[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Veteranism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 22

File: IMG_3981.jpg (40KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3981.jpg
40KB, 384x384px
Where were you when you realised being a WOT veteran is just a meme thst enables edgy 20 something former operators who were lucky to have two awesome wars fall into their lap, too profit off through social media.

Guys came back from nam and either moved on with their shit or ended uo winsering around the streets in their uniforms and patches screeming at civilians.
>>
>>33548904
>winsering around the streets in their uniforms and patches screeming at civilians.

As a Fayetteville native, I've come to understand that the vast majority of veterans are shitbirds regardless of when or where they did their cervix.
>>
>>33548904
I'm on /k/, this my only social media because I'm allowed to remain anonymous.

>Two awesome wars

They weren't that great. You just seem bitter. Yeah, there's douchebags, but you can't generalize everyone.
>>
>>33548904
A handful were able to monetize their charisma and ability to tell jokes/entertain/appeal to a vet audience.

The rest of us are stuck with some bullshit like 20% VA even though you can't feel your goddamn fingers anymore and you have disgusting perpetual acne in addition to BTFO knees and back after a total of 30 months deployed.

So yeah, I like Mbest, I like D/sgt Backbone, I love all those fucking retards. Because they're the one thing in this stupid head-up-ass world that remind me that I'm not alone in this shitty 1 br apartment, divorced, and stuck in Kentucky with a '93 Oldsmobile to get me around and so broke that I have to steal internet from hotel fucking wifi.

At least I have bourbon and stories. But yeah, my agony is just a meme.

Sincerely, and from the bottom of my heart - fuck you, OP. I hope you choke to death on your stepdad's shotgun.
>>
>>33548904
My dad was a navy vet from the early 60s occasionally he would reminisce about his military career but he never bragged about it and you would not know he was a vet unless you asked. This is what pisses me off about modern "Vets" it is like they brag about it all their fucking lives because that is the only success they had. My dad had 12 kids and a business that pulled in more than 100k a year so he had more to be proud of than something he did foolishly when he was a dumb kid with no goals in life.
>>
>>33549096
>Pls pay more money for me to make bad life choices and then go murder brown people in the ME for welfare give

No one is going to feel sorry for you if you're not drafted. You chose that stupidity.
>>
File: 3e0.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
3e0.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>33548904

>two awesome wars

Today on /k/, is it autism, or trolling? YOU be the judge.
>>
File: 1490667448276.png (153KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1490667448276.png
153KB, 351x351px
>>33548904
>Iraqi War
>Afghanistan war
>awesome

Have you ever taken the time to consider maybe, just maybe, that instead of the veterans being the problem, you're the problem?
>>
>>33549145
You're right. I chose the stupidity of getting buttmad on /k/.

Sad fact is you don't know a goddamn thing about me or my life, nor do I know a goddamn thing about you or yours. I hope you got a chuckle out of my predicament. Nothing gets the ladies like needing a cane in your late 20's.

Pardon the fault of my bastard existence, and I'll pardon you being an asshole for no reason.
>>
i sure am an angsty butt hurt little shit whos never done anything with his life.
>>
>>33549187
I'm not going to laugh at your fucking misfortune I'm just tired of vets acting like they're owed something when already we fund these pointless wars and this stupid intervention while they volunteer to throw their lives away and the lives of others for meaningless stupid shit.
>>
>>33549187
Sorry your life sucks
Most everybody that grows up middle class knows that joining the military is a waste of time, pays like shit, and chews up your body for worthless political reasons you have no say in. Sorry you didn't learn this before going in.
>>
My dad got drafted during Vietnam area, came back didn't say shit. Went to school got his bachelors degree taught chemistry for little bit went back and got his master's then his PhD. His a professor in some tiny ass rural college. He still votes democrat every ticket though. He was in the Navy as a Corpsman
>>
>>33549216
>>33549219
I'm not owed a goddamn thing for what I did. All I ask for is a clean slate and a fair shake.
Most vets would agree. I joined the Army because it was the only thing that'd get me the fuck out of my shitty trailer-park predicament. All I asked of the Army was a chance to get out of that in the long run. I didn't get that.

But yes, some vets manage to make a decent living pandering to us broken fucks with our $347/mo VA checks. Don't blame them. Don't blame other vets.

If someone's an asshole, they're an asshole. It ends at that. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be.
>>
>>33549346
How do you not have a fair shake?

If you have debt or other financial issues why are you owed a clean slate?

There are programs and companies that even specifically target veterans for hire.
>>
File: F-16 Fighting Falcon_Turkish.jpg (849KB, 3000x2158px) Image search: [Google]
F-16 Fighting Falcon_Turkish.jpg
849KB, 3000x2158px
>>33549178
Come on anon, you know he hasn't
>>
>>33549178
Consider that the userbase of this site is probably too young to remember either.
>>
>>33548962
About 60% of my uni professors were Nam vets, they were fucking awesome.
The other 20% were tryhard draft dodgers, the rest were either young or foreign .
>>
>be me inadesert.jpg pick up friends put in bags
> finally get out, divorceed for gibs mfw
>go va yeah you got blown up a bit. You have joint disease no no pay
>here 40% have dis hearing aid
>you need back surgery, no it not from paratrooping. it from sports in school(was bookworm to 11b)
>old friend med board navy 100% ptsd dude (killyourself squid friends no more)
>nother friend, yeahman 70% ptsd(loaded bombs on fastmovers(killyourself chairforce nofriend)

I've given up on the V.A., so far I have had an actual somalian,indian and serbian doctor. only good pa was black navycaptainmedic guy

I'm to the point where I think i fit a profile that if refused service will lose it garycoleman.jpg .
Should I get a V.A. lawyer over this. Should I report these other people for faking V.A. problems?
>>
>>33549096
And yet I'm over here with a fancy slip of paper, cushy career in software development, just bought a house, and have full use of my knees and back.

Me, taxpaying home owner, and I'm supposed to to say "Dank you for your cervix" to whiskey soaked bum like yourself?

Please, and I mean this in the most sincere way possible, kys.
>>
>>33549440
above me
idgaf about the pstd rate, I just want all my physical shit fixed.
>>
>>33549363
Barracks lawyer all up in this motherfucker.

You're right. Life isn't fair and I'm fully accepting of that motherfucker at this point. Don't twist my words from 'ask for' to 'I'M FUCKING OWED THIS YOU GOT DAMN CIVILIANS FUCKIN HOOAH'

Just understand one simple thing. For everyoen that's more broken than they should be because of a uniform, there was someone that thought wearing that uniform would make their lives, and better yet, every American's lives better for having worn it. It's easy to get swept up in hooah when you have nothing else in the world but an ex-fiancee and a 1987 Toyota.

Yes, there's a thousand programs out there and there's a million motherfuckers trying to get in there. Big company? Are you a vet that can claim anything other than being a white hetero male that has all four limbs even if they don't work right?
There's an answer - it's 'Get fucked' . A lot of my battles have gotten good jobs at various places whenever they could play some other superficial role or PC angle. Guys like me get to empty the change bins at vending machines and car washes for $9/hr and I'm happy to have that much.

