[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am Canadian and broke as fuck. I can afford one fire arm at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1489134199718.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489134199718.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
I am Canadian and broke as fuck. I can afford one fire arm at this time:

Modern used bolt action, likely in .233. This would be on the super high end of my price range (A savage in .223 is at my LGS for 490$ and I was told it was the most affordable option). I would likely buy used online. I would not be able to afford glass right away, unless I bought something for literally 0$.

I could get an SKS at my local store. These are reasonably priced, but unfortunately they are like a whore during shore leave. Not only are they getting hard to find and/or more expensive, but they are in rougher and rougher shape. Someone is selling a 56 yugo online for 700$ right now.

A shotgun in 12 gauge. I can find Maverick 88's for about 300$ locally/online. Could probably find a variety of options in or around 200$.

A Mosin. I could buy a Mosin and be well withing my budget. They are going for 200$ or less around here, so I could probably get a pile of ammo and/or some accessories for my glorious moist nugget. Hell I could probably buy a cheap .22 or 12 gauge with the money saved.

As for why I need/want a gun is obvious. I want to shoot targets maybe get into small game/bird hunting and in the very far future maybe hunt deer. However I likely will only be shooting targets for a long time.

Honestly I am leaning towards getting a Mosin and modifying/upgrading it over time (because purist tears make my dick hard). Other Milsurp rifles are much more expensive locally, especially considering I could buy a Remington 700 for what some of those guns go for around here. I know the Mosin isn't the most accurate, but youtube has plenty of videos of people cherry picking a rifle, accurizing it and having what looks like a blast shooting them. Same with the SKS.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>33534318
Check out the used gun sections online for most gun stores. There are tons of options in your price range in Ontario.
>>
>>33534318
check crappy tire for an sks, they go for around 200$ in new brunswick there
>>
>>33534594
I saw a sporterized p-14 for between 3-400 bucks in a used rack recently. Great target rifle.
>>
>>33534666
problem is ammo availability, op is probably not going to be willing to spend well over a loonie per shot
>>
>>33534318
go to canada general you cuck instead of starting a new thread
wait and buy an SKS or Mosin from the CGN equipment exchange if you don't mind online purchases. You can still get reasonably good deals on mostly numbers matching SKS refurbs in the 200-300 range
>>
>>33534751

LOL ok then. I am on CGN. All the SKS's I see are way the fuck overpriced because somebody spread that SKS's will be banned shortly by the RCMP.

Every SKS is pushing 300$ now for some stupid reason.

>>33534666

If I could snag a reasonably priced Enfield here I would. But they are hitting that 400$ mark these days and the .308 is rather pricey. That's why I was looking at Russian milsurp. Cheaper ammo, especially for a center fire.

>>33534625
>>33534594

I am in Alberta. Northern Alberta too. So buying a gun locally for a decent price is harder because reasons.
>>
>>33534680
reload and its down to 60 cents. Spend some money over time, restore it to original and its fun and an investment + i more rifle unfucked.
>>
>>33535342

Yeah. But I am looking for cheap right now. Try it out, see what I want to do ect. No that doesn't mean I want a .22. Thats why I figured shotgun in the beginning. But they suck for target shooting, unless it is clay pigeons.
>>
>>33535342
That's what i'm doing with my inherited no1, just need to find the forend
>>
>>33535357
Nothing wrong with starting on a .22 my friend. Cheap, quiet and learn the basics for a while. Don't think you have to start with a 30 cal.
>>
>>33535524

I have shot .22's, .30-06, 30-30, 303, 410, 16 gauge and 12 gauge. I have spent a ton of time shooting, learning about guns and enjoying them. I just never made the effort to buy one of my own.

Honestly this may get me flamed, but I owned an Airsoft KC02 (10/22 clone). I went out to a relatives place to sight it in and fool around. They brought out there 10/22 and I had my replica. We setup some cans about 30-50 feet away and started taking pot shots. My replica looked like a 10/22, kicked like a 10/22, but was more quiet and a better shooter at short ranges. I want a bigger rifle because shooting a .22, unless I splurge a ton of cash on a CZ one, doesn't appeal to me. If there was a better selection of pistol caliber bolt actions in Canada for cheap, I would get one of those. I would love a Novem 9mm, but they are way to expensive.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.