[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7.62X39 piston upper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9423.jpg (47KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9423.jpg
47KB, 1155x1155px
Is there a company that makes a 7.62X39 piston upper for ARs? If so, how much are they? Would I be able to just buy the piston kit and use a regular 7.62X39 barrel?
>>
>>33555695
You need a different lower
>>
>>33555695
Why not just buy an ak?ars in 7.62x39 are garbage.
>>
>>33555708
this. nobody has come up with a good one yet. anything passable is way overpriced for what it is.
>>
>>33555695
>7.62x39
>piston

Why do you want to spend $2000 on a 7.62 piston gun that won't work for shit when you could spend $700 on a 7.62 piston gun that will work forever
>>
>>33555708
That's why I want a piston AR in 762x39. A little more reliable. I live in Cali and can never own an AK now.
>>
>>33555734
I've seen 556 piston uppers for $500-$600. Why would a 762x39 be 4x that?
>>
>>33555769
you can own an AK if you take off the pistol grip. PSA will even ship their stripped AK barreled receivers to CA because in itself it isn't an assault weapon
>>
>>33555695
7.62 is garbage and so are you.
>>
>>33555920
Can't get AK or AR lowers in California anymore and I don't have the skill or tools to make my own.
>>
>>33555769
>A little more reliable.
THIS IS A MEME
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33555769
might as well just buy an SKS if you're a califag hung up on x39
>>
>>33555769
I got an AK before the deadline. and idk why you can't find any with a simple grip wrap to eliminate the evil pistol grip
but I've not seen any SOOO
>>33557252
do what he said and just get an SKS.

thing that sucks about x39 here is the ammo is so cheap and mostly steel cased so since no one really reloads, reloading components are hard to come by, and IDK about you but I'm not about to get a fucking ammo buying permit
>>
>>33555715
Properly made uppers are fine.

You just can't get cheapo shit and expect it to work.

The issues literally boil down to the wrong ammo being used, no fucking shit Tula, which is barely functional outta an AK wouldn't work in an AR, you can't use a cheapo bolt, and no, shearing isn't an issue inherent to the AR15, not when the pressures of .300 memeout are almost identical to 7.62x39, and a properly made upper will have a single dip barrel extension, the dual dips are made for 556 and have a massive crevice down the middle that causes issues. Nothing else, 2 minutes with a Dremel will fix it.

TLDR

No Tula

Buy a good brand

Don't be a poor faggot who can't buy a properly made upper.
>>
>>33557376
Bruh, get your brass case from where you want, bullets from xtremebullets at 16 cents a bullet. Cases, just buy some Yugo corrosivefor like 25 cents a round, have a great day at the range and be sure to pick up your brass

With CCI primers, basic powder, and good cases I could reload it for like 18 to 22 cents a round. As opposed to the ass fucking for PPI or some shit.

.300 meme out is also a choice if you don't mind cutting down lake city 556 brass and doing 5 seconds of work.
>>
>>33557783
>bullets from xtremebullets at 16 cents a bullet
I'm not OP but thanks anon
>>
>>33557783

>I could reload it for like 18 to 22 cents a round

You can buy brand new Tula/Wolf/etc for 20 cents right now.
>>
>>33556114
>thinks people care about truth
>doesn't realize that people who own both know it's an issue of quality of production, and that the design hasn't changed in 40 years.
>>
>>33557988
>You can buy brand new Tula/Wolf/etc for 20 cents right now.
not in Commieforia come 2018
>>
>>33558211

>ammo has to be shipped through an FFL along with a background check
>every fucking time too at that

As someone who lives in PA, my condolences. That's utter bullshit too by the way. I've had friends who lived in NJ who told me they get subjected to needing a fucking license to even buy guns too, but FFL requirements for ammo itself is ridiculous.
>>
>>33558274
completely unconstitutional
was talking to guys at my local gun shop
literally the only reason Cali does this is because the fed doesn't do shit
the one thing that supersedes state fucking rights is the FEDERAL constitution, but (((they))) don't like the 2A so (((they))) Don't enforce the constitution as was intended by the Framers
>>
>>33558489
>doesn't understand how circuit courts work
>9th fucking circuit court
>split supreme court
not a chance in hell anyone allows that to go anywhere.
>>
>>33558678
not RN of course, we really need a fucking pro 2A justice in
>>
>>33555704
Only if you want to run AK mags. The make stanag compatible 7.62 mags. look up the cmmg mutant series. honestly op could just put a piston conversion kit on one of those.
>>
>>33555734
>short stroke>long stroke
>AR>AK
>Anything>soviet garbage
take your pick faggot
>>
My second AR build was in 7.62x39. Check out CBC industries for an upper and get an enhanced firing pin from Brownells. I shoot steel case from any brand without any issues.

Why would you want to mess with a piston though?
>>
>>33555695
vz58 is a good option.

but i know you wanted an AR, which is a poor choice in non-5.56 or .300
>>
>>33561332
Keeps the gun cleaner since no gas or powder goes near the bolt.
>>
You could get an ARAK upper if you are really committed to this stupid idea.
>>
>>33561735
Ar were designed for 308
>>
POF Puritan.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.