[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the hearing protection act ever be enacted? I seems like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: yhm-3500-28-510x652.jpg (14KB, 510x652px) Image search: [Google]
yhm-3500-28-510x652.jpg
14KB, 510x652px
Will the hearing protection act ever be enacted? I seems like there isn't much movement on it..
>>
>>33534720

Ditto.
>>
>>33534720
Lawful Commerce in Arms act took about 5 years

As much as we all want it, don't get your hopes up for anytime in 2017.
>>
>>33534720
probably will get tabled.

this bizarre idea that criminals will use silencers to take out unsuspecting victims (like the footsteps of a navy seal) is way too ingrained by action movies and shit here-- it's not like britain where the suppressor is considered a courtesy while hunting. in fact, such a thought never even crosses the mind of your average nogunz
>>
>>33534720
Eh?
>>
>>33534828
I SAID EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
>>
legalizing supressors isn't politically viable since trump already has the pro-gun crowd.
>>
>>33534720
we said it will die in committee when it was first introduced and that hasn't changed.
>>
File: t3_61bt7r.gif (473KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
t3_61bt7r.gif
473KB, 800x600px
Even if it does come to fruition, don't hold off picking up a suppressor for later. Buy it now and pay the tax because the second this bill can feasibly pass they'll be sold out for years.
>>
even if they're legal on the federal level my state still has them banned

zombie abe lincoln weeps.
>>
>>33534908
That's where you'll come to make one yourself.
>>
>>33534908
I'm pretty sure that I can make myself a highly effective silencer for any pistol calibre for ~110 in parts.

I'm not worried about a shortage of raw materials. But laziness is a real market driver for sure.
>>
>>33535078

Only issue with homemade pistol silencers is the recoil booster, unless you just buy a production one and thread your tube for it, have the tools to make a working one, or stick to blowback pistols.
>>
>>33535151
They definitely exist as standalone devices that are pre-threaded, and aside from the spring, they aren't a difficult thing in themselves.

Though, I tend to think that fixed barrels, and bolt action carbines are the best things for suppression anyway.

So I'm not likely to reinvent an unnecessary wheel, when I'll get better performance out of a fixed barrel bolt action or, as you said, blowback.
>>
>>33535176

All that said, I still plan on buying a titanium hybrid can for rifle calibres soon, on a stamp, regardless of the HPA.

Because, even if I know the math and geometry, I'm not going to drop the money required to machine inconel or titanium.
>>
>>33534720
Nope it will never happen. The NRA doesn't give a shit about gun owners or gun rights(ex: all the gun grabbing on coastal states via "policies"). All they give a shit about is pushing buy's and stock prices. They won't even have debates in congress about it or support Constitutionalist.
>>
>>33534720
They're talking about it on cspan right now. Some douche bag congressman from Florida, "Deutch", was arguing against it.
>>
File: FTN-M6.png (469KB, 3555x2198px) Image search: [Google]
FTN-M6.png
469KB, 3555x2198px
If you haven't already, use this page to badger your politicreatures.

http://www.fightthenoise.org/take-action/
>>
File: FTN-M3.png (62KB, 464x450px) Image search: [Google]
FTN-M3.png
62KB, 464x450px
One day we will have access to cheap, unrestricted silencers.

One day.
>>
Mines in atf jail right now, i kinda feel retarded for buying one and waiting over 10 months for it (thats right folks)

The restrictions on this shit make me want to go full retard into my own head. But hey, that would require another 2 tax stamps so fuck me right?
>>
>>33534720
The HPA is shit.
>>
Republicans are too busy selling our privacy and health insurance.
>>
>>33535471
"Deutch" is a Former Representative. He left the office Jan of this year. Not sure why his opinion matters.
>>
>>33535238
It really seems despite the fact that gun owners were taking a breather after Trump's election in reality we're continually losing and not gaining on gun rights. Look at the horrible shit going on in California.
>>
>>33537312

If the Democratic rats forced everyone to pay for it and gave it to you then it wasn't your health insurance to begin with.

Your favorite gun must be a AKFegget7
>>
>>33534908
Can't you just use an oil filter?
>>
>>33534815
Pretty sure the Brits actually banned suppressors but then courts deemed it unlawful to ban safety equipment.
>>
HPA isn't going anywhere.
But I'm still not getting any NFA stuff til 41F goes away.
>>
>>33540047
Yes, as long as you have no interest whatsoever in being able to use your sights.
>>
>>33540047
There's an adapter that's sold to attach oil filters to barrels. Of course it's ATF-cucked
>>
>>33537288
Cuck.
>>
>>33540860
>wants suppressors regulated as firearms
The cuck is you.
>>
>>33540922
>Wants suppressors more regulated than regular firearms
Niggerfaggot.
>>
>>33540970
How retarded are you to think I want suppressors more regulated than Title I firearms when I'm complaining they'll be regulated as as Title I firearms?

