[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wish me luck /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: 1423706616928.jpg (57KB, 480x293px) Image search: [Google]
1423706616928.jpg
57KB, 480x293px
DS papaw passed away last weekend, left me all his guns over years of hunting and collecting. super mega-giga left aunt got the house though, and according to someone i trust up there, is planning to scrap the guns. I plan to execute Operation: Snatch and Grab tommorow at 0200. gonna sneak on to the property, grab everything i can, and get out.

TL;DR
>DS grandpa wills anon guns
>cali-aunt wants to scrap them
>MFW
>anon plans to "secure" inhertince from under aunt's nose.

if this is a success, i will post pics of the things he left me.
>>
File: 1354337848758.gif (3MB, 128x96px) Image search: [Google]
1354337848758.gif
3MB, 128x96px
In the immortal words of Sgt. Pepper:

"Good luck."
>>
DS?
>>
>>33549802
Call in your fucking friends anon, bring a truck
>>
>>33549802
isn't there legal precedence to this? I.E. can't you get the law on your side to get your property
>>
>>33549802
Assuming this isn't a ruse, It isn't lawful for her to take possession of, and sell thing that are legally yours by disposition of your uncle's will.

So yeah, you should take possession as soon as possible, but if she does sell them, she still has to reimburse you. And she has to reimburse you for the actual market value, not what she chose to sell them for.
>>
>>33549821
Drill sergeant
>>
>>33549802
If the mission is a success, you should post pics of what you got.
>>
File: 1484629225728.jpg (711KB, 1280x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1484629225728.jpg
711KB, 1280x1706px
>>33549802
>grab everything i can
So everything?

No gun left behind.
>>
>>33549853
not sell, scrap.
>>
>>33549853
True but its cali if she turns them in he wont get them back.
>>
>>33549802
Post pics of Super mega giga left aunt. I need fresh graphics for my dart board.
>>
>>33549870
some are in a safe near the front of the house, some are in a dispay near the back. i have the keys, both to the house and display, and know the code for the safe. No gun left behind is the plan. >>33549853
she plans to scrap them and put them a dumpster. if she does, im boned, cause he never wrote anything down or kept a list or anything. not like i can point to it and say, "this is missing, where the hell is it" and it is 100% legit.
>>
>>33549802
Yeah, what >>33549853 said. She has no legal right to destroy property that's been left to you. Presuming that you have paperwork to show that you do own that property, call the local sheriff and show up with them at your side If your aunt puts up a fight, it's the sheriff's problem to deal with.
>>
>>33549883
none saved on my PC. don't like keeping malware on it if i can avoid it.
>>
>>33549802
If he actually willed them to you then couldn't you go to the police for assistance?
>>
>>33549802
ITT, how to get arrested and never be allowed to own any guns, never mind the ones your aunt will easily be able to scrap while you're in jail.

Alternatively: How to get free replies with things that never happened/will never happen.

Take your pick.
>>
Godspeed, please report back with your new arsenal. Go for the rarest shit first.
>>
>>33549853
This.

I have a similar predicament, but more murky. My grandfather gave my great great grandfathers civil war musket and sword to my dad. He's a fucking piece of shit. There is no living will, my grandpa just said it's too belong to the oldest living male in the family.

Like I said my dad's a piece of shit and I'm worried he might sell them to spite me. And like I said, no legal recourse. So I've considered stealing them, but he lives in another state.
>>
>>33549880
Yes he will. He has a legal right to those guns. They are his property. This isn't Bolivia - contrary to popular notions, the police can't just take your property because they feel like it. Even in civil asset forfeiture, which this wouldn't be, the police have to give *some* justification for taking your stuff.

Look, I'm not sure why people on this board are so skittish about the law even when they're perfectly legally in the right. When the law is on your side, use it to your full advantage, including getting the police involved.
>>
>>33549915
>getting arrested for claiming property that is willed to your ownership

he is actually trying to prevent his relatives from breaking the law by scrapping the guns
>>
>>33549802
may kek be with you anon!

remember slow is smooth smooth is fast. shadows are your friend, and stay low.
>>
>>33549915
>ITT, how to get arrested and never be allowed to own any guns, never mind the ones your aunt will easily be able to scrap while you're in jail.
Precisely.

