[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there anyone who makes a modern rifle with iron sights like this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Kar98K07.jpg (79KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
Kar98K07.jpg
79KB, 900x470px
is there anyone who makes a modern rifle with iron sights like this
>>
or aftermarket
>>
>>33550428
I guess I could put an AK front and rear sight block onto an AR for you..
>>
>>33550428
These tangent sights we're from a time when military doctrine hadn't figured out what kind of realistic engagement distances would be in rifle equipped infantry combat. Sure, maybe on paper your rifle round is effective at 2000 yards, but you probably won't be engaging in a fight at that distance.

The exception, of course being a DMR or sniper role, but you would be using glass for that in any modern application of that role instead of irons.
>>
>>33550445
I kind of doubt something like a 7.92mm Mauser would be especially effective at those ranges, or every accurate, I think the general idea of that range was for multiple soldiers to lay down harassing fire (basically, sporadic long range suppression), not so much causing damage or casualty.

>DMR
>2000 yards
Not even, I don't think even snipers go for shots that long very often, that's really incredibly far and there's obscene difficulty hitting your mark at that distance.

There was however the unrealistic expectations that average soldiers would actually be able to put their rifles to good use at like 800 yards, because technically you could, but as we know, infantry engagements generally top out at half that distance.
>>
Related question: How far out can you expect to be accurate with iron sights like this? I go out to the 100 yard range at my local with my Mauser and Mosin, and do about as well as getting most of the shots on the target somewhere. Keep in mind, I'm a new shooter using iron sights only.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30KB, 336x188px
Engaging some poor cuck at 2000m
>>
How do you aim with the sights set on such a high setting like 800+ for example you can't get a sight picture with them lifted so high.
>>
>>33550428
The CZ 455 Trainer, which I mentioned last time you posted this.
>>
>>33550445
It's also leftover from the days of volley fire against large formations of troops.
Was particularly effective when dealing with native revolts where they would charge over long distances to try and get into hand to hand combat.
>>
>>33550489
I shoot out to 300 yards with irons only fairly often. Takes practice and good fundamentals but it's certainly achievable.
>>
>>33550489
Realistically 500 yards is possible but beyond that goes beyond what the average shooter can accomplish. Past 500 yards a man's body will look like the head of a pin. There has been some crazy distance iron sight hits before though.
>>
>>33550504
You do this thing where you look down them. It's really simple.
>>
Century Arms RAS-47
100% made in America.
I have one, its pretty good. Magpul edition comes with all magpul furniture (ready for mlok)

https://www.classicfirearms.com/ras47-rifle-ak-type-semi-auto-by-century-arms-w-moe-furniture
>>
>>33552056
http://www.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/tag/ras-47/

Not safe for serious shooters
>>
>>33552056
Stop trolling please
>>
>>33552056
>recommending a gun that's known to be a handbomb
You have 10 seconds to report this post.
>>
File: 1318116807366.png (634KB, 832x621px) Image search: [Google]
1318116807366.png
634KB, 832x621px
>tfw no 16" mini nugget in x39 with irons and AK bayonet lug
It's all I want out of life.
>>
>>33550652
This. I really want one, but can't justify the purchase of another gun before I invest in a gun cabinet/safe that'll hold all my guns.

>buying a gun is way more fun than buying something that isn't a gun
>>
>>33552468
Good God yes. Let it use SKS stripper clips and my body is ready.

Seriously, the cz527 is close to perfect, but I want a repro old world Mauser in a modern intermediate cartridge that can be fed from a stripper clip. And dammit I want a top handguard on the barrel. They can totally free float that today. Only change I would want is a polymer furniture and a rear peep sight like the Madsen m47.
>>
>>33552890
Well, making it feed from stripperclips could be tricky (but probably not entirely impossible), though having a new stock made for it and fitting a bayonet lug on it (perhaps in the style of the SMLE, for ease of modification and to allow for freefloating), isn't outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>33552890
I too know what it's like to want guns that don't and will also never exist.
>>
>>33553492
Just fucking butcher a CZ rifle to try to let it happen.

Don't let your hope be dreams, etc.
>>
>>33550428
My FN MAG is like that.
>>
>>33550428
No.

Let me know if you know of a modern rifle that has a trapdoor action.
>>
>>33552724
Is the purchase of a safe mandatory in order to own a gun in the U.S too ?
>>
>>33553874
Niggers make it so. (niggers are black gypsies, but worse)
>>
>>33553874
no
>>
>>33553874
>>33553888
well, legally no but it's good practice to have a safe that is bolted down in case you get robbed.
>>
>>33550489
>what is volley fire
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.