[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earth vs the galactic empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
https://youtu.be/vWtKEh3B4Ec

Just watched part 1 and 2. What do you guys think? Could we kick empire ass? And while I agree we don't have the resources to build a star destroyer on our planet, we would have the resources orbiting us which we could use to make some kind of reaver-like spacecraft out of destroyed sections of ship. Personally, I think if we have the capability to take out and rebuild a star destroyer (which I think we do) we would also probably take over and become the galactic empire.
>>
>>33551465

this is so fucking stupid plz off yourself and go shill somewhere else
>>
>>33551470
What's your malfunction man? It's a debate about military capability which last time I checked was what everyone here talks about all day every day. Fuck off if you don't like it.
>>
>>33551465
Are you kidding, it'd be an absolute one-sided slaughter. They dont even have to fight us, they could just economically dominate via cheap goods beyond our wildest dreams.

>build something in orbit

there are a very limited number of countries who can reach LEO, fewer that can hit a LEO target in a predictable orbit, let alone countries that could target and hit a fast-moving dynamic TIE. Our sats are TIE fighter food.

We also are greivously outmatched industrially. Our modern combat doctrine doesnt work on the Empire. Their logistics cant be touched. Our WMDs arent a major concern to them. MAD isnt in effect when they have a Death Star or Starkiller Base or any number of nasty weapons. They can pick the time, place, and method of attack, and we can only defend.

This is true for basically any interstellar species we'd go up against. They can take their time and pick off oil refineries, factories, hubs like the Pentagon, comms stations, ports, airports, etc, and we can literally do nothing to retaliate at the strategic level. Ffs the Empires solution to the Death Star blowing up was to just a build a bigger one over the course of like a year.

This is like asking if 1800s Japan could take on modern NATO
>>
>>33551465
They could wipe the entire planet with our asses in a day or 2 utilizing a backwater, busted ass, ready-for-retirement, Star Destroyer that's being piloted by an incompetent skeleton crew and some droids and make it back to Coruscant in time for evening chow.

We wouldnt even have time to draw a giant dick as a post-humanity "fuck you" going away present
>>
I agree with the other guy, this is a fucking dumb thread. A single star destroyer could lob nukes from orbit basically with impunity.
>>
lolno.

>>33551583
he summed it up.
It's not david vs goliath, it's davids scuffed toenails vs goliath.
>>
File: 1469079342854.jpg (85KB, 600x905px) Image search: [Google]
1469079342854.jpg
85KB, 600x905px
>>33551465
>>
>>33551465

A Star Destroyer fleet (sure, a single star destroyer could render the planet uninhabitable, but lets assume they want to annex it) would just glass whatever open opposition occurred, use its star fighter fleet to screen for anything the star destroyers missed, then send down troopers to clean up what's left. And what is often forgotten is that their "impractical walkers" only make up a part of their mechanized forces and they have dozens of models of assault guns and tank destroyers like the TX-225 which, while probably still not as flexible as a modern MBTs, would eventually overwhelm them with sheer numbers and firepower.
>>
>>33551829
Oh, I didn't expect this thread to be filled with so many Imperial shills

Let me elaborate,
on a ground battle, infantry and armor against infantry and armor, Earth wins.
AT-STs get blown up by getting smacked from either side by two big logs for fuck's sake, I doubt their armor could withstand modern anti-armor.
And Stormtroopers can't hit shit. The ones in Rogue One were knocked out by a big stick, too.

Obviously if they use star destroyers they can just sit in space and bombard the Earth from orbit but I don't think that's what OP meant.
>>
>>33551465
Infatry vise: yes. they cant aim, have shitty camo and are retarded.
airplanewise: no. we are fucked.
>>
>>33551880
oh and also. their walkers are a joke. huge clumsy targets.
>>
>>33551465
ITT people who do not realize how big a GALACTIC Empire is.

They could send nothing but their POGs at us and we would be overwhelmed.
>>
>>33551465
>Who would win
>The army guys men + tanks
>Or the elite space stormtrooper guys who can blow planets up

You must be 18 or older to post on this board.
>>
File: The_Terran_Empire.png (101KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
The_Terran_Empire.png
101KB, 1680x1050px
We are the Empire.
>>
File: rambo[1].gif (1MB, 260x197px) Image search: [Google]
rambo[1].gif
1MB, 260x197px
>all those "stormtroopers can't hit" comments.
If you base yourselves on the movies for this, you must use mook marksmanship and complete lack of tactics for Earth as well.
>>
>>33552352
That and supposedly they were missing for a reason in ANH. However RoTJ was just Lucas and his insanity coming through.

