[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shotgun Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: hunting-shotguns-Remington-870.jpg (65KB, 625x376px) Image search: [Google]
hunting-shotguns-Remington-870.jpg
65KB, 625x376px
What's a good shotgun for hunting, up to deer or bear? Both a recommended gun and barrel length would be nice.
>>
Remington 870 and Mossberg 500 are the 2 standards. 26" and 28" are normal lengths for bird hunting. Buy one, buy a deer slug barrel and be on your way. If you can, try to test both, see which one's controls you prefer. I grew up on an 870, so that is what I am most comfertable with.
>>
Fucking any pump action 12g shotgun works. It's not a complicated device.
>>
File: 926043.jpg (102KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
926043.jpg
102KB, 880x660px
Shotgun general time?

Anyone have brand/model recommendations for bead upgrade for my 590A1 home defense shotty?

Was thinking of something like pic related so it would be easier to see at night, but not 100% as I have no experience with them.

Good improvement?
meme shit?
>>
>>33549523
I've been leaning towards the Remington, but I can't find any used one made before 2007 in my area.
>>
>>33549565
Isn't Remington supposed to be shit these days???

Get a Mossberg...
>>
>>33549589
Yeah, which is why I'd never buy a new one. Thee's also the Winchester SXP and Browning BPS, which seem solid.
>>
>>33549433
I want to turn my single shot 12ga into a SBS what is the best barrel length?
>>
File: 1488231287573.jpg (889KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488231287573.jpg
889KB, 1920x1080px
>>33549725
>>
>>33549811
>YouSeeIvan.jpg
>>
>>33549433
Get a Mossberg - a Mav 88 if you're on a budget, or a 500 is you have a little more coin to spend. You won't regret it.
>>
>>33549603
I have the sxp, it's a great shotgun. I can finish a tube in about a second and a half
>>
File: sxp dark earth defender.jpg (9KB, 520x190px) Image search: [Google]
sxp dark earth defender.jpg
9KB, 520x190px
>>33549843
>>33549603
Thanks. I've been eyeballing one of these.
FDE should be a meme.
>>
>>33549589
Why is it that people think this? I've heard it over different sites but noone explains why new Remingtons are bad.
>>
>>33550067
Rotten QA. This corporate conglomerate named Cerberus bought them a decade ago and wanted to cut costs. So they did. Now a prized brand name is pure trash. Machining marks on their guns, rough actions, Dad bought a box of ammo that had three duds in it, etc.

Look up the debacle that was the R51.
>>
I've owned a mossberg 500, a remington 870, and a hawk 982 (chinese 870 clone) and there's something people always fail to mention about the remington design: the fucking staked in parts.

In the 870 receiver, there are several parts that are riveted (the ejector), welded (the magazine tube, at least on the hawk where there are visible weld seams), or staked (the cartridge stop and interrupter) into place. That's the reason the 870's take down looks so easy on video; half the shit has been semi-perma fitted into the receiver.

This is all well and good, until something wiggles loose. You'll only really hear people bitching about the ejector, because getting the rivets out is apparently an unspeakably difficult herculean task. I've fortunately never had that happen to me, but on both the real remington and the hawk, I've had the cartridge stop wiggle out of its stake. Once that happens, it's a bigger bitch getting it back in then both the stop and interrupter on the mossberg, and repairing it requires some stupid $90 tool or a costly gunsmith visit. I just bit my lip and got it staked back into place, and both guns ran fine for a while, until the fucker wiggled out again in the middle of me operating the hawk 982's pump. The poor hawk was frozen solid, and I had to do a really intensive strip to get it apart. People say you can put the interrupter or stop in and hold them in with just the takedown pin and no stakes, but it never reliably fed from the magazine tube when I did that.

The mossberg design is looser, but it's better imo. I've sold both the hawk and 870 and I'm fully converted to the cult of mossman.
>>
>>33549884
I have mine in black, I'm just annoyed at the low shell cap.
>>
>>33549541
>fiber optic
>see at night
think again bro you need something with tritum in it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.