[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guide lines for a newfag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: theoutlanderiusefortrapshooting.jpg (354KB, 1689x950px) Image search: [Google]
theoutlanderiusefortrapshooting.jpg
354KB, 1689x950px
Hello, I've been a lurker on and off for a while and I'm a newfag to this board. I am wondering if you guys could help a typical newfag when it comes to firearms in general.

I'm a high school senior who's about to graduate and only last year did I get my hands on the two guns I now own. They were gifts from my Uncle and his side of the family; an A300 Outlander and a Ruger 10/22 rifle. I've only recently been able to use the shotgun because I joined my school's trap shooting team (the reason I got the shotgun in the first place) and last night was the first time I had ever cleaned a gun (being my Outlander).

I've been interested in firearms for a good chunk of my life but rarely have had the chance to actually use them. I'm still very inexperienced when it comes to firearms and I'm looking for various activities I could do to improve upon that, which is why I am coming to you guys. Also, I would like to know /k/ approved guns for newfags/poorfags.

On another note can someone explain the whole Rhodesian thing to me. I've watched a few documentaries and have found the Bush War interesting, but what does it mean to /k/?
>>
File: karmslist.jpg (3MB, 3900x5008px) Image search: [Google]
karmslist.jpg
3MB, 3900x5008px
>>33536193
Lurk a lot, ask questions, ignore trolls and ragers. Here's the official /k/ poorfag arms list, though it needs a revision because it's a few years old and a few things have changed (like the price of milsurps going up). We mourn Rhodesia because it was the first great post-colonial white genocide, and because the Rhodesians were very aesthetic. Welcome, and keep on shooting.
>>
>>33536193
but ammo. practice.

practice moar.

then practice again.

see if you can find an appeared event to learn rifle marksmanship. they encourage the use of the .22 in their classes for true newbs.

after a while, start figuring out what you want in a centerfire rifle.

take your time and try not to blow money on stupid shit because it looks cool or whatever. it takes years to build up a good collection and it would be an insult to own guns you don't know how to use.
>>
>>33536299
Jesus fuck I hate my phone. any way....

but is supposed to be buy.
appeared is supposed to be Appleseed.
>>
>>33536193
I think >>33536265 offered some good advice. Don't bubba up that 10/22 or buy a lot of tacticool shit for it. I would, however, buy a nice, basic, inexpensive scope for it - the Nikon P-Rimfire is about a hundred bucks, and will help you learn the very basics of shooting with optics. Spend a lot of time down at the range punching holes in paper. Git gud, and then worry about expanding your collection later.
>>
>>33536193
>A300 Outlander

That shotty is far too good for you, give it back to your uncle, and apologize to him for being a worthless faggot.
>>
>>33536193
Learn to hunt, Appleseed marksmanship program, and READ THE FUCKING MANUAL for all your guns. Welcome, /k/omrade.
>>
File: 1423846387967.png (255KB, 503x373px) Image search: [Google]
1423846387967.png
255KB, 503x373px
>>33536193
Eat my fucking dick you newfag bitch. How's that for a welcome.

You can't just become one of us. You Twitter and Facebook and social media. We are the orks from Mordor. Star wars 1977 to 1983. Get out of my face you insufferable faglord.
>>
File: rac3.jpg (62KB, 281x266px) Image search: [Google]
rac3.jpg
62KB, 281x266px
>>33536193
As to the bush war...Rhodesia was one of the many British colonies. Sometime after WWII Britain granted home rule, intending the country to go back to the natives. The white settlers who lived there knew this was retarded, and kept control of the government. This caused an international scandal, as every nation denounced Rhodesia for being racist and not handing the keys to a bunch of <70 IQ jungle monkeys with no idea how to govern a modern country, in which the white Rhodesians had invested all their blood sweat and tears.

During the Cold War, the communists armed and trained black revolutionaries, who led a 20 year guerilla war against Rhodesia. So basically this gives us a boner because a few million resourceful, outnumbered whites were able to hold out for 20 years against what was practically a proxy war of the Soviet Union. They received no aid, no sympathy, and were in fact embargoed by the rest of the western world. They developed their own weapons, cobbled together vehicles out of scrap, and still maintained a standard of living that has not yet been seen on that continent.

The funny thing is their government was not even explicitly racist, they only had educational requirements whereas South Africa had race-based caste system.

I don't think there is a single /k/ommando who doesn't secretly wish he could have been slotting floppies with his FAL while wearing short-shorts.
>>
>>33536193
You 18 yet OP?
>>
>>33537753
yeah
>>
File: 1459402157832.jpg (70KB, 630x700px) Image search: [Google]
1459402157832.jpg
70KB, 630x700px
>>33536193

If you are respectful, open and honest and don't post questions with a inflamitory pic you'll get help.

/k/ is usually pretty helpful if you don't act taller or tougher than you are, there are some high speed people here and you'll never really know who is.

> Rhodesia

Marxist used liberal/progressive propaganda to tell the whites that afrikans are no different than them, but they are different (less smarts), so when afrikans couldn't do complex things needed to support the nation they felt inferior.

Because they felt inferior they said "we deserve more" even when they deserved less, so they stole everything and killed everyone. Now they are starving and wish they never kicked whites out.

Same for Haiti, same for south afrika, and same for any nation with a large afrikan population. A vicious cycle of niggers not being as capable as other races but being told they're just as good...
>>
>>33536702
>>33537915
nice /pol/ propaganda learn to history breh and youll see that your racist and historical revisionsionist remarks are not correct
>>
File: Test2.png (95KB, 662x863px) Image search: [Google]
Test2.png
95KB, 662x863px
>>33536193

There you go, when sighting in start at 20 yards though or else you'll appear to be shooting too low
>>
>>33536193
Safety, safety safety
>>
>>33540152
>>33536702

This is basically what happened but it was more racist if you got into the details. Blacks didn't have any way of moving up in the system really.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.