbelievable things happen. Like a modern country being able to run train on primitive savages. Oh, and it has attractive women in it which is apparently something only gate is guilty of? there isn't even that much fan service honestly... Just fighting and showing what happens when a modern world gets the opportunity to take advantage of a less developed resource rich world.
>>
>>33559697
>Just fighting and showing what happens when a modern world gets the opportunity to take advantage of a less developed resource rich world.

Which is why it's a total fucking borefest. And it has one of the weakest first episodes I've had the misfortune of watching
>>
>>33559712
The one where a bunch of monsters invaded modern day japan and started massacring people in the streets until a military response could be mobilized?
>>
>>33560042
The one with the painfully generic A1 Pictures (tm) opening with minutes of walking around an incredibly boring version of Tokyo followed by contextless visions of the cute grils. The action scene can't decide what tone it wants. Also, dude splitscreens lmao

Gate is complete schlock, and the anime somehow manages to magnify its worst qualities with some of the most generic and uninspired visuals of the 2010s
>>
File: gate_russian_loli_straddle.gif (2MB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
gate_russian_loli_straddle.gif
2MB, 500x294px
Imagine being Itami in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Rori Mercury, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrificly boring A1 face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck Tuka or maybe one of the monstergirl maids in their dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Itami and not only sit in that chair while Rori flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her gangly, bony figure and flabby stomach, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, RORI MERCURY LOOKS LIKE THAT?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of busty fujos exes and onaholes and later alleged elves and princesses for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the JSDF special forces. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Itami. You're not going to lose the possibility of ploughing a monstergirl harem over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>33559697
I heard burgers are bad in it, and I don't care for another show that has burgers as dummies.

>>33560948
Wut?
>>
>>33559286
Reasons to watch gate
-Modern Vs Medieval Fights
-Plot
-Modern vs Mythical Creatures

Reasons not to watch
-Magic vs guns question goes unanswered
-Story feels half finished for all non Japanese characters
-Main Characters are overpowered on ocassion
>>
>>33561724
Aren't all anime character overpowered?
>>
File: gloriousjapan.jpg (883KB, 2580x1935px) Image search: [Google]
gloriousjapan.jpg
883KB, 2580x1935px
>>33559103
>>
Their tankers guys have these modern looking uzis/mac 10s

any info on them? nambu clones on license? jew guns? mac 10s?
>>
>>33561724
>magic vs gunz unanswered

What did j.k rowling say anon?
>>
File: IMG_2931.jpg (885KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2931.jpg
885KB, 720x960px
I've worked with them plenty before and enjoy their company. Sure, some of their combat arms are super derpy but it's no more than anyone else that hasn't been embroiled in conflict the entire time. The people are genuinely fun to deal with, and most of their infantry are not to be fucked with. Honestly, their infantry and light armor impresses me the most, natural camouflage incorporation is a huge thing in their book, and they pull it off well.
>>
Worked with them a few years ago in the muhreens. Got drunk with them. Couldnt understand shit but the only words you need to know are "kanpai" and then get fucked up on soju and whiskey. Traded rank insignias with them. One guy was trading One Piece figurines for chevrons.
Good time. Ate so much instant noodle and japan version of honey buns instead of MREs. Flirted with not so cute translator cause she could actually understand our drunk ramblings. Saw out BC get fucked up with their equivalent officer. There was some good looking dancers if I remember.
I'll post pics if I can find them.
>>
File: 20141212_193318(0).jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141212_193318(0).jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33561894
>>
File: 20141212_185111.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141212_185111.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33561912
>>
File: 20141212_185131.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141212_185131.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33561915
>>
>>33561924
>>33561915
>>33561912

Ahhhh Hijudai.
>>
>>33561912
You have to point out which one is you though, at least as long as it isn't the blurry peace sign guy in the center.
>>
>>33562301

The peace sign is actually a common thing in Japanese photographs. It makes sense it would pop up here, assuming this is photographed in Japan.
>>
Train with them pretty much every single year in Yakima. They are all pretty cool but working with their command teams is hard simply because they won't do anything unless they reach an absolute consensus on an issue, so decision making takes forever.
>>
>>33559103
id be interested to know their recent combat records...like post 90s stuff. anyone have any info or shit like that about their forces in the sandbox and stuff?
>>
>>33562317
Yeah I'm well aware, the comment was more about his facial expression and the acknowledgement that no one would own up to it willingly.
>>
>>33561858
Those are Mineaba M-9 micro jewzi clones
>>
>>33561912
>>33561915
>>33561924
>These nasty greasy American mongrels shitting up Japan in their mil bases

No wonder Japs hate mil bases and they are such a center for crime and degeneracy. Mongrels.
>>
>>33562336
In 2017 they took down an Erginus with just an af-100 and Goliath rocket launcher.

Read up on Storm Team one if you want to know more.
>>
>>33562449
cool beans. I think what attracted me to them was the foregrips.
>>
>>33562336
>combat
>JSDF

JSDF until recently wasn't constitutionally allowed to intervene in foreign conflicts. They have been deployed under peacekeeping or humanitarian missions though.
>>
File: DM-SD-06-06300.jpg (1MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
DM-SD-06-06300.jpg
1MB, 3072x2048px
>>33559103
Only this one.
Also as for my opinion of their troops?
Well trained but inexperienced.
>>
>>33559189
they got fired
>>
>>33562301
Ha, that was my friend. He was probably the drunkest of us there. The japs kept handing him drinks and he would just keep downing them.
>>
>>33562524
>no brass catchers

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHAMFUR DISPRAY
>>
>>33561912
The send the bottom of the barrel Marines to Japan don't they?
>>
>>33562524

How much do they train with the US?