My one, and only singular point, is before you get all buttmad and go off all crazy on people who are vets making money selling or pandering to vets, understand that whatever impression you have of us as a collective is flawed.
Buy one of us a beer sometime, hear us out, and you'll likely get twice as many drinks bought for you in return.

My dice roll in life fucked me. I accept that. I just hate being fucked worse on someone's flawed preconception.
>>
>>33549440
I'd kill myself if i found it necessary to type like that.
>>
>>33549363
>There are programs and companies that even specifically target veterans for hire.

those companies are never guarantees for hire as much as you believe them to be, and as for the programs I always keep hearing about them, but they either fall flat or are under the guise of a "non profit volunteer" at the expense of veterans to make a few people money.

Everytime I hear this argument its always from the same type of person. Some embittered 9-5er who'll overhear some vet talking about his 20 or 30%, which have been cheated by POGs to get a free paycheck after service.

A lot of the times thats not the case. There's always people who cheat the system and get away with it, but if youre really this sore over a bunch of people getting a 400$ paycheck as compensation to a life time supply of chronic pain then I suggest you take a second and re evaulate your own life.
>>
>>33548904
>two awesome wars

Don't think I'd agree with you, they might have looked awesome on your telly or youtube, but mostly they sucked.
I just run my business, potter around on my farm, look after wife and kid. Barely anyone knows I'm a veteran, outside of ANZAC day it'll be a rare day I even talk about my tours overseas.
>>
>>33549461
Yes I'm well aware of targeted propaganda to make military service seem like some source of national heroism and pride.

>>33549466
Of course it isn't guaranteed why would it be guaranteed?

I'm sure some do it for publicity as well with no intention of hire but not all.

You act like pain wasn't chosen or volunteered for.

When you volunteer to put massive stress on your body and to give your life to the MIC what do you think will happen?
>>
>>33549374
I wish it wasn't so.

>>33549389
I sort of hoped his kind would fuck off to 8 chan or something.
>>
>>33549479
>When you volunteer to put massive stress on your body and to give your life to the MIC what do you think will happen?

And wouldnt you think that the least out of volunteering for something that can do that you that you would at least be compensated?
>>
>>33549520
Was the pay and terms you agreed to not compensation? If you feel you're missing out on something you're actually owed contractually then lawyer up.

You probably didn't even pay attention to what you got yourself into and instead filled your mind with thoughts of shooting sandniggers.
>>
>>33549451
I don't need your approval or thanks or acknowledgement. I don't give a fuck about your job or your paper or your house or your noticeably absent girlfriend/wife/kids etc.

It's a simple thing. Don't be an asshole to me and I won't be an asshole to you. Don't presume some prima donna attitude of me because I went to some shitty war for shitty political reasons and came back broken and I won't presume you to be a pompous worthless overweight neckbeard for working in software development.
That's what I mean when I ask for a fair shake. I'm a fucking human being, if you think I'm a worthless piece of shit that's fine. just do so after taking two minutes to know literally fucking anything about me first. Most people just see or hear 'vet' and see a busted up fucked up white guy with a cane and I'm just assed out SOL from that moment forward, doesn't matter what I say, how I dress, what I learn, or what I do...
>>
>>33549536
>Don't be an asshole to me I won't be an asshole to you
>Literally fuck you pay for me murdering brown people and ruining my body by acting like a retard and volunteering to be a retard
>>
>>33548904
>two awesome wars
>high survivability
>thanks to advanced medical care
>very high rates of limb amputation
>IEDs tailor made to literally blow off your penis

Just because the death toll is fairly doesn't make it awesome. People are being maimed; they're just surviving maimed instead of dying like they would in the past.
>>
>>33549004
WW2
>get conscripted
>get sent to western front
>sit in muddy trench for weeks getting shelled and dodging rats
>finally get sent over the top, walk into hail of machine gun fire
>probably mess then a 1/2 chance of surviving war
Ww2
>join up etc
>spend a year travelling over seas to get to theatre, dodgibg u boats and mines
>get killed running off a landing craft in first 5 seconds
Afghan/iraq
>most high tech military in the world
>hughly trained volunteer
>bomb the shit out of an entire grid square, drine targets ore emptivelt
>get inserted
>walk around, get shot at by one un trained old guy with a 40 yo weapon
>return fire, call in air strike. Job done
>get leave mid way through deployment, get alot of time in FOBs with access to m good amenities
>1/10 chance of death
>never actually see your enemy
>get home, get medals, get treated like a hero.
>>
>>33549464
do it then cause no cares about your opinion
>>
>>33548904
the viet nam vets totally shit on the desert storm guys and would not let them in the vfw because they said it wasnt a real war

and they werent exactly wrong
>>
>>33549547
Yep, it's a troll. I'm sorry to even give you the (you) over it.
>>
>>33549536
I'm a broke ass busted vet too man. You're just feeding his flame.
>>
>>33549567
>sweeping presumption about 100's of thousands of dudes
>about thousands of other dudes.

I guess it's no less accurate than news these days.
>>
>>33549573

>Yep, it's a troll. I'm sorry to even give you the (you) over it.

No not an argument bud

Tax payers pay your salary and paid for your pointless intervention. Aka people like the guy you called an asshole.
>>
>>33549551
You realise that your Afghanistan 1/10 chance of death didn't even apply to world War One right? (For US troops).
>>
>>33549535
>lawyer up against the government
also I was a medic so I actually had to have some braincells before joining.

I know Im talking to a 16 year old wall at this point but would you sign up to get shot at for 30k a year?
>>
>>33549590
You're not worth it. Suck start a shotgun.
>>
>>33549599
No idiot and it astonishes me why your stupid ass did and is now whining about something you volunteered for knowing exactly what you were getting into and now expecting others to pay your way again.

Don't presume to insult me. I'm not the one who's fucked myself up.
>>
>>33549590
anecdotal evidence is still evidence

take it with a boulder of salt
>>
>>33549615
>Meathead military grunt argumentation

10/10
>>
>>33549624
Apart from some minor knee pain and really bad phlegm build up I made it out ok nice of you to presume all this shit about me but go around and play the victim card that I was doing it to you.

I joined to get money to go to school, not to shoot brown people. And like that there are plenty of real boy jobs that will pay you to go to school, your medical bills, and other shit.

Once youve gotten your piece of toilet paper from whatever no name college youre at youll figure that out
>>
>>33549624
Look at this dick getting angry beacuse someones a vet, he didnt ask you for money cunt
>>
>>33549666
>Piece of toilet paper

Haha still doing better than you. Are you or are you not the guy complaining about driving a 20 year old car and how your life is ruined? Don't think you should poke fun at anyone else there Jethro.

>>33549670
Youre right they don't ask for money they steal it.
>>
This is kinda unnerving. Why do some of you have so much resentment against ex-military?
>>
>>33549695
Oh if only they would steal it from you pussy
>>
>>33549695
Cant discern two different anons arguing with him.

