[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if Gandalf found one of these instead of Glamdring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

What if Gandalf found one of these instead of Glamdring?
>>
>>33545877
He would have run out of ammunition.
>>
>>33545877

He would probably use it assuming ammunition was readily available.
>>
>>33545877
Inuril, Flame of the East. It turns from blued to parkerized when orcs are nearby.
>>
>>33545888
>impying he cant magic more ammo
>>33545895
kek
>>
File: 1428095883166.jpg (52KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428095883166.jpg
52KB, 750x600px
>>33545877
>When Gandalf they Grey becomes Gandalf the White

Level up bitches.
>>
>>33545877
I imagine battling the ring wraiths would have sucked considering the bullets would most likely just fly through them to little effect.

I'm also pretty sure that horde of goblin rejects in the mountains would have been a lot harder to deal with, if you take ammo into account. Also they wouldn't have feared a random object with no renown like that, so you might have an advantage by surprising them with a few bursts, but after that yeah nah.

Legolas would have been pissed he lost his favorite hidden toy.

Dwarves would have their homes back and rule the economy in the span of a generation if one of them took it apart.

Shelob would have been a jobber if he gave it to frodo later on

He wouldn't have had to throw pine cones at that fucking orc, or was that before they found the swords?

That's all I got for now
>>
>>33546006
pissing laughing
>>
>>33546006
>Dwarves would have their homes back and rule the economy in the span of a generation if one of them took it apart.

Damn good point.
>>
>>33546132
No it isn't. They would have no idea how to make the chemicals needed for primer and powder.
>>
>>33547429
Watch The Lord of the Rings part 2. Saruman makes a bomb with black powder. It's how the Orcs breach the walls of Helms Deep.

So different guy, but sorry you're incorrect. Now that I think of it Gandalf uses fireworks in the first movie for the hobbits. Wizards knew gun powder.
>>
>>33547429
In the desolation of smaug Balin makes flash flame which acts somewhat like flash powder so its pretty clear they have some kind of sulfur like substance
>>
>>33547429
Why are you in this thread?
No LOTR lore.
No gun lore.
Leave.
>>
>>33546006
still need a marksman to take out smaug :^)
>>
>>33545877
He'd kill 30 orcs, then run out of ammo.

Saruman was the only one in Middle Earth with the knowledge and industrial facilities needed to manufacture modern bullets.
>>
>>33547664
It's a Russian gun, so they would adopt Russian methods. Quantity of fire spewed by endless hordes.
>>
>>33545947
>stamped receiver fags btfo
>>
File: obey.jpg (62KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
obey.jpg
62KB, 500x391px
>>33545877
I imagine a demonstration shocking and confusing the elven overlords, ultimately leaving them unconvinced of it's usefulness.

>it pokes holes like a bow and arrow!
>elves don't realize it pokes holes better, faster
>dwarves stare in amazement and fight each other over it
>>
>>33545877

So basically he has a wand of magic missile with 6x, 5rd, shots then it's dead?
>>
>>33545929
>impying he cant magic more ammo
He can't. He couldn't even make fire from nothing, and that was his specialty.
>>
>>33547540

You, YOU are incorrect. You think I didn't remember the highlight of the Two Towers? Piss off. Dwarves never could have done what Saruman did.

No one has ever made a primer besides, which is different from black powder.
>>
>>33548292
>Dwarves never could have done what Saruman did.
I have no reason to believe that. Dwarves are said to be masters of fire, able to start campfires, often even in the rain. If they have some flash paper like >>33547643 claims (which I don't remember in any of the books) they could probably figure out primer.

They also mention in the books that the orcs were creative in their technology for cruel purposes, but not inventive. Their tech is stolen or bastardized versions of other races tech, so someone else may have invented the explosives. Considering Dwarves are miners they may well have been knowledgeable in explosives. The only other time explosives are mentioned that I can think of is Gandalf's fireworks, his ability to ignite pinecones to explode, and Sauron on the field of Pelanor.

