[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The gas was likely chlorine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: 1491526125552.jpg (34KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
1491526125552.jpg
34KB, 500x262px
"When you kill innocent children, innocent babies — babies, little babies — with a chemical gas that is so lethal, people were shocked to hear what gas it was..."
reality:
"U.S. officials said the gas was likely chlorine, with TRACES of a nerve agent LIKE sarin," maybe.
https://apnews.com/ba4881c7d94b4eca8b5ec8021a96f7cc
>>
File: zootopia jew reporter.jpg (232KB, 638x781px) Image search: [Google]
zootopia jew reporter.jpg
232KB, 638x781px
>>33557711

Oy vey, we need another war in the Middle East. To protect our freedom, you see.
>>
File: IMG_0772.jpg (171KB, 780x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0772.jpg
171KB, 780x840px
>>33557711
>Hear about gas attacks
>MFW
>get really happy
>realize you'll still probably never be involved with it
Such is life as a CBRN in the US Army
>>
File: IMG_0115.jpg (28KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0115.jpg
28KB, 720x480px
>>33557761
She's perfect
>>
>>33557711
If you work in any kind of profession that involves hazmat you know all about how pants crappingly scary chlorine gas is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graniteville,_South_Carolina,_train_crash
>>
Chlorine is still the biggest pussy out of all chemical agents
It's only effective in very high concentrations, doesn't require full cbrn gear (just a full-face protective mask with nbc-rated filter) to be protected against, doesn't really require as in-depth decon procedures as other agents. It tends to disperse on it's own if used in smaller concentrations.

The traces of nerve agents is what the world is making a big shit about, considering as far as I know, they've never been employed in warfare. Up until this point, Syrians have just been popping off low concentrations of chlorine and maybe sulfur mustards here and there.
>>
And that was fast. I was starting to doubt we'd hit them. Hmm
>>
>>33557802
Former plater here. Pff. Hydrofluoric!
>>
So you guys saw we just launched Tomahawks from the Med?
>>
>>33557711
Even when describing a grave human tragedy he sounds like an amateur sportscaster who's not sure what sport he's describing. What a fucking maroon.

Good job, dems. You gave us this chucklefuck.
>>
>>33557711
I don't know man. I've been exposed to chlorine gas and it didn't fuck me up that much.
>>
>>33557711
If you look at the gifs, you can see one of the rescue workers trying to BVM a dying kid, only he's bagging him at like 60 breaths per minute and there's no visible chest rise.

Does he know something that I don't, or does he not know how to bag someone?
>>
File: IMG_8373.jpg (88KB, 653x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8373.jpg
88KB, 653x590px
>>33558141
>trump does something bad
>still blames the democrats
>>
File: Gerald.jpg (14KB, 236x419px) Image search: [Google]
Gerald.jpg
14KB, 236x419px
Didn't the British hive city factory worker scum turned soldiers counter chlorine gas in WWI by literally pissing on their socks and using that as a primitive gas mask? Are arabs really that dumb they couldn't figure out what the limeys knew 100 years ago?
>>
>>33557884
Saddam Hussein used VX in his war against the Kurds and possibly Iran if my memory serves me.
>>
>>33559699
The Turks also used it against the Kurds.

Apparently gassing Kurds is just really fun in general.
>>
Bleach and hydrochloric acid makes mustard gas. (Format hazmat warehouse worker) I know a bunch of mixtures that can cause harm to human respiratory along with human health/death. (We learned what NOT to mix)
>>
>>33559472
>Hillary gets BTFO and the Democratic party is ruined beyond belief
>CTR still has a pension program
>>
>>33559558
Actually, that was a Canadian medical officer. He gave the order to do so, and for some reason, the soldiers trusted him (or possibly feared him) enough to follow it. This gross but life-saving tactic allowed Canadian forces to be the first to successfully defend and retaliate against a gas attack. Although Canada was still TECHNICHALLY part of Britain at that time.
>>
>>33559472
http://observer.com/2016/10/wikileaks-reveals-dnc-elevated-trump-to-help-clinton/amp/
>>
File: 1272254336636.jpg (186KB, 600x383px) Image search: [Google]
1272254336636.jpg
186KB, 600x383px
>>33557761

