[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

327 Magnum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 32-327-4cu-200.jpg (6KB, 200x137px) Image search: [Google]
32-327-4cu-200.jpg
6KB, 200x137px
Thoughts on the .327 Federal Magnum and compatible rounds for defense? Seems to be a pretty sweet deal for smaller guns, fairly potent and holds an extra round compared to 38/357. I would assume the recoil would be more mild as well.

I know 327 mag, 32 h&r mag, 32 long, and 32 short aren't nearly as common as 38 or 357, but that gives you a decent variety to work with
>>
>>33541848
I already have enough meme calibers
>.357 sig
>7.62x25
>>
>>33541848
I've shot one before. Recoil wasn't too bad and the extra round in a snubbie was neat.
>>
>>33541875
That's the opposite of my problem, I have no meme calibers
>>
Interesting caliber.

>>33541961
>>33541875
It is not a meme if it has no memetic properties. Stop abusing the word meme.
>>
Fantastic round, but it needs a longer barrel to actually make sense.
>>
>>33541984
IIRC Ruger has a 7 shot Blackhawk or Vaquero in .327 available as a dealer exclusive, it has a long barrel.
>>
>>33541848
I carried a .32 H&R Magnum when hog hunting (easier to swing that around than a bolt action rifle). It was good enough. Fun to shoot.
>>
>>33542257
But single action, so shitty and useless.
>>
>>33542257
Was thinking more of a DA with a 3" barrel. If I was gonna get a bigger gun like those I'd probably just go with a 44
>>
http://www brassfetcher.com/Handguns/327%20Federal/327%20Federal.html
This site is a great resource in general.
>tldr it's not as good as 9mm out of a short barrel
It has the same problems as .357 in snubnoses, high recoil and big flash for marginal speed improvement.
A full length barrel? Sure.
>>
>>33541982
>memetic properties
scp pls go
>>
>>33543216
I definitely have no intention of swapping out my nine for this. Not really comparing it to semi-autos just other revolvers
>>
>>33542904
If you're a faggot.
>>
>>33543154
There's a 4" SP101 in .327mag in current production.
>>
.327 is great, but it's never going to gain enough traction to take a meaningful portion of the 357 market. It's much better in the lcr instead of 357 of course, but the demand for an airweight snub magnum revolver isn't soaring. 32 magnum and long are both also excellent rounds in the correct revolver. Your options are just really limited if you want a new pistol.

>>33541982
Did you take your green pill today?
>>
>>33545690
I had the 4" in 357 a while back. It's too bad they discontinued the 3" in 327, as that's what I'd probably get.

Although I hate the triggers on Ruger revolvers compared to my Model 10 and Model 15
>>
>>33543154
Like the S&W 632
>>
>>33543154
You have the LCRx with its (I think) 2.75" barrel, and the SP101 with a 3" barrel.

>>33541848
WHY DOES NOBODY ACTUALLY CHAMBER THIS ROUND. I mean seriously, Federal co-opted with Ruger to produce it and Ruger didn't even chamber it for half its fucking life.
>make a round specifically to fit a 6th shot in a 5-shot .38spl frame
>only 2 companies produce guns in it for the first 5 years of its life (Charter Arms and S&W) and they're still only 5 shots
>Ruger's first offering was a long-barreled, 7 shot single action hunting revolver
>round has been around for EIGHT YEARS before it's chambered in the (comparatively long-barreled) LCRx and TEN YEARS before it's offered in the LCR or SP101

>>33542257
It's the Single Seven (which is now discontinued). While it was (briefly) produced in the Vaquero it was still a 6-shot gun. AFAIK it's never been offered in the Blackhawk.
>>
>>33549226
I am typically a guy who sticks with major calibers due to price and availability considerations, but this seems like a legitimately a good cartridge that could take a decent portion of the market share if companies pull their heads out of their asses and ran with it. Don't try to kill the 357 or compete with semi autos but marketed as a defensive round that allows for similar power while offering more controllability and higher-capacity. It seems like a no-brainer to me, but I guess that's why they don't pay me the big bucks
>>
when are they going to make a rimless version of the .327 Fed for double stack automatic pistols? dont say that its too long because there are already .357 mag pistols for automatics
>>
>>33550854
Haven't heard about this actually.
>>
>>33541848
It's great. Sadly American market is too conservative for it to go anywhere
>>
>>33550889
That's because there are exactly two: Coonan's xbox huge scaled up 1911 in .357mag, and the smallest Deagles.
>>
>>33541984

No it does not actually. It can work very well with a 3 inch barrel.

In a snubbie it might not get much power but it's still an extra round

And if you get it in the 4 inch sp101 which is the most common gun for it, then you're golden.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.