Anyway, point is that Sarumon wasn't the only person with that knowledge and the most likely contender of any mortal folk would be the Dwarves.
>>
>>33547540
Because a bunch of idiotic dwarves (and they ARE idiotic, a fucking hobbit had to do most of the heavy lifting) could do what the most powerful wizard at the time could do. But sure, he's the one that's incorrect.
>>
>>33548972
Based on what? Peter Jackson's bastardized movies where he makes Gimli the comic relief character?
>>
>>33547429
There are certainly fireworks in the lotr universe.

In the hobbit when they were first ambushed by the goblin in the cave they rested in during a storm. It mention that Gandalf made several bright flashes(killing goblins) "like lightning in the cave" fallowed by the smell of gunpowder.
>>
>>33549103
>The hobbit
In the book i mean. not the shitty movie.
>>
>>33549109
Shitty movies, friend. I'm still in disbelief they tried to stretch 1 book into a trilogy.
>>
File: cassandra.jpg (26KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
cassandra.jpg
26KB, 480x720px
>>33548972
Dwarves aren't idiotic, they're out of their element as vagabonds, but they're not stupid. Bilbo's number one skill was luck. And maybe throwing.

The first thing that nearly kills them all (trolls) was caused by Bilbo's stupidity. They escaped the goblin caves despite him. He was usless in the war of five armies. They literally carry him and his gear through portions of the story...

He saved them twice, really. In the elf king's dungeon, and in Murkwood (and couldn't have done shit in murkwood if the dwarves hadn't been there to fetch the boat), and only because he accidentally found the ring. He essentially roused the dragon and got Laketown destroyed. He did some puzzle solving and had some utility here and there, and was definitely integral to the success of the dwarves, but he didn't do all the heavy lifting.

>>33549050
LOTR is a great trilogy. Gimli is a bit misrepresented though. I think they tried to pull some of the lighthearted dwarvishness from the Hobbit. The only thing that bothers me really though is that when they're comparing kills during the battle Gimli is supposed to win that, and I think they glossed over it.

>>33549109
>>33549136
http://fanedit.info/fanedits/
Search for "spence". You need jdownloader to get it, but essentially it's all 3 movies cut into one 3 hour movie that follows the book closer. It's not perfect, but it's actually a pretty decent cut, that makes the trilogy passable. The guy who did it, and another guy were working on a perfect (or as perfect as can be) cut, but they haven't been heard from for some time. Maybe got shut down. The only thing missing that bothers me much is Beorn.

pic unrelated
>>
>>33549208
>No Beorn.

WHAT? Fucking god damn bullshit ass fuckers.

I am so glad I never gave that shit the time of day and now never will.
>>
Ken. What if... Orks and trolls were armed with only sks's.who would win?

Why not f35 to mordor?muh stealth.
>>
File: 1427389237556.png (814KB, 611x900px) Image search: [Google]
1427389237556.png
814KB, 611x900px
>>33549208
>>33549267
My wife gets upset they didn't show Tom Bombadil in the LOTR trilogy.
>>
File: sks_close.png (2MB, 900x1354px) Image search: [Google]
sks_close.png
2MB, 900x1354px
>>33549267
The original trilogy does have Beorn (and he's a pretty okay rendition). The spence edit doesn't, and I dunno why. It's the most glaring thing I don't like about that cut.

There is a shortened cut out there somewhere that has him in it, but I think it clocks in at 3 hours 30 minutes or something, which is a bit long.

>>33549322
I did too. He's not integral to the plot, and I get why they cut him, but he's important to the mystique of the tolkien universe imo. He's a fun character that is completely out of place. He essentially serves to let people know that, no matter how much detail is in the Tolkien universe, you can make own assumptions about missing information.

pic unrelated, but /k/ related
>>
He would instantly be called a Russian spy on CNN, in todays world.

lol Seriously this needs to stop.
>>
>>33547684
People were equipping entire armies in plate but nobody could smelt lead huh
>>
File: 1355183821542.jpg (145KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1355183821542.jpg
145KB, 500x492px
>>33549322
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.