I would fuck that. Hard.
>>
>>33557711
Its pretty hard to tell from the media footage of the dead-uns and dying. There is extreme respiratory distress associated with Sarin or Chlorine, but for Sarin you get the SLUDGE and they probably wouldn't show that.
Chlorine is still a highly effective weapon against unprotected targets with no form of MOP, it hangs around for a long time and its quite lethal enough to kill/debilitate anyone fucking around in the area. But you just need 500-600x more of it to have the same effect sarin would
>>
File: Table.png (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Table.png
329KB, 1920x1080px
/k/hemist reporting in.

Chlorine gas sucks and is terrible to be exposed to even if it doesn't kill you. If 72 people were killed then it must have been in very high concentrations which would liquefy the insides of your lungs until you drown in your own goop.
>>
>>33560104
I've heard a more fucked up part of that story, "Those that could not perform or would not choked on their own blood". Not everyone could piss on command, and some people refused, and then they died. Fucked up man.
>>
>>33560484
Hey, peeing under pressure is hard. Of course, I'd likely have been pissing myself from fear anyway, because fucking gas, but hey, men were tougher in the 1910s I guess.
>>
>>33560456
I took chem 101 and 102 and can confirm, chlorine sucks. Fume hood was kinda weak and I caught a big whiff.
>>
>>33560484
Only fucked up thing was fighting the pointless war in the first place
>>
>>33560484
>>33560515
Chlorine is water soluble so water would have worked as well. Maybe not as good as the ammonia in piss but still sounds like you got meme'd on by that rumor.

>>33560535
>pointless
>>
>>33560588
Mate, chlorine gas killed by mixing with the water in your eyes and lungs and on your skin to form hydrochloric acid. This is what caused the horrible burns to the flesh, damage to the eyes and lungs, and respiratory bleeding that chlorine gas was known for. In fact, one alleged test to determine if gas masks had been fully cleaned was to drop it in a bowl of water with a fish. If the fish died, the mask hadn't been cleaned properly, causing residual chlorine and/or hydrochloric acid to get into the water and kill the fish.
>>
>>33560588
>>33560703
Chemicals in urine actually caused the chlroine to crystallize rather than simply bond with the water. While water might have still worked, holding a sock now soaked in hydrochloric acid to your face would have produced worsened burns externally.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>33560703
Yeah... That's why we use chlorine to clean pools. Do you even chemistry? Fucking KYS faggot retard
>>
>>33560739
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_weapons_in_World_War_I#Effectiveness_and_countermeasures
>It was water-soluble, so the simple expedient of covering the mouth and nose with a damp cloth was somewhat effective at reducing the effect of the gas. It was thought to be even more effective to use urine rather than water, as it was known at the time that chlorine reacted readily with urea (present in urine) to form dichloro urea.
>>
>>33560750
>implying the extremely light concentration of chlorine used in pools would actually be sufficient to cause harm to humans
>>
>>33560777
Nice trips. From the same page, a few lines down:
>Chlorine required a concentration of 1,000 parts per million to be fatal, destroying tissue in the lungs, likely through the formation of hydrochloric acid when dissolved in the water in the lungs (2Cl2 + 2H2O → 4HCl + O2).[22] Despite its limitations, however, chlorine was an effective psychological weapon—the sight of an oncoming cloud of the gas was a continual source of dread for the infantry.[23]
>>
>>33557772
>>33560319
You can't date or marry her goy, you get a taste but you have to convert 1st
>>
>>33560782
It takes a MASSIVE amount of chlorine to kill a human though. So much that is was a totally ineffective weapon during the war. It was more of a psychological weapon than a real one
>>
>>33560815
>1,000 parts per million

So it was essentially useless. Was BTFOing yourself part of your plan?
>>
>>33560822
This was part of the point I was trying to make. Pool cleaning is a super low concentration that we barely even notice, not the fucktardedly high concentrations Hans would have had to be using to get the kind of effects they were seeing in the trenches.
>>
>>33560842
Bruh, the stuff was being used in those concentrations, or close to it, since it caused some pretty nasty injuries and breathing issues. This is part of what made it effective as a psychological weapon and as an assist to conventional arms.
>>
>>33560782
3 boys died from exposure to pool chlorine recently
>>
>>33560847
>>33560873
>not the fucktardedly high concentrations Hans would have had to be using to get the kind of effects they were seeing in the trenches.

