[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice for blades for the use of self defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_0264.jpg (114KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0264.jpg
114KB, 425x282px
Hey /k/, not here much but I assume you could educate and help me with my problem.

I need you to recomend me a blade used for self-defense.

Since im feeling very uncomfortable right now because of personal reasons; packed with a slight sprinkle of paranoia, I would like you guys to recommend me a blade I could keep around me at all times while outside my appartment for the sole purpose of self defense.
Requirements:
> legal to buy
> affordable (i dont strugle with money so if anyone has a suggestion that is just perfect but is a bit picy i would not mind picking it up)
> easy to use (in the sense that there is no high risk of me pulling out the blade (if necessary) and cutting myself when the blade flips open(if the blade happens to be a flip knife or what not)
>conceivable
>effective (no karambit or some huge ass blade type of shit - by this i mean i know what to do with it if i ever need to, this does not exclude these wierd ass shapes of blades but becuase i am no expert in fighting hand to hand combat these other shapes of blades seem like an enigma to me-so if there is a easy to learn or a reason for recomending such a blade it is welcome!!)

BONUS:
>not large yet intimidating but still being easy to use and effective
> does not look like a space ship rather like a swiss army pocket set (or whatever those are called) - what im getting at is that it does not have to look like a swiss army pocket set , but if someone accidentely saw it for a short period of time they would not be able to connect it with a blade)

Sorry for vocab- only thing i could have connected blades to were CSGO knife names even tough i assume that these csgo names are not accurate.
Thanks a lot anons for reading and hopefully giving a recomendation, i appreciate it a lot!

-if anyone was going to say 'fag go to /adv/ that is for what the board is used for blahh leave us alone blahh' my reasoning for choosing /k/ is that the recomendations will be:
1) more reliable
2) more useful
>>
>>33541948
Nobody wins a knife fight friend, the winner just dies slower
buy a gun
>>
>>33541972
I am not in a country where buying a gun is legal,
And im it dealing eith thugs rsther unstable individuals i fear
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I%27m+a+cocksucking+faggot+what+knife+can+I+buy+in+a+cuck+state%3F
>>
>>33542008
I am not dealing with thugs* rather unstable individuals
>>
>>33542012
Fuck of fag if you are not going to give a recomendation its notmmy fucking fault i live in a country where laws prohibit gun use and have a fucked up current life situstion
>>
A sharp one
>>
>>33542070
Top kek ok thanks
>>
File: Me in Kit.png (1MB, 451x1033px) Image search: [Google]
Me in Kit.png
1MB, 451x1033px
>>33541948
Go cold steel. They will hold up to combat stress and they are reasonably priced.
Don't believe me?
Watch their youtube videos. Lots of Spec Ops guys doing badass shit that would break any lesser knife.
PROTIP: Poison your knife. Treat the edge with rat poison so anyone that gets cut by it has "problems"
Just don't cut yourself
Training will only do so much.
Strike first and strike fast and you will prevail in 910/ knife fights.
Even if you get seriously wounded, a quick trip to the hospital will fix you up perfectly.
Stab wounds are easy to fix since they only need to be sewed up. (hence the poison for enemies)
SOURCE: former Navy SEAL
pic related is me for proof
>>
>>33542040
Tommy!
>>
>>33542008
A good pair of running shoes
Pepper gel
A schrade F14 (change the handlescales though for the love of god)
Get a gun anyway. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
>>
>>33541948

I bought a Kershaw Thermite a few months ago for this reason. Came from them sharp as a motherfucker. Great size, and it seems reliable.

Kershaw is a great brand if you want bang for you buck, plus it isn't some meme tier 420C stainless crap.
>>
>>33541948
Any knife will do just bring a utility weapon like pepper spray or one of those strobe security flashlights to throw the battle in your favor.
>>
File: thermite.jpg (341KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
thermite.jpg
341KB, 1400x1050px
>>33542177

Forgot pic

The other side is a hard poly-something-plastic-something or other, really solid though, and it feels great in a large hand like I have.
>>
>>33542118
>SOURCE: former Navy SEAL
>pic related is me for proof
really? cause the last guy who used that pic claimed to be 19D. Reverse image search some shit before you use it. you cancerous queer.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/22940744/#p22945308

>pic related
me in Vietnam. I just got back to barracks after 3 weeks outside the wire.
>>
>>33542229
its a meme you dip.
>>
File: Me in service.jpg (4MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
Me in service.jpg
4MB, 3072x2304px
>>33542229
Go fuck yourself
I am the REAL DEAL
If someone is pretending to be me I deserve to know about it, especially if they are using my pictures.
Using my likeness without my permission IS A CRIME and I will sue them for it.
Pic related is my fireteam
Quite LARPing as a soldier kid, it makes real us real war heros mad
>>
>>33541948
You'd be better off with a blunt object that gives you some distance. A knife might kill your attacker but you're going to get yourself killed too.

An expandable baton would be easiest to carry. A bat, tire iron, or golf club in the car are also acceptable answers.
>>
>>33542324
guy fieri really let himself go once he got out.
>>
>>33542209
>op looking for dedicated fighting knife
>lol heres a folder
>>
>>33541948
>I need you to recomend me a blade used for self-defense.
Don't
>>
>>33541948
Carrying a knife for self defense is stupid. both legally and practically. you're much better off picking up running for a hobby and carrying a can of mace.

that being said, pretty much any blade over three inches will work for reaching the near surface targets on a human. Either buy a Mora or other cheap folder and make yourself a Kydex IWB holster or just buy a spyderco endura and do the zip tie mod to it so youll actually be able to draw it in time in a pinch.
>>
>>33542324
war hero IRAQ WAR TOPKEK
>>
Go to a southnarc class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAq3II6u4Jo
>>
>>33542008
>I am not in a country where buying a gun is legal,
where?
>>
>>33541948
get a good old fairbairn-stykes dagger
>>
File: a guide for a def folder.png (523KB, 1497x838px) Image search: [Google]
a guide for a def folder.png
523KB, 1497x838px
>>33541948
>>
File: a guide to edc knives 2.png (532KB, 1129x844px) Image search: [Google]
a guide to edc knives 2.png
532KB, 1129x844px
>>33541948
>>33545154
>>
>>33545137
This, cannot go wrong with magic brit knife
>>
File: a guide to fixed combat knives.png (1MB, 1326x852px) Image search: [Google]
a guide to fixed combat knives.png
1MB, 1326x852px
>>33545176
>>33545154
these guides are basically for beginners but know your laws and know that if you cut someone you will get into trouble. knives are a last ditch effort not a go to it should only be used if there is no other choice just like guns. always practice and learning self defense without weapons is important. always be responsible.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.