[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so this might be more /biz/ related but those chodes never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

Ok so this might be more /biz/ related but those chodes never help with anything other than investing.

I work a wagecuck job and before I got into guns I was fine with it. I literally give no shits to own a house or the latest and greatest vehicle. As long as I could afford Vidya and Beer I was good.

Fast forward a few years after me and my brother reunite, he gets me into guns and gear all the usual stuff.
Suddenly get huge boner to skrimp and save to build my first AR. I'm addicted as fuck.
Obviously this hobby is not cheap and I still have bills but all I want to do is be able to buy a thousand rounds without feeling like I need to donate plasma to make rent.

Tell me /k/ what do you do for a living? How do you fund your funs? I was debating between something in the medical field or maybe a trade like plumbing.
>>
>>33537443
Don't be in a hurry. I know the temptation of saying "OMG I WANT ALL THE GUNS RIGHT NOOOOOOW!!!", but a good collection takes years to build up. Keep watching Armslist and Gunbroker for good deals - you'll lose a lot of them, but you'll slowly build toward what you want. If you want to do an AR build, don't be afraid to slowly collect the parts you want. Do that, and you won't exactly have to be Bill Gates to afford this hobby.
>>
>>33537443
I'm a biomedical engineer anon, which is a fancy way of saying I couldn't afford med school. I design things and invest most of my earnings, but save money for fun(s). Just do something that is marketable and that you're good at. Less of a market/more competition, the better/more dedicated you'll need to be.

Just pick a job that'll exist in meaningful quantities in ~20 years and acquire a more diversified skillset and you can get whatever guns you damn well please.
>>
>>33537503
I know I guess I'm just jealous of youtubers like Sootch, Mrgunsgear and Vigilantespectre who get to shoot thousands of rounds.
>>
>>33537527
I guess thats why I'm leaning more towards medical or trades just to to their Ubiquitous need. I was also debating Engineering but ive heard its an oversaturated field. Funny I would think Biomedical would be in more demand.
>>
>>33537503
How often do you shoot?
>>
>>33537443
>Tell me /k/ what do you do for a living?

I work for $9/hr + tips at a restaurant and live with my parents. I'm 21.

I'm speaking as someone who has owned guns for +3 years, fuck a collection. Buy all the neccessities and nothing else. Do not skimp out on quality equipment, accessories and ONLY buy what you need.

Excuse me if I come off as preachy but one must seriously take into consideration as to what they exactly need and want.

In my opinion, a good arsenal to have would be
>AR15 with red dot, light and sling for HD
>one handgun that can be both used for HD and CC
>maybe some milsurp bolt action or gun strictly used for fun like a revolver or a .22lr

You don't have to have an M9, P226, Glock 19, CZ75B, P30, M&P and everything else just to enjoy guns. All you need is a quality rifle and a pistol that you can carry, everything else is spent on ammo and range fees which will make everything more affordable along with being rewarding in the long run.

Range sessions don't even require 200 rounds to be sprayed out in order to be fun. I structure my range visits with only 2 boxes of 9mm and get a lot done with it.

Again, excuse me if I'm being preachy. Just trying to get out the message that you don't need a fortune to enjoy firearms.
>>
>>33537443
I'm a forklift operator.
>>33537443
>How do you fund your funs?
By operating all the forklifts. Also I am single with no g/f or kids.
>>
>>33537695
Actually that makes a lot of sense. if I do buy a gun it has to fulfill a purpose so to speak. I appreciate the info!
>>
I'm an auto mechanic. I make decent enough money I suppose. I live with my girlfriend who also pays half of everything so I have money left over for funs.
Take your time and save where you can. It's an expensive hobby but by no means only a "rich mans" hobby.
>>
>>33537733
A true operator on this board, at last.
>>
>>33537539
Protip: it's usually always donated
>>
>>33537443
I live at home while I'm finishing up school, I get grants and stuff to live on but spend it on guns. Just build and assemble something part by part. If you see a lower parts kit on sale then grab it. A sale on lowers, grab it. And so on. A trade is good, of you can get into nursing you can make good gun money, I know some nurses and they have fucking armories.
>>
>>33537443
I'm a CNC machine operator. Pay sucks because I'm starting out with no experience but once I've been at it for a while I'll be able to get better raises and work overtime to fund my gat addiction.
>>
OP, my man, you want to shoot a lot, get a lot of bang for your buck, of course.

