[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: 5452.jpg (29KB, 475x352px) Image search: [Google]
5452.jpg
29KB, 475x352px
Have an opportunity to buy a Ruger LCR (Chambered in .38 Special) new for $367 + tax. Should I go for it or no? Also, general Ruger discussion.
>>
I say yes.I rarely see them below $400
>>
S&W Shield 9mm w/ rebate puts it at $244.99 from Palmetto
>>
But with that being said, I carry a LCR loaded with gold dots and I love it.
>>
>>33547483
Already own another carry and really want a revolver.
>>
But it's at a going out of business sale so I won't get a chance to take it back if I don't like it.
>>
I never knew I could take guns back if I don't like them lol

What do you want to be able to do with your revolver?
>>
>>33547550
Then just sell it on armslist for a small profit.
>>
>>33547615
Backup carry. Put a few rounds through it for fun every now and then. Honestly I don't need it, haha.
>>
>>33547003

id say get the 357, but it is more dosh and iirc that can take +p?

my dad has a 357, i enjoy shooting it even with hotter loads. that little blue houge dildo just werks.
>>
>>33547710
Sadly they don't have the 357 or that would be my preference. They also have Bushmaster AR-15s for around 600.
>>
>>33547003
I carry one, I love it. Nice trigger and if gf has to use it, its easy for her to operate.
>>
>>33547710
>>33547745
I'm buying a lightly used .357 for $525 next week. Not the greatest deal ever, but pretty good.
>>
Bought one on CDNN for $389.73 shipped a few days ago...
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I recently bought and LCP 2. I have to say the one disappointment I have is how heavy the spring is. I was going to give this to my gf but I don't even think she can pull the slide all the way back. Not a good purchase for a lightweight female.
>>
>>33547745

id get the lcr over the bushmaster. some of the best guns are the ones you buy but don't need
>>
>>33547003
That's a pretty good price and the LCR is a prettu good little revolver.
>>
>>33547003
DESU id just buy a shield with one of those mail in rebates for like 250 or whatever instead.
>>
>>33547937
I went to a rent-a-gun range and tried this thing out after that pocket gun thread. I don't have very much experience with pistols, just rifles, shotguns and revolvers, but I liked shooting it. The trigger pull was really long, but I can understand why that's a feature in a safety-less pocket gun.

But a gun loving coworker shit all over it, /k/ hates it, and I can see its downsides. So, is there anything that is similarly compact, and similarly priced that I can look into? I want a cheap to feed, easy to carry first gun.
>>
>>33547937
Girls and pocket-guns are a misconception anyway. Larger guns have lighter springs, less felt recoil and are easier to handle. Plus, my gf just keeps her gun in her purse when she's out with me.
>>
>>33548807
I own a Kimber Micro .380 and love it. Not particularly cheap.
>>
>>33547003
I don't see a hammer on this, must be internal. I'm guessing the trigger pull is 10 pounds or something ridiculous. Am I right?
>>
>>33549029
yeah, it's about 10. Reviews say easy pull though. Haven't shot it so I can't attest either way.
>>
>>33548807
The LCP is amazing for what it is, a pocket gun. /k/ and gun snobs just don't like pocket guns, they all like carrying .45 bricks because they're fuds.
>>
>>33548970
This thing looks amazing. I just wish it wasn't twice as much as a full sized 9 like a canik CZ clone. /K/ says it's better to buy an expensive gun you'll love for years than to replace a mediocre one, so I'll keep saving for something I can really love. $700 is about how much I've spent on /tg/ before, and that shit's in storage now.
>>
>>33549154
Sounds like you suggest I go for it.
>>
>>33549164
A real kommando would get both to see why the Kimber is better, but I'm worried about that 6+1 pointed at my dick no safety
>>
>>33549215
I feel ya but I'm a student and not exactly rolling in cash
>>
>>33549228
If I didn't have cash to spare but wanted a pocket sized life saver I'd look into revolvers. Personally I want a pistol, so I'm waiting for someone to tell me the $400 difference is justified down range. If the cash burns a hole in my pocket I can always look into subcompacts, but there's something alluring to me about a pocket gun.
>>
>>33547003
Isn't that about what they go for new? I'd pass. There are much better guns you can get with that money. For example, a Smith & Wesson 442 or 642 is a better revolver for the same price. You could also get a pretty good semi-auto carry gun for that kind of money, like a Shield.

