[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Century Arms hate thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0278.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0278.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
Never fall for the Century arms meme. Pic related happened to my friends c308 last weekend about 800 rds in. Still no response from century.

Share your century arms stories or other shitty gun stories
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
other angle. Happened during bumpfiring and the 2nd half of the stock just flew off
>>
>>33555507
I have 2 Century Arms Guns.
>WASR-10/63
>C93
Both have over 2000 rounds and they never had a malfunction that wasn't user error.
>>
>>33555507
Wheres the pins?
>>
bumpfiring voids the warrenty
>>
>>33555546
FN pls
>>
>>33555545
we took them off for the pic
>>
>>33555546
nothing voids the warranty unless the manufacturer can definitely prove it alone caused the malfunction
>>
>>33555541
gee wiz a whole 2k? your single anecdotal experience clearly offsets the swarms of reported catastrophic failures from the drunken monkeys building hot garbage at CAI.

>>33555569
kek
>>
File: 1490116360734.png (121KB, 667x645px) Image search: [Google]
1490116360734.png
121KB, 667x645px
>I was using my gun in a way it wasn't designed for
>oh my god it broke what a piece of shit
>>
>>33555598
Are you fucking retarded ? It's bumpfiring not like he threw it off a three story building.

Kill yourself retard this is a gun not a smartphone.
>>
>>33555507
Any idea what the bolt gap is?
>>
>>33555598
century pls go
>>
>>33555507
You needed 2 threads for a fix that is 5 bucks and 30 seconds of your time?
>>
>>33555541
>he uses the fact that his two centuryshit guns haven't completely shit the bed in under 2000 rounds to validate his poorfag, moronic firearm purchases

point and laugh, boys
>>
dude just put the buttstock back in the backplate. holy shit, you cannot be this retarded.
>>
>>33555587
negative, the warrenty is now void
>>
>>33555541
the wasr isn't made by century
>>
>>33555651
>i've never dissasembled a prtr in my life

shouldn't you be in school?
>>
>>33555529
>boo-hoo-hoo my gun failed when I was using it in a way that it wasnt designed for

Fuckin idiot, bumpfiring is famous for breaking civvy guns designed for semi auto only.
>>
>>33555507
You seem kinda like an asshole. Maybe God is trying to tell you something. Sell your guns while you can, before something worse happens to you.
>>
>>33555507
my god, op you're such a retard.
>>
>makes a thread about this
>gets btfo and called a retard
>makes another thread
>the same thing happens
do you enjoy being publicly humiliated or something?
>>
>>33555609
Bumpfiring ISNT like throwing your phone off a building. Its like running high octane in a consumer car, or overclocking a CPU without adding better cooling.

If you bumpfire a gun that hasnt had the proper work done on it its gonna fail hard and early.

You are gonna see cracked and warped recievers, chipped bolts, broken firing pins, wore out springs etc etc.

Especially if you use a plinker-quality gun from century. Everyone I know who has experimented with bumpfiring and didnt take measures to deal with the added stresses on the weapon have expierienced major failures at one point or another.

If you use a product wrong and it fails thats your own damned fault.
>>
>>33555850
If a gun can't hire something as simple as bumpfiring it's a piece of shit. Period.
>>
keking at the army of poorfag tards who own garbage century products and are emotionally invested in their scrap metal who now feel the need to defend their poor company from the big bad bully on the internet
>>
>>33555850
You're fucking retarded and have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>33555850
>Its like running high octane in a consumer car

literally nothing will happen. octane only prevents detonation due to higher compression; a spark plug will still set it off
>>
File: 1491500169658.jpg (52KB, 625x552px) Image search: [Google]
1491500169658.jpg
52KB, 625x552px
>>33555541
isnt c93 supposed to be surprisingly good despite century being a steaming pile of shit of a company?
>>
>>33555870
If you cant accept consequences of exceeding a machines design parameters you are a piece of shit. Period.

You arent any different than the idiot I watched blow his walther p38 up last week trying to fire +p through it.
>>
>>33555901
>Running rebuilt versions of FA guns by doing bumpfire is the same as running scalding hot modern ammo in a p38

t. Nofuns
>>
>>33555921
The weapon is rebuilt and redesigned to be used exclusivley for semi auto.

If you exceed that parameter and expect absolutley nothing bad to happen youre an idiot.
>>
>>33555850
mmmm, got any sources for that sounds kinda like fudd lore to me at a glance. IIRC all bump firing does is take advantage of the firearms recoil to help you pull the trigger quicker. no part of that equation should put the gun under significantly more stress than rapidly pulling the trigger. not like youre messing with the actual cycling speed or making it OOB, aint even like slam firing an old shotgun.
>>
>>33555935
Yes because adding a disconnector or some other small part is equivelent to rebuilding the entire gun with different parts and function.
Jesus Christ...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1489002284470.jpg (33KB, 676x505px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489002284470.jpg
33KB, 676x505px
>>33555935
It's still firing semi-auto when you bumpfire, you absolute donut. Do you have any concept of how bumpfire works?
>>
File: I dunno.jpg (18KB, 500x327px)
I dunno.jpg
18KB, 500x327px
>>33555507
>>33555529
Why bother sending it to century? You can buy a surplus G3 stock for like $20.
>>
>>33555507

Century had nothing to do with this one. Bump firing didn't either.