Do you realize the sheer size of the western front? Concentrations do not equal total amount. Especially considering it is heavier than air so it sunk to lower recesses. Stop being retarded anon
>>
>>33560886
Probably not in the water, then.
>>33560900
You're one special anon. When gas attacks were used, they weren't gassing an entire front you fucktard. They would gas the front trenches along a particular section of the front lines in hopes of creating a gap in enemy defenses where they could charge through and take a trench, as well as simply killing, incapacitating and simply frightening the enemy.
>>
>>33560456
Dumbass here that gassed myself as a kid, Never knew what actually goes on with chlorine gas all I knew was that it burns the shit out of your airway and makes you cough up some sort of hellish slime that burns just as much coming up as the gas does going down, Thanks for educating me on the finer details of chlorine.
>>
>>33560946
>They would gas the front trenches along a particular section of the front lines in hopes of creating a gap in enemy defenses where they could charge through and take a trench, as well as simply killing, incapacitating and simply frightening the enemy.

again it was highly ineffective and just as likely to blow back into your own lines as the enemies.
>>
>>33561013
Yeah it basically mixes with the fluid in your lungs and turns into Hydrochloric acid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NddZ5ftQb0Q
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
>>
>>33560750
You are retarded beyond fucking comprehension
>>
>>33557763

I love CBRN shit, but I'd never take the MOS. Have fun with your actually-maintained CBRN gear though.
>>
>>33561023
This actually happened to the limeys the very first time they tried gas. But its overall effectiveness wasn't the point of contention. The point of contention was the type and extent of injuries it caused and could cause to individual soldiers.
>>
>>33557772
Excuse me, but I think you meant to say she's purrfect.
>>
>>33559442
Nah, he's just an idiot
>>
File: 1490157995264.gif (361KB, 280x198px) Image search: [Google]
1490157995264.gif
361KB, 280x198px
>>33561102
>this almost happened to my lungs
Jesus christ why
>>
Repost from /sci/ because I've waited a few hours and no one has responded.

After viewing the images of children that had been killed in Syria, I have two questions. Why were their cheeks so flushed in some of the images? They looked in part like they had been in a sauna or on a brisk jog for sometime. Is that due to the acetylcholine overactivity of exposoure to the agent? What is that particular posture or pose called affected by people suffering damage to the brain, spinal cord, or nervous system? There are two variations. The only one I can visualize is the arms parallel side by side and the palms go out facing outward. There's another one too but I can't visualize it.

Thanks

This is by no means a covert post, and I have no interest in discussing anything else except maybe the realistic fear one might have of nerve agents in future warfare. If it's better to take this to /pol/ or elsewhere let me know, but I think the mechanism won't be understood there.
>>
>>33558115
Fuck that shit, eats glass and even if exposure doesn't kill you it still fucks you down to the bone
>>
>>33557763
>In SIGDET in an SF Group Group Support Company
>NBC so useless they end up turning it into a Sensitive Site Exploitation Detachment
>>
>>33560019
it does not make mustard gas
it makes chlorine
>>
>>33562743
If it was just chlorine gas, the only way I could see flushing being a symptoms would be inflammation due to prolonged skin contact due said chemical agent. If anything there would be cyanosis (bluing of tissues) due to the oxygen starvation, symptom of inadequate oxygenation of blood caused by the damage to their lungs. see video here:>>33561102

If there was a secondary chemical agent as alleged, it may be due to a low concentration blood agent, specifically cyanide based. The technical/medical aspect of how cyanide-based blood agent is complex, but essentially it prevents the body from utilizing oxygenated blood, causing blood to remain bright red.
>>
I knew for fact it wasn't sarin like all the news sources were geeking out about. Narrowed it down to choking or blood agent since those faggots had no protective gear and skin-to-skin contact with victims. I didn't see any blisters or whatever either and I don't know if blood agents leave obvious symptoms on the bodies.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.