[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earliest memories shooting? origin story time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: forever k.jpg (33KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
forever k.jpg
33KB, 604x453px
Bad time to start this up. Nothing but yuro's and kids are gonna be here making shit up for a while. anyways.
>age, location, background story about your first shooting experiences and what got you into guns

I'll start with mine in a few after I get this going.
>>
>1980s arizona
>used to just give us blocks of wood and nails and hand drills with small hammers for arts and crafts during kindergarden and 1st grade
>neighbors are complete super white trash maniacs. just guns and dirtbikes and jeeps.
>me and the neighborhood kids all go over and carve our own wooden rifles with the dad
>the dad starts taking me shooting with him and his boys
>I'm 5, his youngest is 7 and the oldest is 11 or 12 I think.
>shooting SA cowboy revolvers, .22's, bracing me and letting me shoot his shotguns and deer rifle with him
>he would give me snake and bird shot shells in the revolver so until I was like a teenager I thought thats what all handgun ammo was. just blue casings with minuscule shot in them.
>dad still never took me shooting but didnt even blink an eye about my love of guns. he just had a bunch of fudd and cowboy action guns. really nice ones.
>dad didn't hunt. grandpa never took me with him. all my friends hunted in the country growing up. never developed a taste for it after being forced to go and help clean a pig in a tin shed in 100 degree heat.
>dont really shoot guns anymore. own a poorfag arsenal of mav 88, marlin 336, S&W 10, marlin 60

anyways I was just talking with my buddies and half the room was oh WOW.... your parents are cool, that would never happen with mine when I was a kid
other half was right wing the second they took hunters safety dad took them dove hunting when they were 10
also my mexican buddy just bought his 6 year old girl an all pink and white ruger 10/22

just wondering what the uniform experience is on /k/. 1980s arizona is a far cry from what we have now.
ALSO
>lets make some dad/grandad stories about how guns were nothing to be even considered back in the good ol days
>grandpa told me they all brought their own .22's to school in high school and had their own shooting burm built on campus for target practice
>>
File: 20170203_181539-1.jpg (926KB, 1746x2864px) Image search: [Google]
20170203_181539-1.jpg
926KB, 1746x2864px
Why not... 42, Houston Texas. I grew up in Central Texas surrounded by Fudds and Bubbas. I started going on dove hunts when I was about 4, and retrieved birds until I was 6-7. Started with a .410 about then. I got a .30.30 (pic related) when I was 8 and started deer hunting. I have a small collection now and try to hit the range at least twice a month.
>>
File: 20170126_130257-1.jpg (761KB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
20170126_130257-1.jpg
761KB, 2000x2500px
>>33549961

>>33549972 here

I used to take my 20ga 870 Wingmaster to school and leave it in the principal's office so I could go shoot clays with my friends after school.

It was normal for every house to have a shotgun or small caliber rifle next to the front/back door just in case, but nobody ever locked their doors.
>>
>>33549972
>>33550039
god I've got to get out of CA.
grew up in rural central valley CA and if you were white enough you didn't get much trouble.
>buddy is in his open top jeep with my other friends and his dog in the back
>buddy in the back has cracked coors light
>rifles are just sitting open in the passenger seat
>cops come up behind ask what he's doing with the rifles
>buddy says going deer hunting on his dads ranch up in the canyon
>cop bitches a bit about drinking up in the canyon and tells them to be careful, finger fucks my buddies deer rifle because he wanted to see the leupold he put on it
>not even a second thought about it
>>
>>33549972
a 30-30 for an 8 year old? I mean I know its more compact but the EEEEEEEEEE and recoil couldn't have been easy for an 8 year old.
>>
>>33550143
I grew up around Fudds who all shot .30-06 or bigger. I wasn't allowed to complain, so I just learned to suck it up. I'd shoot for shit on targets and focus (ignore recoil) for important shots. I've only ever missed one shot at a game animal with that rifle. I've learned a lot more about shooting since then, and now I shoot one--hole groups at 100 yds with that rifle.
>>
as one of the few oldfags on /k/ that has no problem with airsoft and COD kids
>gets kids into guns and tacticool small units training
I remember kids being like this with painball when I was younger