DO NOT do something illegal to retrieve what is legally your property when the law is on your side. That's just fucking stupid. Call the sheriff, explain the situation, show up with a big van and the sheriff's deputy in tow, take your property completely legally, end of story.
>>
>>33549927
>Breaking into someone else's house at night
>Not getting arrested if caught

I thought /k/'s position was that the aunt ought to be able to blow his face off for that? Or is that only when it's a black person breaking in?
>>
>>33549894
that woman would know the true meaning of suffering...
>>
Look online to see if you can get somebody's secondhand Nerf gun collection for cheap. Replace real guns with Nerf guns!
>>
>>33549878
Yeah, all the same, she would have to reimburse you for the value of the items at some fair market value. Not the scrap value. No insurance adjuster values guns at their scrap value.
>>
>>33549940
>cali hippie woman
>shooting home intruder
laughingwhores.jpg
>>
>>33549924
thinking the law matters in the commiefornia
>>
>>33549940
>I thought /k/'s position was that the aunt ought to be able to blow his face off for that?

is she currently living there?

how do you "break into" a dead granpap's house?
>>
>>33549945
that would be priceless.
>>
>>33549940
I would be okay with OP shooting his aunt.
>>
>>33549802
https://youtu.be/38OrYAAYISk
Hope you've got the floorplan and her schedule figured out.
>>
>>33549870
kek. just finished this series literally a few minutes ago. Darkness' masochistic personality was strangely hot
>>
To answer any questions anyone might have further before i call it a night. I have the keys to the house and the display where the guns are stored. I also know the code to his safe. the house is empty and un occupied. no one is there. Aunt is staying at a hotel ~20 miles down the road while we get the whole proceeedings done with. so the plan is to grab the guns while she is tucked into her cushy hotel room.
>>
>>33550019
Make sure you aren't going to get spotted by a recently installed security system or neighbors.
>>
>>33549940
Back to /leftypol/ with you.
>>
>>33549861
inb4 pics of low digit serial numbered NFA MP5ks, gyrojets, pythons, M-16s and kreigoffs
>>
>>33550019
if the guns are already gone, you'll have to perform a snatch and bag on your
>beloved aunt
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 263x191px
>>33550019
also, i feel like i should add a giant "to the best of my knowledge" to that, she DID have 5 people with her, maybe one decided to sleep over at the house to make sure it wasn't broken into or anything. who fucking knows at this point, cause i sure as hell don't.
>>
>>33549894
take pics of whatever you cant get to

dont forget accessories like scopes and really old ammo that can be hard to find and valuable

DO NOT TAKE THE ITEMS DIRECTLY TO YOUR HOUSE AS SHE WILL CALL THE POLICE AND THEY SEARCH YOUR PROPERTY AND CONFISCATE EVERYTHING AT BEST AND RETURN IT TO HER AT WORST UNTIL THE ESTATE IS SETTLED.

take them to a storage unit or a friends house.

ONCE YOU HAVE THEM, IF SHE ASKS YOU ABOUT THEM DENY THAT YOU HAVE THEM, DENY THAT YOU TOOK THEM

DENY

DENY

DENY
>>
>>33550127
FUCKING
THIS
>>
>>33549802

How well do you know her? I assume there is actually ZERO chance that she would let you keep them if you told her how much it would mean to you? Tell her you will take the firing pins out or some stupid shit, she might take the bate and you don't have to commit a felony. Just a thought.
>>
>>33549936
listen here, bitch;

OP (provided this isnt bait) has 2 choices, grab what is his and make her fight him over it, or let her destroy what is going to be his and then fight her over the value of it, which would cost 1000s in lawyer fees and lots of lost time.

he has keys and codes, all he has to do is tell the police that he was in posession of the guns prior to his relatives death and that he is in charge of catalogging the guns for the estate.

the cops arent going to get involved in a fucking civil pissing match at 3am as long as they dont suspect burglary. They're going to tell people to call lawyers and sort it out.

just tell them you already had possession of the guns. make her prove you didnt.

possesion is 9/10s of the law
>>
>>33550127
>Deny you took them
>Get them all reported as stolen
>Never be able to sell them
>Deep shit if for any reason it comes up that you have them

Good plan
>>
>>33550153
stop being a pussy
>>
>>33550180
>reported as stolen.

learn how the law works, young faggot.

only the executor of the estate can report them as stolen. If she isnt the executor then tough titties for that bitch.

Even if she IS the executor, OP syated that the guns arent catagorized or kusted in any way, so if he doesnt know what is there, she sure as hell doesnt, and neither will the lawyers
>>
>>33550186

Stop being an idiot, no sense in doing shit the hard way. If he knows that it won't work then he should do what he has to.
>>
>>33550209
losing is the hard way, but someone like you wouldnt know that.
>>
>>33549906
Kek
>>
Is this happening in cali? If not the call the cops and the executor.

If it's cali then grab that shit and make for the border. Put it in storage in a free state.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.