[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Range Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170209_131004.jpg (31KB, 336x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170209_131004.jpg
31KB, 336x442px
What's your most hilarious firing range story?

I'll share mine:

>be at firing range
>buddy of mine brings his nugget for shits and giggles
>hands me a bag of surplus ammo
>load it up
>fire
>I mean I literally set the target on fire
>ammo was incendiary
>mfw my buddy was the firing range supervisor
>mfw ex-military guys were there and saw
>>
Just an observation from here in Northern California:

Why is it always the Asian dudes who'll bring some hugeass cannon tricked out with tacticool gear that fires some or another round that sounds like a fucking bomb going off? I mean, I know that guns make noise, but every fucking time there's someone in a lane making earsplitting BOOM!!! after BOOM!!!, you can be sure that it's an Asian guy with some shit that looks like it came straight out of a videogame and has rails all over it. I mean, what's up with that?
>>
>>33545135
Muzzle breaks
>>
>>33545135
They likely have a muzzle break installed to reduce felt recoil
>>
>>33545161
I've never used a muzzle brake. Do they really make the gun that much noisier? And do they really reduce recoil very much?
>>
>>33545188
They vent a sizable portion of the gas to the sides, so the gun is ideed a lot louder when you're next to it. It's one of the main reasons they are not appeciated on ranges.

As for recoil, I'd consider the difference to be somewhat notable, but it depends on the cartridge and the muzzle brake itself.

If you go for higher powered cartridges, I'd recommend it.
>>
>>33545188
Oh, and when you are shooting prone on dusty ground, a muzzle brake which vents gas downwards (older muzzle brakes did that) will likely throw up dust, which is really shitty.

As for hard numbers, Wikipedia cites somewhere between 10-50 % less recoil. YMMV
>>
>>33545188
>And do they really reduce recoil very much?
Depends on which one but yes they can make a significant difference.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/02/jeremy-s/308-muzzle-brake-test/
>>
>>33545332
Why would they make muzzle brakes that channeled gas downward? how does that counteract recoil?
>>
>>33545135
Asians love being tacticool.

t.Korean
>>
>>33546586
For when you're shooting upside down
>>
>>33546586
It would reduce recoil in the shoulder, but not muzzle climb.
>>
>>33545275
I actually swapped the brake I had on a rifle for one with a screw on redirector for when I was at a range and didn't want to be "that guy with the brake". It's basically a poor man's warden, but it works pretty good.
>>
Took my mom shooting the other day and the guy next to us was shooting .338 Lapua at 600 yards with a huge muzzle break. Not a fun experience for a beginner like her.
>>
>>33545161
>muzzle breaks
>>
>>33545188
>>33546569
I'm going to buy a Mini 14 soon and have the chance to get one with a muzzle brake. Do you think the reduction in recoil would be noticeable/worth the extra noise in .223?
>>
RSO told me this one
>upstanding African gentleman and his lady come in to shoot one day
>both shooting high points
>RSO asks standard questions during check in
>asks if they have shooting experience
>dude gets unnecessarily agressive
>you think cause I'm black I don't know bout guns?
>RSO tells him they ask everyone because some people want some extra help or aren't familiar with a new gun
>whatever man I know a bunch about guns
>dude and his gf go into range where they both get separate lanes
>RSO goes in a few minutes later to check on everyone
>come upon dude and gf and there are a shit ton of full cartridges on the floor around them
>he is shooting 45 and she is shooting 9mm
>both are firing AND RACKING THE SLIDE AFTER EVERY SHOT
>RSO laughs his ass off
>waits till they come off range
>goes back in and got about 250 rounds that were just lying on the floor
>>
>>33548280
I am the asian dude who brings the obnoxious bang so yea.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/11/jeremy-s/556-muzzle-device-shootout/
>>
File: putinlauf.gif (4MB, 347x244px) Image search: [Google]
putinlauf.gif
4MB, 347x244px
>>33548702
stupid niggers
>>
>>33545135
ive noticed this in florida as well and they always have big grins on their faces and are laughing and having fun, and then when they catch you looking at them you're both like fuck yeah dude
>>
>>33545135
The only asian guy I remember seeing at the range showed up with a tricked out .22. He would take one shot every 4-5 minutes it seemed. After each shot he had to set the gun down and calculate corrections I guess.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.