I've never owned an airsoft gun or played airsoft. but I get the appeal and if they had them around when I was younger I woulda loved it.
airsoft just gets shit on because it can be here. seems pretty cool to me. they have these big arena's and teams and all. getting an entire generation into weapons fetishism like us here.
>>
>>33550255
I'm yesguns and still practice with airshit. Backyard range is cool, but suburbs.
>>
>>33549892
I started with a red ryder, then a slingshot, then bow, then pump BB gun.
By then I was about 7-8 or so and my father finally let me shoot .22

Fast forwards a few years and I'm in Selma, Alabama, hanging out of an elevated box stand, shooting my first deer with my single shot .270. The only way I could make the shot angle was hanging out of the door while my father had a hold of my belt. Did a double lung shot on the doe and she died 40 yards away from where she was shot. Loaded her up and cleaned her in the skinning shed. It's tradition in my family that you get bloodied up a bit after your first deer, so I had deerblood facepaint for the rest of the day.
>>
File: 55MWqhs.png (256KB, 552x464px) Image search: [Google]
55MWqhs.png
256KB, 552x464px
>>33550298
>>
>>33550298
if you didnt own a cheap o all black crossman pump action pellet gun your childhood was shit
>>
>>33550323
Agreed. I had shot so many thousands of copper bbs through it that I had it down to a science. My neighbors had a pecan orchard and would pay me for squirrel removal.
>>
>>33550132
sounds like fresno
>>
>>33549961
OP here got another story to contrast it
at work at power plant
control room operator just bought new ar lower
fucking african immigrant affirmative action higher no one can stand hates cool guy CRO
me and him are bullshitting, he's taking it apart and going over it
african dickhead reports it to higher ups, says CRO was playing with guns at work
week later after CRO gets chewed out we have a safety meeting. cant even have spent brass in our cars or we will be sent home or fired
>6/14 guys have trunk guns fully loaded on the premises right now including me with a box of ammo also
fugggggggggg
they also threatened to do random sweeps for firearms with dogs after that. never happened but that scared us.
>>
>>33550352
ha. Coalinga my man. 559 bro.
>>
>30
>Belgium
>our house was in a village with some other houses around, but next to us was forest and there were/are a lot of hunters, so during hunting season, gun shots were common.

>be 12-13
>dad (still) has a .22 rifle and shotgun
>we used to shoot the .22 in our garden
>our house was the bullet stopper
>absolutely unsafe (that's what happens when you don't grow up in gun culture)
>I remember at one point I was lining up a shot and my mom came outside into the garden. >The door was right next to the target and I had almost hit her...

forward into time to 15-16ish
>I'm now an edgy teenager
>host a party at my home
>some guests are throwing rocks on the lawn
>tell them to stop because rocks suck when you have to mow
>they don't listen
>drunk and raging, head to the weapon cabinet (which was just a clothes closet)
>take out the shotgun
>load birdshot
>head outside
>"STOP THROWING THE ROCKS"
>put two shots in the air

go forward to the next party without parents

>drinking beer in the garden
>wasps hassle our beers
>bring out the .22 and shotgun
>we wait until wasps get onto the empty cans
>blast wasps
>at one point I go away to pee
>one of my friends is jokingly pointing the shotgun at another
>run over there yelling "Noooo"
>take shotgun from hands
>it was loaded

Now I own several guns myself and go to a range. So does my dad, although he still only has the shotgun and the rifle.
>>
File: 20170202_224228-1.jpg (570KB, 1971x2536px) Image search: [Google]
20170202_224228-1.jpg
570KB, 1971x2536px
>>33550363
I'm a private contractor working for a couple of SJW Musicfags. I carry every day, and just keep my mouth shut about it. If they knew there were guns on their property they would cause a stink, but if shit goes down they'll be glad I'm there.
>>
>>33550371
I just want every single european to start making honest efforts at acquiring illegal guns
slav ak's, pistols whatever
the cops aren't gonna protect you and mosques are already being used as weapon depots in your country bro
>>
>>33550408
musicfags like a band? like a company? like I get it. glad you are but how do they employ a guy that CC's in the music industry?
>>
File: 1488934832731.jpg (247KB, 728x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488934832731.jpg
247KB, 728x800px
>>33549892
We're talking about firearms, right?
> 18
> two weeks ago
> training center
> mandatory weapon handling course
> grandpa got a disability and won't be able to renew his license, so he decided to pass his guns to me
But thanks to violent video games I was shooting airsoft since like forever (literally entire days with a rifle), and at some point I was into archery, both classic and compound bows.
>>
>>33550437
this nigger gives me hope.
you never fired a gun before that? gramps never got you into handling and firearms?
the fuck is a training center?
>>
I came I read the comments, I was not disapointed.