Fucking ewoks and log traps.
>>
>>33552352
I think of this exact scene everytime someone posts one of those "Stormtrooper has bad accuracy lel!" memes.

Plot armor is some stupid bullshit and I loved that everyone fucking died in Rogue One.
>>
>>33551856
>And Stormtroopers can't hit shit.
What gives you that idea? They wreck shit during the battle of Hoth.
>>
>>33552417
Tbf, after the early surprise of the Ewoks the Empire started wrecking their shit until Chewie stole a walker.

>>33551856
We still dont win against literal infinite armor. The empire probably has more AT-STs than there are humans on Earth. They probably have more AT-AT walkers than we have humans. They have floating tanks, tanks with wheels, walkers, droids, literally everything we can feasibly imagine in a ridiculous quantity.
>>
>The Galactic Empire's territory at its peak consisted of some one and a half million member and conquered worlds, as well as sixty-nine million colonies, protectorates and puppet states spread throughout the entire galaxy, stretching from the borders of the Deep Core to at least Wild Space.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire

You must be crazy if you think Earth can fight against those numbers.
>>
File: laughing captain and thor.gif (3MB, 552x370px) Image search: [Google]
laughing captain and thor.gif
3MB, 552x370px
>>33551829
>>
>>33551465

If they send their ground troops, the Stormtroopers, they will get slaughtered immediately. It wouldn't even be a contest against trained US troops.

The Empire will win however using superior tech, Tie aircraft, armor, and the Death Star.
>>
If it was ground troops vs ground troops Earth wins, stormtroopers cant even beat Ewoks for fuck sake

Realistically though theyd just blow us up from space if we were a problem
>>
File: 1491475230726.jpg (15KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
1491475230726.jpg
15KB, 211x238px
>>33551465
Just watched discovery channel documentary on cave men part 1 and 2. What do you guys think? Could a bunch of rock-hucking near apes defeat the modern world's military?

That's basically the same question you are asking, only more stupid because the galactic empire is complete fiction.

>Entire different tier of civilization capable of traveling between star systems
>Capable of the logistics to support battles on a galactic scale
>Oppressing an entire galaxy of people with the same tier of technology
>Can build a weapon/vessel the size of a small moon that can destroy entire planets in seconds
>Can they beat a 21st century, majority earth-bound, primitive by comparison civilization that hasn't sent men their neighboring planet(s)?

McFucking kill yourself.
>>
>>33552606
>stormtroopers cant even beat Ewoks for fuck sake
The same Ewoks that managed to capture a Jedi and a wookie? You really underestimate them.
>>
File: 1458698024010.png (133KB, 414x421px) Image search: [Google]
1458698024010.png
133KB, 414x421px
>>33552585
>>33552606

"I've only watched the movie: The Post."
>>
>>33552508
Now that I think about it, how the fuck did anything that happened in the SW movies have any effect on the empire? Who would care about Alderaan disappearing? With 1.5 million other planets I doubt most galactic citizens had even heard of it. Blowing up the death star would be like terrorists bombing HAARP, we wouldn't ever hear about it and it wouldn't do shit to America as a whole. ROTJ had the second death star being destroyed (again, secret weapon that the public doesn't even know about) and the deaths of Vader (neither a politician nor prominent in the military, so if you aren't high-level military or stationed on the death star or his personal ship, hes a literally who) and the emperor (this would make the news, but moffs were the real regional powers. Besides, heads of state die all the time, especially when they are his age.) Yet the events of the movies are portrayed as resulting in the complete fall of the empire.
>>
File: 1471268007582.jpg (17KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471268007582.jpg
17KB, 282x300px
>>33552620
you should have this jpg for later, for others not you
>>
>>33552623
>Caring about the expanded universe
bruh
>>
File: 1488948037136.jpg (157KB, 741x747px) Image search: [Google]
1488948037136.jpg
157KB, 741x747px
>>33552654
Saved.
>TFW no good Ronald for original post
>>
>>33552623

Yeah, the movies are all we need man. Did you even fucking see Rouge One? Those guys dropped faster than John Podesta's pants at a kid's birthday party.

I was disappointed as hell. For once I wished they make those guys potent well trained soldiers like the Nazis on the Eastern front that they were based on.
>>
>>33552641
You are right, it makes no sense for the empire to fall just because Emps dies, Palpatine knows no one lives forever not even a Sith lord so must have had contingency plans in place.
>>
>>33552671
But then it wouldnt be "realistic" for a blind man to beat them with a stick
>>
>>33552685

He could if he used the force.
>>
>>33552671
>Yeah, the movies are all we need man.
Fuck off
>>
>>33552704

Keep delving in your fantasy made for youtube movies faggot. It is what it is you lil nigga.
>>
>>33552641
It didn't, in the books with high command taken out, all the Imperial moffs/commanders basically splintered into their own factions and controlled their own sectors.
>>
>>33552720
Wow lets disregard hundreds of books published by the makers of Star Wars!
> It is what it is you lil nigga.
Nah, just because you comprehend reading doesn't make it true f a m
>>
>>33552752

Yeah I read some of those books, comics, and media. Stormies are always getting dropped. As much as I want to see them kick ass they get dropped almost as fast as battle droids.

