[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M1 Carbine Malfunctions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1066.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1066.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Recently a couple weird malfunctions in my M1 Carbine. Does anyone know what would cause this type of failure? It seems like bolt would weakly eject the case, pick up a new cartridge, then catch the ejected case while sending the new round into the chamber.

I fired maybe 50 rounds that day, & only had this problem twice. I'm pretty sure it only occurred when using a 10 round mag, but don't see how the mag would cause this malf. Could it be a weak spring, or a couple underpowered rounds?
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Different angle
>>
>>33533781
Probably underpowered ammo not blowing the bolt back enough to provide enough time for the case to fly out of the way.
>>
>>33533781
try cleaning your gas piston & chamber.
>>
>>33533781
A couple things OP.
1. What ammo are you using
2. Is the ejector in proper order
3. Like >>33533868 said
>>
>>33533781
Also, if you wanna get better reliability out of the 10 round mags, then you should install a 15 round spring.
>>
>>33533897
Remington UMC. Hadn't considered that it might be the ejector, will have to check that out.
>>
>>33533964
Thanks, will consider that. I have plenty of 15 rounders, but use the 10 rounders when at public ranges because CA.
>>
Try extractor spring, replace it
>>
>>33534358
Yes, initially I was thinking it might be an issue with the mainspring, but now I'm thinking it's a problem with the extractor/ejector.
>>
>>33533781
>Bolt has moved far enough to extract round and almost chamber live round.

At a guess I'd say your ejector or maybe the gas system malfunctioning.

t.m1a owner
>>
your ejector is messed up, it could be the extractor also. take the bolt apart, and replace the 2 little springs for the extractor and ejector/plunger and clean that shit the fuck out super good. might as well just pop in a new extractor while you are in there and have everything apart, its like a 4 dollar part. if you still get problems after that, its not the bolt, look at the gas plug and make sure your gas valve isnt plugged with crud.

its either cycling weakly or having a problem letting go of the spent round. when you hand cycle rounds, do they all eject normally?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.