Please do not change 4chan.
>>
>>33550447
I'm a ruskie, and since 2012 you must pass a safe handling course and an exam in order to get a license.
I've never fired a firearm before. The center had a pistol (a Makarov with 9mm PA rubber rounds) and a 16ga over-under for the first-timers. In order to pass you must answer 9 out of 10 questions, make 2 shots from the mak hitting the target at lest once (5m distance, 5 seconds time limit, clock starts ticking after you put in the magazine and take stance), then again at least one hit out of 2 with a shotgun (25 seconds to load and fire).

All I did with gramp's guns was dryfiring a Rem 870 a couple of times while he was cleaning the other gun (MTs 21-12, Auto-5 clone). I was 7 y.o. back then.
>>
>>33550463
wow. I just always thought russia was like the middle east where everybody had a rifle and no one thinks anything of it. did not know there were licenses and restrictions there.

>tfw the US arms industry lobbies against amazing ruskie firearms industry getting into the market
feels bad man.
outside of organized street crime how common is gun violence there? how likely are you getting jailed for shooting someone trying to mug you?
>>
>22
>Germany
>live in a rural area in the south
>Grandpa always wanted to take me out shooting
>not allowed to shoot centerfire cartridges below the age of 18 (excluding shotguns because a shotgun shell is the same as a .22lr cartridge in Germany)
>Grandpa dies right after I become 18
>my Mother inherits his guns, doesn't know what to do with them
>need to get licenses for everything and the authorization office tells us to sell half of the guns
>have to store the remaining guns at a weapons dealer because we are not allowed to have them in our house yet
>go to a local shooting range to get the qualifications to apply for the licenses
>start of with a .22lr pistol because this is all they gave us at the range
>hey, this is actually a lot of fun
>some other shooter offers me to shoot his 9mm pistol
>hey, this isn't bad at all
>fast forward to today, we could get the remaining guns back to our home
>I did the hunting license in the meantime
>my mother and I really enjoy shooting and we also got my brother into shooting who is about to get his first gun

I'm glad I got into guns, shooting and hunting, but I just wish I could have gone shooting with my Grandpa at least once. It would have been really nice to do this together with him, but the German laws and his health condition prevented him from taking me out shooting when I became 18.
I still own his S&W M19-3 and I never want to give it away or loose it. I own several guns now, but this one will always have a special place in my heart.
>>
>>33550476
> how common is gun violence there
Bydlo would rather use a knife. Gun violence isn't very common here because of all this license clusterfuck.
> how likely are you getting jailed for shooting someone trying to mug you?
Easy/10. If you kill the fucker, he becomes the victim because >muh only necessary defense.
Pepper sprays are better for self-defense because from the legal point of view absolutely no harm is being inflicted to the attacker. Also rubber projectile isn't precise, ammo has limited energy, and pistol barrels are choked.
>>
>>33550482
how many refugee housing centers do you live next to? the whole point of owning firearms for self defense is rendered moot if you cant use it and even if you do use it justifiably youre gonna get sent to prison for shooting a dark skinned person holding a knife to your gfs throat.
>>
>>33550424
Not even illegally.
You can own pretty much every firearm (not fully-automatic) legally in most European countries, it just takes more time and effort.