Yep youre here for (yous) cool beans. dont you have school tomorrow?
>>
>>33549718
They literally do retard what do you think happens if I stop paying for state sponsored murders from taxation?

>>33549730
Sorry both of you are pretty illiterate so it's hard to discern.
>>
>>33549715
I don't, but from my few interactions with a few ex-grunts, they seem to equate respect with kissing of feet. I am polite and respect them for their service, however I am not going to suck their dicks.
>>
>>33549740

Yeah, I can understand that. All I hope for is that people might find me a more interesting person due to my experiences. I don't want to be worshiped.
>>
>>33549740
FFS just read this

>>33549461
>>
File: 1491114830484.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491114830484.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>33548904
Military is fundamentally hierarchal, just like family, property, and religion. If you think social support of these things is a priori bad, please slap yourself. I sort of get the feeling that people who hate the military actually just hate the kind of people that tend to be in the military. Fuck you.
>>
File: 1485380267968.png (106KB, 683x470px) Image search: [Google]
1485380267968.png
106KB, 683x470px
>>33549739
well I guess youre just >too smart for military

Ill lay my fedora at your feet and go join all my dumb grunt friends
>>
>>33549451
S
A
S A VA G E
A
G
E
>>
>>33549346
Whoa whoa whoa hold the fucking phone.

$347 for 20% disability?

This actually upsets me as a taxpayer in a fucking cucked blue state that harbors illegal immigrants and give them a couple thousand every month in welfare assistance. Housing, food stamps, pays for cell phone service, pays for internet, and provides a stipend of extra money.
>>
>>33549783
>hierarchal
hierarchical
>>
>>33550058
The cell phone shit is what gets me. I remember watching a Mexican digging aluminum cans out of my dumpster when I was stationed in California. Then he got a call on his phone. So some Mexican dude is digging through my trash while talking on the phone.
>>
>>33550087
The $2400 monthly stipend for a family of four heroine addicted illegal Mexicans is what killed me. On top of renting a large home, rent being worth roughly $2000 a month for that bitch in my area. The father dealt drugs to supplement his income and they lived like drugged up kings.
>>
>>33549096
>my back hurts from volunteering to be paid to hike around iraq

Nigger do you know what happened at ypres
Or verdun
Or the Somme

4500 died during Iraqi freedom

75000 died in the first few hours of the Somme

Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1481468434931.png (271KB, 806x908px) Image search: [Google]
1481468434931.png
271KB, 806x908px
>>33549451
I didn't fight so you wouldn't have to, but the fact of the matter is that if we hadn't volunteered to go, your ass would have been drafted and forced to go.
Believe me, the government is going to have their wars, with or without your consent.

Show some gratitude, you sack of shit.
>>
>>33549178
>thinking either was "bad" compared to almost any past major conflict
>>
>>33550114
>Show some gratitude

Ah there it is. The meatheads misplaced sense of unwarranted entitlement.
>>
>>33549451

lol rekt
>>
>>33550152
Do you know the origin of the word 'idiot'? 'Idio-' means 'by itself,' e.g. 'idiosyncratic' means 'some feeling or thought particular to an individual.' I'll leave it to you to figure out why 'idiot' gained a connotation of stupidity.
>>
>>33550114
I'm a soldier but not for the US, so I won't be sent to die for oil, but I have to say you're a goddamn dumbass with that kind of thinking. I deserve no gratitude or respect for "taking" someone's place so they don't have to. And I'm sick of hearing veterans bitch about shit they volunteered for. Also if you join the military you are complicit with the foreign policy your country sets forth. So I have little sympathy for stupid burgers joining the military to fight useless wars. You're protecting no one except corporate interests. If you have no direction in life than get a job in the private sector. At least you'd be contributing to the economy as opposed to asking for gibs.
>>
>>33550259
No, there is more to it than to "fight useless wars." Military skills are valuable, and there's really only one place to get them. You probably don't understand since you're not an American, but there is a specific region of the country with a strong tradition of military service. I argue that THIS is the real reason why people on here disparage veterans: it is simply a vehicle for attacking their enemy. I have no love for Saudi Arabia or Israel, but Soldiers know that we are fighting for the man beside us. If you're attacking the stupidity of the war per se, you're preaching to the choir.
>>
>>33550259

I'm a soldier thats also not American, but "corporate interests" is really simplifying it to a degree thats not even true. Its more about shaping the world thats strategically and long-term beneficial to the goals of the US. Miscontrued thoughts aside, they are far from useless. I would have given anything to be able to fight alongside Americans - tens of thousands of Americans died for my country, it seems only fitting that I return the favor.
>>
>>33549096
Good luck and remember to take whatever you can get
>>
>>33549461
Lol. How drunk are you?
>>
File: 1491365450876s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1491365450876s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>33550415
It can cause a little emotional conflict when the strategic goal is to simply plunge an area into chaos, fund people that hate us because it is convenient at the moment, and generally fight a war with no plan or stated end goal. Not to mention the incompetence of the leaders who thought Iraqis were tanned Europeans that worship the same God and everything and gosh won't they love it when we liberate them and teach them democracy. So yeah, when a dumb grunt who believes in apple pie and marrying the girl next door watches his friends die taking a strategic city and then watches as the politicians give it ISIS for nothing... well, you get the point.
>>
>>33548904
Veterans are their own level of sensitivity
>>
>>33550838
Are you saying they're the same as a chick being offended by getting catcalls so she grows out her armpit hair and dyes it pink or something? Cause it sounds like that's what you're saying.
>>
>>33548904
>implying being a 30+ year old Cav Scout with three tours qualifies me as an operator
Did you wash out or something? You seem bitter.
>>
File: IMG_1751.gif (898KB, 266x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1751.gif
898KB, 266x259px
>>33549440
>be CBRN
>got exposed to mustard in Iraq while prepping mortar shells for EOD
>VA "ehhhhh you're not retarded yet"
>80%
>>
>>33548904
Such is the time. It's the social media explosion. Fortunately you also have old operators coming up on social media, like that fat fuck SAS op Big Phil.
>>
>>33549096
Making bad life decisions seems to be a common theme among military personnel.

Just remember, this is the future you chose.
>>
>me selling guitar online
>hey man, I'm a veteran, can I have it for 30% of the price? I'm a veteran.
>>
>>33549551
Ww1 and Ww2 soldiers were called heros too, and most of them DID come home. Everyone from our generation has at least one grandparent who served and came back, so shove that narrative up your assistance.

Meanwhile
>be my marinebro coworker chacking for wepons or taliban a village in Afghanistan
>bust down a door in a house and find a beautiful woman bathing herself sans hijab or any clothing
>before his squad finished searching the village the villagers had taken the woman outside, poured gasoline on her and lit her on fire because she had been defiled by marinebro looking at her.
>>
File: 1490932904420.jpg (31KB, 316x340px) Image search: [Google]
1490932904420.jpg
31KB, 316x340px
>>33550115
I never said they were bad, but just said they weren't great.
>>
>>33549096
Damn.
Should have gotten a real job.
>>
>>33549346
>a chance to get out of that
Did no one tell you about the GI bill?
You've got nothing to be bitter about besides things you took no advantage of.
>>
>>33550114
>I didn't fight so you wouldn't have to, but the fact of the matter is that if we hadn't volunteered to go, your ass would have been drafted and forced to go.
>Honestly believes he is a hero because he fought illiterate 14 year olds in a desert 7000 miles away.

