/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King cobra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0214.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0214.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>be Russian pilot
>be world war 2
>this is your airplane
How happy or scared are you?
>>
>>33554206
I love flying! So....I'll be happy.
>>
I'd be pissed. The plane they gave me is missing it's fucking cannon.
>>
>P-39: shit hot
>P-63: twice as shit-hot

YES, NIGGA, YES
>>
>>33554206
>Fighting germans
>mid combat with some of my ammunition depleted
>Enter stall in combat
>In unrecoverable flat spin
>have to bail out over german controlled territory
>Captured and assraped by nazi scum
>somehow survive instead of getting summarily executed
>they thought I was a jew after I ditched my uniform
>blame usa for russian problems
>>
>>33554394

They fixed that, actually. The Russians were misloading the aircraft. Bell aircraft didn't even believe it was happening until an experienced pilot demonstrated the flat spin for one of their reps. The plane was balanced for the forward weight of cannon and ammo, the instructions even said that unarmed planes being ferried needed to have a box of spent shells left in the forward cannon ammo bay (the plane was designed at a minimum to fly properly with the forward gun's ammo spent, it didn't eject the casings overboard like most guns, apparently.)

Once they got that worked out the P-39s were in good shape. The P-63 was just a souped-up P-39 built to order for happy Russians, so it ironed out any remaining tendencies towards flat spins.

P-39/63 are some of the most criminally under-rated aircraft of the war.
>>
>>33554206
>Tricycle gear
>Scared
What am I, a toddler?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
The propeller shaft where it enters the gearbox in the nose
>>
>>33554766
Scared of FW-190 or BF-109?
>>
>>33554810
>FW-190
Maybe
>Bf-109
Yes
>>
Russian? How about French in Indochina? That's where the most interesting use of the Kingcobra was.

http://p63kingcobra.com/french_p63_kingcobras.html
>>
>>33555626
>being more scared of a 109 than a 190 than a P-63

That seems rather backwards. The 109 might be better than a 190 in sheer power/weight and vertical performance but a P-63 will shit on both of them at any altitude in that regard. It'll also out-roll the fuck out of a 109.

The 190, however, has a peak roll rate of 190+ degrees a second, which is FUCKING INSANE. No matter what you do it's a slippery little bastard that can leave you talking to yourself in a real hurry if you're careless.
>>
>>33555855
Think he means landing these shits, keeping the wingtip of my model 109, off the ground is like skating on a plane k of wood with one foot, and my fw190 model has never not flipped
>>
>>33556375
>Think he means landing these shits,

Aaaaah, yeah, true. The fullscale ones weren't much better; a great many 109s were lost in landing accidents because of that issue. Nasty, narrow little landing gear.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.