What is with this form of arguing on here? Just because someone doesn't support what you support doesn't mean they support the polar opposite.
>>
>>33534720
Congress is really fucking busy at the moment. They always are after a change in administration, but this time they're REALLY swamped, what with trying to figure out how to handle this Trump-Russia shit, the Supreme Court nomination, the immigration shit, and the healthcare thing.

The HPA isn't a bill that's going to just slide through congress unopposed and no one really has the time to fight for it right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 807x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 807x700px
>>33541010
Well you obviously don't want suppressors deregulated to the point of title 1 firearms. (The goal of the HPA).
Title 1 guns aren't even that regulated. Alls you need to do is have money, a photo ID and fill out a form written at a 5th grade level.
No waiting period, no tax stamp, no bullshit.
What part of deregulation, lowering the limitations and hoops to jump through, do you think is a bad thing?
>>
>>33541053
The part where they are then regulated as Title I firearms instead of being unregulated. They're not firearms, they shouldn't be regulated.
>>
>>33535209
>I'm not going to drop the money required to machine inconel or titanium.

You mean a $70 drill press?
>>
Okay so short answer

No

Long answer

We dont have the votes. And democrats will use their #resistance bullshit to blow up any attempts to do so.

We have a chance to reach supermajority in 2018. But it likely wont happen. But we can get close. Between 1-3 votes

If this is the case the NRA should dump millions on those three democrats.
>>
>>33537312
To be fair, the regulations didn't prohibit your ISP from collecting and selling your info. They simply forced the ISP to ask your permission. Your ISP would have just added it to the terms of service you certainly didn't read and done it anyway. Set up a VPN on a Russian server and get back to business.
>>
>>33540047
Actually when you get the purolator classic filter we have oil deals that are pretty sweet, like Moble 1 full syn for $23.99 plus tax
>>
>>33541065
>what is stepping stones
Grabbers have done it forever, it's time we do it to take back what's ours, slowly but surely.
>>
>>33541210
Stepping stones are retarded. Title I firearms have their own fuckery. Suppressors aren't firearms and I shouldn't have to deal with that shit when buying something that isn't even a firearm.
>>
>>33541284
By making them less regulated, we can eventually step to making them unregulated.

It's clearly been shown to work when grabbers gradually whittle away at things, so clearly it'll work to do it backwards, because their gradualist shit has been undone before.
>>
>>33541340
Stop being such a pussy. Support a bill that properly deregulates them, or don't.
>>
>>33541354
Yeah, a bill that will be a lot harder to get support for.

There's nothing wrong with making tactical moves to get what you want.
>>
>>33541095

>we have the chance for a supermajority in 2018
>presidential approval in the low 30%s and congressional approval less than 20%
>not even 100 days in

I don't even have an anime face smug enough for the delusion you've forced yourself into by interacting with people on 4chan. The internet is not a good reflection of the real world.
>>
>>33534908
Also there's some rider in the bill to give back the money for stamps submitted after sometime in 2015. If you put the $200 down now you'll either get it back when the bill passes or not when it fails.
>>
>>33540047
>t. Bubba
>>
Fuck the HPA i want to see the Hughes repealed so i can buy a fully automatic AK-47 without being a fucking kike billionaire.
Then we can start talking of suppressors.
>>
>>33534720
No, this is dead in the water along with taxes and healthcare.
>>
>>33541419
Go for the low hanging fruit first, Anon. Otherwise you could end up with none of what you want instead of only a portion.
>>
>>33541371
>Yeah, a bill that will be a lot harder to get support for.
Not even.
>>
>>33537194
Yeah well they're pretty shit all in all. Not saying they shouldn't be accessible and cheap, but they're so niche and come with so many downsides that you're better off focusing your attention st something else, for example repealing the import restrictions or SBR laws.
T.Finland
>>
>>33541449
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........................
>>
If suppressors get dropped to title 1 items, does that mean you could buy an 80% silencer and then finish it yourself?
>>
>>33541507
You could do that now, but you can't.
>>
>>33541468
What are you trying to say?
>>
>>33541540
But I mean it would be easy and no extra legalities, as opposed to now where I'd have to wait for it to register to build it.
>>
I just feel like if you look at it, we've gained really nothing since trump's been elected, and we are STILL gradually losing our rights. Look at California.
>>
>>33541705
>200k jobs in the market
>nothing
>>
>>33541705
Because Trump doesn't give a fuck about gun rights unless it furthers his own agenda.
>>
>>33541854
I meant gun rights.
>>
>>33541879
Sorry forgot I was on /k/ my bad.
>>
Nobody has used an oil filter from a car? Stupid cheap with very similar results, just ugly/fat.
>>
>>33542171
illegal without the right paperwork.
>>
>>33534720
Anon, they have bigger things on their plate right now. Like Gorsuch. Or the two cabinet positions still unconfirmed.