>Show some gratitude

The funniest part is that you honestly think you deserve something special for signing up for a shitty job that everyone knew was going to suck.

It's like if you worked as a garbageman for 3 years and then spent the rest of your life telling people how the "owe you" because
>I took out the trash so you wouldn't have to. If I didn't collect the garbage, you'd have to drive out to the dump every few weeks.

It would be comedic if I didn't have fund your drunk ass with tax dollars that I earned at a real job.
>>
>>33549096
How's that GI bill working for you?
>>
>>33549547
>"I would likesome respect and for people to see me as something more than a fucked up veteran"
>anon hears "pay me money for shooting brown people"
how retarded do you have to be
>>
We are reaching the point where those who are too young to remember 9/11 are drafting age.

The US was borderline drafting people to fill boots.
>>
>>33550104
>"war isn't running into machine gun fire like a retard anymore go fuck yourself for not running into a machine gun"
>>
>>33549440
>jealous over VA handouts
This honestly reminds me of my sister's stories working at the community center and hearing people complain that "my neighbor gets more money than me and I have more mouths to feed"
>>
>>33549599
>would you sign up to get shot at for 30k a year?
No, because I'm not retarded.
Why would you?
>>
>>33550820
Thank you for saying this. I couldn't have replied any better. Look I get the appeal of being a soldier, but that love for soldiering should never trump being complicit in horrific wars of aggression. What many Americans and some vets here don't understand, is that they were sent on a military adventure that was based on a lie. Face it. The bush administration committed treason to use propaganda and commit thousands of young men to lose their lives, bodies and minds. The Iraq war was the single issue that could have prevented me from enlisting had my government and society been foolish enough to participate in it. Luckily we were more sensible and avoided taking part in unravelling the middle East.
>>
>>33551972
You're so full of shit it is amazing. Enlistment was so high that they had too many people sign up in 2001 and 2002. Even as late as 2014 they were over-quota and denying up to 80% of applicants.
You don't even need to be average to get in as a grunt. You aren't special, you are less than average and are so stupid you think you are superior.
GLHF
>>
File: das it mane .png (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane .png
2MB, 2560x1600px
>>33549004
>ou can't generalize everyone.
I generalize niggers and so far I've been pretty accurate at the sub human pieces of shit they are.
>>33549096
kek wew so guess the military wasn't all that it was cracked up to be
>>
>>33549461
>my dice roll in life fucked me
No, your choices fucked you.
>>
ITT: Hunter 3-1 Actual pretends to be a soldier
So much edge from all these wellfare queens
You chose this future
You made dumb life choices
You deserve it
>>
File: IMG_3154-0.jpg (2MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3154-0.jpg
2MB, 1936x1936px
what does this have to do with weapons?
>>
>>33550283
>You probably don't understand since you're not an American, but there is a specific region of the country with a strong tradition of military service.

The audacity of the user base here never ceases to amaze me. Although I am on 4chan...

My nation paid a very high price in past conflicts as well, so let me assure you it's still vivid in our national consciousness despite us not being "American".

And as true as "fighting for the man besides you" is, it's not enough justification for being in a military or engaging in war. I think I am quite accurate in saying that this sentiment leaves vast swaths if the American population vulnerable to being coerced to fight in unjustifiable wars (eg Iraq). I wager this unjustified war based on an entirely false pretense is a contributing factor to increased rates of PTSD and suicide relative to much more horrific and costly wars fight in the past. History has, on balance, judged Americans kindly for their actions during WWII. And I'm originally from a country that was liberated by Americans, but Americans today are not the same Americans that died in our lands, motivated by noble, democratic intentions. Case in point the Bush administration
>>
>>33552152
>getting this mad

Holy shit its real people actually get this mad on the internet

Why the fuck were they giving W's to fuckups then. If they don't need boots then just let the private prisons deal with them.
>>
>>33551818
>before his squad finished searching the village the villagers had taken the woman outside, poured gasoline on her and lit her on fire because she had been defiled by marinebro looking at her

Islam is shit but that is obvious bullshit. Rape victim yes, but brief nudity cmon
>>
>>33552152

look at 04-09

they had to fucking recall people from the IRR and throw bonuses at infantrymen. They overlooked my buddy's jail time. Something the USMC never fucking does.

stop being a dumb faggot. There are other years besides 2001 and in 2014 the war was winding down and units were being deactivated. By 2012 the war was essentially over. The entire 9th marine regiment was deactivated by 2013, let alone all the units the army got rid of. You are completely ignoring the Iraq and Afghan surges you dumb cunt.
>>
>>33549096

best of luck pal

reading some of the replies to your post verifies my beliefs that there are way too many fuckups posting here in /k
>>
>>33552233
>after 9/11 is the entire decade after
lol keep pushing those goalposts out
You are an even bigger retard than I thought if you thought the draft was on the table in 2004.
>>
>>33552063
Not really man I don't want money. I want medical care. I don't want doctors saying you need surgery then in the same breath say no you must have had all these injuries before enlisting. I have muscle spams to the point I look like Michael J. Fox on the dance floor, and its just muahah I work at the V.A. can't be sued or fired and that sucks for you. Then I sit next to some shit or see some fucking boomer come in after they've been out for 50 years and they get better care. It's fucking bullshit.
>>
>>33549547
You're correct.

We shouldn't get involved anywhere. We should bring all military force home and not bother with anything outside of the US. Isolationism is the best policy and will have no negative repercussions for the US as the global hegemon and leader in the international community.

Also we shouldn't have military forces deployed to enforce foreign policy goals. That's stupid. What we should really do is just build a wall that reaches into space so we can avoid all interaction with the international community.
>>
>>33549548
He's also missing that in previous wars like WWII there may not always have been mid tour leave rather usually a unit would spend a week or two on the line and then be rotated back to the rear for R&R for a week.

The op tempo for the GWOT was far more fast paced and frantic over the long term than any previous conflict.
>>
>>33549590
>Tax payers pay your salary and paid for your pointless intervention.
Nope, that's not how taxes work.

You paid taxes to the government in order to continue to receive services and benefits of citizenship. You have no say in how that is spent and you have no way to track that your contribution literally paid any one member of the military.

I'm 99% positive this is wasted on you because I suspect you think taxation is theft.
>>
>>33549739
>what do you think happens if I stop paying for state sponsored murders from taxation?