C308s (and supposedly furniture as well) are manufactured by PTR, using cetme part kits imported by century. The furniture is new manufacture (IIRC).

On original CETME rifles, the ferrule that you see as two pieces should actually be a single piece, retained by several bolts in the buffer assembly. the crimps just help hold things in place, and are not the primary means of stock retention.

It appears that the one piece ferrule is actually two pieces, welded together. Spot welding failed, hence 'muh broke, fuck century mirite?'

I'm voting manufacturer defect, ask them to send you a new stock. I've never seen this type of failure before, and if it was common, it would be all over the internet. This isn't a bad excuse to 'upgrade' to wood furniture either.
>>
>>33555966
>>33555965
>>33555968

If you increase the rate of fire to 500 to 600 rpm you are shaking your gun apart and rapidly wearing the gun out.

You can do a burst or two just fine, but if you take a bottom barrel plinker from century, or some shitty $400 AR and expect it to handle sustained rates of fire like that you will be soreley disappointed.

How do you think century manages to keep prices cheap? Do you think they are using the highest quality machined parts made with the best matierials?

No theyre using lower grade matierials with less precision machining.

Its why a PTR-91 shoots twice as accurate as a C-308. Theyre both the same design so why is one 1.5-2 MOA and the other is 3-4 moa?

Because the century has looser tolerances, and lower quality matierials with more flex under stress. (Rifles DO flex when you fire them)

So you bump fire something thats not anywhere near the quality of a real G3 and expect it to work out fine? No, with those loose tolerances and all that extra flex something is gonna fail.

A PTR-91 could probably do it, a nice AR or AK can do it. If you try to apply that extra stress to a lower end parts-kit tier weapon its going to break.
>>
Why even bumpfire?
>>
>>33555637
>over 2000.
Learn to read faggot.
>>
>>33555895
The C93 is a good gun, I've ran over 2000 to maybe 3000 wolf 55gr steel and it runs just fine.
>>
>>33555590
>WASR
>C93.
Both are good guns. The only bad guns were the FrankenFAL's by Century.
>>
>>33556067
You're an idiot. Both designs are hardy welded metal shells. They simply cut corners on the rear weld here and it fell to pieces on distress here. Century is always picking new builders which is why QC wildly differs.
>>
>>33556286
>>33556233
C93s are either good or fucking awful
The retards at century GROUND DOWN THE BOLT FACE to try and "headspace" the ones that needed it
>>
>>33556302
>QC wildly differs
>so lets crank the rate of fire up to 500-600 and see what happens
>>
>>33555541
The WASR isn't actually made by century, just imported. Any of the guns they import are fine so long as centruy doen't fucwith them aside from applying an import mark.

The C93 is literally the only century made gun that isn't complete dogshit and actually performs well for its price. I'm not saying its a good idea to buy century but if I would it would most likely be one of the two guns you got from them.
>>
>>33556067 you do realize that the only thing century had to do with the C308 was the sourcing of the parts and distribution. Anything that isn't surplus on the gun is made and assembled by PTR.
>>
>>33555541
>I have 2 Century Arms Guns.
>>WASR-10/63
>>C93
No, you have 1 Cugir and 1 Century. And a sample size of one is not a valid sample.
>>
>>33556480
I got a c39, I havent had any problems either. At 3500 rounds and it hasnt shown any signs of excessive wear, not 1 single malfunction.

People keep telling me its a shit rifle but it just keeps doin what its supposed to.
>>
>>33555541
>>WASR-10/63
I have like 5 Century guns if you count imports.
Mosin, P64, P83, Mak, WASR.

However, you'll notice I have no OEM Century guns, because they're trash.
>>
>bumpfire pot metal piece of shit
>it breaks
what a revelation
>>
>>33555507
Fuck off OP, this is the 2nd time u posted this thread. No one cared and that's why ur first died.
>>
>>33556067
FA cyclic rate of fire isn't that hard on guns. Literally the cheapest guns to make are shitty FA tube based SMG bullet hoses. This issue was clearly caused by manufacturer defect and would have happened regardless. Its not like rapid fire causes your gun to reach some magical brown note of flexing that will break apart anything but the highest quality teutonically forged wonder weapon. would love to see any kind of sources of merit to back up your silly claims.
>>
>>33557238
Youre just oversimplifying what I stated to make it sound stupid.