Clones are a whole different story. No one would dare fuck with them.
>>
>>33552790
What books
>>
>>33552839

That one where a gray haired Clone Trooper meets up with Luke.
>>
>>33551880
> Airplane wise no
Airplane wise, yes, we win again. SAM can eliminate a tie very easy, they can't go that fast in atmosphere. Our fighters would just pick them off from miles away.
>>33552623
Nobody cares about the books you dweeb, they're cool but it's not even cannon anymore ya Mook
>>33552752
The makers of the books do things like make a turbo laser equal to a bunch of nukes, just because they want to use maths to beat up Star trek. Fuck those guys
> Lol whatever I write is cannon
Glad Disney finally put a leash on those faggots
>>33552677
The emperor was holding the empire together through the force, he was using battle meditation or something similar in order to control the grand moffs and Imperial Governors across the Galaxy. When he died, the Empire split into a bunch of Warlord ruled factions and was quickly swept aside by the Rebellion, or the New Republic, or whatever.

Even the Stormtroopers and the cartoons are hella dumb man, I really wish that they would at least roll out some new kinds of Stormtroopers that look more, act more like the shock troopers the Nazis used against the Russians like anon somewhere in here said.

But to be honest senpai, if it was just one star destroyer and they did not want to just glass, it would go very much like the Covenant trying to attack without glass I guess, we would kick their ass on the ground and in the air, but since they can just take out targets like the Pentagon and the White House and aircraft carriers from space with impunity, it renders victory impossible.

I really wish America would build a giant space station with non nuclear weapons and just rule the galaxy already. BAKA
>>
>>33552685
That shit really annoyed me. I felt that both of the newest films were pretty bad. However that chanting the one line and going on and on reminded me of ANTIFA people and their gay little chants. I just know that some probably watched Rogue One and saw themselves as at.
>>
>>33551465
This is a joke....right?
Drop a couple of rocks on us and that'd be it.
>>
>>33553266
Actually, SAMs may not be that effective. It's known that Star Wars has some bullshit-tier EWAR, with the empire having some stupid strong comms fuckery. TIES can also fly fucking sideways (seen in Rebels) or like helicopters and may be extremely maneuverable compared to ours, not considering bullshit sci fi materials. Their own missiles are ridiculously maneuverable (the Proton torpedo that blew up the death star turned like 90 degrees in maybe 10 feet).

The turboweapons = nuclear explosives isnt invalid, actually. The flashes seen in the Throne Room at Episode 6 indicates incredibly powerful weapons were being used. The novelization explicitly describes thermonuclear explosions happening right outside Admiral Ackbars ship. Pacification via Base Delta Zero (glassing) was mentioned in a line in Rebels, and glassing would be hella hard without nuclear-tier dakka.

if anything, the only complaint I have is that we have never seen turbolasers used on ground targets from orbit. There may be unknown reasons for that though, ranging from atmospheric dickery/environmental consideration/friendlies in the AO (most likely)/too busy with their own fire missions/dont want to shoot into an area your own fighters are present. In just about every "space vs ground" encounter we see (Hoth, Endor, Scariff), theres a planetary shield in the way. At geonosis and kashyyk, they have friendlies in the AO.
>>
>>33551465
wasn't empire really just usa and the jedi and the rebel scum where just the nva??
>>
>>33552585
>>33552606
Wait, doesn't stormtrooper's armor completely stop slugthrower projectiles? This means that our weapons couldn't even touch them.
>>
>>33556350

Couldn't stop ewok arrows. I think a 7.62 should get through it right?
>>
>>33553266
Just gonna throw out that you sound underaged
>>
Join forces to defeat the (((Rebels)))
>>
>>33555993

yes and the us has the shitty military that can't aim for shit so it takes them 250k rounds per enemy KIA
>>
>>33556350
it didnt stop rocks or tree-nigger arrows, so no, they would get smokechecked.
>>
>>33552641
This >>33552729
Except they also fought over becoming the new emperor. It wasn't until Thrawn came back 10 or so years later and slapped their shit around as the only grand admiral left that the various factions reunited into an empire.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.