What they should do is revoke your citizenship if you think your tax contribution is being stolen from you.
>>
File: 960.jpg (79KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
79KB, 960x540px
>Be me
>Meet 5'6 spic manlet in bar
>friend of a friend or some shit
>Immediately starts telling war stories
>Was 13A, but "trained as a sniper"
>Tells a bunch of 21 year olds a hilarious story about how a terrorist flipped him and the sniper off after being shot once, before they finished him
>Ask what MOA their rifle was set for
>"MOA?"
>Starts getting super defensive
>"I was the spotter dude, I don't know that shit."
>Gets super pissed
>"Fuck off man, why you gotta question my shit like that."
>Shake my head and walk off
>>
>>33553702
Yea, what we should really do is casually and ineffectually stick our noses into any situation where we can better secure our access to natural resource or cripple nations who may try to profit off their own natural resources with a complete disregard for the humanitarian toll and rampant instability it creates. that'll really make us safer than what you said or maybe some sort of completely foaming at the mouth crazy somewhere between those two choices strategy
>>
>>33552136
>based on a lie.
Most wars are. It doesn't take a genius to see what's going on. It's as easy as asking 'cui bono'? I know delicate flowers have a hard time dealing with the tragic nature of war, but I am tired of people holding vets responsible for decisions it is not theirs to make. People need to understand that, at least here in America, there is a separation between military and civilian power. Our military, our Soldiers and Marines, exists to win wars, and our generals job is to advice our elected leaders to choose attainable end goals and resist mission creep. However--and that is a BIG however--disagreeing with American policy doesn't necessarily mean we shouldn't serve. Outsourcing our manly duties will only make us MORE dependent on the empire in the end. I know you're a yuropoor, but please try not to be such a giant pussy in my presence.

>>33552218
>The audacity of the user base here
You're an asshole with very poor reading comprehension, btw. I meant to say that combat arms are filled with mostly Whites--Southerners in particular--and military service has been a proud tradition in the South for centuries. My point was that people here are using the military as a red herring because they hate the people that dominate the field. Look at all the visceral hatred and pathetic universalizing of morals; either your name is Mohammad or you are a low-T cuck yuropoor it seems. Poor strategy or even empire doesn't justify the level of butthurt ITT. You are literally a traitor for sympathizing with the enemy.
>>
>>33548904
There are a few different types though. There are the career guys who put their ranger tab on the back of their truck because they're proud of it and maybe it gets them out of a ticket or two. And they have disabled veteran plates because its a hell of a lot cheaper than regular plates. The veterans in my family don't really talk about the hard stuff unless they're with fellow veterans they know personally. But they'll tell funny stories about their soldiers being dumbasses which are fine.

It's the guys that mention the first time you meet them that they were deployed. And try to act superior to you just for having joined the Army. I'm about to graduate college right now and through these 4 years, one of the most annoying types of students are the GI Bill guys who try to act like they're the shit and use abbreviations they know nobody knows in normal conversation because they want you to lick their boots.
>>
>>33554178
I should add, notice how the people bragging are always the ones who were only in for 3-5 years? All of the career guys I know don't really brag. And think the "Veteran" bumper stickers are tacky as hell
>>
File: Burgin.jpg (95KB, 348x490px) Image search: [Google]
Burgin.jpg
95KB, 348x490px
>>33549096
Get on your feet faggot

If this man faced savagery and the level of death and suffering that OIF/OEF veterans couldn't even imagine and still move on to start a family and continue his life, then so can you

God, for a group of people who idolize the men the came before them, we sure get wrapped up on the axle of self pity and forget the men, usually better men, have gone through what we've gone through and moved the fuck on
>>
>>33553702
>US as the global hegemon and leader in the international community.
That's redundant. The US is the "international community." There is no light between the State Department and the "international community."

>foreign policy goals
You mean giving aid to poor countries to keep them under our thumb? We're the victims of our own propaganda. Colonialism was much more humane than what we're doing.
>>
>Its another "teenagers make daytime drunks mad by pretending to be genteel white collar businessmen that were too smart to serve in wars that ended before they were 12" thread
>>
>>33554178
>they want you to lick their boots.
My pogdar is going off.
>>33554201
>the ones who were only in for 3-5 years?
Let's not turn this into a dick measuring contest, but even THAT is more than the vast, vast majority.
>>
>>33554336
One of the guys i was had a conversation with freshman year kept talking about all of these hard core patrols and killing "haajis." Turns out he was stationed at some maintenance area in Kuwait.

I wasnt specifically meaning to say 3-5 years, just trying to demonstrate a short tenure in service.
>>
>>33548904
>Met multiple Vietnam and WWII vets
>All wear those attention whoring baseball caps
>Ask about service
>SuperPOGs

Why is it that no one puts the "You didn't actually do shit" tag on other vets, but for WOT vets you gotta have all your papers and medals on you? It's all bullshit
>>
>>33554634
It definitely doesn't apply to everyone, but a lot of the older guys may be wearing that because someone in their family gave it to them. When I was little I gave WWII vet hat to my grandpa who wore it because his grandson gave it to him. Now he landed on DDay in the third wave, so he actually did stuff, but still.
>>
>>33554634
>All wear those attention whoring baseball caps
If you're talking about the "VETERAN" hats, the only WOT vet I ever saw wearing one was a deadbeat nigger 88M looking for free shit. If you're talking about oper8or caps, then fuck off, velcro is the material of the future.
>>
File: grenade.gif (2MB, 400x216px) Image search: [Google]
grenade.gif
2MB, 400x216px
The differences between American and British vets is so fucking weird man

like I went to the UK some years ago and met these 3 guys who had been to Iraq, 1 had been infantry, the other 2 had been engineers or some shit but they were quite honest about it and said how shit it was and how all they did the entire tour was get fucked around, I asked them what people thought of veterans in the UK and they said that most people don't give a fuck, there's no "thank you for your service" mentality there

I returned the next year and met a further 2 vets only these had gone to Afghanistan and both were infantry, they said it was very very intense but they didn't talk any bullshit about it

But as soon as you talk to some bum legged vet with a goatee and olive green baseball cap here in america he's telling you how he was SF and he has 300 confirmed kills and all that shit
>>
File: Marines take cover in Iwo Jima.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Marines take cover in Iwo Jima.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>33554651
You gotta admit, the guys who were in the thick of it are always the guys you'd never think they were

I met a WWII veteran in Oceanside, he was just passing through for a funeral he said but he stopped to talk to me and my buddy at a burger joint, turns out the guy was in Bougainville and was on the first waves at Iwo Jima before getting in the reserves

He survived the entire duration of the battle of Iwo Jima too, went from PFC to Staff Sergeant lol

If I remember correctly he said he went from gunner on a M1919 to a section leader in a weapons platoon, I wanted to talk to him more but I remember his faggot son came in told him they had to hit the road, guess the old salt dog just wanted to talk to Marines again
>>
>>33552202
/thread
>>
>>33554692
The Brits have nothing to brag about, that's why. They couldn't even make it out of their FOB in Sangin. Their pilots are awesome though.
>>
>>33554707
>and was on the first waves at Iwo Jima

Jesus Christ. Respect for anyone who took part in island hopping and managed to come out something even resembling sane.
Had a grandfather who made it through Peleliu. He managed to raise a family and more or less have his shit together but everything from I hear he changed for the angrier after the experience.
>>
>>33554692
I'm probably the oldest British poster here. For everyone else, I don't know, but I am getting on more than a bit. Take the following as an anecdote, but I like to think there's something of value in it.

