[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ruger Mini 14 vs SKS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: SD532714_zps69c0415d.jpg (108KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SD532714_zps69c0415d.jpg
108KB, 1024x768px
Hello. I live in the state of Massachusetts, and thus my options are rather limited when it comes to getting a semi-auto rifle. I think I have narrowed it down to either the Mini 14 or the SKS. Anyone have recommendations, or experience with either or both of these rifles? How do Russian, Chinese, and Yugo SKSs compare to one another?
>>
>>33551866
I have owned both, and if I had to pick only one it would be the Mini-14. Far lighter, detachable magazines, available in stainless, etc.
>>
Mini-14. Full-capacity magazines are just a road trip up I-93 or I-95 to the New Hampshire malls away.
>>
>>33551866
Move
>>
>>33551866
Mini 14 since .223 is produced in the US far more than 7.62 x 39 is.
>>
>>33552140
Why does this matter
>>
>>33552226
Guns are useless without ammo, and 7.62 x 39 will not be cheap forever since most of it is imported from overseas and tariffs are very likely incoming.
>>
You could buy a pre-July AR, but that'd run you about $1200 instead of $600 for a mini-14. I'm actually gonna buy a mini-14 and sell my AR while the prices are bullshit high here.

>>33552226
.223 is going to be cheap forever thanks it to being a huge domestic caliber. x39 doesn't have that kind of market in the US.
>>
>>33552388
>.223 is the first caliber to go out of stock thanks it to being a huge domestic caliber.
>x39 doesn't have that kind of market in the US.
Day /k/ worst /k/
>>
Why not both?
>>
>>33552388
>>33552239
There will be domestic manufacturers producing 7.62x39 in the unlikely event it becomes noticeably more expensive any time soon.
>>
>>33552128
I'm not going to move just for guns. If I do ever end up moving it will be for a better job and an overall better quality of life.
>>33552239
That's a good point
>>33552688
Dubs, so maybe. I just want to get one at first though
>>
>>33552740
If you're going to start with one, start with an SKS purely on the merit that's it's milsurp and not produced any more making them both rarer and more expensive the longer you wait.
>>
>>33552388
Go to Shooter's in NH. Not sure if they still do this, but they told the Mass AG to piss off and kept selling ARs to Mass residents. Their whole thing was extremely public and basically a "we don't listen to the AG, only the ATF. They didn't tell us to stop, so there you go."
>>
>>33552810

The problem is the gun you buy from NH is now illegal to own in Mass. They could jam you up for that if they wanted to. It's a different situation from the off-list handguns that a MA dealer can't sell but it's legal for you and me to own.

The AG's letter actually specifies all AWs are illegal but she's declining to prosecute for the time being if you own a pre-7/20.
>>
>>33552740
>I'm not going to move just for guns. If I do ever end up moving it will be for a better job and an overall better quality of life.

Stop being reasonable. You are on /k/. There are only guns in your life.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.