[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

krauts to build their own stealth fighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: Airbus-DS-FCAS-web.jpg (227KB, 650x459px) Image search: [Google]
Airbus-DS-FCAS-web.jpg
227KB, 650x459px
This is going to kill the F-35 program. The eurocanards are all overpriced and showing their age. This new fighter looks like it could take over arms sales and completely wipe out F-35 export prospects. Now with Brexit, UK arms sales is no longer part of the EU economy so it looks like Germany is ready to step up, glad to see that Germany is ready to make a strong EU.
>>
>>33556096

>Hasn't independantly made a fighter since 1945
>Wants to make a 5th gen

This should be amusing.
>>
>>33556096
he he, forgot link
http://defence-blog.com/news/germany-looks-to-develop-its-own-sixth-generation-stealth-fighter-jet.html
>>
>>33556096
kek, with what money?
>>
>>33556096
>he thinks a fighter that will only have like 100 units built will be cheaper than the F-35
>>
>>33556096
>Germany is ready to make a strong EU.
>Consistently under-delivers in defence because it is under America's umbrella of protection

Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>33556111
Who said they gonna go alone tho? Sweden and Turkey are also developing their stealth fighter
>>
>>33556210

Sweden has a long history of developing planes on their own.

Turkey have the UK basically organising it for them.

Germany? Who they gonna work with? Unless they "do a Turkey" and basically let someone else do the real work, there's no partners left who don't already have their own things.
>>
>>33556254
I meant these 3 countries could do it together

Recently Japan has signed partnership agreement to develop new stealth aircraft. Germany could ask to join too

Point is, Germany didn't have to do it alone
>>
File: Rockwell-MBB_X-31_landing.jpg (3MB, 3000x1977px) Image search: [Google]
Rockwell-MBB_X-31_landing.jpg
3MB, 3000x1977px
>>33556111
Indeed, we haven't developed any fighters in the last 70 years:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell-MBB_X-31
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBB_Lampyridae
>>
>>33556096
>15 into the future at least
>by that time F-35 will be well established fighter in inventory of many nations
>"this is gonna kill the turkey, r-right guys?"
>>
>>33556333
He said independently, so the X-31 is completely out, for fairly obvious reasons.

That leaves a design for a first gen stealth aircraft that was never made

amazing stuff
>>
>>33556357
actually in 15-20 years the f35 might just be getting old, especially in countries that are not willing to shill out 20% of their GDP for the maintenance of like 20 aircraft. so yeah.
>>
File: 1491172306680.png (12KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1491172306680.png
12KB, 390x470px
>>33556390
>thinking f35 is that expensive to maintain
>>
>>33556096
This will never happen, except if they scam the french into joining to steal tech and kill their industry, which is what will happen with Nexter since some asshat thought it was a good idea to plan a merging with KMW.
They already tried to get into the FCAS/SCAF program. With no success.

>>33556210
Sweden will not design anything else than the gripen E and they still have to sell it. They abandonned the sea gripen since of course the Sao paulo (ex Foch) is old and rusted, and indians will never buy a plane they know nothing about.

Turkey designing a stealth fighter... Mate they never built even a fucking trainer. Get real. South Korea would have better chances, and the most they did until now is a sub par F-16 rippoff trainer aircraft with the extensive help of LM.

>>33556295
Japan will never do it either. Neither them nor the UK has the ressources anymore to do so. The F-3 is far from being anything else than a little demonstrator. Its only use is as a technological testbed.

The germans will buy F-35s in ten or fifteen years, or the next US stealth fighter if it's available then, and that will be it.

Hell, they could even buy chinese since many german R&D companies are moving to China right now to be a part of the huge 400 billions $ R&D spending campaign in China.
I'm not even joking.
>>
>>33556357
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/germany-getting-ready-build-its-very-own-stealth-fighter-19911
http://www.telegiz.com/articles/19052/20170325/germany-begins-process-build-sixth-generation-stealth-jet-fighter.htm
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a25832/sixth-generation-fighter-jets-already-taking-shape/
Seems more like we want to build a sixt generation fighter from scratch.
>>
>>33556407
it is.
>>
>>33556423
>nor the UK has the ressources anymore to do so

BAE already had a project underway for the UK and they're plenty big enough. Try again.
>>
>>33556429
source
>>
>>33556333
>we

WUZ

FIGHTER JET DESIGNERS N SHIIIEET
>>
Wonder what that'll mean for the Typhoon.
>>
>>33556511
Give the project ten years and either it will disapper into nothing or it will become a REALLY nice fighter.
Currently you can't predict anything regarding our military, i wouldn`t be surprised if it stays at the approximate size 200,000 once our new cyberwarfare command is fully established, neither if it will explode into a 350,000 man cold war style military.
>>
File: RoyVF1-S-620x[1].jpg (79KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
RoyVF1-S-620x[1].jpg
79KB, 620x443px
Japan will have Valkyries before Germanistan makes a homebrew 5th gen VLO fighter.
>>
>>33556458
Yeah, a project based on FCAS, which they do with Dassault. Try again. Or do you mean replica ? The project ran from 1994 to 1999. It died 17 years ago.

>>33556936
>Give the project ten years
It took 20 years from deciding the program Eurofighter (1983) to the commission of the first aircrafts (2003) and Germany wasn't alone on this.

Face it, the only way germans will build some new fighter is through a cooperation. Except Spain has no money, Italy bought F-35, the UK too, Denmark Norway the Netherlands and Belgium also.
And it would take a lot of persuasion for Dassault to cooperate with Germany on such a program.

tl;dr : germans will buy F-35s.
>>
>>33557058
>The project ran from 1994 to 1999. It died 17 years ago.

Almost like there is a reason for that...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>33556936
I think so too, it's pathethic to deny germanic engineering skills.
>>
>>33557093
If we really follow this trough,I'm sure the technical aspect wouldn't even be remotely a problem.
Question is rather the political will, currently you can't predict anything regarding our military and midterm political developments.
>>
>>33557093
"German engineering" is a fantasy
Germany is dying, just like the rest of the west, it's all old childless fuckers who will retire without replacement in the next few years

Is Germany capable of building their own fighter? No, not at all.
>>
>>33556111
If this were some other country i'd agree but Germans have the money and the indigenous capability.

The only thing i wonder about is if there's any political backing in Germany for such big-money defense projects as is found here in America, and in Russia and China.
>>
>>33556423
>Hell, they could even buy chinese since many german R&D companies are moving to China right now to be a part of the huge 400 billions $ R&D spending campaign in China.

Wow, this is depressing
>>
>>33556429
Nice source faggot
>>
>>33556096
>High end of a hi-lo mix

Sounds right, they don't have F-22 to go with F-35.
>>
>>33556096
>Brought to you by the manufacturer of the A-400M
>>
>>33557447
>Stormfront mythology
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.