When I joined, it was a given that if you didn't have an immediate family member currently in HM Forces you were that family member. My father had served in the Great War for the last three months of fighting, his father had been in the Sudan. My eldest brother fought in Italy. Every single male relative had done something, some a lot more than others. I joined in 1961, so just after the last National Servicemen, and we were drowned in experience.

I will not, however, say that we had it worse. We had some things a lot easier. You went on tour safe in the knowledge that if you killed the enemy, one of your own countrymen wouldn't take you to court on his behalf. We had pensions to look forward to, to those that served the distance. The public supported us, not because they idolised us but because they knew the realities of the job at hand. Even the women had lost sons, fathers, brothers. My mother was still at her wits end when I went to Borneo, but a few white lies from my father set her straight. I'm proud to say that my son, and his son, served in the British Army. My son served in the rot of the 1980s and hated it, but my grandson did Telic and Herrick and thoroughly enjoyed it. He had some things a lot better. Some things a lot worse, but by and large the lads who served after we did in the 60s had their own challenges to deal with.

What I'm driving at is that armies reflect the societies they're formed from. If you have a lot of people going through it, it becomes more readily accepted. When it's a rarity, some people try and make it more than what it was and others deride them for it. Ultimately, it's a job. Sometimes it's the best job in the world and other times it's the worst.
>>
>>33552235
You know jack shit about radical islam if youre calling bs
>>
>>33554760
Yea, I was very fortunate to have met many WWII veterans, I remember we had an old Latino Marine neighbor who went to Guadalcanal, Cape Gloucester and Peleliu

He was a bit different though, I remember he liked to tell stories about the funny experiences he had and would wear his red Blue Diamond hat for Veterans and Memorial Day

What more can a man ask for then to reach an old, comfy age and live with your son and grandchildren?

>>33554774
Do you think National Service should be re-instated in Britain?

Have any salty sea stories?
>>
>>33554811
I don't know, really. I spend a few months of the year in North Yorkshire and Suffolk, and that's about it. Rest of the year I'm in Florida. I'm not that privy to the societal ills of contemporary Britain, though when I am in London I've noticed a few changes to put it mildly.

National Service worked at the time. Even in the 60s we had a vast Empire that needed policing. You couldn't rely on volunteers, even if you had the numbers you wouldn't be able to get them through the system quick enough. It needed administrating centrally and unilaterally. A form of civil/national service, like they have in Austria and Switzerland, before university where you choose the civil service or Army might be an idea. Keep overseas service voluntary and run it out of the TA centres.
>>
>>33554707
Thats crazy man. I think its part of the generation's culture to STFU about their service because they came out of the depression where everyone had it tough.

Some years ago, my girlfriend and I were innamall and decided to get some chickfila. The food court was really crowded so an elderly couple asked if they could share a table, which we let them. The guy was wearing am 82nd airborne hat, so i asked him about it, because my dad and grandfather were both in the 82nd. Turns out the guy has glided into Normandy, and was staging to invade Japan when thr nukes were dropped. His wife did the whole "shut up Bob, no one wants to hear some old man's stories. I was just thrilled to be listening to this old man and it made him really happy that a teenager was showing interest. What a great lunch.
>>
>>33549096
Thank you for your cervix.
You deserve everything whats coming to you.
>>
>>33549096
what caused the perpetual acne?
>>
File: 1484973111748.gif (1MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1484973111748.gif
1MB, 450x253px
>>33554707

>First waves of Iwo Jima

Must've took him twice as long to get off the beach to drag those balls of steel around.
>>
>>33549096
Genuinely wish the best for you but out of curiosity why did you join?
I'm too much of a pacifist cuck to ever desire to be in the military. Granted, I fucking love guns and hardware.. but I have no reason to believe my government would ever send me to do something just and/or take care of me afterwards.
>>
>>33549216
I'm with ya. I have nothing against vets but I can't be over supportive of them when I'm against borderline every action our government chooses to take.
>>
>>33549783
I am not a patriot. I am not an interventionist. I do not support the action of the US government. Asking me to be 100% supportive of the military is asking me to go against most of my core beliefs. I try not to sound like an edgetard, it's just how I feel.
Don't confuse me with all these shitposters though, I'm not spiteful of vets I just don't really care about whatever they went and did.
>>
>>33548904
Look at that fucking face,looks like a south park character.
>>
>>33549390
>tryhard draft dodgers

what does that even mean
>>
>>33549440

maybe get real healthcare
>>
>>33554707
>>33554811
>Iwo Jima
Gramps served at Guadalcanal in 1st Marines, told story once about how he got to watch his best friend run through the jungle on stumps. Balls of titanium.
>>
>>33548904
I've been at this hun store for the past 4 years now and every memorial day we have a vet hiring season so people can get jobs and what not. We figured vets and guns obviously have to work well, we'll it didn't. First year I was there we let a guy go cause he was stealing ammo, so we hired this cook guy who was former airborne, nice guy until the retail side of the job got somewhat difficult.
>guy calls store
>do you have the CZ Sp-01 phantom?
>Yeah sir we just can only do deposits because we currently don't have any
>okay I'll stop by then and put a deposit
Couple hours later the guy walks in and talks to new guy get
>Yeah I spoke on the phone and I wanted to put a deposit on a CZ Phantom
>"nope don't have one, sorry"
>I know that but I wanted to put a deposit anyway
>"too bad we don't have any, NEXT!"

He ended up getting fired next week for telling a guy he is a retard for getting .380 as a self defense round. I mean yeah that's his opinion but you don't go around telling people they're retarded in retail
>>
>>33555395
And be a machine gunner on top of all that, I read somewhere that they had the life expectancy of 20 seconds on Iwo Jima

He had one of those wallets that had a bunch of pockets for pictures, he showed me a picture of him in Bougainville and one of him on the black sands of Iwo Jima after they had secured it

I'm just thankful I got to meet all the WWII vets, especially the Pacific War Marines, my kids won't get to talk to any of them
>>
>>33554801
Fucking this. Don't even get me started on the little boys being raped. And that's not even radical Islam
>>
>>33554178
>use abbreviations they know nobody knows in normal conversation because they want you to lick their boots.

Just a heads up homie: veterans don't use jargon because they want you to lick their nads or enhance some mystique, it's because over the course of 3-6 years almost everyone they were around used that jargon and it became part of their vocabulary.

Academia has it's own fair share of jargon and acronyms.

So pretty much you're just being a cunt to be a cunt.
>>
>>33555825
The military is literally a microcosm of society. You're going to get just as many people who lie, steal, cheat, are incompetent, assholes etc. as you would if you hired someone off the street.

