[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do soldiers actually use their sidearms in combat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 92fs_zoom002.jpg (72KB, 840x536px) Image search: [Google]
92fs_zoom002.jpg
72KB, 840x536px
How often do soldiers actually use their sidearms in combat?
>>
>>33536785
In combat, almost never. Even in close quarters a carbine is better. Most grunts just use them to shoot open MREs and execute prisoners.
>>
>>33536785
Literally never. Honestly I wish I had its weight in cigarettes instead of being issued one.
>>
File: bradley-a.-kasal.jpg (57KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
bradley-a.-kasal.jpg
57KB, 600x400px
>>33536785
They're literally only last resort weapons.

They'll get used if:
1. You're in a situation where there are enemies withing spitting distance and your main weapon just went down
2. You're incapacitated in such a way that you can't use your main weapon
3. You only have pistol ammo left and everyone else is low

Now imagine those unlikely scenarios and keep in mind that maybe...5? or so people in a platoon get issued a sidearm.

It's unlikely.
>>
>>33537190
>Shoot open MREs
Explain.
>>
>>33537811
I thought every soldier got issued a handgun?

Is my vidya lying to me again?
>>
>>33537861
Well they don't open themselves
>>
>>33537811
>go to dfac with hands in my pocket
>don't have to carry shit when I'm chilling on duty
>some 0331 somewhere has to carry a 240 and an A4 because I have a pistol and some female sncos has the rest of them and m4s.

feels good man.
>>
>>33537865
Yes. Usually only officers or SNCO's get issued them, since it's lighter and easier than carrying a rifle when walking to the chow hall while deployed.
>>
>>33537865
Vidya most certainly is. Sidearms are reserved for people that are at least kind of important.
>>
>>33537865
Officers (not all) or someone who has a reason that a rifle won't work. So basically officers who want to "look cool" and not lug around a rifle and are high enough up that they can.
>>
>>33536785
literally never, unless they are special forces doing covernt spoopy ops and hits like mossad style. even then, almost never
>>
>>33537861
You fold over the corner of the bag and put a round right at the edge, making sure not to hit the cracker pack. It comes right apart. Then you shoot the drink packet, doesn't matter where. You could tear it open but it pours better with through a .38" hole.
>>
>>33537969
I hit the cracker pack once. Fucking terrible. Cracker pieces everywhere.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.