It's been two months, learn some patience.
>>
>>33534908
I saw Rock Island in that .gif
>>
>>33541388
The election ended 5 months ago CTR. Find a new job, your paychecks are not being held up by accounting, you're just not being paid.

>>33541354
Anon, if you want anal and she offers a blowjob, just take the blowjob. You can work your way into her from there, jumping on the bed reeing about anal is why you aren't getting laid.
>>
>>33534908
>because the second this bill can feasibly pass they'll be sold out for years.
Except every gun manufacturer in America will start pumping them out. Considering all you need for mass production is a tube and some CNC baffles, it'll be an easy start-up. IMHO, you'll start seeing 50 dollar CNC cans like you see 20 dollar muzzle breaks.
>>
>>33534908
>suppressor salesman detected
>>
>>33541705
People with representative payees are no longer considered mentally defective.
>>
>>33541388
>30% approval
What is CONSTANT media propaganda? Constant "Trump is literally Hitler, and you are too if you like him" from every non-fox news source = low public perception.
>>
>>33543358
Oh, that's what I was forgetting, Zinke scrapped the lead ammo ban on federal lands.
>>
>>33534908
>sold out for years.
Try a few months. It doesnt take much to make suppressors. Everyone who makes gun parts will be producing them the moment its legal.
>>
>>33535209
Machining titanium, even the scary grade 5 alloy, isn't hard at all
>>
>>33539722
On the federal level pro-gun groups are actually on the offensive.

In the last 2 months theyve shot down 2 defacto registry creations as well as a bill that would have required gun owners pay higher premiums on insurance and register each gun owned with thier insurance provider.

The 4th one shot down was a bill that would have removed gun rights from disabled veterans and people recieving medicaid. It also had a clause that kinda sorta hinted all veterans would need to get a doctors note declaring mental fitness in order to buy weapons.

All 4 were created at the end of obama's term and all 4 got shot to pieces in the last 2 months. On a federal level pro-gun is doing better than it has in years.
>>
File: 1484242103311.jpg (64KB, 640x431px) Image search: [Google]
1484242103311.jpg
64KB, 640x431px
>>33543424
You should know. You've machined aluminum and resin!
>>
>>33541165
Yeah I didn't get what the fuss was about, literally nothings changed. Anyone who cares about privacy is already using a VPN, all the outrage is from normies that don't realize every site, service and app they use was already collecting and selling their data, adding ISP's to the list doesn't change much other than giving them another revenue stream.
>>
>>33540372
41F wasn't an executive order that Trump can simply undo, regardless of what facebook told you.
>>
File: 1488857010743.jpg (11KB, 200x315px) Image search: [Google]
1488857010743.jpg
11KB, 200x315px
>>33543343

>"I'm not deluded!" he posted
>while simultaneously claiming that anyone who disagrees with him politically on his favorite anonymous internet forum must have been paid by a shadowy cabal to do so
>>
>>33541542
i htink he's trying to say that its important because it helps protect every shooter's ears from permanent ear damage.
>>
>>33546320
But you'll have to wear earpro anyway unless you 1) shoot somewhere alone and 2) are shooting subsonics. Supersonic crack still hurts your ears, anon. So in essence suppressors are most likely completely useless for civillian applications- I'd ever use mine if I was shooting at the family's summer cottage and neighbours started bitching about the noise.
>>
>>33546925
Supressors are being tackled first. Other restrictions will be removed eventually.
>>
>>33537280
laws only bother the law-abiding

and

its only a crime if you're caught

also

as an american, you have a civic duty to disobey unjust laws. but if you cant do the time dont do the crime.
>>
>>33541419
a good fight is one you win, faggot

pick your battles
>>
>>33546968
as if any of the faggots here are even registered to vote
>>
>>33546968
Your priorities are fucked up.
>>
>>33541886

jobs aren't rights.
>>
>>33547054
But a garunteed basic income is apparently, wanna bet we see it get implimented in our lifetimes?

Combine with a non-physical cash economy and the government will know how many guns you have based just on electronic transactions.

For example, you got guns from prior to all that registration right? You still buy ammo for them tho, via electronic payments they can tell that you atleast have 1 gun per caliber you buy.

I dont think its just gonna be a gun registry that finally hits us, I think in the next 20 years theres gonna be an EVERYTHING registry.

IRS is already poking at the idea that barter-exchanges should be subject to tax (gotta pay a tax on a percentage of the monetary value for the items exchanged).

No way to enforce it for everyone but it could be enforced selectivley as a tool to fuck dissidents over. (You posess items not listed on your assests profile? You owe back taxes on thier value all the sudden!)

Things are gonna get really really orwellian in the next few decades.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.