[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are the bad laws Colorado has? Is the magazine limit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png (4KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Colorado.svg.png
4KB, 250x167px
So what are the bad laws Colorado has? Is the magazine limit still in effect? How hard is it to get a Carry permit if I already have one from another state?

is Colorado a good place for /k/ommandos?
>>
>>33556270
Mag limit is "in effect" but not enforced by anybody and is probably on the way out soon with how hard LE is pushing against it.
Carry permits are pretty straightforward so I wouldn't imagine it being hard if you had an existing one.
It's decently /k/ as long as you're outside the Denver/Boulder area.
Someone will probably say something about how it's shit because muh California invasion, but it's overblown and they're mostly concentrated in the Denver area.
>>
>>33556395

Adding to this: Denver has an actual, no-shit AWB in effect. No other cities are allowed to have one though.

Regarding the magazine laws: Governor's getting sued by pretty much every sheriff over it, gun stores will usually just disassemble 15+ rd mags and give you the parts. Most online retailers won't ship them though, so that's a pain. Zero people charged with these laws, cops know it'll fall flat in court, even after they repealed a bunch of it (removable floorplates, transfer of mags are okay now)
>>
>>33556441
Also can't OC in Denver, but just denver, they are almost treated like a separate state as far as laws go
>>
>>33556510
>>33556441
>>33556395
So as long as I don't live in Denver, everything is cool?
Is there a lot of outdoor places to shoot? I've only ever lived in a state where shooting was pretty much on private land or at a range.

I really want to go innawoods and shoot.
>>
>>33556903
CO is great for inna woods.
>>
>>33556928
My main fear of moving to Colorado is some serious anti-gun bullshit.

I really don't want it to be a huge struggle for mags every time I buy a gun, maybe that's a childish reason, but hey this is /k/ and I want to move somewhere I can still be /k/.
>>
>>33556954
Ain't no struggle for mags, no worry
>>
>>33556270
Like some /k/ommandos said. It's pretty good. Nobody enforces to mag ban and you can find 30 rounders in most stores.
Steer clear of Denver and Boulder though, they conduct themselves as if they were city-states.
>>
>>33557063
The most annoying part is that online retailers won't risk sending standard cap mags to ban states. You'll need to get them either from friend out of state or in a local store.
>>
>>33557090
My parents would send me disassembled mags no problem I just didn't know if I could own them in colorado.

so where are some decent places to live in colorado? I want pine trees and mountains again gandalf MOUNTAINS!
>>
>>33557197
There's quite a few little towns around here.
Ouray is beautiful and right up in the mountains though it's pretty expensive to live in.
Grand Junction is right up near the Monument and the whole place is surrounded by mountains. It's kind of a desertery/scrub kind of place until you get out towards the mountains.
In the end look around see what you can see and try to find a place on the western slope if possible.
>>
>>33557197
Also on the mags it's basically don't ask don't tell.
Hell even if they do ask they probably wouldn't care.
If I remember there's been about zero charges on mag size in the entire state.
Also forgot to mention: universal background checks. It's not too bad if you have a place nearby that will do them cheap but just be aware that if the transfer isn't between you and your immediate family it's the law to go through a check.
>>
>>33557090

For a while I was rerouting a bunch of mags to ban states from work since we pay basically nothing unless it's heavy freight. Had to stop because it ended up taking way too much time and I wasn't making any real money in the process.

There are still groups of people that'll do it though. If your state has a gun forum you should give it a look, might be some former residents willing to help you out. Also, people over at the files will ship to ban states.
>>
it's illegal to shoot in national forrests and rangers will stop you
there are a quite a number of public ranges around though
>>
>>33556903
Denver is fine so long as you don't get a search warrant. No one actually checks for "assault weapons" and at least three gunshops sell/transfer "assault weapons" in Denver to denver residents
>>
>>33557504
That's 100% bullshit. You can shoot in National forest. You just have to check with the local ranger station. Orange/Red fire warning limits all shooting and due to the amount of residences near national forests withing 25 miles of denver those forests are Orange/red all the time.
>>
>>33557564
I go in the San Isabel natl forrest all the time and there are signs all over the place saying it's prohibited
>>
>>33557647
>San Isabel
>Within 25 miles of metro area.
I go up to Arapaho all the time and as long as I don't shoot over trails and into lakes, you know the federal laws, no stops me.
>>
>>33557647
Also this https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd494268.pdf
>>
Are there any good gun stores in the Springs? I went to a few but the prices were $50-$100 more than online.
>>
>>33557766
I've bought at Magnum, Colo Spgs Guns & Ammo, and Springs Armory
I like looking at stuff at Specialty Sports but they're way overpriced
>>
>>33557335
so just avoid private party sales?

>>33557699
>>33557564
oh man im probably just going to have to go talk to the forrest rangers and make friends so i can figure out where i can shoot.

ugh this is starting to seem like a web of shit to walk threw.
>>
>>33557848
Check the pdf I posted here >>33557730
>>
>>33557699
>>33557730
thanks, I learned something today
pike and san isabel are the ones I go in most often so I must have just assumed they were all like that
>>
>>33556954
If you don't want to drive out of state to buy mags, you just buy magazine repair kits. Aka a mag broke down into 3 parts. I've seen armslist adds where people literally put 'magazine repair kit' in quotes.
>>
ok so after doing so light listings searches it seems my only choices for my career are grand junction and denver. since denver is litterally cancer, i guess grand junction is best for me.

anyone know some decent places to consider within a 30-40min drive from grand junction?

i really wanted to live in a pine area, but all these little tiny towns in the mountains lack my career field.
>>
>>33557766
Guns & Ammo is pretty decent for some stuff, though their selection is subpar.
If you like buying used shit like me, there's a small consignment place called Stop Drop and Shop on Academy that often has cool shit showing up at usually p gud prices, and they have an armslist page they update pretty frequently.