What you need to do is to invest into reloading.
>>
>>33537443
Dentist,have my own practice.

By buying what I want?
>>
>>33537443
I'm a college student and work part time making 10 bucks an hour.

I also own 16 guns.

Now, obviously I don't have many bills but its the same more or less, just save your money. I probably put a good 50-100 bucks each check towards my next fun purchase. Also, I reload as well so I can actually afford to shoot quite often.
>>
>>33537443
Go to school little bitch
>>
>>33537733
Hey, I operate forklifts too!
>>
>>33540831
To expand on this, .38 Special and .357 Magnum can easily be loaded and shot for below 50 cent per round, .38 for as little as 13 cent per round.

For something more expensive, .338 Lapua averages $5 per round, but with handloading you can go as low as $2, possibly less.

Handloading is a GREAT thing for the economically minded shooter.
>>
>>33537443
I'm, an ED Nurse, pay isn't too bad, I work night shift so it can get *very* slow at times so I fuck around on /k/ a lot. And if youre a dude hospitals will bend over backwards to hire you. Out of the 200 applicants this place had they hired me and two other guys. Something to look into at least.
>>
I'm a software engineer. I have a good chunk of disposable income which is nice, but since the best paying programming jobs are in very blue and restricted states, I haven't been able to get many of the funs I've wanted.

SP1 for less than $2k, please?
>>
>>33546516
Also a software engineer, in NH so good laws here. Wasted a lot of my money on guns when I was an intern. I've got pretty much everything I've wanted, but I have more historical tastes. The only things I own that would be banned in other states are my M16A1 parts kit build and CZ 75 BD (high cap mags). I've slowed down buying significantly and am going to focus more on using what I have (12 guns?).
>>
>what do you do for a living?

Military contractor.

>how do you afford your funs?

Single military contractor.
>>
>>33546557
A little jealous of you anon. I'm in MA.
>>
>>33537443

Programmer

Debt
>>
>>33537443
Trades are awesome, but truly depends on the company.

low volt, life safety technician.
>commercial fire alarm.

Saving, and the occasional tax refund splurge.
>>
>>33542787
as do I
>>
>>33537443

Electrician, average $75k (southern US) but could make more if I liked overtime. I save and spend wisely. When I buy something I make it last, I don't need the newest anything. I have about 30 guns and some NFA. My recommendation is to buy nice guns and not waste a bunch of money on AR builds that really end up not being worth much on the secondary market. Machine guns and old guns are the ones that tend to hold their value or increase in value.
>>
I am a chemical operator and operate chemical plants. By making chemicals for my boss, they give me money, which can be exchanged for goods and services

The way I see it, owning a gun is a solid investment. It will hold its value much longer than other consumer goods, and can fairly quickly be sold for cash on the spot if the need arises.
>>
I'm 20, I live at home and work about 29 hours a week at a gas station. I barely have any bills so I can put a lot of money towards guns, but I'm trying to save money right now so I haven't bought anything in a few months.

>tfw hate my job with a passion but no career seems appealing to me
>just want to live innawoods
[spoiler] that's why I'm saving my money [/spoiler]
>>
>>33537443
I'm in millwork (mainly windows & doors) and make a measly $30k/yr. I'm still paying off college ($7k/yr) and will be for another 2.5 years. That alone is the biggest drain on my paycheck. As for affording guns, I save $20 to $100 per week.
>>
>>33537443
I always have money set aside specifically for purchases like this. Never go over what you have set aside.
Wait for sales. Like every other company, they'll hold bitching sales.
Buy quality first. If you wanted a ACOG, buying a cheap substitute now only means you'll have to save up more later on. Buy the cheap stuff later on to outfit multiple weapons.

Nice thing with ARs is that you can build it from scratch. So no issues buying good parts over time.
>>
>>33546681
>SOCOM USP
I hate you and it's because I'm super jealous
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.