There's this idea that military service members are some kind of higher morality. I met just as many shitty people int he military as I have outside the military. I've met just as many intelligent people.
>>
>>33548904
I got out in 2000 and had 2 deployments under my belt and I have had the pleasure of being shot at, blowing shit up, etc. I'm okay with missing out on the cheese-dickery that was/is the WoT. That being said, I don't have any reason to talk shit about those vets...at least they served and aren't whiny little safe-space bitch boys.
>>
File: islam causes faggots.png (125KB, 1316x207px) Image search: [Google]
islam causes faggots.png
125KB, 1316x207px
>>33556440
We've known that for awhile.
>>
>>33555825
Sadly this is more a problem endemic to gun store employees than vets. Gun people in general are a little spergy by nature. Give one of them pay and the semblance of authority for supposedly knowing enough about guns to sell them, and lots of them crank up the autismo to 11.

Gun shops don't do a good enough job of explaining to hires that they're salesmen first and foremost. Unless they have reason to believe a customer is going to do something dangerous, gun shop workers need to learn to STFU and make a sale. Unless it helps you make a sale, keep your opinion to yourself.
>>
>>33557535
I joined in 05, three deployments as explosive detection k9, eventually medically retired in 2015 for lung issues they think "maybe" related to the burn pits.

This whole tactical everything marketing, "I was a vet look at me" culture is cringey as fuck.

That's my personal opinion though and I don't go around crying about it.

Mattbest is definitely a massive sociopath that needs the attention, but he isn't hurting anyone and some try hards eat up his stuff. So, whatever, I'm gonna go drink some black rifle coffee out of my disgruntled veteran coffee mug, put on my "I didn't go to college, I went to Iraq," t shirt, pop in some "Range 15," then listen to some "Soldier Hard" in my car with my veteran of the Iraq war license plate.
>>
>>33557205
>You're going to get just as many people who lie, steal, cheat, are incompetent, assholes etc. as you would if you hired someone off the street.

Bullshit

I've never been around so many people who impulsively steal even if there is no possible monetary gain or reward. Screwdrivers, padlocks, proprietary parts to machinery, traffic markers, you name it.
>>
>>33557127
I can tell the difference between people who use it on purpose and those who use it because it's a part of their jargon because I'm not an autist. These are the types who abbreviate stuff to sound cool. But a literal example but this guy would say stuff like spelling out HMMWV instead of just saying humvee
>>
>>33558825
*Not a literal
>>
Serving in the US armed forces is defending the spread of lgbt insanity, anti white cultural diarrhea, gangland tolerance, and horrid policies among which is the constant interference and constant fucking over of Europe. If white servicemen wanted to actually do good for their true people, the would start with cleansing a good portion of this shithole abomination of zionism and globalism.

>/pol/

If you don't want a far right response, don't allow threads like this.
>>
>veterans
Sorry, I am a fortunate son.

Die, for, me.
>>
>>33557572
Okay, I heard this once and need vet confirmation.

Do arabs tie up any retarded children they have (assuming they know the difference) outside with the dogs, like a feral creature?
>>
>>33548904
>hating matt best
disgusting
>>
>>33558927
>don't allow it

Fuck off back to r*ddit no one will miss you
>>
>>33549096
lol classic
>>
>>33549536
I am a Combat Vet who served in OIF. Don't let an anonymous dude get to you. Just calm down a little.
>>
I literally notice a trend of military bashing. It's either A.) People who are mentally ill B.) Wash outs who got kicked out with a DD, OTH, or BD C.) Fat autismos who couldn't enlist period.

Personally I think it is hilarious. I am a proud low life veteran and I don't give a fuck what anybody thinks. Especially on the internet.
>>
>>33549151
>Today on /k/, is it autism, or trolling? YOU be the judge.

It's trolltism! New! From Ronco! It's a dessert topping AND a floor polish! Try trolltism today!

Not available in all areas some restrictions may apply do not take trolltism if you're pregnant or nursing or may become pregnant or think you might have sex ever. Side effects include but are not limited to hives deafness incontinence Tourettes Syndrome rabies paralysis seizures convulsions coma death and rapid onset immortality.

Ask your doctor if trolltism is right for you.
>>
>>33560702
Not that I saw in either Afghan, Iraq or Saudi
They beat kids and women like the shit's going out of fashion, which personally I'm not a fan of but we're not cops. What is no joke though is the amount of just fucked up individuals with some kind of weird arse, googly eyed, extra fingers weird shit from marrying their cousins for 1000's of years- lot of people can blame that in Islam, but they where up in each others guts making mutants long before that arrived.

Likewise, never saw anyone fuck a goat.
Donkeys though, those poor bloody things have had more pricks in them than the average senate.
>>
>>33549145
>You chose that stupidity.

Ever consider which demographic the recruiters focus their efforts on? Teens, just graduated from high school. Adults in name, so they can sign their lives away, but still all eat up with the dumbass.

We learn from our mistakes. That's how our brains are wired. Some of us have a richer learning experience in life than others, anon.
>>
>>33549178
Considering it wasn't Vietnam, and that your survival in either World War depended largely on if your Division saw more than one engagement, he's comparatively a point. Comparatively.
>>
Whats cringeyer than vet humor is the wannabes who try to use it but haven't served a day in their lives. One of the guys I'm friends with on Normiebook is always posting duffle blog shit and Mbest stuff and the dude is in his 20's lives with his parents and has no job.
>>
>>33549551
Vietnam
>Ride around in UH-1s all the time
>Music is amazing throughout the entire war
>Beautiful jungle vistas
>Get to try out a lot of new equipment that is still in use today
>beta_testers.png
>Drop acid and kill commies
>Go on LRRPs all the time
>If killed, death by boobytrap or ambush
>If wounded, 7.62 or landmine so you're probably kinda fucked up
>If POW you're so fucked for the next 10 years
>If home in one piece everyone treats you garbage except your recruiter
>>
>>33555818
Great Gramps was a paratrooper at Guadalcanal. I ain't going to say it was the worst, but I've seen those numbers man.
>>
>>33549096
Fuck off faggot use your GI bill and learn something useful

t. active duty nurse
>>
>>33548904
In reference to pic related, people should wear shirts that say "fuck your PTSD" and see how sensitive they get.
>>
>>33561608
You should give his info to a recruiter and encourage him to join, anon. He clearly desires it and needs to do something with his life.
>>
>>33551976
>we had it so hard please respect us because the only thing we've done with our lives was one deployment where we heard gunfire a few miles away and Almost no One died and we had to easy MREs

You're a child pretending to be a man because you got sent to the desert to dick around
>>
>>33550855
Judging the replies in this thread, yeah they're pretty close
>>
>>33550915
>cav scout
>respectable
What's it like being useless
>>
>retard enlists in useless MOS (one that gives you no practical experience)
>does dumb shit
>gets divorced (prior dumb shit like getting married)
>"i-it's not my fault my life is shitty "
>>
What happened to selfless service? Just being able to do your duty and not talk about it.
>>
>>33548904
That picture really is a masterpiece. How could one picture makes someone look like such a douchebag...
>>
Former 10th MTN inf guy here. I like Tim Kennedy because he was am operator. The other ones suck dick and the people who buy their shit are POGS mostly.
>>
>>33562374
10th MTN guy here, decided to post from my desktop.