>>33547550
>>33547615
It's illegal to return guns. Period. That said, some shops will offer to buy customers' guns back. If they love their customers, they'll buy it back at 100% of the purchase price, but they can't ever resell it as new - the shop would take a significant loss selling the gun as used.
>>
>>33547841
Bruh I just bought one new for $450. You're getting raped at Academy prices with that.
>>
>>33550486
Where? If you can show me where to get one new at that price, I'll buy it there instead.
>>
>>33548807
>I shot the gun and really liked it but some guy I work with a /k/ doesn't like it so can you tell me what to like?
>>
>>33549349
I have a Sig P238, very much along the same lines as the Kimber, and I love it. They were doing some kind of package deal where you got a P238, a Veridian laser, and extra mags for ~$600 ( https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411556349/Sig+Sauer+P238+.380+ACP+2.7%22+2-Tone+with+3+mags,+Viridian+Laser+&+Holster ), picked one up from my FLGS and it's great. The chunkier grips make it extremely comfy to hold and shoot. Colt also makes a babby 1911 in 380.
>>
Yes, snatch that shit.
>>
>>33547710
All lcrs can take +p.

>>33550212
Confirmed never having shot 442/642 and LCR. the LCR has an unbelievable trigger out of the box. Plus it doesn't have a dumb fucking politician-safety waiting to engage and get you killed.
>>
>>33550212
>Have an opportunity to buy a Ruger LCR (Chambered in .38 Special) new
>>
>>33550212
>It's illegal to return guns. Period.

[citation needed]
>>
File: AnyAnimatedArcticseal.webm (311KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
AnyAnimatedArcticseal.webm
311KB, 1024x576px
>>33547003
Yes, love my 9mm LCR. It's my primary carry gun, it's really nice knowing you won't leave any brass behind for the cops to find.
>>
the LGS here had Ruger days a few weeks ago and I picked up the LCRx with the 3 inch barrel for 359 and got a free hat too. I really wanted a longer barrel and a cocking hammer since I already have a S&W 642. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I love the trigger.
>>
>>33547003
I liked the 327. It's a good deal and a popular revolver if you ever resell it. The dedicated 38 is a better choice if you actually plan on carrying 38s.
>>
It also comes in 9MM the cheapest round ya can get and marginally better then 38
>>
>>33547448
>receive the gun next year
>>
>>33550822
>Confirmed never having shot 442/642 and LCR. the LCR has an unbelievable trigger out of the box.
I've shot them both. The Smiths have a nice smooth trigger. The Ruger's trigger is stagey: it jerks the cylinder around abruptly, then starts drawing the hammer back, then finally locks the cylinder into place, and drops the hammer. Each stage of the operation gives the trigger different feedback. On the other hand, the Smith trigger is just a single, smooth motion to the rear of the trigger guard.

>Plus it doesn't have a dumb fucking politician-safety waiting to engage and get you killed.
Confirmed never having shot a 442/642. You can get them without the internal lock.

>>33551411
Yeah, I'm telling you to pass on it.

>>33551852
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922
>>
>>33547003
>Have an opportunity to buy a Ruger LCR (Chambered in .38 Special) new for $367 + tax. Should I go for it or no? Also, general Ruger discussion.

>$367 before taxes and fees, probably $400 total
>$400 but only carries 6 bullets
>$400 but chambered in a round weaker than .9mm
>>
>>33553682
Where does it say that a licensed dealer cannot lawfully accept returns? Actually use a citation instead of just linking to all of 18 USC Sec. 922. All they have to do in order to accept a return is log the gun back in and either give you a refund or store credit.

If you're trying to claim that the only way they can accept a return is to buy something back, that's just semantics. If I buy a pair of jeans at a store, then take them back and get a refund or store credit, it could also be claimed they're buying the pants back from me instead of taking a return.
>>
>>33550501
It was a temporary deal at Sportsman Outdoor Superstore. I'm sure if your'e willing to wait that you can come across one like it again.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.