If the government ever comes for the guns, the general plan among gun owners is to bury our weapons and then report them as stolen (something which was also done en masse after WW2).
>>
>>33550521
there are some examples where you can shoot people in self defense, but mostly you get heavely fucked by the law.
you cant even have firearms for the sole purpose of self defense (only if youre a threatened high person like some judge or whatever) . you need to be a sportshooter or hunter to own weapons.
>>
>>33550522
the day of the cucking will come in europe. or germany atleast where i live. atleast im happy that i own some firearms. Maybe they will get stolen someday...
>>
>>33550521
We have a few refugees like two towns away and they already started stealing shit.
Thankfully they haven't attacked anyone yet, but they can just walk into stores and take whatever they want without paying.
Self defense laws are actually quite strong in Gemrany as long as you are in your own home. There was a case where some shitskin armed with a knife entered the house of a hunter and the hunter shot him in the head with his .357 revolver and didn't get charged with murder or manslaughter despite the guy dying. He still had to attend court, but he walked free because the judged deemed the case as necessary self defense.
>>
>>33550539
it amazes me that muslims are stockpiling arms and consolidating and gentrifying entire neighborhoods there
they are creating police no go zones and cops are too scared to do anything about it. crazy how well the 5th column just popped up overnight there.
>>
gramps got conscripted once
jailbreak in rural new mexico. somde dudes had their buddies come down and bust them out. shoot out happens.
local sheriff starts ringing people up telling them to grab guns and be on the lookout for anyone suspicious. grampa goes to the edge of town and waits with a shotgun just wishing a nigga would.
and that's how things worked in small towns in the west before 1960.
>>
dad was a cowboy and served in Vietnam so I was always around a lot of guns and went target shooting innadesert. took it for granted and never really cared for guns until recently.
>>
We grew up in a back to back, so no land to shoot on even if we had the money or the inclination. The only person I know who owned firearms was my great uncle, who lived in the country. He was terrifying, an Old Contemptible, and had no time for me or anyone else. I only really got into shooting as a civilian in the 1980s, when I moved to Florida.

I first shot when I was 12, at a families fair after my brother passed out of training. It was a SMLE, with other weapons on the range day available to shoot. I only managed the SMLE, though, as I was competing in an athletics event by the time they had the Vickers and Bren ready - there was a vast queue full of old boys wanting to relive some of the glory days.

When I joined at a later date, it was the SLR (FN-FAL). We were also trained on GPMG and the L4 Bren, made familiar with the Vickers (which was being phased out) and the Sterling SMG - but the SLR came first. Prior to shooting we went through many hours of drills and procedures in the classroom.
>>
>22 years old, born and raised in NYC
>Only know about guns from vidya
>family gathering for Christmas
>Mother takes everyone to a range just as something fun and American to do
>Shoot a glock, SCAR, and 1908 Mauser, Mauser was the most fun by far, definitely worth the bruising

I'm jealous reading all these posts from people who were raised around guns, but at least my family likes them on principle of muh freedoms
>>
>>33549892
>>33549892
27, Missouri (30 minutes south of KC), when I was 13 I did the hunters safety course and my grandpa bought me a .50cal CVA Wolf Magnum. We went hunting with my dad and on of his girlfriends kids. Never shot a gun before, black powder is where I started, and what I still prefer in a way. Taught me to make sure the shot was good, taught me a shit load of discipline.
>>
File: 1491339656846.png (348KB, 328x748px) Image search: [Google]
1491339656846.png
348KB, 328x748px
>19
>Northern Ohio
>Dad gets me a single shot 20 gauge to fuck with my mom
>cool but it kicked stupid hard because small gun
> spend more time with .22 break action
>accumulate guns, never go hunting
>build AR at 17
>obtain nugget
>various shotguns and bad sks bought and sold

I want to get into reloading and build an AKM. The AKM might be a bit out of my league though.
>>
File: kswetdream.png (3MB, 1737x1309px) Image search: [Google]
kswetdream.png
3MB, 1737x1309px
>>33549892

Pop took me out to the local range with a .22 when I was 9 and taught me all the in and outs of gun safety along with how to properly aim etc.

fast forward a few years and I was hunting with a .32 marlin special.