Are they just US-trained but with 0 experience?
>>
>>33562624
Since we're not deploying to Afghan/Iraq anymore. At least not in big numbers. Most units are deploying to various other countries. I was only in Okinawa for 6 months and my unit trained with Korea, Phillipines, and Japan. I was in Afghan my first deployment but by my second deployment, no one was going there anymore.
>>33562640
Pretty frequently. There's a fuck ton of Marines on Okinawa. They're not trained by us. Just joint training.
>>
File: 2856638.jpg (694KB, 823x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2856638.jpg
694KB, 823x1024px
They have great hardware and logistics and pretty good training, but they're lacking in combat experience and discipline/military culture from what i understand.
I really stress the whole logistics part, because since they are the go to emergency response unit in case of natural disaster in Japan (of which there are not few) they have an actual need to exercise that muscle.
Overall, if they were allowed to unravel their full potential in deployment they could be great, and if we're talking defensively, they're outstanding logistics and difficult japanese terrain would make them a terrible bone to chew.

Pic related, 1st airborne brigade, elitemost unit in the JSDF which is a badass mix of airborne infantry with mountain troops training and a lot of endurance+emphasis on stealth and assymetric warfare, neat
>>
>>33562781
Does no other country practice trigger safety or something?
>>
>>33559103
banzai
>>
>>33561838
>>33562524
>>33562781
>>33562858
More pics?
>>
>>33562858
I'm not educated in naval matters, but how does the modern Japanese navy fairs compared with other local navies?
>>
>>33562683

Genuinely curious, how was your experience with Philippine troops? Did you train with the army or marines?
>>
File: CzZwAdGUkAA4MZt.jpg (32KB, 596x209px) Image search: [Google]
CzZwAdGUkAA4MZt.jpg
32KB, 596x209px
>>
>>33562456
>japan having a choice
Nips are our bitches and they have to take it.

Lest they get the nuke again.
>>
>>33559286
if people tell the anime is worse than the manga, it must be real bad just like the manga.

i've only read the manga and it made me cringe because that's exactly the kind of story plot i pulled when i was a kid,
i don't mind the "modern vs fantasy" plot if it's not legit one sided, i think we all agree we always thought of that type of situation for fun in our head when we were kid and maybe today for fun.
but the way GATE did this was absurdly childish and close minded.

the JSDF just win everything, the battles, politics, pussies, trust toward towns from the other world, ressources etc. it just goes well for everything they ever do to the point you wonder if there's even a bad guy in this story or anything to tell at all.
in summary, they never get in a bad spot or in a situation where they must think of a plan and outsmart the enemy, they just fucking win due to technological superiority or plot armor and that's it, no twist in the fights, worst offender was that character that jump off a chopper in the middle of an army and fuckup shit tons of warriors with his bayonet on a rifle like an action man
then there's this weird mix of humor and grim that doesn't stick together, sometime you see humoristic scenes with jokes, usual overreaction with big eyes etc and then you get war murder and rape, i don't know if they want to appeal to kids or adults, so it end up being for manchildren.

if you want to laugh at bad writing, go ahead, if you like stories with disruptive factors, don't.
in b4 "mad americunt", not even american for that matter.
>>
From what I've seen online, their equipment and logistics is quite lacking compared to my country (Singapore). Their basic training has soldiers in suspender belts instead of plate carriers.
However, their country has a culture steeped in obedience and respect to seniors in rank. Also really weird safety rules like wearing their tin pot helmets when driving/doing guard duty/doing any manual labor.
Their logistics is totally geared towards humanitarian stuff, sure. They still had to travel by tonner/ship to Kumamoto during the earthquake which is telling of their budget.
Don't fucking fight with them in snow though, that's one thing their budget allows to them to do, which is go on ski training.
>>
File: jsdfsfg.jpg (3MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
jsdfsfg.jpg
3MB, 3872x2592px
1st Airborne Brigade
>>
>>33563563
Japan throws all its money at its navy, with its air force and army trailing somewhat behind. Which is probably the right move given both their pacifist constitution and their strategic situation. Equipment wise and logistics its navy is far ahead of the other two arms.
>>
Are japanese troops issued with katanas instead of knives?
>>
>>33567099
Wakizashi, you baka!
>>
>>33562336
>id be interested to know their recent combat records...like post 90s stuff.

You disallowed them to actually combat anyone but invaders back after WW2, anon. They have no track record because they're not allowed any.
>>
>>33563445
>but how does the modern Japanese navy fairs compared with other local navies?

They've got one of the biggest and most modern navies in the world.
BTFO everyone around them and equal terms with China.
>>
As other anons have stated they're pretty competent. Just lack experience. Worked with them once a year for drills but I was navy security forces so not as closely as marines. Overall pretty good.
>>
>>33560948
Underrated fucking post
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.