>>33557831
How's Magnum, as both a range and a shop? I haven't been there since I prefer outdoor ranges, but it seems like if ever I wanted to go indoors, they're the only place in town.

>>33558912
If you like driving you can always work in Denver and live further south, which lots of people do since Denver has a fuckton of jobs.
>>
any /k/omandos in sothern colorado i live near sanisabel i know of one other guy he works with me we just have opisite scheduals so we can never go shooting inawoods
>>
>>33560210
If I do end up moving to Colorado that's probably what I will end up doing. I just want to make sure if I do move there that there's places I can go shoot innawoods and not be disturbed by flashing red&blue lights and some Forrest cop screeching liberal memes at me.

I honestly don't know ebough about Colorado other than what the typical person who's never been there does.
>>
>>33556441

one person was charged under the mag ban because he was threatening to shoot his college security guard

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2015/11/01/first-large-capacity-magazine-charge-filed-larimer/74887236/

http://www.denverpost.com/2015/11/02/colorado-man-charged-for-having-high-capacity-magazine/
>>
File: 1491167156166.png (237KB, 1256x407px) Image search: [Google]
1491167156166.png
237KB, 1256x407px
>>33556270
Greeleyfag here, No one listens to the gun laws. Also the "Make My Day" law is based.
>>
File: colorado-no-vacancy-FB.png (407KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
colorado-no-vacancy-FB.png
407KB, 1200x628px
Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>33561567
You know when people say that, it just makes me want to move there more.
>>
>>33560210
I like the Loveland Indoor range. Motherfucking gatling gun rentals. Liberty Firearms institute.

Video of shit you can rent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eriPDpxDK5w
>>
>>33561553
Holy shit that is super based.
>>
>>33561581
We are getting invaded by commiefornians, WE ARE FUCKING FULL!
>>
>>33556395
>Someone will probably say something about how it's shit because muh California invasion, but it's overblown and they're mostly concentrated in the Denver area.

Durango would like a word with you.
>>
File: out the back.jpg (273KB, 1727x971px) Image search: [Google]
out the back.jpg
273KB, 1727x971px
>>33561627
Was there for field camp this summer. Did get a major whiff of CA transplants. Some nice folks, some weird mountain folks, but definitely some CA transplants. Fuckin' weird vegan organic custard shops, man. I will admit, however, that city was gorgeous. What a location.

Also stayed for a spell at a field station in Salida, which I preferred even more. The backdrop to the lodge was heavenly. CO is certainly a place I'd consider moving, esp. given the fact that there's a good deal of geologizing to be done there.
>>
>>33561581
dude rent prices are crazy. you cant buy a house.

>people dont say that to blow smoke up their own ass. for your own good, stay away.
>>
>>33561452

When it comes to "Denver," people are referring to the literal city and county. The vast majority of the metro area is really made up of separate cities, which don't have those restrictions.
>>
>>33561691
Oh ok, well that makes me feel a little better.
>>
>>33560210
>How's Magnum, as both a range and a shop?
I only shot at the range briefly as part of a ccw class, but it was nice. very modern
it's expensive though, like 25/hr which doesn't seem worth it
as a shop it's nice enough, pretty good selection and everyone there is pretty nice
the prices aren't too bad either, and it's technically outside of the springs city limits so tax is lower
>>
DCF Guns is my local range. If I want anything longer than 50yds I go out towards Deckers innawoods
>>
>>33558912
GJFag here, for proper ranges there's Rocky Mountain Gun Club for an indoor range, resonably priced and alot of lanes. Small actual shop but I think they make most of their money on membership fees(you dont have to be a member to shoot). Also has a nice archery range. Also the outdoor range up north run by the BLM, has upto 1000yrd targets.

Or you can just go out to any BLM land and shoot inna desert.
>>
>>33561627
Fellow durangofag? Seriously though, this shit is getting out of hand.
>>
>>33564600
blm?
>>
>>33565335
bureau of land management, so government land. Theres probably about 8 or so poplular places inside the valley where people shoot inna desert.

not blacks running amuck.
>>
>>33565544
lol i figured it wasnt the #BLM #MUHSUFFERAGE.

>>33565544
how would i know im on BLM land and not crossed over into some land owners shrubbery or something?

my main thing is i want to be able to go out innawoods and shoot without people around or it being a pay-to-shoot kinda thing.

i see a lot of anons go up in the mountains to shoot, i just dont understand exactly how this all works, since everywhere ive ever lived you either go to a range, or shoot on private owned property outside city limits. the only federal land ive ever shot on is a state park with a range, but youre not supposed to even carry a gun around if you arnt going to the range on the land.

i just dont want to be the fucking newfag that gets all the local forrest rangers and locals pissed off because im operating operationally and freaking people out.

obviously i would go somewhere where its a designated zone, and make sure theres a backdrop and i dont shoot over a hiking trail,road, homes,ect. it just seems really grey area to me.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.