I didnt say shit about a "magical brown note" effect. I stated that a lower qual9ty gun is going to handle stresses more poorly and something on it will fail.

Your gun shakes itself apart. And as for the cheapest weapons being full auto, those are direct blowback with very few moving parts firing pistol caliber cartridges.

If you try to bumpfire something like .308 out of a cheap century repro you will get very poor results and break something.

I dont even need to post proof, OP's photo is perfect evidence of this. Go ahead, bumpfire cheap parts kit guns, SOMETHING is going to break. I garuntee it.

Dont come crying to me when your shitty pot-metal AK-clone or bubbas gunshop quality AR shits the bed, im just making silly claims afterall....
>>
>>33557565
>not saying theres some sort of magical brown note effect when you hit a certain cyclic rate causing some sort or resonant note effect

>just saying once you reach a certain cyclic rate firearms that are perfectly fine and reliable under normal use will literally shake their receivers apart at the welds/bolts

> i dont need any proof!

K, makes sense, that's why all those semi auto ARs cant be converted to FA without exploding
>>
>>33555796
>>33555979
Fucking This!
>>
File: C308_kaboom.jpg (836KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
C308_kaboom.jpg
836KB, 3264x2448px
>>33555980
>C308s (and supposedly furniture as well) are manufactured by PTR,
The receiver and barrel are manufactured by PTR but sent to Century in VT for assembly.
>>
>>33555895
have one, only malfunction so far is a failure to go into battery from a topped off beat up 40rnd. It hasn't happened again with that mag so whatever.
>>
>>33557606
Is it REALLY that fucking hard of a concept to grasp?
If you try to make a $600 parts kit bumpfire at high cyclic rates its gonna fucking break.

Dumbasses like you watch videos of guys online bumpfiring arsenals, saigas, and bushmasters and go "oh boy! I could do that with my century!"

Then it fuckin breaks because its a lower end gun designed to fire semi auto during casual civilian use, its just dolled up to look military. Then it fuckin does exactly what OPs did and its this huge fuckin mystery why it happened.

Go ahead, call century up and ask them if bump-firing is included in the intended use of the weapon. They will tell you exactly what I am in a very brief summary.

Dont fucking do it, its not a real G3, its going to break, our warranty does not cover anything caused by misusing this product.
>>
>>33555507
http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303621

This is a pretty good C308 thread. The OP literally built a gas piston CETME in .243 so he knows a little about roller lock guns for those who don't recognize the name.
>>
>>33555935
What's it like working at century? Do you envy ptr employees?
>>
>>33557832
well mystery solved it's got a bunch of shitty cetme parts in it.

But now I'm curious where the parts for the c93 come from.
>>
>>33558184
Malaysian HK33 parts kits.
>>
File: 20170401_120422-1-1.jpg (3MB, 1594x2898px) Image search: [Google]
20170401_120422-1-1.jpg
3MB, 1594x2898px
>>33555507
What a jackass. It was probably his "truck gun and was treated as such. No fucking way that a cheap rifle with cheap furniture that they expect you'll swap out broke while being abused. Nigga was probably squeezing the stock between his rolls and forearm putting sideways pressure on the stock.

Get a surplus stock for like 15 dollars. My c308 is well over 2500 rounds and going strong.
>>
>>33555850
its not at all like firing +P rounds which is what youre trying to refer to and btw higher octane is better for your car you idiot it prevents knock

secondly if a gun fails when firing quickly then wow its a piece of shit
>>
>>33557798
hahahaah youre typing this much to support a piece of shit which had a poorly welded stock?
remember not to pull the trigger on yoour non existent pistol too fast lest the barrel slide out
>>
>>33556067
Look at this faggot acting like he knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>33555529
>bumpfiring
There's your problem.
>>
>>33555507
This is the exact reason we tell you faggots to spend an extra $100 and get the fucking PTR.

Fuck, you stupid faggots never learn.
>>
>>33555507
Yeah, the rear-end and recoil spring on mine were in really shitty condition from CAI (along with a few other things). Replaced it with the wood buttstock and end cap and spring from a FA-CETME L armourers kit. If I didn't have to worry about constructive possession/intent, I'd throw the FA bolt in there as well, since it's in better shape than the one CAI provided. But the kit had enough of the smaller parts that after cleaning the degunking the CAI provided bolt, the gun would actually work reliably.
>>
>>33557746
The internal components. like the trigger group, bolt and bolt carrier are often used surplus, or were in my case.
>>
>>33561524
>>33561524
Did you really just put a carry handle on there? Chucklefuck lol
>>
>>33555587
I have forwarded a screen grab of this thread to Century.
>>
>>33562692
That's a long range precision optic sir.
>>
>>33561524
I don't care what the other girls say anon, I actually think that carry handle looks cool.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.