Listen, it's very simple, the current generation enlisted into a war. The other generations of soldiers were drafted into a war.

At basic on the first day we were all towing the line at the company bay. The DS asked why we joined, literally 95% of the guys said "Blow shit up" or "Kill people".

In the past killing people was seen as a bad thing, nowadays it's just about putting rounds on target on the enemy. Read On Killing and On Combat so you can understand this better. The training has desensitized us to not care about the person we are shooting. Which in my opinion leads to the PTSD stuff later on.

Personally I've got PTSD from when I was a kid(A really messed up childhood) so the stuff I saw and did in Iraq wasn't something that incapacitated me. I also binged on Ogrish before I enlisted to ensure I was exposed to shit that would fuck you up mentally. The truth is the way the current military is structured you end up not giving a fuck about Johnny Jihad.

I think there's a stigma with us not wanting to be alienated into becoming that lonely vietnam vet. So I think there's an overreaction as a result that leans towards an attempt at normalization.

I haven't slept in 2 days so cut me a break if this makes no sense.
>>
>>33562374
Matt Best was in 1st Batt in the 75th you 10th cuck, kys.
>>
>>33560702
Seen it first hand, the old creepy fucks butt fuck 'em too at will while they scream. No one gave a shit..
>>
>>33554285
So accurate it hurts
>>
>>33562443
Yeah I know, he's still a tool. I've got friends who were 75th too, they also think he's a tool.

Matt Best tries way too hard. I take it back, Nick Palmisciano is cool too. Matt Best is still a faggot though.
>>
>>33562424

1st Cav guy here, decided to post from my broken laptop.

Listen, it's very simple, the current generation volunteered for this bullshit. The other generations got fucked beyond anything you motherfuckers can ever fathom.

At basic on the first day, we were all puking and doing sit-ups with our duffles on our chest down at the company bay. The DS didn't ask why we joined because he didn't give a fuck and yelled until he got a good bit of saliva on all of our faces.

In the past killing people was as shitty as it is today, nowadays we teach you how to do it faster than they did back then, from alot farther away with alot more deadly shit. The training is not what desensitizes us to not care about the person we are shooting, it is the reality that war is draconian and there is no room for emotion when facing men and children on the battlefield who proclaim self-righteous martrydom in the name of their ideals and religion.

Personally I've had a shitty childhood when I was a younger and naive little shit, so the stuff I saw and did as an older man wasn't something that was horrifying to me. I also binged on all the death footage on the internet because fuck me am I one fucked up duck. The truth is the way the current military is structured, you are more likely to receive a powerpoint slideshow on gay black tranny acceptance than to be conditioned to the stoic and dark realities of modern conventional warfare.

I think there's a stigma with us not wanting to be aliented into becoming that isolated veteran sitting on a park bench looking like dogshit. So I think there's an exaggeration of veteran culture as a means of escapism from trying to leave all that shit behind and try to fit in to a place where none of us really fucking belong anymore.

I would say that I sleep but every day is a nightmare when I open my eyes.
>>
>>33562480
Yeah, I'm not complaining. I actually had a lot of fun in the service, and it helped me get a sweet near six figure job while I go to college on the GI Bill now.

Are you really trying to one-up me by using basic training? Man, it never gets tiring when a pog tries to compensate for the fact they're a pog. Yeah buddy, I went through the Shark attack too, we all did. Once we got to our platoon bays though, the DS wants to know more about you and he'll play all kind of games to psych you out. Cool starry brah.

Well no, that's just the way you see it. You see philosophy in this. Myself and pretty much almost everyone else in the Army sees it as a job and a way to play out a fantasy. The only ones who see it as honorary are usually the guys with 8 kids and a fat wife who can do nothing else outside of the military. I used it to bump up my resume so that I can join ICE later in life. I know what I'm fighting for, its called DFAS.

True, I completely agree. Funny enough though, at our OSUT in Benning our DS used to show us the same ogrish videos of Juba the baghdad sniper and a lot of fucked up videos. One of the main things that they wanted to get across is the fact that some of us will be getting assigned to units that are deploying extremely soon or are deployed. This is the only training that we will be getting before war. That's a scary thought.

You sound depressed. Honestly, I used to depressed also, a lot. Everything in life was an excuse that started with the words "Well in the Army we used to", and frankly people get sick of that shit. My first job I got was when I left the Army out of my resume and I applied in the oilfields of Texas. I got a job and started working, learned a trade and a skill, it was very rewarding. When the oil market crashed, I went ahead and moved to LA(cali), and now I work as a bodyguard while getting my computer science degree.

I think life is depressing if you don't grow, and sadly most of us vets don't grow.
>>
>>33562520

whatever man, i was the force behind the horse, you guys are lame and don't even climb mountains and meanwhile we ride horses with cowboy hats and shoot single-action armies and whip donkeys that pull wagons and shit

meanwhile 10th mountain is in bumfuck louisiana stuck in fort polka-dot-dicks feeling sorry for themselves because louisiana is bumfuck fuddland and a third world country, that doesn't even have mountains for you guys to climb, lamers
>>
>>33562834
I was in Fort Drum brah. I went to Iraq, but I know the other brigades went to Afghanistan, I hear there's mountains there.

There are 4 brigades in 10th MTN. 3 of them are in Fort Drum, 4th BCT is in Louisiana. They're the guys who play Opfor at JRTC.
>>
>>33549219
>Most everybody that grows up middle class knows

Now you get to provide statistics, sources, and citations to back that claim. Otherwise, you're just trying to pass opinion off as fact. That's a very lib tactic.
>>
>>33549547
>murder

You shouldn't use words if you don't know what they mean.
>>
>>33552152
You're probably too young to remember stop loss. Look it up.
>>
File: IMG_1977.jpg (1MB, 3000x2001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1977.jpg
1MB, 3000x2001px
>>33549451
What got you into your field?
>>
>>33550838
what's you're level if your sensitivity is trigger by others sensitivities?
>>
>>33551609
military personnel coming from your population. people don't change that much.
>>
In light of recent events, say shit goes thermonuclear with Russia nadn Syria, what kind of Veteran are going to see coming back?

I mean this isn't a bunch of hajis taking potshots at over 200m and blowing up IEDs that were planted 2 weeks ago, we're talking missiles, contesting Air Power, death and destruction possibly on an industrial scale that we haven't seen since WWII

If we have people breaking down with just an insurgency, whats a full blown war going to do to us?
>>
>>33549461
stfu already you pussy. stop trying to sound like you fought the war by yourself all you did was suck rip its and act like a fag
>>
>>33549451
yes, you'll dank my cervix, until I get tired den you will cervix the dank until your taxes pay for my home and I employ your wife in my tube meat factory as quality cuntrol. please suck it up buttercup.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.