Now I'm like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN6avab0fIY
>>
File: MAKAROVS-1024-captioned.jpg (116KB, 1024x787px) Image search: [Google]
MAKAROVS-1024-captioned.jpg
116KB, 1024x787px
>14 or 15

>Living in Norway, but visiting relatives in Lithuania

>Go to some redneck meetup, bunch of gun nuts and hunters doing target practice

>Dad comes with me, he's at first apprehensive about me shooting, but eventually is okay with it as he also used to be interested in that before he moved

>Get to try a CZ-75 for the first time, had barely any control of the gun, really bad recoil but i managed to hit a few targets

>Then i tried a Makarov police pistol, the slide hit between the thumb and the trigger finger several times, but the recoil was much more manageable

>Sparked an interest in weapons that i didn't have before that, learned a shit ton about how to handle weapons and how to aim. Wish they would've let me shoot the M1 Garand they had but apparently i was too young for that.

Good times, really want to start shooting again but the courses and training that are required to even shoot rentals in a training facility is ridiculous. The only legal way of owning weaponry is to either be a part of a shooting club or to be an active hunter, and i don't really want to kill animals when i don't need to.
>>
>>33552429

HA the pistol grip for the German Makarov is pure black. The fetish goes deep with them.
>>
I was probably 10 or so. My best friends dad took us to the range. I got to shoot a .22lr rifle and pistol. Also had what I think was a .308 rifle and a shotgun, both of which I was scared shitless to shoot. I think I cried after I shot the 12 gauge. Never got the chance to shoot again until I was 20.

Now I've got 19 firearms and shoot as often as I can.
>>
>>33552117
>>33552117
>old contemptible
>family fair
>vickers, smle, bren

where the fuck did you move to florida from? Rorke's Drift in the 1800's?
so the general consensus is around 9 or 10 it seems. I know a few girls who have never shot a gun before. but even that is pretty strange out here.
>>
>>33552486
All of that plus him being in service, I'm like 99% sure either UK or a Commonwealth country.
>>
>>33552831
south africa im thinking
>>
>be 12ish
>boy scout camp
>take both shotgun and rifle merit badges that week
>pass rifle easily (it was a .22 bolt action of some variety), barely squeeze by and pass shotgun (moving targets were new to me)
>interest piqued
>ask parents about getting a .22 or shotgun when I get home
>stepdad is antigun, somehow, even though his dad was army air corps and even on fucking Iwo Jima
>mom is somehow antigun, even though she's retired E9 from the army
>don't get guns
>fast forward to 16
>step Grampa dies
>wills his service 1911 to step dad
>beg him to keep it and not sell it
>"that gun has history and is an heirloom!"
>he points out he has his own son that is 7 years younger than me and would be the heir of that gun
>at this point I literally do not care, that gun needs to be saved
>step dad is history buff, play to that weak point
>gun saved
>fast forward again, I'm living on my own now
>fuck what I grew up with, I want guns
>now have guns
>mom is going through old things
>finds her father's old Sears and Roebuck model 41-103
>decides to surprise me with it last Christmas
>it's more rust than gun, the bolt's missing, and the stock is cracked
>my fucking face when

And that's basically everything.

The 1911 is, eventually, going to my little brother, and I'm in the process of restoring that .22
>>
>>33550255
Airsoft mostly gets flak because of the dumbasses in the community. I'm currently trying to get a cheap airsoft similar to my ar so I can teach my little cousins the fire controls and how to use the sights in my backyard.
When I was in middle school we used to patrol up and down the street with the shitty cheap spring guns because that's all we could convince our parents to buy. I once blasted a kid point blank because he was spraying his automatic and hit my little brother who was walking by. Sent his ass crying home, I felt like such a big guy that day. Good times.
>>
File: 1487034506007.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
1487034506007.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
>>33550298
>tfw you hold your son by the belt as he hangs out of a blind to shoot his first deer.
>>
21, TN

My earliest memory shooting was when I was three. My parents went grocery shopping and bought a gallon jar of apple juice, which was expired. So my dad set it at the edge of the yard by the tree line and started blasting it with a 30-30 bolt gun. I come outside to see what's all the racket. He let me shoot it while he held it, and I think I almost hit the jar

My dad is career military man, and has had a few guns here and there over the years, but never a real interest in shooting. I kind of developed it on my own. He did get me a mosin for my 16th birthday and we would go shooting every now and again.
>>
>>33553669
>i forgot my fucking face when
>>
>>33552182
Joplin?

Also, Misery.
Don't remember when I got into guns.
When dad found I was going to be a boy he bought me a Browning .22 takedown to match his own.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.