[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the best self-defense weapons? I almost get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 213231213.jpg (32KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
213231213.jpg
32KB, 400x267px
What are some of the best self-defense weapons?
I almost get my shit stolen, had to run away from the guy.
Anyone here got mugged? what was your experience?
>>
You should really get some situational awareness if anything. A gun will not do you any good if you're completely oblivious to your surroundings.
>>
>>33548405
Situational awareness helped me out, he pretty much blocked my path.
Overall it was pretty obvious he was going to do something but in this case wish I had something to use.
>>
File: 1479257533640.jpg (2MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1479257533640.jpg
2MB, 3072x1728px
>>33548444
Well, in that case.
>mental preparation to use deadly force
>a fucking gun
>>
>>33548463
>use gun
>go to jail
Isn't there a way to incapacitate someone very fast without killing him? pepper spray is a meme or something?
>>
>>33548345
If they dont have a weapon and are in the streets you wouldnt shoot someone trying to rob you. I suggest some form of martial arts, preferably one that focuses on grappling. That way when they get close to you they're pretty much fucked. Muggers tend to lose intrest when they see pretrudingbone fractures.
>>
>>33548345
>>33548490
Always have a knife on hand both for utility sake and for defense just in case. But get a gun as your number one defense tool. If you can't do that, pepper gel (more concentrated than spray and doesn't require a shake to start). If not that either, then a telescopic baton. And failing that, move.

Don't learn a martial science. Those take years to actually get decent with, let alone master, and even then practice is usually in controlled environments with set moves. If you want to learn to fight, learn a martial skill like boxing. Quicker to pick up and more realistic in today's world.
>>
>>33548923
Fuck sorry. I meant don't learn a martial art, but learn a martial science. Time for bed for this anon.
>>
>>33548923
How hard do I need to punch a guy wth a brass knuckle to kill him?
Today my options where limited to something that could go on my jeans, no room to open my bag and draw something.
And with a baton, where do I aim first?
>>
>>33548490
There's always non lethals but if someone passes your threshold where lethal force is justified, why would you want to use a non lethal device that may or may not work on them?

If someone tries to rob me at gun point or with a knife, I'm not thanking them.
>>
>>33548953
>How hard do I need to punch a guy wth a brass knuckle to kill him?
Don't buy assknuckles, ever. Judge will fuck you up. You have no way of defending yourself in front of a judge. It IS a murder weapon and unlike with using a knife, you will be treated as someone who looked to start shit in order to use it.
Also, if the crook manages to disarm you, he will kill you and get away with it. Plus it's only good if you have minimal knowledge/experience in fighting. Chances are crook has a lot more experience in that than you - it's his job.

Have a knoif, a tactical folder, but don't use it unless you have no other option. I'm sure you saw "surviving edged weapuns". You don't want to go to jail for using "excessive force".

A GEL spray of good quality is really useful, but don't ever tease or threaten anyone with it, it's effective in surprise attack, and wont get you in prison. Fox Labs is good tier. Buy two - use up one for training - to see how it works - carry the other one on you at all times.
Pepper spray is ineffective as it takes over a minute to start effecting on adrenaline-pumped crook.
Gel in the face will work in seconds.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.